Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Scunthorpe H 14:07 - Aug 12 with 13897 views442Dale

Team: Lillis, Brown, Ntlhe, McNulty, Canavan, Rafferty, Camps, Allen, Rathbone, Done, Henderson

Subs: Collis, Cannon, Kitching, Inman, Williams, Andrew, Davies
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 14:09]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 19:55 - Aug 12 with 3604 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 19:39 - Aug 12 by DaleFan7

I think some people are giving Scunthorpe far too much credit. They looked bang average today imo.

Their number 6 wasn't bang average - he totally bossed the midfield and I was very impressed. Praise for Gilks also who pulled of a result changing save from Davies at 1-0.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 20:09 - Aug 12 with 3546 viewsDaleFan7

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 19:55 - Aug 12 by dingdangblue

Their number 6 wasn't bang average - he totally bossed the midfield and I was very impressed. Praise for Gilks also who pulled of a result changing save from Davies at 1-0.

He was by someway the MoM and was one of the main reasons our midfield was never in the game. Other than that, wasn't impressed.
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 22:22 - Aug 12 with 3298 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 18:53 - Aug 12 by nordenblue

That was easier than expected even for on here,can't comment on the game as I wasn't there but the usual suspects with the same over reaction is boringly predictable already.....

Dick

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 22:46 - Aug 12 with 3227 viewsDaley_Lama

Good point against a very good team.

Josh Lillis did well to keep us at nil at HT.

Their left back (3) was ace as was 6. Bishop a whiner as always.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 00:50 - Aug 13 with 3086 viewsShun

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 20:09 - Aug 12 by DaleFan7

He was by someway the MoM and was one of the main reasons our midfield was never in the game. Other than that, wasn't impressed.

Scunthorpe were a good side. There was a period after they scored when they were running through us at will and it just seemed like a matter of time before they scored again.
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 00:58 - Aug 13 with 3085 viewsBazzanne

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:52 - Aug 12 by Molly

Yes I agree with you , but then you do tend to spout quite a lot of it.

I have watched and supported Dale since 1948. I think I am entitled to voice my opinion on what I see, and yesterday's performance was nowhere near good enough. That's why I called it utter rubbish, poor defence and weak attack, Raff playing out of position to allow a very poor player to take right back didn't help. I didn't think any player looked good apart from Lillis. A long hard season follows, I will still be watching but not convinced we will be more than mid table off performances so far
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 07:37 - Aug 13 with 2937 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 00:58 - Aug 13 by Bazzanne

I have watched and supported Dale since 1948. I think I am entitled to voice my opinion on what I see, and yesterday's performance was nowhere near good enough. That's why I called it utter rubbish, poor defence and weak attack, Raff playing out of position to allow a very poor player to take right back didn't help. I didn't think any player looked good apart from Lillis. A long hard season follows, I will still be watching but not convinced we will be more than mid table off performances so far

In the Dale v Pompey thread, 5 Aug at 17.50 you posted "Watched tonight for the first time in three years" via iFollow

So you might've started watching in 1948, but your opinion is clearly tainted by having missed huge chunks of some scintillating stuff - the best we've ever been in our history. In that context, your "entitled" opinion is pretty worthless to most of us, who've also followed (not iFollowed) Dale for a very long time. Having witnessed some brilliant times in the past decade, and whilst remaining clear-eyed about some aspects of our current squad, we're prepared to cut KH some slack and expect things to pick up. He's never failed us yet, and we'd be disappointed but still fine if we weren't as good as last season. It happens, but it's still L1

So there we have it. Your post-match rants are disrespectful of what's been acheived, and based on not actually watching the Dale, so your opinion is pretty worthless no matter when you first started watching

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 08:33 - Aug 13 with 2854 viewsdingdangblue

Just like the first 7 games last season then?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 08:53 - Aug 13 with 2811 viewsBazzanne

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 07:37 - Aug 13 by D_Alien

In the Dale v Pompey thread, 5 Aug at 17.50 you posted "Watched tonight for the first time in three years" via iFollow

So you might've started watching in 1948, but your opinion is clearly tainted by having missed huge chunks of some scintillating stuff - the best we've ever been in our history. In that context, your "entitled" opinion is pretty worthless to most of us, who've also followed (not iFollowed) Dale for a very long time. Having witnessed some brilliant times in the past decade, and whilst remaining clear-eyed about some aspects of our current squad, we're prepared to cut KH some slack and expect things to pick up. He's never failed us yet, and we'd be disappointed but still fine if we weren't as good as last season. It happens, but it's still L1

