Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back in bottom 4 15:27 - Apr 19 with 13326 viewsDale23years

Look nervous, not playing well at all

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Back in bottom 4 on 17:29 - Apr 19 with 4390 viewsNigeriamark

Back in bottom 4 on 17:25 - Apr 19 by Dale23years

I think 1 more win will do it

Excellent result at walsall, could deffo knock the stuffing out of southend that result.

I think so too. 50 points may be OK for teams with a good goal difference, but we need. That extra point

Amazing that if we beat Bristol we go above them yet our GD is -31 and theirs is -3 !!
Back in bottom 4 on 17:53 - Apr 19 with 4193 viewsdawlishdale

Well; sometimes you don't get what you deserve, and today Wycombe deserved at the very least to get a point.

However, it felt mighty good for us to win a game late on rather than as so often this year lose it late.

Awful first half from Dale...really grim stuff, with most of the team being completely lost.

In the second half we improved hugely, although we still didn't ever really play good football, but the heart and desire is there in spades.

Akinfenwa can be almost unplayable at times, and was the pick of their players, but he never really had a direct sight on goal, thanks to some dogged defending by Jim and EEL.

Rathbone showed bags of energy, pushing my personal mom Josh Lillis close . The subs helped us, because it allowed Matt Done to be played up front, where he can cause damage without worrying about defensive work. surely, BBM will have realised that the experiment of playing him at full back or in midfield is not working.

Finally, a word for Wycombe... you were unlucky today, but why on earth do your players waste so much time? Even in the first half when you were well on top, you insisted in slowing the game down every chance you had? It probably cost you the 3 points today...such was your dominance at times in the first half.

The league table makes for much better viewing tonight...first time in months !!!
Back in bottom 4 on 18:34 - Apr 19 with 3921 viewsscarrow

Rode our luck got the 3 points. Boy has this team changed defensively, bodies on the line so much better than under hill

Poll: Final position

Back in bottom 4 on 18:46 - Apr 19 with 3838 viewsfrenzied

it wasn't a great game at all
Wycombe seemed to time waste from the first minute.
Akinfenwa is a great foil for them but Ebanks dealt with him.
The effort that the lads put in today was without question..v disciplined at the back not to make any rash challenges which shows a better mental focus than we saw earlier in the season.
Ref was flaky at times
The pitch is a challenge to play on ..bobbly.. difficult to judge the speed of the ball as their keeper found out with the pass back to him in the first half
Jim was outstanding.
It aint pretty but it gets us to where we wanna be.
With the other results going in our favour today id expect 1 win to see us safe as theres plenty of games to come between the bottom 8 or 9.
Back in bottom 4 on 18:55 - Apr 19 with 3770 viewsrochdale_ranger

Back in bottom 4 on 18:46 - Apr 19 by frenzied

The effort that the lads put in today was without question..v disciplined at the back not to make any rash challenges which shows a better mental focus than we saw earlier in the season.
Ref was flaky at times
The pitch is a challenge to play on ..bobbly.. difficult to judge the speed of the ball as their keeper found out with the pass back to him in the first half
Jim was outstanding.
With the other results going in our favour today id expect 1 win to see us safe as theres plenty of games to come between the bottom 8 or 9.

Can’t understand the plaudits for Wycombe on here tonight. We were poor in the first half but they were never any good. In fact They were an awful time wasting team with a freaky malformed glorified pub striker up front.
Back in bottom 4 on 19:18 - Apr 19 with 3633 viewsnordenblue

Back in bottom 4 on 18:46 - Apr 19 by frenzied

Ref was flaky at times
Jim was outstanding.

That clearance off the line was top class defending by Jim, he gets deserved grief sometimes on here but his reading of that danger was first class.
Quite liked how he bolloxed Bunney in the second half for some sloppy play.
We have somehow found a backbone in this team and the amount of lads throwing themselves in for blocks without fear of getting hurt is a miracle since the change of management.

