Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Financial Crisis at the Dale? 16:26 - Dec 17 with 21268 viewssmaclad1

I’ve heard it suggested that the club’s financial affairs are not all they might be, and such is the issue that at least one player will need to be sold in January.

All this comes on the back of a reported loss from last season. Despite what we might think about previous player sales with add-ons, the cup run and associated TV money, and owning our ground, I understand that good sources have said that relaying the pitch and buying the ground contributed to last season’s state of affairs, while this season the windfall payments have dried up, we’re overspending on the player budget and the reduced price season ticket offer have all taken their toll on this season’s budget.

This seems to have been coming for some time now. All this was, I have been informed, was known about and lurking in the background before the boardroom unrest was made public.

Very worrying.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 06:15 - Dec 18 with 2419 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 05:59 - Dec 18 by smaclad1

Who mentioned religion?

Tut tut.

sacred
/ˈseɪkrɪd/Submit
adjective
connected with God or a god or dedicated to a religious purpose and so deserving veneration.
"sacred rites"

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 06:16 - Dec 18 with 2417 viewssmaclad1

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:50 - Dec 17 by judd

People have differing opinions ffs. There is evidence neither for or against disproving the OP, except I am fully aware of his prediliction for several halves of dark mild pre match

Dark mild pre-match. If only.

Raised on Wilson's Mild, Robbies always hard to find Dark Mild a long distant memory, Holt's increasingly putting it on keg, the beer that dare not speak it's name - Black Cat and Nutty Black for God's sake. Oh to find Timmy Taylor's Dark Mild, or even better it's lighter hued brother Golden Best, surely one of the, if not the best, Light Mild's around. And let's not forget the more powerful Milds around - Sarah Hughes Ruby Dark and Teignworthy's Martha's Mild....
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 06:22 - Dec 18 with 2411 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 05:58 - Dec 18 by smaclad1

Indeed they would be mad to, and are under no obligation to do so.

Except, except...someone or several people at the club have apparently seen fit to comment on such matters and their compliant lackies are ever eager to massage their own egos and pop it all on here. So, somebody, somewhere at the Club is mad. Or playing us along with the assistance of those too blind to see they're being used in a bigger game. Whichever.

If you’re implying I’m being fed info to further somebody’s own agenda, you’re very mistaken. I don’t know where you’ve sprung from recently, or what you did before deciding to post on this forum, but I do know you know people who would vouch that I am a reasonable person who has the club’s best interests at heart. The very fact I’m posting various bits demonstrates my concern, as it’s something I’m usually opposed to.

People should use Google too. It’s a great tool for finding out info if you want to get to the bottom of things rather than toying with rumour.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 06:29 - Dec 18 with 2400 viewsNigeriamark

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:50 - Dec 17 by RooleyMoorBlue

The most recent balance sheet showed us with £0.5M in credit, so I don`t think were are in trouble. We are still owed for Jamie Allen as this was an installment agreed transfer. Unless someone has been dipping into our coffers I can`t see there being a financial crisis. If need be we can offload McNulty, Perkins and Gillam, three wages saved at no detriment to the squad. In fact it would improve the overall playing quality.

If we are £500k to the good after all debts credits etc are taken into account I would imagine we would be one of the most solvent clubs in the EFL. However transfers are the make or break of this club as without them we would be well into the red. if we don’t sell or get a windfall in the next 6-12 months we will slip into the red. A previous thread talks about what we would wish for this Christmas. In terms of this post, WBA selling Craig Dawson for a good sum wouldn’t be a bad present for all concerned. This would probably pt a couple more years into our years in the black because £500k is probably only enough to take us into next season. It would also reduce the pressure of selling one of our young assets ( Primarily Adshead) too soon.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 06:46 - Dec 18 with 2360 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 06:29 - Dec 18 by Nigeriamark

If we are £500k to the good after all debts credits etc are taken into account I would imagine we would be one of the most solvent clubs in the EFL. However transfers are the make or break of this club as without them we would be well into the red. if we don’t sell or get a windfall in the next 6-12 months we will slip into the red. A previous thread talks about what we would wish for this Christmas. In terms of this post, WBA selling Craig Dawson for a good sum wouldn’t be a bad present for all concerned. This would probably pt a couple more years into our years in the black because £500k is probably only enough to take us into next season. It would also reduce the pressure of selling one of our young assets ( Primarily Adshead) too soon.

