Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test 16:31 - May 24 with 5374 viewsaleanddale

England won the toss and elected to bat.... Mmmmmm.

180-8

Terrible start.
England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 21:46 - Jun 2 with 1372 viewspioneer

England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 13:51 - Jun 2 by AtThePeake

Could be worse... I travelled to New Zealand and England were all out in 65 minutes!

Hope it clears up this afternoon and you see some play. Went yesterday and had a cracking day, might head over again on Monday if I can.

about 10 years ago I went to the US tennis for mens and womens finals. Mens final rained off and womens final saw Clisters win in less than an hour. That was a very expensive hours tennis.
England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 22:15 - Jun 2 with 1342 viewsdownunder

Could be worse... I travelled to New Zealand and England were all out in 65 minutes!

Hope it clears up this afternoon and you see some play. Went yesterday and had a cracking day, might head over again on Monday if I can.

I see your point, but New Zealand, in summer...there are many far worse places to be disappointed about your teams performance. Sipping on a Monteiths/Speights, with the view across the Bay...
At least you got to see the game!
England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 09:03 - Jun 3 with 1268 viewsAtThePeake

England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 22:15 - Jun 2 by downunder

I see your point, but New Zealand, in summer...there are many far worse places to be disappointed about your teams performance. Sipping on a Monteiths/Speights, with the view across the Bay...
At least you got to see the game!

Very true. England's performances with the bat the only blemish on a cracking trip really.

Tangled up in blue.

England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 10:14 - Jun 3 with 1227 viewsBFC1885

Anyone else surprised ( and indeed disappointed) at the number of Pakistan supporters?
I would have expected to see more of them at Headingley given that it's very close to a large number of Pakistani origin people, or are the younger generations losing their interest in the game?
If nothing else you would have thought their support would have been roused by the towelling they gave us at Lord's.
England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 10:20 - Jun 3 with 1209 viewsisitme

England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 10:14 - Jun 3 by BFC1885

Anyone else surprised ( and indeed disappointed) at the number of Pakistan supporters?
I would have expected to see more of them at Headingley given that it's very close to a large number of Pakistani origin people, or are the younger generations losing their interest in the game?
If nothing else you would have thought their support would have been roused by the towelling they gave us at Lord's.

Or are the children of immigrants who were born here supporting their country of birth, rather than a country they may never have even been to?
England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 11:38 - Jun 3 with 1165 viewsDaley_Lama

I remember a test match in the 90s i went to at Headingley v Pakistan.

Chap in front of me got constant abuse for about 3 hours P*** this, P**** that. Having had enough, he finally stood up, turned around and shouted ‘I’m not a P*** B*******, I’m from India and hate these f****** more than you do.

It helped that he was wearing an Indian 1 day shirt.

Moral of the story is that I would think twice of heading to Headingley if I was of Pakistani origin. Especially the western terrace.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 11:38]

Poll: DF in or out

England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 12:04 - Jun 3 with 1144 viewsAtThePeake

England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 11:38 - Jun 3 by Daley_Lama

I remember a test match in the 90s i went to at Headingley v Pakistan.

Chap in front of me got constant abuse for about 3 hours P*** this, P**** that. Having had enough, he finally stood up, turned around and shouted ‘I’m not a P*** B*******, I’m from India and hate these f****** more than you do.

It helped that he was wearing an Indian 1 day shirt.

Moral of the story is that I would think twice of heading to Headingley if I was of Pakistani origin. Especially the western terrace.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 11:38]

Was sat on the Western Terrace on Friday. There was a group of 4 Pakistan fans on the row in front of us. Nobody gave them abuse of any description, but they did look thoroughly fed-up of the drunken mess that was developing around them by about 4pm.

Tangled up in blue.

England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 13:17 - Jun 3 with 1124 viewsDaley_Lama

I was there yesterday and likewise where i was sat, the handful of Pakistani supporters got no abuse and had glum faces.

Atmosphere was quite quiet yesterday. I expected 3 hours in the pub then an afty with Eng on top to be raucous bur it seemed quite tame compared to previous trips.

The move to refundable glasses has stopped the beer snakes too, it all felt wrong.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 16:30 - Jun 3 with 1078 viewsD_Alien

A suitably emphatic response, winning by an innings & 55

Which makes the Lord's shambles all the more annoying, really

[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 16:31]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 22:00 - Jun 3 with 1011 viewsdownunder

Forget going Monday, will be a wasted trip. Unless you like sightseeing in Holbeck, etc.
England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 10:16 - Jun 4 with 912 viewsNigeriamark

England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 16:30 - Jun 3 by D_Alien

A suitably emphatic response, winning by an innings & 55

Which makes the Lord's shambles all the more annoying, really

[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 16:31]

To me brings into question why have a 2 test series? a 3rd match now would have generated some excitement. Same with NZ last year ( or year before?) where we had 2 cracking games. a two match series doesn't seem that logical
England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 10:18 - Jun 4 with 909 viewsAtThePeake

England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 22:00 - Jun 3 by downunder

Forget going Monday, will be a wasted trip. Unless you like sightseeing in Holbeck, etc.

There's always the Otley Run...

Tangled up in blue.

England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 12:24 - Jun 4 with 884 viewsD_Alien

England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 10:16 - Jun 4 by Nigeriamark

To me brings into question why have a 2 test series? a 3rd match now would have generated some excitement. Same with NZ last year ( or year before?) where we had 2 cracking games. a two match series doesn't seem that logical

Fully agree. It's almost like an insult to the opposition, as in "you're not worthy of a proper series" especially when their closest rivals India are granted a 5-test series; that would normally have been spread throughout the English season but instead is shoe-horned between August and early September

All to do with the money-generating ODIs and T20s of course, including touring teams (Australia) who're only here for one-dayers. These fixtures become meaningless. No-one remembers who won what the following year, and it really doesn't matter

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 20:49 - Jun 4 with 791 viewspioneer

England v Pakistan - Lords - 1st test on 12:24 - Jun 4 by D_Alien

Fully agree. It's almost like an insult to the opposition, as in "you're not worthy of a proper series" especially when their closest rivals India are granted a 5-test series; that would normally have been spread throughout the English season but instead is shoe-horned between August and early September

All to do with the money-generating ODIs and T20s of course, including touring teams (Australia) who're only here for one-dayers. These fixtures become meaningless. No-one remembers who won what the following year, and it really doesn't matter

I believe the contract signed with sky or whoever was for 7 test matches per season so its back to who is running the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024