Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adshead 15:40 - Jun 18 with 27870 viewsColDale

Adshead on 12:13 - Jun 21 with 2967 viewsShun

Adshead on 12:02 - Jun 21 by 1907

Well you can have an educated guess given that BBM barely used him or any of the kids during the run in.

That was a relegation run-in when experienced heads and a settled first XI were required, completely different to a brand new season.
Adshead on 12:20 - Jun 21 with 2938 viewsEllDale

To be fair I felt sorry for the lad at times last season.
I'm trying to think where the £1million tag originally came from? Was it purely and simply because Man U were allegedly in the frame to buy him?
He looked really good in the Checkatrade games last season but to my mind looked a bit puny in some of the league matches.
He was subbed in one of the latter matches when our midfield was being outmuscled, out-thought and overrun (it could have been one of many, especially after Christmas) and struck me as being a trifle forlorn at the experience.
He's only 17 though and could well bulk up over the next 12 months.
It's been mentioned that Allen was in the first team and flourishing at the same age but that was in L2 where you didn't come across the likes of Portsmouth and Sunderland.
Adshead on 12:22 - Jun 21 with 2930 viewsD_Alien

Adshead on 11:58 - Jun 21 by Shun

‘In all honesty wouldn’t have made it into our preferred starting line up.’

Again, as judd says, that’s impossible to say. Camps and Allen weren’t rated as highly as Dan yet both became first team regulars for years. It can’t be down to his frame either - he’s only 17 so could easily have bulked up, and Will Buckley was even skinnier and was one of the best players in League Two, before going on to have a successful career in The Championship.

Unless you’re BBM, a club employee, or Tiresias then it’s impossible to say how many appearances Dan would’ve had this season. This isn’t a Matty Hughes or Connor Ronan type situation where a virtual unknown was spirited away from our youth team - Adshead’s been around the first team for a couple of years now without ever looking out of place.

At least the club have made a blind profit...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Adshead on 12:24 - Jun 21 with 2914 viewsboromat

Well you can have an educated guess given that BBM barely used him or any of the kids during the run in.

I think that's more to do with the situation we found ourselves in, same as last year Hill did the same. The youngsters tend to get chances up until about January when it becomes apparent we're in a relegation fight. At that point the younger players are wrapped in cotton wool and hidden away and the hard graft and win at any cost is left to the more established players.

I could see the same this season with Morley and Gilliam especially getting opportunities in the first half of the season.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Adshead on 12:46 - Jun 21 with 2842 viewsjudd

We don't have the squad in place yet to validate educated guesses from a fans' perspective of preferred team selection.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Adshead on 13:39 - Jun 21 with 2752 viewselectricblue

Adshead on 19:22 - Jun 20 by aleanddale

Lets hope he does.

I guess we need to hope for a Hogan situation when we profit from the sell on.

Fingers crossed Craig Dawson too.

It is no secret we are watchful with the purse strings and £350k will probably cover the budgeted loss for 2019/20.

If he kicks on and Dale get 20% of £10 million in 3 or 4 years the deal becomes a very good one.

Speaking of Hogan QPR are interested in taking him on a season long loan....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Adshead on 14:07 - Jun 21 with 2683 viewsboromat

Adshead on 13:39 - Jun 21 by electricblue

Speaking of Hogan QPR are interested in taking him on a season long loan....

I was thinking Sheffield United might want him permanently but maybe they're not prepared to pay Villa's price tag.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Adshead on 15:16 - Jun 21 with 2604 viewsdingdangblue

Adshead on 14:07 - Jun 21 by boromat

I was thinking Sheffield United might want him permanently but maybe they're not prepared to pay Villa's price tag.

We wont make any more 'sell on' from Hogan now as those deals are based of profit and no one is going to spend more than the 9 million that Villa bought him for. Hopefully we got something for Villa's promotion to the Prem. (A percentage of what Brentford received). Dawson is the most likely one. If he goes for anywhere around 10 million then we are laughing.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Adshead on 16:33 - Jun 21 with 2514 viewsJumeirahDale

Adshead on 15:16 - Jun 21 by dingdangblue

We wont make any more 'sell on' from Hogan now as those deals are based of profit and no one is going to spend more than the 9 million that Villa bought him for. Hopefully we got something for Villa's promotion to the Prem. (A percentage of what Brentford received). Dawson is the most likely one. If he goes for anywhere around 10 million then we are laughing.

Re: Dawson; absolutely DDB. In addition, whilst we can speculate about whether Dan A. is a future star or not, fact is that Craig has proved time and time again that he's a Premier League quality centre half, and should be there on merit. Regardless of whether we get a cut, and how much it is,If he isn't lining up in a PL starting XI next season then our domestic football setup has gone wrong somewhere.
Adshead on 13:16 - Jun 27 with 2053 viewsfitzochris

Adshead on 23:02 - Jun 20 by fitzochris

One of the most unnecessarily protracted and farcical transfer sagas for a long while.

His agent needs a good talking to.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48712448

Farcical.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Adshead on 13:27 - Jun 27 with 2004 viewsEllDale

I was just about to mention this but you beat me to it!.
Apparently Turnbull needs surgery so presumably must have failed a medical at Celtic.
Adshead on 14:17 - Jun 27 with 1887 viewsfitzochris

Adshead on 13:27 - Jun 27 by EllDale

I was just about to mention this but you beat me to it!.
Apparently Turnbull needs surgery so presumably must have failed a medical at Celtic.

He does - and they won’t pay the bill. However, his agent has lived up to the negative stereotype throughout this whole saga.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024