So there we have it. Your post-match rants are disrespectful of what's been acheived, and based on not actually watching the Dale, so your opinion is pretty worthless no matter when you first started watching

Well D Alien, not had a chance to see live in the last three years, but listened each match sometimes till 3am and now on iFollow I can see live. Before that I made 26 trips back to UK for mostly 3 month periods and watched Dale home and away. I have seen first hand the good, the bad and the ugly, never wavering in my love and support for Dale. Never have I criticised Keith Hill who is the best manager we have had. Neither you nor anyone else has the right to say I don't have an opinion. So stuff you and anyone with the same thought. I have paid my dues over many years, if you don't like tough.
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 09:01 - Aug 13 with 2786 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 08:53 - Aug 13 by Bazzanne

Well D Alien, not had a chance to see live in the last three years, but listened each match sometimes till 3am and now on iFollow I can see live. Before that I made 26 trips back to UK for mostly 3 month periods and watched Dale home and away. I have seen first hand the good, the bad and the ugly, never wavering in my love and support for Dale. Never have I criticised Keith Hill who is the best manager we have had. Neither you nor anyone else has the right to say I don't have an opinion. So stuff you and anyone with the same thought. I have paid my dues over many years, if you don't like tough.

I didn't say you couldn't have an opinion, just that we can safely ignore it, based entirely on what you've posted yourself

#you'restuffed

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 09:06 - Aug 13 with 2766 views442Dale

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 08:53 - Aug 13 by Bazzanne

It's never a case of how long someone has supported mattering, but an appreciation of how big a particular issue is. We are one centre half short of having a very good squad and need the manager to identify who would be better suited in various roles quickly. Going forward we have plenty of options and it's also for Hill to find a system to maximise that too.

Even with all that taken into account, yesterday was a decent point because we didn't play well, something anyone could see.

No reason not to have an opinion, but it'll be challenged if others disagree.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 09:29 - Aug 13 with 2697 viewsboromat

Good point gained we would have lost that last season but in the final minutes we had them under pressure.

I've not heard any post match interviews but I'm guessing Allen wasn't 100% as he wasn't playing to his usual standards in the first half but saying that after taking him off and putting Rathbone there our midfield became none existent scunny could cut through it at will.

Another thing I noticed yesterday is the defence held a very deep line when we didn't have the ball which might be more comfortable for the defenders as we are packing in place but it meant the midfield and attack were having to do a lot more running. When the ball turned over to scunny our players were ran ragged! Just my observation anyone else notice that or am I imagining things?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 09:40 - Aug 13 with 2673 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 09:29 - Aug 13 by boromat

Good point gained we would have lost that last season but in the final minutes we had them under pressure.

I've not heard any post match interviews but I'm guessing Allen wasn't 100% as he wasn't playing to his usual standards in the first half but saying that after taking him off and putting Rathbone there our midfield became none existent scunny could cut through it at will.

Another thing I noticed yesterday is the defence held a very deep line when we didn't have the ball which might be more comfortable for the defenders as we are packing in place but it meant the midfield and attack were having to do a lot more running. When the ball turned over to scunny our players were ran ragged! Just my observation anyone else notice that or am I imagining things?

No, that's pretty astute

Due to injuries and other reasons for omission (Bunney, McGahey, Keane) we've had to field an unbalanced side to try and shore up the defence, resulting in pretty much what you describe. I wouldn't say KH found the best way to do that yesterday, but at least we battled through for a point against a good side

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 09:45 - Aug 13 with 2649 viewsNigeriamark

From what I have seen in the first 2 games ( accepting one was influenced by having 10 men) if we play the season with Brown, McNulty and Canavan regularly in the first 11, we will not finish in the top 6. We may win a lot of headers, but when the ball is on the ground and at their feet there are going to be a lot of errors. However with Bunney, Raf, Ntlhe as full backs I think we are OK at full back if they are played there. Early days and clearly overall a good squad, but CH is such a key position where you need leadership as well as playing ability. Not seen either yet
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 09:56 - Aug 13 with 2610 viewsTVOS1907

What's the relevance of having watched Dale since 1948?

And if that's the case, you will have watched a lot more 'rubbish' in those years compared to yesterday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 10:05 - Aug 13 with 2578 viewsmacro

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 09:56 - Aug 13 by TVOS1907

What's the relevance of having watched Dale since 1948?

And if that's the case, you will have watched a lot more 'rubbish' in those years compared to yesterday.

