Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do we need? 10:37 - Jan 2 with 3231 viewsTomRAFC

Regardless of whether Hill stays or goes, the transfer window now open. What do people think we need to turn around the starting 11?

A Cavanagh/Keane/Dawson style character is top of the list for me. Also an experienced centre back to partner McGahey.

I'd like to see Dooley have more game time, but I'd also like to see another winger brought in so that we have some genuine pace in the team.

I'd love to see a fit Clough given game time, but I fear he will go down in Dale history as a "what could have been" player. If so we need a striker.

Those 4 would be top of my list. I'd like to see Lillis given an extended run in net, but if Keith has lost faith in him then I'd like to see a reliable experienced keeper brought in who can marshal the defence.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

What do we need? on 11:00 - Jan 2 with 3156 viewsDaleFan7

A Keeper
A RB
A CB capable of defending set pieces
A CM with even a tiny amount of physicality
A new winger
A striker capable of scoring more than 3 or 4 a season.
What do we need? on 11:52 - Jan 2 with 3069 viewsboromat

Feels like we need a fresh start in the keeper department.

A right back as Rafferty needs competition.

A left back to stamp they're mark on the first team. Nthle, Done and Hart havent down that yet.

An experienced physical central midfielder. God knows where we'll get one from!!

Be nice to find a proper striker (ie Hogan) again where we gonna find one of them from?!

We also have to replace some that may go. Andrew and McGahey maybe. However some players may leave that won't need replacing one for one. The squad is quite large and without a cup run it's not required.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

What do we need? on 12:50 - Jan 2 with 2999 viewselectricblue

Wont Hill have to off load several players before new faces arrive!
Ok we know all that Canon as gone but he is only one player and his departure as weakened the squad.....

Players out.
Wilbrahams.
Norman.
Randall...
Thompson.

Maybe perkins, Andrews and Magahey who knows if any cash is involved...
Also i think Inman is an high earner he can go....
Players in

Forward to play up front with Henderson.
Midfielder who can lead and organise.

Formation 3 1 4 2

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

What do we need? on 13:00 - Jan 2 with 2958 viewsTomRAFC

Not saying we should go back, but it's hard to believe we released Steven Davies and Keith Keane (who I believe is without a club).

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

What do we need? on 13:33 - Jan 2 with 2901 viewsrichfoad32

What do we need? on 13:00 - Jan 2 by TomRAFC

Not saying we should go back, but it's hard to believe we released Steven Davies and Keith Keane (who I believe is without a club).

The fact that neither of them have done anything since they were released shows it was probably the right decision.
What do we need? on 13:45 - Jan 2 with 2845 viewsceme_ender

Dawson is available for transfer, Dale were in for him pre season but wouldn't match his salary, would be a good signing for you on loan until the end of the season.
If he had a run of games would be a good signing .
What do we need? on 13:49 - Jan 2 with 2818 viewsDaleFan7

What do we need? on 13:45 - Jan 2 by ceme_ender

Dawson is available for transfer, Dale were in for him pre season but wouldn't match his salary, would be a good signing for you on loan until the end of the season.

Wouldn't pay for someone who would genuinely improve our squad but sign players like Perkins and Wilbraham to what are reported to be expensive deals.

Sounds just like us.
What do we need? on 14:16 - Jan 2 with 2747 views_DailyDale

What do we need? on 13:33 - Jan 2 by richfoad32

The fact that neither of them have done anything since they were released shows it was probably the right decision.

Keane has retired.
Login to get fewer ads

What do we need? on 15:03 - Jan 2 with 2611 viewselectricblue

What do we need? on 13:45 - Jan 2 by ceme_ender

No chance...
According to my Bury supporting mate Dawson isnt fit and runs around like a headless chicken ftom one rash tackle to another when he does finally get a game.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

What do we need? on 16:09 - Jan 2 with 2470 viewsnicknick

I would personally keep McGahey at the back and put Williams just in front of the defence. Camps cant do much on his own.
Rathbone has the ability to change games but not the physicality.
What do we need? on 17:01 - Jan 2 with 2354 viewsShun

A few large wish-lists in here! Our squad is already over-inflated this season. We’re in a fairly unusual situation in that for the first transfer window ever I’m actually hoping for more departures than arrivals - any departures apart from Henderson or McGahey will probably help the squad overall. That, coupled with Hill’s past record of minimal signings in January, added to the recent rumours that our financial health isn’t quite as plush as we thought, show that I think it’s wishful thinking to expect more than 1 or, at most 2, arrivals this month.

