Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Allen signs for Burton 23:47 - Aug 31 with 19516 viewsoddjob007

[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 23:47]
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 23:50 - Aug 31 with 9884 viewsSuddenLad

The famous 'undisclosed' fee rears its'head again. Only at Dale.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 23:50 - Aug 31 with 9877 viewsFrog

That seems like a crap move to me
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 23:50 - Aug 31 with 9880 viewsDaleFan7

Good move for him.

Terrible move for Dale unless it's for a lot of money.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 23:51 - Aug 31 with 9854 viewsoddjob007

Sure he's out of contract at the end of season and was refusing to sign a new one...
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 23:53 - Aug 31 with 9805 viewsShun

Thought we'd got through this window relatively unscathed!

All the best, Jamie. When he burst on to the scene as a 17(?) year old in our promotion season it seemed like he had the whole world at his feet. While he's been a very good player in League One since then, I think it's fair to say he hasn't progressed as much as we all thought he could or should have done. Still, a shame to lose a player of his talent, and a homegrown one at that, but I'm secretly glad it was him rather than Camps.

And for a positive spin, it further highlights the brilliance of our academy. The most productive in England, was it?
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 23:53 - Aug 31 with 9804 viewsSaxonDale

Ffs.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 23:53 - Aug 31 with 9790 views442Dale

The undisclosed fee pops up in loads of deals now. It's a good deal for all concerned of we've got anything like 500k.

Allen, while still a very good player, had seen his performances level off and if he wasn't going to move soon then the chance to cash in on a player we have developed from a young age may have been missed. It's what we do as a football club.

Of course, there may be other moves yet we don't know about!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 23:54 - Aug 31 with 9773 viewsSuddenLad

It's a good move for Jamie. He will have left with a heavy heart, He's been here since childhood.

I wish him all the best....... him and Matt Lund

Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 23:54 - Aug 31 with 9763 viewsRAFCBLUE

Sad to see but:

1) Congratulations Jamie and thanks for 15 years of great service since the age of 8.
2) Congratulations Burton - you've signed a great player in a three year deal
3) The price must be steep and with add-ons so we will have done a financially good deal here.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 23:55 - Aug 31 with 9757 viewsCanaDale

While he has been a good player for the Dale, I'm not sure he's come on as much as was expected, I don't even think he is a first teamer in this side, when everyone is fit. Id rather he left than someone like Camps.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 23:57 - Aug 31 with 9707 viewsTVOS1907

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 23:50 - Aug 31 by SuddenLad

The famous 'undisclosed' fee rears its'head again. Only at Dale.

Tbf, almost every deal these days in undisclosed. Just look at the BBC Deadline Day feed tonight.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 23:58 - Aug 31 with 9679 viewsburton_dale

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 23:50 - Aug 31 by DaleFan7

Good move for him.

Terrible move for Dale unless it's for a lot of money.

Given they got a reported 2 mil plus add ons for Jackson Irvine earlier in the day I would hope they have reinvested a good chunk on Allen. It may also be why it took until the last minute, on hold until they had secured the funds from Irvine to meet our valuation.

I am sure we will have our usual add ons, maybe a sum if they stay in the Championship as well as appearance add ons, and then the obligatory sell on.

At 22 with 151 senior appearances already, if he makes the step up there is no reason we couldn't see him making a bigger move in a season or 2.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 23:59 - Aug 31 with 9652 viewsMattbdale

What a crock of shit

Not happy

All the best Jamie

Up the Dale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 00:00 - Sep 1 with 9629 viewsdingdangblue

Hopefully the move does him the world of good. His progress seemed to have come to a halt for whatever reason with both Rathbone and Camps now ahead of him (in my opinion) as our more influential midfielder's. Thanks for the memories Jamie.

#oneofourown

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 00:03 - Sep 1 with 9564 viewsDaleFan7

Contrary to popular opinion I think he's a better player than Camps, Camps has flashes but Jamie is more consistent and despite his size is more likely to go in for a tackle and works harder.

Not good news this IMO :(.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 00:04 - Sep 1 with 9561 viewsDaley_Lama

Goaaarn Jamie.

Long gone are the days that i got miffed about our players being nicked by League 1 clubs.

Hope he is as successful as can be, cracking player.

