Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boston (H) - Match Thread 09:19 - Nov 29 with 25231 viewsAtThePeake

Match Preview:

Match Preview: Dale vs Boston United (FA Cup) 28th Nov 2019 15:00
Dale look to the FA Cup to provide a welcome distraction from their dreadful League One form on Sunday as they welcome sixth-tier Boston United to Spotland. 2

Played for Both:

Played For Both: Dale v Boston United 28th Nov 2019 09:00
This weeks’ Played For Both is one that is tinged with sadness as we take a look back at the late Ernie Cooksey. 0

Refwatch:

Refwatch: Dale v Boston United (FA Cup) 29th Nov 2019 09:00
Dean Whitestone is the man in the middle for Dale’s FA Cup second round tie versus Boston United on Sunday. 0

Boston Forum: http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/forum/index.php?board=1.0

Tangled up in blue.

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:40 - Dec 1 with 2385 viewsDale23years

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:32 - Dec 1 by Shun

A lot of overreactions on here. Have you never seen a cup tie before? Up and down the leagues the lesser side will always show more fight and passion than their opponents because it’s a one-off game to show they’re better than their position suggests. More often than not the higher team’s skill will show and they’ll win, as happened against Wrexham. When have we ever put in a genuinely good performance against a lower league side, even when we were good? I certainly can’t remember any. It’s not Rochdale-specific, it’s the nature of the cup.

We weren’t great, but it wasn’t a disaster. People saying Boston ‘dominated’ us are having their views distorted by the fact that they’re a few leagues below us and we should be beating them. But take that match as a one-off game between two teams whose league you’re not aware of and we just edged it. Sanchez literally only had two saves to make all game, and both within a few minutes of each other.

We edge it WE DREW AGAINST A PART TIME NON LEAGUE TEAM WHO'S KEEPER MADE 2 SAVES ALL GAME.THEY HAD MORE SKILL MORE PASSION MORE EVERYTHING THAN US, but it ok we our keeper only had 2 saves to make

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:43 - Dec 1 with 2342 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:38 - Dec 1 by SunningDale

Of course you mean you. You're not the only one who makes a sacrifice to travel and watch the team but you're the only one who has to let everybody know they're doing it.

Unnecessary post, why bother, you bitter person

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:43 - Dec 1 with 2333 viewsDale23years

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:35 - Dec 1 by sweetcorn

Quell surprise, dale23years posts something negative. Put yourself in the bin

Show me something positive from our performance or BBM and I'll post it

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:45 - Dec 1 with 2313 viewsBlueBirdBarrow

Barrow fan here.

You seem to be doing not very well with Barry Murphy. Your club refused to pay the small compensation fee for Ian Evatt last season and we're glad for that.

He signed a new contract with us and we are top of our division. Could be playing you next season.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:47 - Dec 1 with 2242 viewsD_Alien

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:45 - Dec 1 by BlueBirdBarrow

Barrow fan here.

You seem to be doing not very well with Barry Murphy. Your club refused to pay the small compensation fee for Ian Evatt last season and we're glad for that.

He signed a new contract with us and we are top of our division. Could be playing you next season.

It's always good to see former league clubs making their way back in, especially after many years out

Who knows, we may find ourselves in that position, so best of luck

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:50 - Dec 1 with 2197 viewsShun

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:40 - Dec 1 by Dale23years

We edge it WE DREW AGAINST A PART TIME NON LEAGUE TEAM WHO'S KEEPER MADE 2 SAVES ALL GAME.THEY HAD MORE SKILL MORE PASSION MORE EVERYTHING THAN US, but it ok we our keeper only had 2 saves to make

Completely missed the point, as expected.

Is it fun being this miserable all the time?
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:52 - Dec 1 with 2167 viewsIOMDale

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:45 - Dec 1 by BlueBirdBarrow

Barrow fan here.

It’s easy to look back with hindsight and think that the board made a massive error but we genuinely did seem to turn a corner under BBM and he deserved the full-time position.

Time will tell whether that was the right call; I’m not willing to judge until he’s given a fair crack of the whip in terms of investment and backing.

Good luck to Barrow this season.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 16:57]

UTDNFS

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:54 - Dec 1 with 2150 viewsDale23years

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:50 - Dec 1 by Shun

Completely missed the point, as expected.

Is it fun being this miserable all the time?

What point have I've missed, your trying to justify our performance cause we are playing a non league team really fcuking really???

Login to get fewer ads

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:54 - Dec 1 with 2135 viewssweetcorn

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:36 - Dec 1 by rochdaleriddler

If you went, you would struggle to be positive

I was at the game, but I realise the scenario we're in. I said last season our team is terrible, yourself and others insisted it was the manager, turns out I was proven to be right, as they're just as shit now.

I also campaigned for most players to be released and was again shouted down, we should have had a overhaul, as these players have had enough chances.

Any call for BBM out is dumb, the players he's recruited in the main have been good, his only mistake is showing faith in so many from last season (if he even had a choice in the matter).

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:58 - Dec 1 with 2078 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:54 - Dec 1 by sweetcorn

I was at the game, but I realise the scenario we're in. I said last season our team is terrible, yourself and others insisted it was the manager, turns out I was proven to be right, as they're just as shit now.

