Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? 01:01 - May 16 with 12460 views_Windydale

Aaron Morley, Done or Rathbone and 4 others shrewdly rubbing their chins. Waiting to see what offers from other clubs tantalise and titillate.

Who's the first to renew? Maybe the opening gambit is to wait a month, for a more 'high profile' club to come knocking?

hope to see Morley and Rathbone sign and get onboard. However, I hope we can get a final settled squad here before the training holiday to Bogner Regis.

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 02:08 - May 16 with 5416 viewsjokerthief

Oh i hope your right, the stupid week in overbearing heat, organised by Hill was ridiculous.
Putting players out of their comfort zone in 45 degrees heat.
The only real perfect weather for pre-traing is in the month of July.
Hill totally wasted this, by putting players to the test...to stand up to unbearable heat.
The UK is a wonderful climate in the month of July...hope Mr BBM realises this.
Ireland or south England is perfect for pre-training.....
Another utmost priority after the capture of Blackburn at home in a pre-friendly is.
To get just one more mega home match with maximum away fan for economic reason of course.
The best would be Burnley....Its difficult to get a Manchester or Merseyside team nowadays they aearn mega bucks on world tours.....If not Burnley Huddersfield would be good. lets get off to a season, that has some positive value....If we deserve to travel abroad...lets do it when its an advantage early January or Feb/
'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 07:54 - May 16 with 5236 viewsEllDale

July can be pretty crap weatherwise in this country.
Ask anyone who goes to Wimbledon regularly.

As for your question, it's the senior players who will have more other options I would suspect so expect the younger out of contract players to sign first.

At what stage do you withdraw offers though because negotiations to bring in new players are held up because existing players are hedging their bets?
'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 08:05 - May 16 with 5219 viewsisitme

I suspect that most players will be on holiday. Some of them will have already decided to re-sign, whereas others/their agents will probably be looking to see what is on offer elsewhere. There may also be a bit of negotiation on the terms offered.

Usually a deadline will be given, after which time the contract offers will be withdrawn, as this allows clubs to plan accordingly and look elsewhere. This will probably be towards the end of the month.

I would expect all the youth team players, Morley, Wade and Keohane to sign their deals. Nthle more than likely will sign. Done and Wilbraham will be depend on what terms they have been offered. I suspect that it will be less than their current deals.

Rathbone is a difficult one as there may be interest in him, but as we would be due compensation for him that may put some clubs off. Is he really at this stage a Championship or top end of League One player, as those are the clubs who could afford to pay for him? He will probably sign for Salford!
[Post edited 16 May 2019 8:20]
'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 08:14 - May 16 with 5200 viewselectricblue

Nothing wrong with a good old boot camp training on dartmoor.
Whatever happened to the scottish summer preseason!
Didnt Parkin take the squad to scotland for preseason!.

Out of the players offered contracts i think Done and Morley are the two who may move on...
Wilbraham and Rathbone have done well under BBM and that might have a say on them staying..
[Post edited 16 May 2019 10:21]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 08:36 - May 16 with 5145 viewsfitzochris

BBM has set deadlines for current players to get back to him by. Understandable, as who re-signs and who doesn't dramatically impacts new recruitment.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 09:03 - May 16 with 5083 viewselectricblue

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 08:36 - May 16 by fitzochris

BBM has set deadlines for current players to get back to him by. Understandable, as who re-signs and who doesn't dramatically impacts new recruitment.

More so with a reduced wages budget..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 09:57 - May 16 with 4982 viewsleedsdale

I don’t understand the criticism of the Tenerife trip: where were these comments when we were getting promoted and finishing in the top ten consistently?
'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 10:37 - May 16 with 4892 viewsdeeplishblue

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 09:57 - May 16 by leedsdale

I don’t understand the criticism of the Tenerife trip: where were these comments when we were getting promoted and finishing in the top ten consistently?

One thing that seems to be consistent regarding in recent years is the poor early season form we have.

Players knackered from the pre-season training?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Login to get fewer ads

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 10:51 - May 16 with 4859 viewsEllDale

One issue apparently was that players seemed to come back from Tenerife injured.

You could get injured training in this country having said that.
'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 11:08 - May 16 with 4822 viewsBigKindo

Perhaps some were hoping that Hill would have been appointed at another league club and they could rejoin him?
'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 11:34 - May 16 with 4764 viewsYorkshire_Dale

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 11:08 - May 16 by BigKindo

Perhaps some were hoping that Hill would have been appointed at another league club and they could rejoin him?