Sometimes its not pretty to watch but we've made ourselves difficult to beat and can close up at the back,something a certain Mr Hill struggled with for going on 2 years,so for that alone a massive well done BBM,keep it up.
Great touch chucking Calvin at centre half too,it worked
Back in bottom 4 on 19:18 - Apr 19 with 3633 viewsD_Alien

Not sure why BBM decided to experiment with Bunney on the right, up front; imo it disrupted the rhythm we seemed to have gained, and hope it's the last we see of it

Great last 10+6 minutes after a truly awful 80, but those 3pts are on board and that's all that matters. As aleanddale posted t' other day, the Easter break will feel much better for it. My MoM? Our attitude

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Back in bottom 4 on 19:26 - Apr 19 with 3576 viewsBartRowou

The official site is giving the goal to Wilbraham. Did the ref/liner indicate this after his header or what?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Login to get fewer ads

Back in bottom 4 on 19:48 - Apr 19 with 3457 viewsjoecooke

Bunney looked like a fish out of water today but a last ditch tackle in the dying seconds was the epitome of our fighting spirit today.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Back in bottom 4 on 19:53 - Apr 19 with 3417 viewsanimal8

It's not going to be pretty the last 3 games also ,but now it's about points not performances if we stay up,I am not the slightest bit bothered that we didn't play brilliant football .up the Dale .
Back in bottom 4 on 20:00 - Apr 19 with 3365 viewsdingdangblue

Back in bottom 4 on 19:26 - Apr 19 by BartRowou

The official site is giving the goal to Wilbraham. Did the ref/liner indicate this after his header or what?

There is no way anyone can be certain the header was over the line without goal line technology. Its got to be Hendo's goal - especially with him going for the golden boot this season and Reg's record.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Back in bottom 4 on 20:31 - Apr 19 with 3208 viewsFrog

Is Clough injured again?
Back in bottom 4 on 20:32 - Apr 19 with 3199 viewsfrenzied

Back in bottom 4 on 19:48 - Apr 19 by joecooke

Bunney looked like a fish out of water today but a last ditch tackle in the dying seconds was the epitome of our fighting spirit today.

its whats so refreshing about these lads is that even if they make an error they don't hide..they simply get on with it...the next thing they do will be ultimately better ..id rather have the lads having a go ,I don't care if they miss ten times because on the 11th it may well hit the target...…..
Back in bottom 4 on 20:41 - Apr 19 with 3145 viewsdingdangblue

Cant believe Akinfenwa is getting praised by a few - he spent the whole game fouling our centre halves, grabbing and pulling every time the ball was in the air heading towards him. The ref was useless - so weak letting him get away with it - and how the foul on Done at the end wasn't a yellow card is beyond me.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Back in bottom 4 on 20:55 - Apr 19 with 3081 viewsSandyman

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11698530/rochdale-1-0-wyco

Highlights
Back in bottom 4 on 20:57 - Apr 19 with 3069 viewsjoecooke

Back in bottom 4 on 20:41 - Apr 19 by dingdangblue

Cant believe Akinfenwa is getting praised by a few - he spent the whole game fouling our centre halves, grabbing and pulling every time the ball was in the air heading towards him. The ref was useless - so weak letting him get away with it - and how the foul on Done at the end wasn't a yellow card is beyond me.

He is a handful to mark without a doubt.Thought our centre halfs did a cracking job on him ,as his scoring record is really quite good.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Back in bottom 4 on 21:14 - Apr 19 with 2979 viewsDaleFan7

We defended well today. In the first half, no player further forward than the back 4 was in the game and Wycombe were on top. The second half wasn't the best either but the fight and desire that the players showed, especially after we went in front, couldn't be questioned.

It wasn't a good game and it was two poor teams but what we lacked in ability we made up in heart today. A couple of months ago we'd have lost that game and I think it's going to be the difference between staying up and going down.
Back in bottom 4 on 21:42 - Apr 19 with 2859 viewsnordenblue

Back in bottom 4 on 20:57 - Apr 19 by joecooke

He is a handful to mark without a doubt.Thought our centre halfs did a cracking job on him ,as his scoring record is really quite good.