I also campaigned for most players to be released and was again shouted down, we should have had a overhaul, as these players have had enough chances.

Any call for BBM out is dumb, the players he's recruited in the main have been good, his only mistake is showing faith in so many from last season (if he even had a choice in the matter).

I’m not calling for the managers head, although people get sacked for less. The rot set in with Hill, BBM worked wonders to keep us up, we would have gone down with Hill. Our squad is now unbalanced , and simply not good enough. However, 2/3 good additions will fix it, I’m not holding my breath however

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:59 - Dec 1 with 2056 viewssweetcorn

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:43 - Dec 1 by Dale23years

Show me something positive from our performance or BBM and I'll post it

You've never posted anything positive you miserable nob.

If we win you go into hiding

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:59 - Dec 1 with 2049 viewsSuddenLad

It's a long, long time since I saw a performance such as that today. Devoid of energy, ideas, urgency, passion and tactics.

It's obvious that BBM needs some help to get players in who can affect the performances. Watching players strolling about with apparently no attacking intent is mind numbingly boring.

Utter garbage and if the CEO and his cohorts don't realise that investment is needed, then they are not fit for the posts they hold.

Boston deserve their replay. If we play like that again, we deserve to be beaten. Shocking.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:00 - Dec 1 with 2033 viewsfitzochris

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:58 - Dec 1 by rochdaleriddler

I’m not calling for the managers head, although people get sacked for less. The rot set in with Hill, BBM worked wonders to keep us up, we would have gone down with Hill. Our squad is now unbalanced , and simply not good enough. However, 2/3 good additions will fix it, I’m not holding my breath however

Sadly, I think it’s now gone beyond simply adding players.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:01 - Dec 1 with 2022 viewsmightydale

What your opinion on retaining Done Alby and getting Pyke back on loan, all been down to BBM

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:01 - Dec 1 with 2018 viewsCreepy

On the plus side, we’re in the draw and the replay might be on tv 👍
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:02 - Dec 1 with 1998 viewssweetcorn

The BBM out was referring to the multiple posters who have said it in this thread.

It's unbalanced, but also not very good. Players like camps have had their chance, time they moved on.

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:02 - Dec 1 with 1994 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:00 - Dec 1 by fitzochris

Sadly, I think it’s now gone beyond simply adding players.

Maybe, but an attacking midfielder a striker and a fit capable centre half wouldn’t hinder!

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:04 - Dec 1 with 1976 viewsfitzochris

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:02 - Dec 1 by rochdaleriddler

Maybe, but an attacking midfielder a striker and a fit capable centre half wouldn’t hinder!

They were needed at the start of the season.

Now there appears to be a lethargy over everything to do with the club - a poor mindset thing. It’ll take a lot of work to put that right.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:05 - Dec 1 with 1951 viewskiwidale

Results have been awful the performances are worse than awful. We have been out played three times in the last few weeks by non league teams using a style of play that isn't working. BBM is becoming more like his mentor Hill as the weeks go by, inflexible and stubborn seemingly believing that repeating what doesn't work will with repetition bring results. I expected us to get beaten today and I expect we will lose the replay. We are seemingly in disarray off the pitch and in free fall on it. BBM will not see the season out unless he changes the turgid football on show, Im not suggesting gerrit forrad is the answer what I am suggesting is what many can see that tippy tappy, to me to you, is not the answer... Respect to Parkins for saying it first.

This is not the time for bickering.

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:05 - Dec 1 with 1947 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:02 - Dec 1 by sweetcorn

The BBM out was referring to the multiple posters who have said it in this thread.

It's unbalanced, but also not very good. Players like camps have had their chance, time they moved on.

Agree

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:06 - Dec 1 with 1941 viewsfunkkk

Could it be possible that Hill deserved to go and that BBM should only ever have been considered a temporary appointment?

The bounce from Hill leaving and BBM coming in and keeping things simple kept us up. Doesn’t mean he’s the long term solution. Neither were/are getting the best out the players...🤷🏼‍♂️
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 17:09]
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:07 - Dec 1 with 1924 viewsRAFCBLUE

I think it’s something like 30 goals scores in 28 home games in 2019 in all competitions.

Take out 5 vs Bolton’s kids and 3 in a home loss to Wimbledon and it becomes 22 goals in 26 home games.

An awful statistic and stinking home performances under two separate managers do nothing to inspire fans.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:13 - Dec 1 with 1845 viewsRochdale_ger

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:06 - Dec 1 by funkkk

Could it be possible that Hill deserved to go and that BBM should only ever have been considered a temporary appointment?

The bounce from Hill leaving and BBM coming in and keeping things simple kept us up. Doesn’t mean he’s the long term solution. Neither were/are getting the best out the players...🤷🏼‍♂️
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 17:09]

Bottomley went from saying we were going with BBM on a temp basis to saying we were interviewing candidates from across Europe to going on to say that we were appointing him as a full time appointment all in the space of three days while informing us that he is indeed in charge. The blokes winging it.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:14 - Dec 1 with 1816 viewsjpresto

At least BBM has the balls to admit we played badly in his post match interview
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:16 - Dec 1 with 1793 viewsmightydale

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:14 - Dec 1 by jpresto

At least BBM has the balls to admit we played badly in his post match interview

The grin on his face says it all

#fcukingdisgrace

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024