I think Smaclad has used the title ‘financial crisis’ as something as a deliberate overreaction.

Your assessment is probably somewhat nearer the current state of our finances but we aren’t flush and a player sale is/was seen as necessary to keeping us away from trouble.

Add to that an increased playing budget and very differing opinions on the board regarding how the club is run at all levels, and we are where we are.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 07:27 - Dec 18 with 2309 viewsroccydaleian

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:59 - Dec 17 by judd

You 2 should KISS and MAKE UP

i'll give him an snog at the pizza counter in Asda.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 08:04 - Dec 18 with 2238 viewsjudd

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 07:27 - Dec 18 by roccydaleian

That'd just create a plethora of pavement pizzas all over the shop.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 08:26 - Dec 18 with 2205 viewsBobbyjoe

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 06:15 - Dec 18 by fitzochris

Tut tut.

sacred
/ˈseɪkrɪd/Submit
adjective
connected with God or a god or dedicated to a religious purpose and so deserving veneration.
"sacred rites"

Figurative

Adjective

Not to be taken literally.
Login to get fewer ads

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 08:28 - Dec 18 with 2196 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 08:26 - Dec 18 by Bobbyjoe

Figurative

Adjective

Not to be taken literally.

Like my 'rude to point' comment before it. It wasn't intended to be taken seriously.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 08:36 - Dec 18 with 2175 viewsroccydaleian

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 08:04 - Dec 18 by judd

That'd just create a plethora of pavement pizzas all over the shop.

i could resolve that logistically.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 09:49 - Dec 18 with 2069 viewsdingdangblue

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 06:46 - Dec 18 by fitzochris

I think Smaclad has used the title ‘financial crisis’ as something as a deliberate overreaction.

Your assessment is probably somewhat nearer the current state of our finances but we aren’t flush and a player sale is/was seen as necessary to keeping us away from trouble.

Add to that an increased playing budget and very differing opinions on the board regarding how the club is run at all levels, and we are where we are.

We'll be alright in Jan when the bids come flooding in for Calvin.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 11:05 - Dec 18 with 1988 viewsdawlishdale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:21 - Dec 17 by smaclad1

I stand by my OP which was carefully researched.

I am also, unlike others, not afraid to name my sources and point you to fitzochris, dawlishdale and 1907 on the Plymouth Match Thread thread — all detail in my post is taken from their posts, and I am sure they can back up and verify their claims. For a given value of ‘sure’.

Interesting isn’t it - ITK posters drip feed their privileged information, which they are not prepared to properly evidence, onto the board for whatever personal motives — put all that information together in one post and you set all sorts of hares off and running.

Rather naughty of you Smaclad.

I alluded to us being "over budget".

Neither you nor I know how much we are over budget...be it £1 or £1m (which I doubt)

I went on to say that we have invested in a new pitch, bought the stadium back and various other expenses, as well as paying (for us) big money on two older players, and also subsidising the season tickets will have eaten into the Hogan windfall, but you have ignored that, perhaps you want to flex your newly found internet muscle?

All I know is that I have been told that most (if not all) the Hogan money has been spent, and that we will need to cut our cloth accordingly .

That does NOT imply we are in a Financial Crisis, and it's remiss of you to say that we are, when quoting my post. If you wish to say so on your own, then post away.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 11:20 - Dec 18 with 1965 viewsNafelad

And what happened to the 'Done money', I wonder??

Topcat

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 11:29 - Dec 18 with 1943 viewsParkinsGimp

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 18:19 - Dec 17 by fitzochris

Calvin Andrew on £2k per week is the player currently being offered to other clubs.

