Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Tickets 18:57 - Apr 15 with 4967 viewsDalenet

I understand that the club will be worried about trying to sell season tickets until we know what division we will be in. But surely we won't be looking to sell them at a lower price than the special deal we got this season if we get relegated?

Just noticed at how crap the value is at Owdum. £270 if you buy by next week. Or £360 after next week and over £400 if you wait til late June. And they could be in Div 2

So what should we do. I am happy to pay what we paid last year. I'd even pay £20 more if the club promised to put all of the extra £20 raised into a fund that it promises not to touch until winter and then it uses it in December and January to pay to hire the heated tent to cover the pitch. That would create a £40k fund to use for winter pitch protection to make sure we get the games on and maximise the number of Saturday games we host. If we don't need it then the club promises to roll it over until the following season and cut prices of the season tickets by £20 the following season. What do you think?
Season Tickets on 19:13 - Apr 15 with 4226 viewsRAFCBLUE

I'd love to see the club be brave enough to offer exactly the same deal as this season but with better notice, planning and motivation.

We've something like 2,000 season ticket holders and I think a lot of them will renew if we get both the pricing and the message right.

We've had too many postponements this season and a lot of Tuesday night games as a result but hopefully, that doesn't put people off renewing.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Season Tickets on 21:09 - Apr 15 with 4095 viewsThe_DJ

Season Tickets on 19:13 - Apr 15 by RAFCBLUE

I'd love to see the club be brave enough to offer exactly the same deal as this season but with better notice, planning and motivation.

We've something like 2,000 season ticket holders and I think a lot of them will renew if we get both the pricing and the message right.

We've had too many postponements this season and a lot of Tuesday night games as a result but hopefully, that doesn't put people off renewing.

Don't think they will.
It's all about squeezing every penny our of people now , last year was recompense for the shambles the previous year.
Season Tickets on 21:14 - Apr 15 with 4076 viewsnordenblue

Season Tickets on 21:09 - Apr 15 by The_DJ

Don't think they will.
It's all about squeezing every penny our of people now , last year was recompense for the shambles the previous year.

Last year was the biggest shambles ever
Season Tickets on 21:26 - Apr 15 with 4044 viewsrochdale_ranger

I know I’m probably going to be in a minority again here like I was with the gala dinner (even though I thought the gala dinner was a shite idea just not for the reasons you lot did) but why was a hundred and fifty quid for a season ticket a shambles. Last season we were great I was buzzing when I purchased my season ticket for that price last summer.
Season Tickets on 21:31 - Apr 15 with 4031 viewsnordenblue

Season Tickets on 21:26 - Apr 15 by rochdale_ranger

I know I’m probably going to be in a minority again here like I was with the gala dinner (even though I thought the gala dinner was a shite idea just not for the reasons you lot did) but why was a hundred and fifty quid for a season ticket a shambles. Last season we were great I was buzzing when I purchased my season ticket for that price last summer.

It was done to death at the time on here,for me a great idea fooked up with confusing pricing,with goal posts that kept moving,shite/nil advertising and a ridiculous deposit system when the customer hadn't a clue how much the actual ticket would eventually cost them. That's just for starters off the top of my head
Season Tickets on 21:31 - Apr 15 with 4031 viewsDalenet

You did very well. I recall paying £200 for mine which I still thought was great value - despite the number of Tuesday games we have needed
Season Tickets on 21:39 - Apr 15 with 4004 viewsrochdale_ranger

Season Tickets on 21:31 - Apr 15 by Dalenet

You did very well. I recall paying £200 for mine which I still thought was great value - despite the number of Tuesday games we have needed

I might of paid 200 I can’t remember what it was capped at tbh I’m sure it says 150 on the ticket stub though. Either way they can’t up it surely?
Season Tickets on 17:07 - Apr 16 with 3614 viewsNinco

Season Tickets on 19:13 - Apr 15 by RAFCBLUE

The die hards will always renew, but my concern is that after they sold the cheap season tickets last year, I have seen quite a few of them stop going. The chairman himself said that half way through the season, there were still some in the office that hadn't even been collected.

I think it's all about getting what you pay for, so do we pay the same again and get the same relegation dogfight, and if we do pay a bit more, do we have any assurance that it will be spent on improving the squad? KH said recently that the budget for next season is likely to be the same, so we clearly can't rely on any of the cup money being spent on improving the squad.
Login to get fewer ads

Season Tickets on 17:22 - Apr 16 with 3587 viewsdeeplishblue

I wonder why the club doesn't include a club shop voucher in a deal? For example £225 including a £40 voucher for use in the shop.