Bazzane is one of a few who seemingly only come on to criticise. Yes there are others but it's just so predictable. Don't win - complain etc

Yesterday's performance was disjointed but really both sides cancelled each other out. I began watching Dale in the Barrow era and some of those performances really were rubbish!
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 11:05 - Aug 13 with 2454 viewsaleanddale

Nowhere near our best. Let's trust hilly this start mirrors last season and that turned out more than ok.

Davies superb when he came on but scunny no 6 was MOM by a country mile he ran the show!

Great save by gilks just after we scored but we could have been 0-2 down at HT had it not been for josh lillis.

Brown looks way off. Needs to do much better. Think Raff needs to start at right back next week and that can give us some wriggle room in the middle and up front.

Take the point and move on. Scunthorpe will be there or thereabouts looked a good side to me.
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 12:34 - Aug 13 with 2303 viewsmikehunt

Just a word on Brown: at least he showed for the ball and didn't try to hide. Manages to bring the ball upfield and made a few good crosses. Admittedly, his first touch and short passes let him down but, if he gets this right, I think he will make a decent player for us.
Could go either way though.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 15:01 - Aug 13 with 2148 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 12:34 - Aug 13 by mikehunt

Just a word on Brown: at least he showed for the ball and didn't try to hide. Manages to bring the ball upfield and made a few good crosses. Admittedly, his first touch and short passes let him down but, if he gets this right, I think he will make a decent player for us.
Could go either way though.

Can't agree with you about Brown. I felt he was constantly caught out of position and, when he did get the ball, seemed to take too long to control it, meaning a backwards pass was his only option. I think I remember one decent cross he put in all game.

His inability to control the ball not only resulted in a decent attacking move breaking down, it allowed Scunthorpe to break and from that spell of pressure, they scored. Kgosi was much better going forward on the other flank.

I was pretty disappointed with Brown's performance all told.

Best player on the park yesterday was Scunthorpe's Ojo.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 16:58 - Aug 13 with 1977 viewsShun

The centre back pairing of Canavan and McNulty again rubbishes Hill's idea that we need a right-footed and left-footed pair. I'd now like to see McGahey and Keane given a try.
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:03 - Aug 13 with 1954 viewsrich_dale

Brown was shocking, amazed he stayed on the pitch all game. He was constantly out of position and seemed to be unsure whether he was a full back, centre half or midfielder such was his wandering. Rafferty being on the pitch but playing in midfield made it all the more baffling. No brainer HT substitution would have been Davies on for Brown and switching Raff to RB. Frustrating to watch and hard to understand. In the last 30 mins we barely threatened partly due to the likes of Done and Andrew having to cover the right flank.
Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:27 - Aug 13 with 1899 viewsBartRowou

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 16:58 - Aug 13 by Shun

The centre back pairing of Canavan and McNulty again rubbishes Hill's idea that we need a right-footed and left-footed pair. I'd now like to see McGahey and Keane given a try.

Did we establish why Keane wasn't playing? Thought he only had a one-match ban?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:59 - Aug 13 with 1843 viewsLaveritty

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:27 - Aug 13 by BartRowou

Did we establish why Keane wasn't playing? Thought he only had a one-match ban?

I thought it was only a one match ban as well - can anybody confirm? If so we can probably add Keane's absence to that of McGahey in the 'mysterious' category!

That said I thought Canavan had a solid game and won pretty much every header and McNulty didn't give us too many heart stopping moments! Was impressed with Nthle's all round game and Lillis' alertness and saves to keep us at 0-0 in the first half.

Other than that I thought we never really got going and was relieved to get a point after they had us on the rack for a while after they scored. Early days though and can't say I am too worried just yet!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 19:36 - Aug 13 with 1719 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 17:59 - Aug 13 by Laveritty

I thought it was only a one match ban as well - can anybody confirm? If so we can probably add Keane's absence to that of McGahey in the 'mysterious' category!

That said I thought Canavan had a solid game and won pretty much every header and McNulty didn't give us too many heart stopping moments! Was impressed with Nthle's all round game and Lillis' alertness and saves to keep us at 0-0 in the first half.

Other than that I thought we never really got going and was relieved to get a point after they had us on the rack for a while after they scored. Early days though and can't say I am too worried just yet!

Yes, it was a one-match ban.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Scunthorpe H on 05:18 - Aug 14 with 1540 viewsBazzanne

Be careful Fitzo, shun and richdale, small citicisms granted but the Mardi princesses in the critic police will be watching you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024