Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! 12:13 - Feb 10 with 26757 viewsClivert

https://t.co/UlGFj2XKt5
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:17 - Feb 10 with 11380 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I knew I smelt a rat in Hugo Lloris goalmouth!........this was always the plan.
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:19 - Feb 10 with 11331 viewshxdale

Do we have a match on Tuesday eve?
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:19 - Feb 10 with 11320 viewsNathaniel82

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:19 - Feb 10 by hxdale

Away at Bristol Rovers I think
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:19 - Feb 10 with 11310 viewskaisaville

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:19 - Feb 10 by hxdale

Away at Bristol Rovers.
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:22 - Feb 10 with 11260 viewsDaley_Lama

The only decision that could be made.

I may have been slightly sarcastic on the other thread, but very simply the re-laid pitch this time last year was not exactly brilliant.

From the first match played on it you could see turf lines and the pitch visibly moved in places and dug up troughs.

It quickly deteriorated and was abysmal by the end of the season.

I hope the lessons learnt from this activity 12 months are long and thorough, whether that means different contractors, different approach, different turf, different additional measures.

It's necessary to allow RAFC to play what should be an amazing match against Tottenham at Spotland, the magic of the FA Cup.

It has to be got right this time however, a repeat of 12 months ago would be awful.

Poll: DF in or out

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:23 - Feb 10 with 11236 viewsBlueDales

By the sound of it, the club have done very little to get the Fleetwood game on. Why did this work not start on Wednesday, given that they could surely have seen that rain would call off today's match?
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:25 - Feb 10 with 11188 viewsKenBoon

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:22 - Feb 10 by Daley_Lama

I may have been slightly sarcastic on the other thread, but very simply the re-laid pitch this time last year was not exactly brilliant.

From the first match played on it you could see turf lines and the pitch visibly moved in places and dug up troughs.

I hope the lessons learnt from this activity 12 months are long and thorough, whether that means different contractors, different approach, different turf, different additional measures.

It's necessary to allow RAFC to play what should be an amazing match against Tottenham at Spotland, the magic of the FA Cup.

It has to be got right this time however, a repeat of 12 months ago would be awful.

The relaid pitch last season was more dangerous than the pitch on Tuesday night.
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:27 - Feb 10 with 11167 viewsDaley_Lama

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:25 - Feb 10 by KenBoon

The relaid pitch last season was more dangerous than the pitch on Tuesday night.

100% agree.

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:27 - Feb 10 with 11163 viewsfitzochris

Phil Thomson and Jeff Stelling think it’s a “shocking decision”.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:27 - Feb 10 with 11162 views49thseason

So do we glean from that statement that the match today was deliberately exposed to the elements and cause a postponement to enable an earlier start on the new pitch? Is it in any way credible that the 5 hours or so that have been gained is the difference between a playable surface for the Tottenham game and an unplayable one? surely the process of building a new pitch would have been made easier by retaining the dome, playing the game and having a much drier surface to strip off? I sense another cock-up being passed off as good news.
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:28 - Feb 10 with 11147 viewsNathaniel82

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:23 - Feb 10 by BlueDales

By the sound of it, the club have done very little to get the Fleetwood game on. Why did this work not start on Wednesday, given that they could surely have seen that rain would call off today's match?

WOuld there be a risk of being reprimanded by the FA for intentionally postponing a game? If so, putting the info out like they have absolves them of responsibility and therefore lessens the likelihood of a rollicking.

‘IF’ the club have gone via this route, with no intention of playing it, and making out like they were intending to play today’s game, it’s the only way they could have.
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:29 - Feb 10 with 11133 viewsfitzochris

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:27 - Feb 10 by 49thseason

So do we glean from that statement that the match today was deliberately exposed to the elements and cause a postponement to enable an earlier start on the new pitch? Is it in any way credible that the 5 hours or so that have been gained is the difference between a playable surface for the Tottenham game and an unplayable one? surely the process of building a new pitch would have been made easier by retaining the dome, playing the game and having a much drier surface to strip off? I sense another cock-up being passed off as good news.

