Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£3.50 pies 18:33 - Jul 21 with 35448 views_dezzy

Scandalous

KHBA

£3.50 pies on 11:49 - Aug 11 with 2564 views100569

£3.50 pies on 19:12 - Jul 26 by D_Alien

I think the point MD is trying to make is that prices have risen because people continue to buy the product and the club are looking for ways to increase income from every source

If the increased income doesn't materialise due to falling sales, they'll have to think again

The simple reason for the increase is "because they can"

I might be wrong, but, am I not right in thinking that the only money to the club from the kiosks is from the franchise the owners pay to it. Therefore income/profits from the products that they sell are kept by the owners ?
£3.50 pies on 12:00 - Aug 11 with 2528 viewsD_Alien

£3.50 pies on 11:49 - Aug 11 by 100569

I might be wrong, but, am I not right in thinking that the only money to the club from the kiosks is from the franchise the owners pay to it. Therefore income/profits from the products that they sell are kept by the owners ?

If the franchise is as described, absolutely, but it doesn't invalidate my point, although it's the franchise that's increasing the prices "because they can"

Further edit: i suggest everyone does as R17ALE and bring their own

[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 12:05]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£3.50 pies on 12:48 - Aug 11 with 2438 viewsSandyman

They lost me as a customer when the pie quality went down and the price went up to a ridiculous £2.80. A 25% price increase won't win anyone back! This catering contract needs a serious looking at.
£3.50 pies on 13:07 - Aug 11 with 2396 viewsSandyDrum

I used to get a pie at half time every game as a ritual but I wont be bothering this season after the reviews I've heard.
I'm also not paying £3.50 for one, or £1.60 for a chocolate bar.

**Edited for incorrect information, apologies**
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 15:31]

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

£3.50 pies on 13:12 - Aug 11 with 2388 viewsDalenet

£3.50 pies on 11:49 - Aug 11 by 100569

I think you are wrong

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/january/dale-welcome-new-kiosk-catering-

When we announced the new partner it was stated that all profits stay within the club. This is a "not for profit" business so there is something wrong somewhere. Either the club is telling porkies to the Trust on who is setting the prices, or the costs of running the kiosks is so high that they can't make it pay. Either way, it isn't working. Can we ask Morecambe FC to provide our catering services. They make award winning food, at lower prices and make a profit.
£3.50 pies on 13:17 - Aug 11 with 2371 viewsSuddenLad

Not for profit ???

Go and get 4 Hollands pies for £2 a pack at Farmfoods and sell them. Sell them at £1 each and make 100% profit. The catering is abysmal and smacks of profiteering.

Whoever runs it and whatever the ins and outs, it wants binning and a whole new set of ideas brought to it. There is no justification for charging £3.50 per pie or £1.60 for a chocolate bar.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

£3.50 pies on 13:22 - Aug 11 with 2349 viewsflyerdale

£3.50 pies on 13:07 - Aug 11 by SandyDrum

I used to get a pie at half time every game as a ritual but I wont be bothering this season after the reviews I've heard.
I'm also not paying £3.50 for one, or £1.60 for a chocolate bar.

**Edited for incorrect information, apologies**
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 15:31]

No your very wrong.
£3.50 pies on 13:28 - Aug 11 with 2332 viewsJames1980

Do the current caterers make the pies or just buy them in and reheat them? Is it particularly difficult to change supplier if they do buy them?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

£3.50 pies on 13:28 - Aug 11 with 2330 viewsDalenet

£3.50 pies on 13:17 - Aug 11 by SuddenLad

Not for profit ???

Go and get 4 Hollands pies for £2 a pack at Farmfoods and sell them. Sell them at £1 each and make 100% profit. The catering is abysmal and smacks of profiteering.

Whoever runs it and whatever the ins and outs, it wants binning and a whole new set of ideas brought to it. There is no justification for charging £3.50 per pie or £1.60 for a chocolate bar.

Exactly the point I am making. The partner is a "not for profit" business and the club was clear that any profits made will be retained by the club. So my hypothesis is that the club is determining the pricing in order to improve their take.

The issue that may need explaining is that at the time of the change there was a claim that £20,000 was needed to bring the kiosks and equipment up to standard. Are we now paying for that investment in the day to day pricing.

The club has a recent history or reversing its decisions when the fans revolt. Remember the first season after David B joined the board and season tickets rises were stupidly high. They backed down and had to reverse them the following season. They closed the Carlsberg Lounge to all but Pearl Street ticket holders last season and have now reversed that decision. I fully expect them to reverse the price changes in the kiosks when takings fall to next to nothing and the partner walks away.
£3.50 pies on 14:26 - Aug 11 with 2235 viewsjudd

£3.50 pies on 13:28 - Aug 11 by Dalenet

Exactly the point I am making. The partner is a "not for profit" business and the club was clear that any profits made will be retained by the club. So my hypothesis is that the club is determining the pricing in order to improve their take.

The issue that may need explaining is that at the time of the change there was a claim that £20,000 was needed to bring the kiosks and equipment up to standard. Are we now paying for that investment in the day to day pricing.

The club has a recent history or reversing its decisions when the fans revolt. Remember the first season after David B joined the board and season tickets rises were stupidly high. They backed down and had to reverse them the following season. They closed the Carlsberg Lounge to all but Pearl Street ticket holders last season and have now reversed that decision. I fully expect them to reverse the price changes in the kiosks when takings fall to next to nothing and the partner walks away.