Poll: DF in or out

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 00:04 - Sep 1 with 9559 viewsRoChDaLe

Don't know whether its down to bad management from Hilly's side or lack of progression (or even regression?) on Allen's side but for at least a year now i've not seen him control a game like he used to. I'll always remember the game against Blackburn in a friendly....most people would of thought he was Paul Scholes... completely bossed the game. Like everyone has said on here... sort of sad but also glad it's not Camps.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 0:05]

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 00:05 - Sep 1 with 9535 viewsburton_dale

Burton Albion fans on twitter don't seem happy, claiming to not know who he is and asking why they haven't signed someone with championship experience.

Doesn't take long to become completely deluded does it!
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 00:11 - Sep 1 with 9448 viewsdingdangblue

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 00:03 - Sep 1 by DaleFan7

Contrary to popular opinion I think he's a better player than Camps, Camps has flashes but Jamie is more consistent and despite his size is more likely to go in for a tackle and works harder.

Not good news this IMO :(.

In his position - the goals Camps has scored for us and will continue to score - will mean that he'll always be valued above Jamie. A midfielder who can score 8 - 10 goals a season is a very valuable asset.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 00:15 - Sep 1 with 9395 viewsdingdangblue

The BBC on the ball as ever............

DONE DEALS
Still the Football League deals filter through.

Burton Albion have signed midfielder Jamie Allen from Oldham, while Hull loan Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea.

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 00:19 - Sep 1 with 9358 viewsShun

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 00:04 - Sep 1 by RoChDaLe

Don't know whether its down to bad management from Hilly's side or lack of progression (or even regression?) on Allen's side but for at least a year now i've not seen him control a game like he used to. I'll always remember the game against Blackburn in a friendly....most people would of thought he was Paul Scholes... completely bossed the game. Like everyone has said on here... sort of sad but also glad it's not Camps.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 0:05]

He was brilliant at Scunthorpe last season, the best player on the pitch despite our late undeserved loss there. He was very Scholes-esque that night. I agree though, that performance made me feel more nostalgic for the Jamie that burst on to the scene originally and would completely control games rather than the one we've seen lately.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 00:21 - Sep 1 with 9338 viewsSuddenLad

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 00:15 - Sep 1 by dingdangblue

The BBC on the ball as ever............

DONE DEALS
Still the Football League deals filter through.

Burton Albion have signed midfielder Jamie Allen from Oldham, while Hull loan Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea.

BBC

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 00:27 - Sep 1 with 9290 viewsAtThePeake

Try my best these days to think about the pragmatism that is involved in our transfer dealings and be understanding of why we let certain players go but this one has annoyed me a bit.

Where has the money for Scott Hogan gone? Because that kind of money in reserve should've allowed us to reject any bids for first team players that weren't ridiculously high, which I don't expect Burton Albion's offer was. I understand the Hogan money was set to go on ground improvements but what improvements have their been so far? The new 'sound system' which isn't even available to be used and a lick of paint on a couple of walls are the only differences I have noticed at the ground so far.

Had we sold Allen because we felt the funds brought in could be better re-invested in the first team squad then fair enough - but instead we have brought in two loanees who we will have to say goodbye to come the end of the season if they're any good, although after some of the long-term loans we brought in last season (Odelusi, Redshaw, Taylor) I don't hold out much hope.

All feels a bit... uninspiring.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 0:29]

Tangled up in blue.

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 00:30 - Sep 1 with 9266 viewsDaleFan7

Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 00:27 - Sep 1 by AtThePeake

Try my best these days to think about the pragmatism that is involved in our transfer dealings and be understanding of why we let certain players go but this one has annoyed me a bit.

Where has the money for Scott Hogan gone? Because that kind of money in reserve should've allowed us to reject any bids for first team players that weren't ridiculously high, which I don't expect Burton Albion's offer was. I understand the Hogan money was set to go on ground improvements but what improvements have their been so far? The new 'sound system' which isn't even available to be used and a lick of paint on a couple of walls are the only differences I have noticed at the ground so far.

Had we sold Allen because we felt the funds brought in could be better re-invested in the first team squad then fair enough - but instead we have brought in two loanees who we will have to say goodbye to come the end of the season if they're any good, although after some of the long-term loans we brought in last season (Odelusi, Redshaw, Taylor) I don't hold out much hope.

All feels a bit... uninspiring.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 0:29]

There's an air of 'something not quite right' about the club at the moment. I do hope it goes away, quickly.
Jamie Allen signs for Burton on 00:37 - Sep 1 with 9209 viewsD_Alien

Good business by Dale, and it'll be interesting to see if the move allows him to progress. He'd reached a bit of a plateau and much will depend on being utilised in a role that best suits him, which is...

And that's the trouble. Does even he know?

Good luck though

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024