Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boston (H) - Match Thread 09:19 - Nov 29 with 25463 viewsAtThePeake

Match Preview:

Match Preview: Dale vs Boston United (FA Cup) 28th Nov 2019 15:00
Dale look to the FA Cup to provide a welcome distraction from their dreadful League One form on Sunday as they welcome sixth-tier Boston United to Spotland. 2

Played for Both:

Played For Both: Dale v Boston United 28th Nov 2019 09:00
This weeks’ Played For Both is one that is tinged with sadness as we take a look back at the late Ernie Cooksey. 0

Refwatch:

Refwatch: Dale v Boston United (FA Cup) 29th Nov 2019 09:00
Dean Whitestone is the man in the middle for Dale’s FA Cup second round tie versus Boston United on Sunday. 0

Boston Forum: http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/forum/index.php?board=1.0

Tangled up in blue.

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:24 - Dec 1 with 2780 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:18 - Dec 1 by SuddenLad

He couldn't really say much else. It was there for all to see. Any comments trying to defend that showing would have been laughable.

Feel a bit sorry for BBM having to churn out the same stuff week in week out....he looks slightly bemused to start with....

At least he's excited about the replay.......Boston will have Waghorn back.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:24 - Dec 1 with 2761 viewsD_Alien

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:19 - Dec 1 by rochdaleriddler

Just in flyer, suggested they change the name of Spotland Gold to Brown

Or golden brown?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:25 - Dec 1 with 2773 views49thseason

The whole club is rudderless, there is zero leaderhip on or off the pitch. No fear has been replaced by total risk aversion. There is no pace, no strength, no trickery, no entertainment. Whats the point?

This ship is sinking, inch by inch, game by game, backpass by backpass. Gold bond sellers are quitting, it seems like "cant be arsed" is the new club motto at every level.

Its time to stop digging holes and admit that the system isnt working and will not work with these players, there are no extra points for most passes. Goals are all that matter, one more per game than the opposition, everything else is just useless froth.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:32 - Dec 1 with 2717 viewsinthenet

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:25 - Dec 1 by 49thseason

The whole club is rudderless, there is zero leaderhip on or off the pitch. No fear has been replaced by total risk aversion. There is no pace, no strength, no trickery, no entertainment. Whats the point?

This ship is sinking, inch by inch, game by game, backpass by backpass. Gold bond sellers are quitting, it seems like "cant be arsed" is the new club motto at every level.

Its time to stop digging holes and admit that the system isnt working and will not work with these players, there are no extra points for most passes. Goals are all that matter, one more per game than the opposition, everything else is just useless froth.

The club has lost all its pride ... what a utter shambles that was today hang your heads in shame Directors players and staff , to have the **** taken out of us by a team of that level no excuses !!

Rastrickblue

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:33 - Dec 1 with 2711 viewsRochdale_ger

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:10 - Dec 1 by Thacks_Rabbits

Way out of line that. I would not spend probably the best part of £150 quid and waste a whole day to watch the turgid dogshite we offer up.

Fair play to James for bothering, I watched the South Africa t20 I am so disillusioned with what’s going on currently.

I’ve was sat at home reading cancer ward by Solzhenitsyn. Far more upbeat then today’s performance I would imagine.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:38 - Dec 1 with 2670 viewsSandyman

Post-match inquest over a few beers and we looked back at the many difficultites that RAFC has had over many years. We've called for several managers to be sacked. We've never called for the board or even a board member to be sacked. This current set of charlatans, the invisible (chair)man and the CEO who could not wait to be near a BBC camera today, we look at them and think, they aren't doing anything positive for RAFC and one of them is on a decent wage for the privilege.
Sack the board.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:38 - Dec 1 with 2670 viewstodmordendale

Someone commented during the game that if you were a neutral who did not know which team was the higher ranked, then it was so obvious that the team in yellow were the league one outfit. Outclassed today by a team 3 divisions below us.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:40 - Dec 1 with 2641 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:33 - Dec 1 by Rochdale_ger

I’ve was sat at home reading cancer ward by Solzhenitsyn. Far more upbeat then today’s performance I would imagine.

I tried reading him, fair play, a tough read

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:41 - Dec 1 with 2637 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Tbh I would sooner watch nil by mouth than Rochdale and I can do that for free!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:49 - Dec 1 with 2568 viewsinthenet

I back you on that ,I won’t be watching that load of crap again .... Directors take note I lot of people won’t be lining your pockets anymore.