Jesus, I hadn't realised how many dreadful decisions have had to be reversed in recent seasons, perhaps the biggest being the pathetic gala dinner with fookin carriages.

Poll: What is it to be then?

£3.50 pies on 14:26 - Aug 11 with 2234 viewsSandyman

There was also the Town Hall "event" with its "carriages" .
£3.50 pies on 14:28 - Aug 11 with 2225 views442Dale

Good information in the link you provided earlier and it doesn’t marry up with what’s been said earlier in the thread.

At the moment all we know is the following:

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/20
<<“Discussions took place regarding a response from the Trust to the changes in pricing at the kiosks at the ground. A number of members and supporters had contacted the Trust following Sunday’s game. Contact had been made with the club on Sunday. The club had replied and we discussed how we would follow up on this.“>>

What was the club’s reply and when will it be made public to supporters?
What was the result of the discussion of how the Trust would follow up on this?

As per the commitment to increase communication between the Trust and its members (see this season’s Trust Mission Statement on their leaflets), please could answers to these questions/clarity of the situation as it stands at present be made on the Trust site so as not to repeat the same issues after each game? Apologies if this has been done already or the information is about to go out later today/tomorrow.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£3.50 pies on 14:28 - Aug 11 with 2223 viewsD_Alien

Staying with the R17ALE theme, the best way to deal with these attempts to treat fans with contempt is THE TWO-FINGERED SALUTE

[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 14:29]

£3.50 pies on 15:04 - Aug 11 with 2154 viewsjudd

I notice those pesky tyres haven't been skipped as promised and have now been joined by pallets.

£3.50 pies on 15:30 - Aug 11 with 2118 viewsSandyDrum

£3.50 pies on 13:22 - Aug 11 by flyerdale

No your very wrong.

No problem, apologies for the confusion, I've been misinformed!

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

£3.50 pies on 17:43 - Aug 11 with 1958 viewsrochdale_ranger

Had a cottage pie yesterday. The mash in it was like wallpaper paste.
£3.50 pies on 18:05 - Aug 11 with 1923 viewsblackdogblue

£3.50 pies on 17:43 - Aug 11 by rochdale_ranger

Had a cottage pie yesterday. The mash in it was like wallpaper paste.

I noticed they are not Clayton ones like last year.

Bought the wife a Cheese & Onion pasty & to be honest wasn’t that bad & a damn site better than last years.

To be honest, if the quality improved would be worth the extra. If they brought back the old proper sausages in the hotdogs with some onions, would happily pay £3.50 for one.

It’s hard to find decent match day food at most grounds.. saying that a pie deal at Dale is probably cheaper than a bottle of beer at Utd or City & heard someone moaning about £5 a can of Carlsberg at a concert in the MEN...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

£3.50 pies on 18:14 - Aug 11 with 1905 viewschalky_ncfc

I can't believe that this thread has reached page five and I suspected that the original "pie" subject had gone astray onto another subject as threads often do but no... It's still about bleedin pies

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

£3.50 pies on 18:22 - Aug 11 with 1880 viewsD_Alien

£3.50 pies on 18:14 - Aug 11 by chalky_ncfc

I can't believe that this thread has reached page five and I suspected that the original "pie" subject had gone astray onto another subject as threads often do but no... It's still about bleedin pies

Continuing the theme - great start to non-league life for the magpies

£3.50 pies on 18:27 - Aug 11 with 1861 viewsMolly

Chalky lad. You must understand that "pies" are central to northen culture. The foundations of Blackpool tower are built on pies. The Wars of the Roses were really fought over which county had the better pies . The staple diet of Wigan Athletic (also known as the "Pie-eaters") is....yes you've guessed it.
I tell you chalky this thread will make "Tomorrow can't come quick enough " fade into insignificance. 1000 pages at least.
£3.50 pies on 18:28 - Aug 11 with 1851 viewsjudd

Fook off, chalky

£3.50 pies on 18:29 - Aug 11 with 1847 viewschalky_ncfc

£3.50 pies on 18:22 - Aug 11 by D_Alien

Continuing the theme - great start to non-league life for the magpies

I said pre season that a mid table finish would be an achievement,half of the team only met each other two weeks ago and barely know each others names

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

£3.50 pies on 18:39 - Aug 11 with 1820 viewsThe_Knightowl

£3.50 pies on 18:29 - Aug 11 by chalky_ncfc

I said pre season that a mid table finish would be an achievement,half of the team only met each other two weeks ago and barely know each others names

Potato has only just met meat?
Will steak claim a place?
I kidney not !
£3.50 pies on 19:08 - Aug 11 with 1763 viewsblackdogblue

£3.50 pies on 18:29 - Aug 11 by chalky_ncfc

Big ask that Chalky based on performances to date.

York City said the same 😀

Anyway, what’s the low down if catering at your place?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

£3.50 pies on 19:19 - Aug 11 with 1733 viewsfitzochris

£3.50 pies on 15:04 - Aug 11 by judd

I notice those pesky tyres haven't been skipped as promised and have now been joined by pallets.

Wasn’t there an assurance this would be dealt with?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024