The effective price for the supporter for the season ticket would be 185. Whereas the effective value that the club would receive would be £200 assuming the mark up on the merchandise would be 40% or so.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Season Tickets on 17:56 - Apr 16 with 3517 viewsSuddenLad

Season Tickets on 17:07 - Apr 16 by Ninco

The die hards will always renew, but my concern is that after they sold the cheap season tickets last year, I have seen quite a few of them stop going. The chairman himself said that half way through the season, there were still some in the office that hadn't even been collected.

I think it's all about getting what you pay for, so do we pay the same again and get the same relegation dogfight, and if we do pay a bit more, do we have any assurance that it will be spent on improving the squad? KH said recently that the budget for next season is likely to be the same, so we clearly can't rely on any of the cup money being spent on improving the squad.

More precisely, he said the budget would be the same if we were relegated...

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season Tickets on 18:49 - Apr 16 with 3406 viewsisitme

They were priced at £200 (the £150 was added to your original deposit), which in itself was a good price but the offer was too complex and created too much uncertainty and reliance on others. If they had been priced at £200 from the start more season tickets would have been sold.
Season Tickets on 19:06 - Apr 16 with 3353 viewsboromat

I'm not sure what to expect this time just wish they'd announce it already.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them go up but be guaranteed from the start £250 maybe.

Personally I'd like to see something like;

(Adult/OAP/U18/U11)
Main stand £300/£250/£200/£50
Pearl Street £250/£200/£150/£50
Sandy £150/£150/£100/£50
Family Stand £250/£200/£25/Free

Maybe a family ticket in the family stand for £400 that includes 2 adults and up to 3 U18s/U11s.

My only reasoning is that I don't see how this last season is sustainable financially. Obviously don't have all the figures etc. Just doesn't seem to add up unless we made a fortune on the bars and refreshments.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season Tickets on 19:14 - Apr 16 with 3331 viewsNathaniel82

I’ll be renewing, as a first time ST holder this year, (I’ve previously just gone as and when throughout the last however many seasons). Even if it’s £300, I don’t mind. Obviously I’d like it to be cheaper.

The scheme as a whole can’t have been a massive success, if at all. But at least for the fans, it was a bonus.

Also, when I bought my ST, I bought a spot where there was a space either side of me. And at the spurs game, I was gutted when I had people next to me!! I guess I’d gotten used to the space!
Season Tickets on 21:15 - Apr 16 with 3158 viewsrochdaleriddler

I hope they push the zebra finance thing a bit more, a flat fee, zero % interest scheme that allows it to be paid for over 8 months

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season Tickets on 07:38 - Apr 17 with 2937 viewsBarrowdale

4 of us not renewing at any price in any league as despite numerous emails to Russ, the vainglorious manc bell end DJ refuses to turn the volume down. Not having another season of not being able to chat at half time above distorted drivel. Shame really.
Season Tickets on 07:57 - Apr 17 with 2903 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season Tickets on 07:38 - Apr 17 by Barrowdale

4 of us not renewing at any price in any league as despite numerous emails to Russ, the vainglorious manc bell end DJ refuses to turn the volume down. Not having another season of not being able to chat at half time above distorted drivel. Shame really.

Easily avoided, arrive in my seat 1 minute to kick off, leave for bar at half time, leave ground 1 minute after game

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season Tickets on 08:40 - Apr 17 with 2842 viewsKenBoon

Season Tickets on 19:06 - Apr 16 by boromat

I'm not sure what to expect this time just wish they'd announce it already.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them go up but be guaranteed from the start £250 maybe.

Personally I'd like to see something like;

(Adult/OAP/U18/U11)
Main stand £300/£250/£200/£50
Pearl Street £250/£200/£150/£50
Sandy £150/£150/£100/£50
Family Stand £250/£200/£25/Free

Maybe a family ticket in the family stand for £400 that includes 2 adults and up to 3 U18s/U11s.

My only reasoning is that I don't see how this last season is sustainable financially. Obviously don't have all the figures etc. Just doesn't seem to add up unless we made a fortune on the bars and refreshments.

Sandy and Pearl Street should be the same price. It's clear that standing is now primarily a personal choice rather than a money saving exercise. With the money they could afford to redevelop the Sandy into something more suitable to watching Football. Perhaps even railed seating.

