Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hogan money 14:11 - Jan 31 with 13617 viewsChaffRAFC

Now that we're getting a massive amount of money for a club our size, what improvements would you want to see round the club? Squad improvements? Facilities? Contracts? Cheaper season tickets?

Personally, I'd love us spend a bit on the following:

* Get the ground painted, not just a bit but all around the ground, said it before but if you're looking at Spotland coming from Ings Lane and down Sandy Lane way then it looks a rusty mess. Get it sorted and get it spruces up, preferably in the clubs colours!

* Sort the Five a-side pitch out and turn it into an investment. Do leagues run on there anymore? The pitch on there is a disgrace to be honest, it's very dangerous and has just been left to rot since it was built many many years ago. Needs fixing definitely, I wouldn't want my lad playing on that surface.

* Seats inside Spotland need cleaning and in the mainstand, I'd go as far as to suggest we replace the red seats with which ones, it makes no sense to have red ones in there.

* How much were the Trust quoted for a scoreboard? If it's now affordable, it would be very nice to finally see one, which would also bring sponsorship opportunities surely?

That too much to ask?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Hogan money on 20:24 - Jan 31 with 3792 viewswidgibob

Re: Decorating and general maintenance.
Why don't the club have a word with some local trades and try and cut a deal where say they get the painting done at a discounted rate and they get some free advertising and not just a little square in the programme but a some nice signage in each stand saying which firm was responsible (plus the painters are less likely to rough it in if their names are there for all to see!)

Miguel, Miguel de Souza, his name's peculiar,Miguel de Souza...........HIYA MATE HIYA MATE HIYA MATE.

Hogan money on 20:27 - Jan 31 with 3762 viewswidgibob

Hogan money on 20:24 - Jan 31 by R17ALE

I'd go one further there Molly.

Do you remember that Bond film where the baddie harnessed the power of the sun to create energy? I'm annoyed I can't remember which one. Think it was the one with nic nac.

Anyway we should make the main stand roof into something similar.

Man with the Golden Gun???
[Post edited 31 Jan 2017 20:25]

Yep The man with the golden gun
It was the Solex Agitator

Miguel, Miguel de Souza, his name's peculiar,Miguel de Souza...........HIYA MATE HIYA MATE HIYA MATE.

Hogan money on 20:38 - Jan 31 with 3665 viewsriggers37

Hogan money on 20:27 - Jan 31 by widgibob

Yep The man with the golden gun
It was the Solex Agitator

What about a digital advertising hoarding around the pitch perimeter. The current advertising looks tatty and dated. I agree that the ground all round needs a bit of TLC in general!
Hogan money on 20:51 - Jan 31 with 3569 viewsDaley_Lama

Pay the mortgage off (or at least some part of it)

Poll: DF in or out

Hogan money on 20:55 - Jan 31 with 3534 viewsdale1968

What about actually get a bit more quality for the squad...

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Hogan money on 20:56 - Jan 31 with 3529 viewsTVOS1907

Hogan money on 20:55 - Jan 31 by dale1968

What about actually get a bit more quality for the squad...

Might be difficult in the next two hours.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hogan money on 21:05 - Jan 31 with 3436 viewsD_Alien

Hogan money on 20:11 - Jan 31 by Molly

With regards to solar panels it might be more useful to replace the main stand roof with some type of transparent panels. The side of the pitch which freezes because it never gets direct sunlight might stand a better chance.

Exactly what I've thought! Even convex/concave (whichever) panels to enhance the natural sunlight, if that can be done without causing glare

Edit: just seen R17ALE's post
[Post edited 31 Jan 2017 21:06]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hogan money on 21:08 - Jan 31 with 3415 views49thseason

Hogan money on 20:01 - Jan 31 by nordenblue

I seem to remember a conversation with an installer sometime ago that all this solar power/panels is a bit of a myth,and it takes something like 20 years to reap any real benefits and that's just on the outlay to supply/fit a private property not to mention something as big as a full stand.

I personally thinks there's much better ways to invest the new money,I'd start with a good few grand decorating the internal areas of the main stand and re carpet it all too. The issues with the toilets etc and cleanliness shouldn't even come into this windfall that's just basic hygiene,I'd be happy to put a quote in for some of the work and I seem to remember there's a local decorator who posts on here too from memory...

I have 16 solar panels on a south-facing roof, the cost was £5k. Prior to install, my monthly electricity bill was £115 per month.
Post install, my electricity bill is £55 per month and I receive £600- £650 a year in feed in tariffs so effectively I no longer pay for my electricity. I do try to use things like dishwasher, washer, tumble dryer during the day which I guess may be more difficult for people who are out at work all day but I guess could be done using timers. I have also fitted LED bulbs in most of the house. the payback on my £5k is about £1200 a year and the panels should last 25 years with only a slight reduction in efficiency. The best investment I have made for years!