If you reread the club statement, that assumption could be taken from it.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:29 - Feb 10 with 11129 viewspaulscho

Looking at the weather for the last 6 hours,don't think this game was ever going to be on.
Just never has stopped,or looking like stopping ?
Noticed other games off and more to follow

livinginadalewonderland

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:31 - Feb 10 with 11078 viewsSuddenLad

There were people working on the pitch yesterday lunchtime. Regardless of the postponement, I'm sure the staff were trying to ensure the game went ahead.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:31 - Feb 10 with 11069 viewsDevonDale

That's is still the biggest single risk from relaying the pitch now - that we end up with a more dangerous surface than we already have. One week (a week whose weather forecast is far from great) in the middle of February is far from ideal in laying and preparation of a good playing surface. And laying new turf is only glossing over the more fundamental drainage issue we clearly have under the surface.
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:32 - Feb 10 with 11063 viewsMoonyDale

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:29 - Feb 10 by fitzochris

If you reread the club statement, that assumption could be taken from it.

Said as much on an earlier thread...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:32 - Feb 10 with 11064 viewsTTNYear

That's my worry, but also are we forfeiting a total overhaul of pitch and drainage for a quick fix now?

The club hopefully have looked forward this far, or it will be the same this time next year. Someone (director/groundsman/Percy thrower) needs to step up a take a bloody grip of an issue that needs urgent attention.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:32 - Feb 10 with 11043 views442Dale

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:22 - Feb 10 by Daley_Lama

It really wasn’t great for the first game but hopefully the extra support we will receive this week will avoid that.

While it wasn’t great, it didn’t deteriorate that much and was far from abysmal by the end of the season. It would have been forgotten about if we’d replaced it last summer.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:32 - Feb 10 with 11052 viewsDaley_Lama

I don't glean anything of the sort myself.

They have prepared and planned for relaying the pitch after the Fleetwood game and whether that game was on or not is irrelevant.

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:33 - Feb 10 with 11024 viewsLuke8686

How would they have known on Wednesday that rain would definitely fall on the Saturday?

Weather forecasts more than 2 days in advance are not always that accurate so the club did the right thing in not taking the risk of relaying the pitch earlier on in the week in case the pitch was playable for the Fleetwood game.
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:34 - Feb 10 with 10975 views442Dale

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:31 - Feb 10 by DevonDale

That's is still the biggest single risk from relaying the pitch now - that we end up with a more dangerous surface than we already have. One week (a week whose weather forecast is far from great) in the middle of February is far from ideal in laying and preparation of a good playing surface. And laying new turf is only glossing over the more fundamental drainage issue we clearly have under the surface.

We relaid the pitch in a week this time last year with less in the way of support. Hopefully that extra support will get us a better surface to last until May.

Other clubs do it, we can now do it with that assurance the FA provide that assistance in resource.

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:37 - Feb 10 with 10945 viewsDevonDale

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:34 - Feb 10 by 442Dale

We relaid the pitch in a week this time last year with less in the way of support. Hopefully that extra support will get us a better surface to last until May.

Other clubs do it, we can now do it with that assurance the FA provide that assistance in resource.

But we're not tackling the fundamental problem, which us the lack of drainage...
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:39 - Feb 10 with 10894 viewsMoonyDale

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:37 - Feb 10 by DevonDale

But we're not tackling the fundamental problem, which us the lack of drainage...

I assume this is just a temporary fix, if not we will be in exactly the same position this time next year.....Pitch wise that is.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:40 - Feb 10 with 10862 views442Dale

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:37 - Feb 10 by DevonDale

Who has said the drains are knackered? The newly laid pitch drained fine last season.

And if they need sorting they can be looked at in the summer as part of the planned work.

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:41 - Feb 10 with 10857 viewselectricblue

Isnt there snow forecast on sunday aswell !

Question..
Who is paying for the pitch to be relaid and at what cost !

The way i see it the dome should have been immediately reinflated immediately after tuesday night match and work on the pitch which would have given the ground staff exactly 11 workable days..
Now they are going to relay the pitch why oh why..
Have the club not learned from the pitch problems from last Feb to today.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024