Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Cannon 17:28 - Mar 21 with 8986 viewshxdale

Was at the match last eve, just wondering if anybody has heard how Andy Cannon is.? KH said on radio Manchester that he thought it was a broken cheekbone. Get well soon Andy.
Andy Cannon on 20:09 - Mar 21 with 7012 viewsboromat

There's a tweet from Andy. Had scans and there isn't anything more serious than the original diagnosis. So it's a broken cheekbone and probably out for the season.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Andy Cannon on 21:37 - Mar 21 with 6876 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Will be a big miss.......can the quacks not patch these injuries up pretty quickly with a mask?

Hilly says it's a chance for someone else to grab the shirt........BUT WHO?
Andy Cannon on 21:43 - Mar 21 with 6866 viewsfitzochris

Andy Cannon on 21:37 - Mar 21 by Yorkshire_Dale

Will be a big miss.......can the quacks not patch these injuries up pretty quickly with a mask?

Why would Andy Cannon be sent to a fraudulent medical practitioner?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Andy Cannon on 21:52 - Mar 21 with 6835 viewsjoecooke

Andy Cannon on 21:43 - Mar 21 by fitzochris

Why would Andy Cannon be sent to a fraudulent medical practitioner?

i am pretty sure you can play with a fractured cheekbone,albeit with the correct mask but obviously we dont know the seriousness of the injury.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Andy Cannon on 21:59 - Mar 21 with 6801 viewsfitzochris

Andy Cannon on 21:52 - Mar 21 by joecooke

i am pretty sure you can play with a fractured cheekbone,albeit with the correct mask but obviously we dont know the seriousness of the injury.

I was meaning the reference to a quack.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Andy Cannon on 22:14 - Mar 21 with 6732 viewsTVOS1907

Andy Cannon on 21:37 - Mar 21 by Yorkshire_Dale

Did you think the incident was just an accidental collision, YD?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Andy Cannon on 11:00 - Mar 23 with 6276 viewsDaleiLama

Andy Cannon on 22:14 - Mar 21 by TVOS1907

Update - but nothing definitive as yet.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/march/cannon_injuryupdate_23.03.18/

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Andy Cannon on 11:06 - Mar 23 with 6253 viewsdingdangblue

Andy Cannon on 11:00 - Mar 23 by DaleiLama

Update - but nothing definitive as yet.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/march/cannon_injuryupdate_23.03.18/

Rough translation... we are fooked without him.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Andy Cannon on 15:32 - Mar 23 with 6027 viewsNigeriamark

Andy Cannon on 21:52 - Mar 21 by joecooke

If it is 95% healed, or it is a hairline crack then you can play with a mask. If more serious i.e the bone is displaced or properly fractured then it's probably an op and at least a few months
Andy Cannon on 16:45 - Mar 23 with 5944 viewsShun

Andy Cannon on 11:06 - Mar 23 by dingdangblue

Rough translation... we are fooked without him.

The only midfield players who possess roughly the same energy than Cannon are Rathbone and Dobre. Rathbone’s having an anonymous season and Hill most probably won’t start Dobre, especially not at places like Scunthorpe, so I hope this injury doesn’t see us becoming even more languid.

I’d start with a midfield three of Kitching, Camps and Dobre.

Edit: That’s after Saturday of course due to Dobre’s unavailability!
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 16:48]
Andy Cannon on 17:06 - Mar 23 with 5895 viewsDaleiLama

Andy Cannon on 16:45 - Mar 23 by Shun

The only midfield players who possess roughly the same energy than Cannon are Rathbone and Dobre. Rathbone’s having an anonymous season and Hill most probably won’t start Dobre, especially not at places like Scunthorpe, so I hope this injury doesn’t see us becoming even more languid.

I’d start with a midfield three of Kitching, Camps and Dobre.

Edit: That’s after Saturday of course due to Dobre’s unavailability!
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 16:48]

Our lack of authority and control in midfield seemed to be the catalyst that spawned hoofball. It's only been since AC came back into the 1st team that we seemed to regain some composure there. He'll be a big loss, and without a quality alternative midfield trio, we're doomed. Too many times recently, Hendo's been coming back looking for the ball. Or we've lumped it forward and lost possession. I hope Hilly finds the right combination. He hasn't got time to experiment anymore either - he has to get it right first time.

Andy Cannon on 18:20 - Mar 23 with 5797 views442Dale

Another problem is how bloody awful Camps has been the last couple of games. Stick Rathbone in, he’s got something to prove.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Andy Cannon on 18:57 - Mar 23 with 5739 viewsNigeriamark

Andy Cannon on 22:14 - Mar 21 by TVOS1907

When i first saw it i thought deliberate. You can't prove it but it looked naughty to me even looking again
Andy Cannon on 19:26 - Mar 23 with 5705 viewsdingdangblue

Andy Cannon on 18:57 - Mar 23 by Nigeriamark

When i first saw it i thought deliberate. You can't prove it but it looked naughty to me even looking again

There's free highlights on ifollow if you've registered. The Fleetwood player catches Cannon with his head - you can see him rubbing the top of his head afterwards. It looks accidental.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Andy Cannon on 22:15 - Mar 23 with 5589 viewsTVOS1907

Andy Cannon on 19:26 - Mar 23 by dingdangblue

There's free highlights on ifollow if you've registered. The Fleetwood player catches Cannon with his head - you can see him rubbing the top of his head afterwards. It looks accidental.

