Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Scunthorpe H 14:07 - Aug 12 with 13898 views442Dale

Team: Lillis, Brown, Ntlhe, McNulty, Canavan, Rafferty, Camps, Allen, Rathbone, Done, Henderson

Subs: Collis, Cannon, Kitching, Inman, Williams, Andrew, Davies
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 14:09]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 16:54 - Aug 12 with 2995 viewsBazzanne

Utter rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 16:56 - Aug 12 with 2962 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 16:54 - Aug 12 by Bazzanne

Hill out time?
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 16:56]
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:03 - Aug 12 with 2906 viewsDaleAddict

A good point from a pretty mediocre display aside from the first 10 minutes of the second half and the introduction of Davies. Scunthorpe looked a good side with some good players across the park, without themselves ever doing enough to deserve the three points outright. Disappointing we didn't manage the game better after going ahead but again conceded a relatively soft goal. Ultimately a game to quickly forget but a point on the board. Onwards and upwards.

Blog: A Dale Fan Abroad - Reflections on Burton Albion 1 Rochdale 2

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:05 - Aug 12 with 2884 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 16:56 - Aug 12 by nordenblue

Hill out time?

Happy (ish) with point,poor performance playing people out there of position really is concerning in my opinion. Davies needs to start every game. Need a Dawson like midfielder to help bk 4, also keep them 3 conference players away from the team

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:06 - Aug 12 with 2865 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hill out time?

No but thought we lacked ideas today against an admittedly solid opponent. The defence wasn't great and Reece brown and Jamie Allen looked poor. Plus points were the effort, and Davies goal

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:10 - Aug 12 with 2842 viewsBazzanne

Hill out time?

I don't think so but he has not got the squad he thinks he's got off the showings so far. very poor every game for mine. No defence and little up front. I think we will struggle with this lot.
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:10 - Aug 12 with 2840 views442Dale

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:03 - Aug 12 by DaleAddict

A good point from a pretty mediocre display aside from the first 10 minutes of the second half and the introduction of Davies. Scunthorpe looked a good side with some good players across the park, without themselves ever doing enough to deserve the three points outright. Disappointing we didn't manage the game better after going ahead but again conceded a relatively soft goal. Ultimately a game to quickly forget but a point on the board. Onwards and upwards.

That about covers it for the match.

Until we start playing the best players available and address that CH situation, we have to accept the limitations and expect games like this where a point is a decent return.

The lack of width is a problem at the moment and stems from the tactics and the choice of personnel.

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:14 - Aug 12 with 2815 views442Dale

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:10 - Aug 12 by Bazzanne

I don't think so but he has not got the squad he thinks he's got off the showings so far. very poor every game for mine. No defence and little up front. I think we will struggle with this lot.

Why hasn't he got the squad? We are one centre half short. The performances haven't been great but that's been as much down to the choices made rather than the players available.

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:31 - Aug 12 with 2671 viewsD_Alien

Hill out time?

You've whooshed quite a few with that one nb!

Fair point in the end, poor game, poor tactics and no need for me to repeat the obvious shortcomings, although I was more concerned about our thoroughly outfought midfield. We'll surely get better?

MoM: Lillis, who looked as solid and proactive as I've seen him. Saved our bacon a couple of times too

[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 17:35]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:36 - Aug 12 with 2635 viewsShun

A good point against what I thought was a very impressive Scunthorpe side. Let's not forget they finished 3rd last season and spent most of the season in the top 3. Having said that, I thought we matched them for large parts of the game, and but for the best save you'll see all season from Gilks we would've won it.

After our goal Alexander brought on subs and changed the formation I think, allowing Adelakun (who's an excellent player) more freedom, and at times after that it felt like it was a case of just waiting for them to grab the winner.

I agree with an earlier poster that Davies should be starting every game, but he looks quite far from fitness currently. Allen was poor, but Rathbone did well until he too tired. Brown has a good throw and some of his crosses are pretty good, but other than that I don't see any reason why he should be near the first team. McNulty terrified me at times but I thought Canavan was quite solid. Nthle I liked the look of, there's definitely a good player in there.

Ultimately I thought it was an ok performance against a good side, and a good point earned.
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:38 - Aug 12 with 2622 viewsBarrowdale

Brown not league 1. Claire fine. Canavan solid for a change. Square pegs in round holes. Just put raff at rb and we'd be halfway there. Need Davies to start.
There, easy!
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:42 - Aug 12 with 2595 viewsLuke8686

Who made the poor back pass in the first half that nearly led to them scoring? I'm assuming Jimmy?
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:49 - Aug 12 with 2533 viewsToffeemanc

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:42 - Aug 12 by Luke8686

Who made the poor back pass in the first half that nearly led to them scoring? I'm assuming Jimmy?