And the feck would sign him , looking at National League standard , but if they look at his goal scoring stats theres no chance. .
But he does win headers ...yeah right .....
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 11:38 - Dec 18 with 1914 viewsrochdaleriddler

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 11:20 - Dec 18 by Nafelad

And what happened to the 'Done money', I wonder??

Given away to wilbraham and Perkins £7k weekly

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 11:42 - Dec 18 with 1910 views1949er

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 07:27 - Dec 18 by roccydaleian

You been sniffing BCF Roccy?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 11:48 - Dec 18 with 1898 viewsalderleydale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 18:19 - Dec 17 by fitzochris

Calvin Andrew on £2k per week is the player currently being offered to other clubs.

Do you know if this is with Hills blessing Fitz??

I think with the stepping down of Dunphy at the end of December things are about to get very interesting.

I did post several months ago when Andrew Kelly resigned that I had been told by a very reliable source that he did so because of a lack of ambition by some board members and the manager.

Time will tell!!!
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 11:54]
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 11:50 - Dec 18 with 1892 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:08 - Dec 17 by dingdangblue

Maybe it's a false story to catch a snitch?

Outed!
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 12:06 - Dec 18 with 1861 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 11:48 - Dec 18 by alderleydale

I think with the stepping down of Dunphy at the end of December things are about to get very interesting.

I did post several months ago when Andrew Kelly resigned that I had been told by a very reliable source that he did so because of a lack of ambition by some board members and the manager.

Time will tell!!!

I honestly don't know.

This info did not come from the club, it came from elsewhere.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 12:13 - Dec 18 with 1840 viewsalderleydale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 12:06 - Dec 18 by fitzochris

I honestly don't know.

If its true(and I don't doubt you for one second)

To be paying CA over 100K a year is simply madness)and people are asking where has the Hogan money has gone)
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 12:15]
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 12:30 - Dec 18 with 1780 viewsdingdangblue

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 12:06 - Dec 18 by fitzochris

I honestly don't know.

Can you find out what's happened to Sam Hart? Ta.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 12:32 - Dec 18 with 1779 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 12:30 - Dec 18 by dingdangblue

Can you find out what's happened to Sam Hart? Ta.

Can you?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 12:33 - Dec 18 with 1772 viewsNerazzurri

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 12:13 - Dec 18 by alderleydale

If its true(and I don't doubt you for one second)

To be paying CA over 100K a year is simply madness)and people are asking where has the Hogan money has gone)
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 12:15]

Whilst in the real world it’s a lot of money in the grand scheme of League 1 its peanuts, highlighting just how hard this league is. This is the cost of trying to compete in League 1.

Forza Nerazzurri

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 12:36 - Dec 18 with 1749 viewsNigeriamark

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 09:49 - Dec 18 by dingdangblue

We'll be alright in Jan when the bids come flooding in for Calvin.

Don't be Sarky, we did get money for Donnelly* so anything is possible :-)

* apparently Ronnie Biggs was impressed with that daylight robbery
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 12:45 - Dec 18 with 1717 viewsSuddenLad

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 11:48 - Dec 18 by alderleydale

Time will tell!!!

Can't believe for a moment that Keith Hill 'lacks ambition' in a footballing sense. I can believe that some Directors were reluctant to overspend, which others may interpret as 'lack of ambition'. There's a fine line between 'prudence' and 'recklessness' when it comes to spending. Chris Dunphy always seemed to adt in the best financial interests of the club. Hopefully, that will continue. Putting the financial stability of the club at risk would be madness. A quick look down the A58 will tell you all you need to know about that option and the possible outcomes..

All sorts of 'stories' have emerged since the Dunphy retirement news became public and there are apparently some with a pre-determined agenda which was bubbling under the surface for quite a while beforehand.

It seems that some people are far more closely linked to members of the Board than they seem prepared to disclose and I wonder why that should be.

Don't we all want the best for the club, on and off the field. ?

Why all the cloak and dagger stuff ? It only breeds unnecessary speculation.

Using phrases like 'financial crisis' is presumably designed to create either suspicion or to create a sense of worry amongst supporters. Either way, it's irresponsible.

Creating divisions isn't the way forward. Stop stirring the pot.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024