Any team with something about them should easily bypass him,from the few times I've actually seen him I think he's absolutely gash and the more I watch him the more I can't fathom how he's actually made a decent career looking like that, it's no wonder he's got a knee brace on,Jesus wept...
Back in bottom 4 on 22:14 - Apr 19 with 2711 viewsCreepy

Can't remember a day before when I looked at a set of fixtures in the morning and by the evening every result in the division had gone exactly how I would have wanted. Just need Luton to finish it nicely tomorrow.
Back in bottom 4 on 22:44 - Apr 19 with 2612 viewsShun

Back in bottom 4 on 20:55 - Apr 19 by Sandyman

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11698530/rochdale-1-0-wyco

Highlights

It looks like they absolutely hammered us! And if you pause it at the right moment it doesn’t look like Wilbraham’s header crossed the line - it’s Henderson’s goal.
Back in bottom 4 on 00:15 - Apr 20 with 2403 viewsD_Alien

Back in bottom 4 on 22:44 - Apr 19 by Shun

It looks like they absolutely hammered us! And if you pause it at the right moment it doesn’t look like Wilbraham’s header crossed the line - it’s Henderson’s goal.

Surprised they didn't show that Wycombe chance at the end, which slid just past the upright but looked like it was going to be a killer blow right at the death - not dissimilar to our win over Shrewsbury in BBM's first game

It seems, for the time being at least, that he's a lucky manager

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Back in bottom 4 on 00:52 - Apr 20 with 2348 viewsrochdale_ranger

Back in bottom 4 on 21:42 - Apr 19 by nordenblue

Any team with something about them should easily bypass him,from the few times I've actually seen him I think he's absolutely gash and the more I watch him the more I can't fathom how he's actually made a decent career looking like that, it's no wonder he's got a knee brace on,Jesus wept...

Pub footballer.
Back in bottom 4 on 01:05 - Apr 20 with 2336 viewsdingdangblue

Back in bottom 4 on 00:15 - Apr 20 by D_Alien

Surprised they didn't show that Wycombe chance at the end, which slid just past the upright but looked like it was going to be a killer blow right at the death - not dissimilar to our win over Shrewsbury in BBM's first game

It seems, for the time being at least, that he's a lucky manager

The big Wycombe chance they didn't show for me was the one in the 1st half - Lillis hesitated coming out and the defenders let the Wycombe player through - the ball was bouncing and just needed lifting over Lillis who was well off his line - luckily for us the player shot straight at Josh. Incidentally Ive mentioned the poor ref in another post - but what happened when Wilbraham was bursting forwards and looked like he'd been fouled - only for the ref to give a foul to Wycombe???
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 1:06]

Back in bottom 4 on 01:11 - Apr 20 with 2318 viewsdawlishdale

Correct. Even though Josh had a generally very good game, he messed up twice... the one you mention where he started to come out (and would have easily got the ball) but he changed his mind and retreated back...eventually making a last ditch block rather luckily, and also the terrible pass to Jim which Jim then passed straight to their player and fouled him.

Josh was still my mom though.
Back in bottom 4 on 06:25 - Apr 20 with 2177 viewsnordenblue

Back in bottom 4 on 01:05 - Apr 20 by dingdangblue

The big Wycombe chance they didn't show for me was the one in the 1st half - Lillis hesitated coming out and the defenders let the Wycombe player through - the ball was bouncing and just needed lifting over Lillis who was well off his line - luckily for us the player shot straight at Josh. Incidentally Ive mentioned the poor ref in another post - but what happened when Wilbraham was bursting forwards and looked like he'd been fouled - only for the ref to give a foul to Wycombe???
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 1:06]

From the opposite end where I was sat it looked like the ref gave a foul for handball when Wilbraham fell and landed on the ball, the amount of free kicks he alone should have won was amazing, how that barrel up front gets away with backing/knocking into everyone with no attempt to actually jump or win the ball is quite simply staggering.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024