He left Kosi, Alby and Morley out in the cold at various times anyway.......personally if Done followed Hill I would not be upset........surely Keohane is the Oirish BBM connection?
'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 12:55 - May 16 with 4579 viewsdingdangblue

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 09:57 - May 16 by leedsdale

Just another stick to beat Hill with.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 13:16 - May 16 with 4531 viewsKenBoon

Tenerife is not 45c in the summer. It's a popular holiday destination for people from mainland Spain because it's cooler.
'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 13:29 - May 16 with 4476 viewsVivaDonaldo

I also don't think it should be under estimated as to the binding effect especially when you're integrating new players.

Time abroad, in good surroundings where you can rely on the weather to complete a rigorous training week? I see it as a big positive.

Just need to be having the squad mainly in place rather than giving someone like Redshaw a free holiday!
'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 13:32 - May 16 with 4450 viewsfitzochris

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 11:34 - May 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

He left Kosi, Alby and Morley out in the cold at various times anyway.......personally if Done followed Hill I would not be upset........surely Keohane is the Oirish BBM connection?

BBM also left out Dooley and Delaney for most of his tenure.

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 13:37 - May 16 with 4440 viewsYorkshire_Dale

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 13:32 - May 16 by fitzochris

BBM also left out Dooley and Delaney for most of his tenure.

Indeed.....probably because he had better "in form "players at his disposal.......Delaney's ratings at Southend suggest he was spot on.
'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 14:17 - May 16 with 4355 viewsThacks_Rabbits

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 13:37 - May 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

Indeed.....probably because he had better "in form "players at his disposal.......Delaney's ratings at Southend suggest he was spot on.

I think team bonding would happen fine wherever the players went and I would prefer them doing it in the uk rather than Spain.

Why not just play Chester, Rhyl, Wrexham, tranmere, Blackburn and Preston?

Sure have a week away bonding and having some banter, but why do in conditions that are not the uk? I went to gran Alicante ages back and it hit 48 degrees, it was impossible to even walk 15 minutes each way to the supermarket.

I am sure Keith had some rational ideas regarding the trip, but having done a hnd in sports science, I don’t agree that it will help players teach fitness, other than making them lose weight!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 15:19 - May 16 with 4191 viewsfitzochris

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 13:37 - May 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

You mean Charlton, surely?

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:25 - May 16 with 4067 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:29 - May 16 with 4053 viewsMolly

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:25 - May 16 by James1980

I couldn't agree more James. A fantastic post.!!
'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 16:54 - May 16 with 3994 viewsYorkshire_Dale

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 15:19 - May 16 by fitzochris

You mean Charlton, surely?

Whoooops!
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:00 - May 16 with 3971 viewsJames1980

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:29 - May 16 by Molly

I couldn't agree more James. A fantastic post.!!

Bloomin internet.
Was asking when was the first Tenerife bootcamp & wasn't it successful first time round?

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 18:00 - May 16 with 3849 viewsboromat

I think all players offered contracts will sign. There's only Rathbone that might get his head turned I think. If Morley has got on to the radar of a LG2 or NL team he might be tempted if he thinks there's a better chance of game time.

On the Tenerife camp I don't really care where they go. I think Tenerife is popular with alot of elite sports people because of the climate and high altitudes the training can be very hard but beneficial when coming back home. Obviously Hill ran a pretty hard camp it'll be interesting to see if BBM continues in the same vein or makes a few tweaks of his own.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 18:10 - May 16 with 3828 viewsJames1980

I guess budget constraints limit opportunities to sign plyers and send them on loan for game time.

'Waiting Game' Who's going to sign first? on 20:08 - May 16 with 3622 views49thseason

A quick look at the first 10 games of the last 5 seasons offers the following:
18-19 .. 11 points extrapolated = 50 points for the season actual season points = 54
17-18 .. 10 points = 46 points actual = 51
16-17 .. 12 points = 55 points actual = 69
15-16 .. 17 points = 78 points actual = 69
14-15 .. 16 points = 74 points actual = 63

There doesn't seem to be any strong evidence that Tenerife hurts us in the early games although we have overperformed the first 10 games in 3 seasons and underperformed in two. It seems that 14-or 15 points from the first 10 games would be a decent start, 11 or fewer signals trouble ahead and more sees us in the top half.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024