Rastrickblue

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:57 - Dec 1 with 2515 viewsdeeplishblue

Well I swerved the game today so dont have the right to comment on it. What I will say is I think that we were lucky to stay up last season. I would give more credit to andy lonergan than BBM for us managing to stay up. IMHO our performances didn't improve - but our results did with a great deal of luck attached.

For me the writing was on the wall after the Blackpool and Lincoln games turgid negative tactics near unwatchable. Funnily enough our best performances were in defeat Sunderland and wycombe.

If we could afford it I would pay off BBM and give somebody else a go

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 19:24 - Dec 1 with 2391 viewsmingthemerciless

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 15:24 - Dec 1 by Cleedale

FC United for starters?...

I remember Altrincham and Bangor in the old days but there have been others.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 19:25 - Dec 1 with 2366 viewsD_Alien

Hi rochdaleranger

The "then" gives it away (the name makes it obvious in retrospect)

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 19:31 - Dec 1 with 2316 viewsDiddyDave

I think the loss of the two Ethans from last season is very much apparent. OK they were loanees,but they saved our bacon and should`ve been priority signings for this season. Shrewsbury snaffled the defender pretty smartly,but the other lad,Hamilton,would`ve walked from Manchester to Rochdale had Dale gone in for him instead twiddling thumbs. That`s why we are where we are,a National Division side somehow finding ourselves in Championship I.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 19:33 - Dec 1 with 2299 viewsAtThePeake

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:57 - Dec 1 by deeplishblue

Well I swerved the game today so dont have the right to comment on it. What I will say is I think that we were lucky to stay up last season. I would give more credit to andy lonergan than BBM for us managing to stay up. IMHO our performances didn't improve - but our results did with a great deal of luck attached.

For me the writing was on the wall after the Blackpool and Lincoln games turgid negative tactics near unwatchable. Funnily enough our best performances were in defeat Sunderland and wycombe.

If we could afford it I would pay off BBM and give somebody else a go

Would also add Hamilton and Ebanks-Landell alongside Lonergan. Good players who have been missed this season, but it seems to that BBM's hands are tied I'm afraid. I didn't agree with keeping Wilbraham in the summer but judging by his comments on the UndrTheCosh podcast he took a hefty wage cut to stay on. That suggests to me that he was the best option BBM had available to him with a tiny budget and any financially viable replacement wouldn't have been as good, which is really worrying. That must mean we have a lower-end League Two budget at best. And if that's the case I'm struggling to criticise BBM's overall tenure so far given that we're currently 16th in the league despite quite a serious injury crisis. (That's not an excuse for today's performance which was an aberration).

I can't really get my head around it. I'm sure Hill's compensation money has set us back a bit, but with the money we made from 3 player sales last January, plus the Dawson sell-on fee, plus the United game, plus the several seemingly positive cash injections we have had before that, how are we in such dire straits?

If it's a case the previous regime was massively overspending then it's a miracle we're still in existence at all given the amount of money that has come into the club in the last few years. I'm not sure how much longer we can survive at all if we need to sell multiple first-team players AND get lucky with a huge away cup draw every calendar year just to break even which seems to be the message from the board when they say we can't invest in this squad in January.

There's no excuse for that performance today. It lacked drive, shape, energy, everything. Even with the injuries and the issues off the field there is no excuse to be had in being outplayed at home by a team from three divisions below - but overall, given the current situation at the club, there isn't a manager out there I'd have any faith in taking us any higher than we are right now. I still think if we can swap a few of Done/Andrew/Wilbraham/Lillis/MJ/Dooley and invest in some slightly better additions to the squad in January then we will be absolutely fine but judging by recent comments from the board, that's not a possibility. You'd have to expect the budget will be cut even more should we suffer a relegation - we could be heading into some really dark times at this football club if the board's recent comments are to be believed.

Tangled up in blue.

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 19:39 - Dec 1 with 2246 viewsAtThePeake

Player Ratings:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/match-ratings/rating/match:6655

Tangled up in blue.

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 19:40 - Dec 1 with 2236 viewsArthurDaley

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 19:24 - Dec 1 by mingthemerciless

I remember Altrincham and Bangor in the old days but there have been others.