Apropos the Hogan money and solar, the best bet to put 100 panels on the roof of the main stand which is south facing and then invest in 3 or 4 of the new Tesla battery packs which will power the office lights etc in the evenings. I would also add some LED spotlights to the corners of the stands to brighten areas that still look a bit dark to me even though they were part of the new lights requirement a couple of years ago. I guess a lot of the lights in the stands could be replaced by LEDs as well.

My bet is that a chunk of the money will be invested in the Academy to enable it to move from category 3 to Cat 2 or even Cat1.

Beyond that repaying loans early and investing in better hospitality arrangements at the ground would seem to be the logical things to do especially as low interest rates mitigate against banking it and enjoying the proceeds
Login to get fewer ads

Hogan money on 21:08 - Jan 31 with 3414 viewsDorkingDale

Mmm - no deal yet. Might have to put the extended Sandy with solar panels on hold.
Hogan money on 21:35 - Jan 31 with 3307 viewsSuddenLad

Hogan money on 21:08 - Jan 31 by DorkingDale

Mmm - no deal yet. Might have to put the extended Sandy with solar panels on hold.

Announcement due after the game finishes according to earlier reports.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hogan money on 21:47 - Jan 31 with 3212 viewsnordenblue

Hogan money on 21:08 - Jan 31 by 49thseason

I have 16 solar panels on a south-facing roof, the cost was £5k. Prior to install, my monthly electricity bill was £115 per month.
Post install, my electricity bill is £55 per month and I receive £600- £650 a year in feed in tariffs so effectively I no longer pay for my electricity. I do try to use things like dishwasher, washer, tumble dryer during the day which I guess may be more difficult for people who are out at work all day but I guess could be done using timers. I have also fitted LED bulbs in most of the house. the payback on my £5k is about £1200 a year and the panels should last 25 years with only a slight reduction in efficiency. The best investment I have made for years!

Apropos the Hogan money and solar, the best bet to put 100 panels on the roof of the main stand which is south facing and then invest in 3 or 4 of the new Tesla battery packs which will power the office lights etc in the evenings. I would also add some LED spotlights to the corners of the stands to brighten areas that still look a bit dark to me even though they were part of the new lights requirement a couple of years ago. I guess a lot of the lights in the stands could be replaced by LEDs as well.

My bet is that a chunk of the money will be invested in the Academy to enable it to move from category 3 to Cat 2 or even Cat1.

Beyond that repaying loans early and investing in better hospitality arrangements at the ground would seem to be the logical things to do especially as low interest rates mitigate against banking it and enjoying the proceeds

I take it your installation is pretty recent with that initial cost,another question how in God's name were you paying £115 a month anyway just for electricity to start with?

The cost per unit they now pay the homeowner in return has been dramatically reduced over the last few years too and there's no guarentee at what rate the future holds either I'm guessing?

If they are/were so economical why aren't firms fitting them on all new builds,and why are there still so few properties with panels already?

I'm not doubting your figures as you clearly know more than me with already having them, but there's a good few things that don't quite add up still...
Hogan money on 21:51 - Jan 31 with 3169 viewsColDale

Surely there will never be a better time to finally sort out training facilities. We'll have the funds to get what we want for the benefit of the first team and the academy which will only benefit the future of this club. There's some cosmetic stuff needed but the cash needs to be used to make a real difference to the future of the club.
Hogan money on 21:53 - Jan 31 with 3146 viewsD_Alien

Hogan money on 21:51 - Jan 31 by ColDale

Surely there will never be a better time to finally sort out training facilities. We'll have the funds to get what we want for the benefit of the first team and the academy which will only benefit the future of this club. There's some cosmetic stuff needed but the cash needs to be used to make a real difference to the future of the club.

Might depend on whether the board see ongoing maintenance of such facilities as a potential drawback, should we fall on leaner times

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hogan money on 22:10 - Jan 31 with 3021 viewsdawlishdale

Hogan money on 21:53 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

Might depend on whether the board see ongoing maintenance of such facilities as a potential drawback, should we fall on leaner times

Surely we should be waiting for the confirmation of the transfer before spending the money.

Dont underestimate the curse..
Hogan money on 22:25 - Jan 31 with 2904 viewsBirchy915

Hogan money on 21:47 - Jan 31 by nordenblue

I take it your installation is pretty recent with that initial cost,another question how in God's name were you paying £115 a month anyway just for electricity to start with?

The cost per unit they now pay the homeowner in return has been dramatically reduced over the last few years too and there's no guarentee at what rate the future holds either I'm guessing?

If they are/were so economical why aren't firms fitting them on all new builds,and why are there still so few properties with panels already?

I'm not doubting your figures as you clearly know more than me with already having them, but there's a good few things that don't quite add up still...