I'd agree with that. I was just interested in what others who saw the game thought.

Andy Cannon on 11:18 - Mar 29 with 5068 viewsjoecooke

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/march/cannoninjuryupdate_290318/

Operation needed unfortunately,must have been quite serious.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Andy Cannon on 11:29 - Mar 29 with 5036 viewsDaleiLama

Andy Cannon on 11:18 - Mar 29 by joecooke

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/march/cannoninjuryupdate_290318/

Operation needed unfortunately,must have been quite serious.

That comes under the heading "a blow"

Andy Cannon on 12:27 - Mar 29 with 4931 viewsShun

Huge blow. What a shame, for us and for Cannon.

In his absence I'd genuinely consider giving Adshead more games. If he's mature enough to play an FA Cup 5th round match against Spurs at Wembley then I'm sure he can handle a relegation fight. He hasn't looked out of place in any of the cup games he's played this season. Plus, the alternatives of Inman or a seriously out of form Rathbone don't excite me too much.
Andy Cannon on 12:29 - Mar 29 with 4927 viewsTVOS1907

Andy Cannon on 12:27 - Mar 29 by Shun

Huge blow. What a shame, for us and for Cannon.

In his absence I'd genuinely consider giving Adshead more games. If he's mature enough to play an FA Cup 5th round match against Spurs at Wembley then I'm sure he can handle a relegation fight. He hasn't looked out of place in any of the cup games he's played this season. Plus, the alternatives of Inman or a seriously out of form Rathbone don't excite me too much.

I'm not so sure, Shun.

I think we need more experience and players who can get stuck in and play with the same energy as Cannon.

I know we've only seen him fleetingly, but Knott's previous career suggests he might be that man.

Andy Cannon on 12:39 - Mar 29 with 4896 views100notout

Andy Cannon on 12:29 - Mar 29 by TVOS1907

I'm not so sure, Shun.

I think we need more experience and players who can get stuck in and play with the same energy as Cannon.

I know we've only seen him fleetingly, but Knott's previous career suggests he might be that man.

Knott was shocking against Fleetwood - as were a lot of the players to be fair but he stood out for all the wrong reasons.

Ollie in for me

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Andy Cannon on 12:47 - Mar 29 with 4881 viewsTVOS1907

Andy Cannon on 12:39 - Mar 29 by 100notout

Knott was shocking against Fleetwood - as were a lot of the players to be fair but he stood out for all the wrong reasons.

Ollie in for me

I wouldn't say he was shocking, but you're right, he didn't actually do anything.

I just think his previous career is what we might need in the run-in, but that's just me speculating rather than anything concrete.

I agree that Rathbone might be Hill's choice, though.

Andy Cannon on 13:09 - Mar 29 with 4838 viewsDaleiLama

Andy Cannon on 12:39 - Mar 29 by 100notout

Ollie in for me

Ollie for me too. He's shown he can do it in the past and deserves this second chance. We're in a relegation scrap and we need a proven scrapper. Knott ran around a lot vs Fleetwood but didn't really affect the game much (not saying he can't - just that he didn't). Adshead may turn out to be the better player in the longer term, but we need a player who will get stuck in now and help grind out some wins before it's too late. It will be interesting to see who Keith puts his faith in.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 13:09]

Andy Cannon on 13:36 - Mar 29 with 4786 viewsD_Alien

I'd still like to see Camps moved further forward from his holding role - we all know he's got a goal in him, given the shooting opportunity and he'll get far more from a more advanced midfield position. Which leaves the holding role - possibly Kitching

Yes, I know Camps' form hasn't been great, but i still attribute that partly to having his natural attacking instincts curbed. Time to set him free, imo

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Andy Cannon on 13:48 - Mar 29 with 4749 viewsnordenblue

Andy Cannon on 13:36 - Mar 29 by D_Alien

I'd still like to see Camps moved further forward from his holding role - we all know he's got a goal in him, given the shooting opportunity and he'll get far more from a more advanced midfield position. Which leaves the holding role - possibly Kitching

Yes, I know Camps' form hasn't been great, but i still attribute that partly to having his natural attacking instincts curbed. Time to set him free, imo

Put Hendo in midfield(again)....... that should sort our problems out
Andy Cannon on 13:55 - Mar 29 with 4729 viewsForever_and_a_Dale

Andy Cannon on 13:36 - Mar 29 by D_Alien

Keep Camps where he is, he hasn't been great recently, nobody can deny that but he also the one player we have in the midfield who can dictate a game and he does it best from a deeper role. He's often gone missing when he's played further forward
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024