Droylsden, Telford, Sacred Heart ( only joking )

A large VAT Dave

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 19:41 - Dec 1 with 2232 viewsRochdale_ger

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 19:33 - Dec 1 by AtThePeake

Would also add Hamilton and Ebanks-Landell alongside Lonergan. Good players who have been missed this season, but it seems to that BBM's hands are tied I'm afraid. I didn't agree with keeping Wilbraham in the summer but judging by his comments on the UndrTheCosh podcast he took a hefty wage cut to stay on. That suggests to me that he was the best option BBM had available to him with a tiny budget and any financially viable replacement wouldn't have been as good, which is really worrying. That must mean we have a lower-end League Two budget at best. And if that's the case I'm struggling to criticise BBM's overall tenure so far given that we're currently 16th in the league despite quite a serious injury crisis. (That's not an excuse for today's performance which was an aberration).

I can't really get my head around it. I'm sure Hill's compensation money has set us back a bit, but with the money we made from 3 player sales last January, plus the Dawson sell-on fee, plus the United game, plus the several seemingly positive cash injections we have had before that, how are we in such dire straits?

If it's a case the previous regime was massively overspending then it's a miracle we're still in existence at all given the amount of money that has come into the club in the last few years. I'm not sure how much longer we can survive at all if we need to sell multiple first-team players AND get lucky with a huge away cup draw every calendar year just to break even which seems to be the message from the board when they say we can't invest in this squad in January.

There's no excuse for that performance today. It lacked drive, shape, energy, everything. Even with the injuries and the issues off the field there is no excuse to be had in being outplayed at home by a team from three divisions below - but overall, given the current situation at the club, there isn't a manager out there I'd have any faith in taking us any higher than we are right now. I still think if we can swap a few of Done/Andrew/Wilbraham/Lillis/MJ/Dooley and invest in some slightly better additions to the squad in January then we will be absolutely fine but judging by recent comments from the board, that's not a possibility. You'd have to expect the budget will be cut even more should we suffer a relegation - we could be heading into some really dark times at this football club if the board's recent comments are to be believed.

People on twitter are calling for Ian Holloway. Where do we get these people.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 19:47 - Dec 1 with 2169 viewsdingdangblue

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:01 - Dec 1 by Creepy

On the plus side, we’re in the draw and the replay might be on tv 👍

I'm not sure the 2nd point is a plus 😲

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 19:48 - Dec 1 with 2168 viewsfinberty

What will be disappointing is to see Hendo play out the remainder of his contract without adding significantly to his tally, before going up with Hill at Bolton for a better contract.

Is he really likely to beat the records of Jenkins and Whitehurst with the way things are, and may remain if investment/overhaul is unlikely?
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 20:06 - Dec 1 with 2040 viewsEllDale

Grantham and Droylsden were the two worst examples that I witnessed personally.
A lot of the individuals who played so well against Sunderland are now totally devoid of confidence.
Don’t ask me how they’ll get it back because I can’t see us winning another game this month and could get a couple of floggings as well.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 20:08 - Dec 1 with 2026 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 19:25 - Dec 1 by D_Alien

Hi rochdaleranger

The "then" gives it away (the name makes it obvious in retrospect)

Yep

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 20:12 - Dec 1 with 1995 viewsrichfoad32

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 19:47 - Dec 1 by dingdangblue

I'm not sure the 2nd point is a plus 😲

Of the 2nd round replays we might be quite high in consideration for TV because of the 'upset' factor. Hartlepool v Exeter also would qualify under this criteria. Plymouth v Brizzle Rovers could be a possible as a West Country derby and Ipswich v Coventry has the 'big' clubs fallen on hard times angle. None of the others look particularly attractive.

The draw for the 3rd round is tomorrow night, if it's a plum tie awaiting the winner it will a very nervy replay.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 20:17 - Dec 1 with 1947 viewsD_Alien

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 20:06 - Dec 1 by EllDale

Grantham and Droylsden were the two worst examples that I witnessed personally.
A lot of the individuals who played so well against Sunderland are now totally devoid of confidence.
Don’t ask me how they’ll get it back because I can’t see us winning another game this month and could get a couple of floggings as well.

Looking at the fixture list is something to be avoided right now

That Grantham game is by far the worst, losing 3-5 in extra time after leading 3-1 at half time, the most abject, gutless, disbelieving performance i've ever witnessed at Spotland

Wasn't there today but it was probably half decent in comparison

[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 20:18]

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 20:24 - Dec 1 with 1906 viewskiwidale

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:25 - Dec 1 by 49thseason

There i far to much sense in your post even a blind man can see it. There are lots of excuses for BBM not the least that the board have hardly thrown him money to recruit however managers are sacked on results not how much they spend. I think its proper to give him time and some money to fix things but his tenure is is on notice. if he cant fix it with a fully fit squad plus some extra quality in the next window I expect he wont see the season out.

This is not the time for bickering.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024