It was Jamie Allen. He seemed to play it half way between Canavan and Lillis. Canavan seemed to leave it for Lillis as it wasn't close enough to him and luckily Lillis read it and reacted well. The back four seemed edgy and surprisingly Canavan was solid. The less said about Reece Brown the better, personally haven't seen anything to suggest he deserves a place on the bench let alone in the starting eleven.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:52 - Aug 12 with 2507 viewsMolly

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 16:54 - Aug 12 by Bazzanne

Yes I agree with you , but then you do tend to spout quite a lot of it.
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:53 - Aug 12 with 2496 viewsbrady

Jamie Allen with the back pass. Worked hard and covered every blade of grass with no reward. Had no option but to try a backpass
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:57 - Aug 12 with 2458 viewsNogintheNog

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:38 - Aug 12 by Barrowdale

Brown not league 1. Claire fine. Canavan solid for a change. Square pegs in round holes. Just put raff at rb and we'd be halfway there. Need Davies to start.
There, easy!

Never ever thought I`d say this but today I thought Canavan&McNulty did a resonable impression of a centre back pairing, far from perfect but overall all I think they put in a acceptable performance.
Thought the new left back looked promising, Brown at right back less so, but wether he deserves to be the new whipping boy I dont know.
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 18:41 - Aug 12 with 2230 viewsflyerdale

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:57 - Aug 12 by NogintheNog

Never ever thought I`d say this but today I thought Canavan&McNulty did a resonable impression of a centre back pairing, far from perfect but overall all I think they put in a acceptable performance.
Thought the new left back looked promising, Brown at right back less so, but wether he deserves to be the new whipping boy I dont know.

The defence needs sorting out fast or we are going to be on the end of a right tonking. Scunthorpe were allowed to walk right through us at times. Nerve wracking stuff
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 18:53 - Aug 12 with 2165 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:31 - Aug 12 by D_Alien

You've whooshed quite a few with that one nb!

Fair point in the end, poor game, poor tactics and no need for me to repeat the obvious shortcomings, although I was more concerned about our thoroughly outfought midfield. We'll surely get better?

MoM: Lillis, who looked as solid and proactive as I've seen him. Saved our bacon a couple of times too

[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 17:35]

That was easier than expected even for on here,can't comment on the game as I wasn't there but the usual suspects with the same over reaction is boringly predictable already.....
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 19:02 - Aug 12 with 2111 views442Dale

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/rochdale/10985920/roc

Reactions defensively for their goal could be looked at, and that on an afternoon when all but Brown did alright.

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 19:29 - Aug 12 with 2004 viewsdalefan

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:05 - Aug 12 by Dale23years

Happy (ish) with point,poor performance playing people out there of position really is concerning in my opinion. Davies needs to start every game. Need a Dawson like midfielder to help bk 4, also keep them 3 conference players away from the team

Are you back on here again, didn't bury have a game today. Oh no they don't play until tomorrow. Go away you mong
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 19:30 - Aug 12 with 1992 viewssoulboy

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 16:31 - Aug 12 by Dale23years

Play your best players in best positions raff should be rightback,if you want a holding midfielder then go out and get one. Keep brown out off squad.

I agree, both Raff in particular and Cannon are far better right backs than Brown who is frequently out of position (Matt Done had to back track several times in the second half as Brown was nowhere near). In addition, his long ball distribution is very poor. Squad player at best.
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 19:39 - Aug 12 with 1953 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 19:29 - Aug 12 by dalefan

Are you back on here again, didn't bury have a game today. Oh no they don't play until tomorrow. Go away you mong

So which part what he said is incorrect then,you fcuking keyboard warrior gob shite

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 19:39 - Aug 12 with 1949 viewsDaleFan7

I think some people are giving Scunthorpe far too much credit. They looked bang average today imo.
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 19:47 - Aug 12 with 1908 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 19:39 - Aug 12 by DaleFan7

I think some people are giving Scunthorpe far too much credit. They looked bang average today imo.

Like most teams in L1 they have a handful of talented players but are there to be beaten by a well-organised outfit playing with confidence

That wasn't us today

In the Pearl Street there were many new faces, including mums & dads with kids no doubt taking advantage of the ST offer to watch Dale for the first time in a while. I'm not sure they'll have left the ground thinking they can't wait for the next home fixture

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 19:53 - Aug 12 with 1868 viewsNewbury_Dale

Thought it was a pretty boring game, played by two average sides. The starting line up was all wrong. No balance at all. Brown was on his own completely on the right hand side when we were trying to attack. Not sure Brown is good enough anyway. Why not play Rafferty in his correct position. Disappointed today with both players and management.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024