My panels were fitted at the end of 2012. I have 16 of them. The feed in tariff rates are much lower now, - I get 16p feed in and 2p export fixed for 25 years (export is what they assume you put into the grid rather than using yourself) the current rate seems to be 4.1p so on my figures only worth about £200 and the rate is guaranteed for 25 years but I would think most households could reduce there bills by 50% just by using the power you generate from the roof. As the Tesla batteries get cheaper, all the electricity you generate during the day and don't use will be available at night via the battery (currently about £4k) and you could effectively be off grid. I have no idea why they are not a standard fitting on new builds just about every house in the country with a south-ish facing roof will work fine if they work in Rochdale as apparently this is the wettest place in the UK with a population of more than 50,000 - we get 800 hours of sunshine less than Southampton per year.

Even if it takes 10 years to pay off the cost of the panels, I would still think they are a good bet financially ... you only need to be saving £25 -30 (plus FIT) a month off your bills to pay off the cost of the panels in 10 years giving you a further 15 years for free. BTW you can't take the panels if you move .. they have to stay with the property but I guess they are a selling point!

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Hogan money on 22:35 - Jan 31 with 4407 views442Dale

Hogan money on 21:53 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

And the way we work now seems to get results anyway. Using different facilities definitely works for the first team and upgrading what's available down at the Cricket Club could be an option, but unless Keith Hill wants to make a change, I can't see it happening.

I doubt he has much of an opinion on the bogs.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hogan money on 22:38 - Jan 31 with 4360 viewsnordenblue

Hogan money on 22:25 - Jan 31 by Birchy915

My panels were fitted at the end of 2012. I have 16 of them. The feed in tariff rates are much lower now, - I get 16p feed in and 2p export fixed for 25 years (export is what they assume you put into the grid rather than using yourself) the current rate seems to be 4.1p so on my figures only worth about £200 and the rate is guaranteed for 25 years but I would think most households could reduce there bills by 50% just by using the power you generate from the roof. As the Tesla batteries get cheaper, all the electricity you generate during the day and don't use will be available at night via the battery (currently about £4k) and you could effectively be off grid. I have no idea why they are not a standard fitting on new builds just about every house in the country with a south-ish facing roof will work fine if they work in Rochdale as apparently this is the wettest place in the UK with a population of more than 50,000 - we get 800 hours of sunshine less than Southampton per year.

Even if it takes 10 years to pay off the cost of the panels, I would still think they are a good bet financially ... you only need to be saving £25 -30 (plus FIT) a month off your bills to pay off the cost of the panels in 10 years giving you a further 15 years for free. BTW you can't take the panels if you move .. they have to stay with the property but I guess they are a selling point!

Cheers,all interesting reading tbf... Another off putting point I'm sure he said was the batteries which you mentioned seem to be ridiculously expensive too.

I did a couple of electrical courses and the college I went to runs the installation program for the panels so got chatting a bit to the instructor,all very interesting.

From a personal view it wouldn't pay for me to install them as I wouldn't stay in the same house long enough to reap the rewards...
Hogan money on 07:06 - Feb 1 with 4162 viewsaleanddale

What a morning for the Dale.

Kerr bloody Ching......

Fantastic opportunity now to really take the club further forward.

West Hams loss!!

Thank you villa Brentford hilly & scotty this really is a massive deal for the club..
Hogan money on 07:45 - Feb 1 with 4101 viewsBartRowou

Don't get the bogs dissing at all. I can remember "the urination wall" at Burnley and trying to change a contact lens in the facilities at Saltergate. Ours are luxury in comparison.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Hogan money on 08:01 - Feb 1 with 4046 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hogan money on 07:45 - Feb 1 by BartRowou

Don't get the bogs dissing at all. I can remember "the urination wall" at Burnley and trying to change a contact lens in the facilities at Saltergate. Ours are luxury in comparison.

It's 2017

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hogan money on 08:03 - Feb 1 with 4037 viewsJimlidale

Should the club make a statement about plans for the money?
Hogan money on 08:22 - Feb 1 with 3972 viewsdeeplishblue

Hogan money on 08:03 - Feb 1 by Jimlidale

Should the club make a statement about plans for the money?

No. Don't be daft.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Hogan money on 08:38 - Feb 1 with 3916 viewsVivaDonaldo

I wouldn't expect immediate sweeping changes. It takes time for this money to filter through and our board don't strike me as the kind of people that spend before it hits the bank account.

Once the money is with us I would look to pay the mortgage off first. Then look at a schedule of renovations to the ground in the close season.

I think a training ground for a club of our size is, long term, a potential millstone round our necks given the upkeep required and initial outlay.
Hogan money on 08:56 - Feb 1 with 3871 viewsDaley_Lama

New sofas

Poll: DF in or out

Hogan money on 09:03 - Feb 1 with 3833 viewsBallastBoy

bit dry this... but I would recommend starting an endowment with some of the money.

Add to the endowment as an when possible... maybe one day the interest on the endowment will cover the clubs day to day running costs.

May take 100 years... but we are already over 100 years old.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024