Of the incomings though, my absolute number one priority would be a midfield general/destroyer type. A Dawson/Keane/Cavanagh. Failing that, a tall mobile forward to play aside Henderson.
What do we need? on 17:51 - Jan 2 with 2296 viewsCanadaDale

Players out:
Cannon (confirmed today).
Hart (confirmed today).
Moore (confirmed today).
Alby (hopefully) absolute waste of money.
Perkins (hopefully) seems to be well past him prime and on a decent amount that could be better used.
Andrew (hopefully) nice guy but he’s just not good enough as a striker. (Touch/ Finishing/ Pace)

Players in: (I’d like to see come in)
LB- with a decent cross.
CM -who gets stuck in and breaks up play / offer protection to the defence.
Winger- who will run at defenders and get them facing the other way. Decent cross required too.
Striker- someone with height, that has the ability to hold the ball up well and feed the likes of hendo. At least a little bit of pace to occasionally get in behind defenders and give them something else to worry about. ( Clive platt type would be perfect)

If we are going to keep Inman it would play him right up top as a striker because on the wing he more than not goes missing, especially if it’s a tough game when he’s required to put a physical shift in. He can finish and he has a yard of pace, so up front may prove fruitful in the goals department.
What do we need? on 17:59 - Jan 2 with 2259 viewssweetcorn

Move mcnulty, wilbraham, calvin, done and perkins if possible on top of what has already gone since the window has opened.

Sign 1 LB, CB, CM and CF and i’d be thrilled. It’s only realistic though if we can move the players out to recruit in.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

What do we need? on 18:46 - Jan 2 with 2200 views49thseason

What do we need? on 17:51 - Jan 2 by CanadaDale

Players out:
Cannon (confirmed today).
Hart (confirmed today).
Moore (confirmed today).
Alby (hopefully) absolute waste of money.
Perkins (hopefully) seems to be well past him prime and on a decent amount that could be better used.
Andrew (hopefully) nice guy but he’s just not good enough as a striker. (Touch/ Finishing/ Pace)

Players in: (I’d like to see come in)
LB- with a decent cross.
CM -who gets stuck in and breaks up play / offer protection to the defence.
Winger- who will run at defenders and get them facing the other way. Decent cross required too.
Striker- someone with height, that has the ability to hold the ball up well and feed the likes of hendo. At least a little bit of pace to occasionally get in behind defenders and give them something else to worry about. ( Clive platt type would be perfect)

If we are going to keep Inman it would play him right up top as a striker because on the wing he more than not goes missing, especially if it’s a tough game when he’s required to put a physical shift in. He can finish and he has a yard of pace, so up front may prove fruitful in the goals department.

Connor Randall went back to Liverpool yesterday 1/1/19
What do we need? on 18:56 - Jan 2 with 2179 viewsboromat

J.Diba ( loan signings aren't working he'd be cheap and once seen as a huge potential maybe he's come on since he left?)
D.Daniels (I still think McGahey will go and he can also cover right back)
K.Henry (if fit just until the end of the season)
W.Buckley (Bolton are struggling he's not played the last couple of games and his contract is up in the summer)

Disclaimer: These aren't completely serious suggestions. I wouldn't be too upset with these signings though. Henry may be passed it.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

What do we need? on 00:15 - Jan 3 with 1973 viewsYorkshire_Dale

What do we need? on 18:46 - Jan 2 by 49thseason

Connor Randall went back to Liverpool yesterday 1/1/19

...awaiting confirmation from the tattlers?
What do we need? on 00:44 - Jan 3 with 1935 views49thseason

What do we need? on 00:15 - Jan 3 by Yorkshire_Dale

...awaiting confirmation from the tattlers?

Well his loan ended and noone has suggested it has been renewed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024