I think they got it right last season with season ticket prices the same regardless of stand. Anything more than £250 would be too much considering this season's prices. They also need to address the young adults price (18-21), which was far too high, especially since this isn't the most affluent town and many who fall into this bracket may still be in education or unemployed.
Season Tickets on 08:51 - Apr 17 with 2828 viewsSheffdale

The country season ticket initiative was great for those of us living out of town. I'm about to use my ninth ticket this evening and will fit in one more. Over the season it will have worked out at a tenner a game (+ 2.50 admin fee of course!). Great value and I hope they repeat it.
Season Tickets on 09:18 - Apr 17 with 2799 viewsnordenblue

Season Tickets on 08:40 - Apr 17 by KenBoon

Sandy and Pearl Street should be the same price. It's clear that standing is now primarily a personal choice rather than a money saving exercise. With the money they could afford to redevelop the Sandy into something more suitable to watching Football. Perhaps even railed seating.

I think they got it right last season with season ticket prices the same regardless of stand. Anything more than £250 would be too much considering this season's prices. They also need to address the young adults price (18-21), which was far too high, especially since this isn't the most affluent town and many who fall into this bracket may still be in education or unemployed.

KB with an uncharacteristic insult regarding the Sandy lane, how would it be "more suitable"than it currently is? You stand up and watch the game very similar to every other stand or you make the dare devil decision to maybe sit down instead.
Season Tickets on 10:24 - Apr 17 with 2736 viewsKenBoon

Season Tickets on 09:18 - Apr 17 by nordenblue

KB with an uncharacteristic insult regarding the Sandy lane, how would it be "more suitable"than it currently is? You stand up and watch the game very similar to every other stand or you make the dare devil decision to maybe sit down instead.

Insult? No i'm suggesting it gets a much needed renovation. Anyone who regularly uses it - as I have done - would accept it's outdated and lags behind modern terraces. At the very least it needs to be steeper and a roof without pillars. Railed seating would be a great but not necessary in the short term. So stop trolling (poorly I may add).
Season Tickets on 12:22 - Apr 17 with 2582 viewsPotterDale

Season Tickets on 10:24 - Apr 17 by KenBoon

Insult? No i'm suggesting it gets a much needed renovation. Anyone who regularly uses it - as I have done - would accept it's outdated and lags behind modern terraces. At the very least it needs to be steeper and a roof without pillars. Railed seating would be a great but not necessary in the short term. So stop trolling (poorly I may add).

To be fair to Nordenblue Ken the first thing I said when I read the seating idea (and before I got to your reply my exact words were "how dare you". Yes it may be outdated and in need of renovation, but seating is not an option I would be happy with.
Season Tickets on 12:43 - Apr 17 with 2543 viewsboromat

I've said before It'd be nice to see the Sandy extended all the way back to the pavement and heightened. Obviously keep it as a standing terrace but maybe make it so that you could install safe standing in case there is a requirement at some point :-).

Agree with the 18 - 21 comment above and maybe include students in this bracket.

On the Pearl Street/Sandy pricing I wanted to have the 'cheaper than last year' angle.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season Tickets on 13:01 - Apr 17 with 2518 viewsKenBoon

Season Tickets on 12:22 - Apr 17 by PotterDale

To be fair to Nordenblue Ken the first thing I said when I read the seating idea (and before I got to your reply my exact words were "how dare you". Yes it may be outdated and in need of renovation, but seating is not an option I would be happy with.

Railed standing/seating has it's benefits. It'd allow folk to have a sit down at half-time and the front row would be perfect for folk who like to stand but perhaps struggle for 90 minutes. It's obviously more expensive, but anyone building or renovating a terrace nowadays should investigate it as an option. It would be nice for the club to renovate the sandy. Some folk enjoy standing and it'd be good to offer them a better experience. It might also attract folk into the ground who want to stand at the Football but want a better view than the Sandy currently provides.
Season Tickets on 13:23 - Apr 17 with 2477 views49thseason

Season Tickets on 10:24 - Apr 17 by KenBoon

Considering there are over 5000 empty seats allocated to Rochdale fans at most league games, I cant imagine the board spending money on the Sandy Lane stand. It is what it is, the people who use it obviously prefer it to sitting down and the only major complaint is regarding the abysmal sound system which frankly could be removed for all the use it is, even emergency announcements sound as though they are being done underwater.
Season Tickets on 13:59 - Apr 17 with 2428 viewsNinco

I'm surprised that they don't offer some sort of Oyster Card system as a season ticket. You could charge full price for the season ticket, then if you have to work or are ill or something and you don't go, you obviously don't swipe the card to get in. At the end of the season, if it works out that you would have been better off paying the walk on fee than the season ticket price because you have missed several games, you get a rebate. It would mean that every fan could then be able to have a season ticket and would not need to worry about losing out if they can't get to every game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024