Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SACK THE BOARD 16:32 - Dec 1 with 45077 viewsRAFC1907

Absolutely terrible.

No ambition, robbing fans constantly with overpriced entrance fees for watching garbage.

Garbage created by them for not backing the manager with any money, constantly pocketing it and saying we don't have any.

1600 home fans today says it all.

No wonder we will always be little old Rochdale.

Shambles of a football club.

Poll: Bottomley...

SACK THE BOARD on 20:49 - Dec 1 with 2442 viewsTomRAFC

I couldn't make today. Out of the 4 people I've spoken to about the match, 3 people felt the need to point out a certain CEO hanging around near the dugout/cameras. His conduct, past and present, has become such a focus. The amount of level headed people with growing concerns is a concern in and of itself.

It's clear from the responses on club Facebook/twitter posts that there are unhappy fans. If there is no reassuring information then maybe a change might be a sensible idea.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

SACK THE BOARD on 20:51 - Dec 1 with 2429 viewsjudd

SACK THE BOARD on 20:47 - Dec 1 by RAFCBLUE

And the distance kept by Chris Dunphy and Bill Goodwin since stepping down from the Board.

Do they still comes to games?

I would have hoped that Dunphy was made a Life President immediately and at the very least.

Poll: What is it to be then?

SACK THE BOARD on 20:53 - Dec 1 with 2415 viewsjudd

SACK THE BOARD on 20:48 - Dec 1 by RAFC1907

Absolutely spot on.

Where has this money gone?

If we are only paying peanuts on the mortgage for the ground then what's happening with the rest of the money?

Programmes, goldbond, alcohol, merchandise, away fans, those that pay into home games all creates revenue.

Where's all todays cup revenue gone to? Seen as its all extra revenue being in round 2, or are we just going to pretend we haven't made any again?

No doubt its all undisclosed.

Goldbond goes on the youth development side, or as is now, the subs bench.

The new lotto pays 20% to a cancer charity.

SACK THE BOARD on 20:54 - Dec 1 with 2402 viewsRAFCBLUE

SACK THE BOARD on 20:51 - Dec 1 by judd

I would have hoped that Dunphy was made a Life President immediately and at the very least.

Not listed here:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/club/whos-who/

Conspicuous by their absence.

Dunphy did over 30 years as much as others noted as ’Life Vice Presidents’

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

SACK THE BOARD on 20:56 - Dec 1 with 2384 viewsjudd

SACK THE BOARD on 20:54 - Dec 1 by RAFCBLUE

Not listed here:

Cheers..

SACK THE BOARD on 21:04 - Dec 1 with 2314 viewsDaleiLama

SACK THE BOARD on 17:27 - Dec 1 by dawlishdale

Don't think anyone can honestly suggest that the board are pocketing money from the club, although one of them now earns a good wage from the club whilst seemingly upsetting a percentage of the supporters.
What annoys me is the blatant cost cutting on the squad..coupled with claims by our CEO in the media that the Man united windfall of nearly £500k will only keep us going for 2 to 3 months. If you add to this the horrible price rises on almost every other possible match day cost and it leaves one feeling almost raped in supporting the club.

Why ?

Are we preparing for relegation?

I'm hearing that season ticket prices are set to rise next year...which will surely lead to hundreds...if not more walking away for ever.

Higher prices for lower league football potentially? Genius. Lost 5 league games on the bounce and struggled against teams 2 and 3 tiers below us. Dont see this festive season being full of peace and goodwill to all men at this rate.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

SACK THE BOARD on 21:04 - Dec 1 with 2311 viewsboromat

I think the comments about Matheson being sold in the summer are a bit 'optimistic'. He'll go in January I reckon. We've also said for a while on here it's probably Camps opportunity to leave if an offer comes in.

Not sure where this will leave us as January isn't the best window to recruit on the cheap.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

SACK THE BOARD on 21:07 - Dec 1 with 2295 viewsjudd

SACK THE BOARD on 21:04 - Dec 1 by DaleiLama

Higher prices for lower league football potentially? Genius. Lost 5 league games on the bounce and struggled against teams 2 and 3 tiers below us. Dont see this festive season being full of peace and goodwill to all men at this rate.

Well it is all hypothetical at the moment.

Surely there are other means to enhance income than price increases in an overcrowded competitive entertainment market?

Fans are not mugs.

Login to get fewer ads

SACK THE BOARD on 21:08 - Dec 1 with 2285 viewsTomRAFC

SACK THE BOARD on 21:04 - Dec 1 by boromat

I think the comments about Matheson being sold in the summer are a bit 'optimistic'. He'll go in January I reckon. We've also said for a while on here it's probably Camps opportunity to leave if an offer comes in.

Not sure where this will leave us as January isn't the best window to recruit on the cheap.

Suggesting any kind of intent to recruit isn't just optimistic, it's a bit of a way away from what the board said to the trust.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 21:09]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

SACK THE BOARD on 21:15 - Dec 1 with 2241 viewsTalkingSutty

SACK THE BOARD on 20:54 - Dec 1 by RAFCBLUE

Not listed here:

Neither Chris Dunphy or Bill Goodwin will ever set foot in the Stadium again while the people now running the Club are in charge...that was the exact answer I received when I asked one of them if they will still be attending games. To the best of my knowledge they have been true to their word. I know for a fact that both miss the Club terribly but should circumstances change then they would make themselves available to help in anyway that they could. That shouldn’t come as a surprise though because they are lifelong Dale fans.
As a fanbase we are very passive and the majority just accept everything that they are told by those running the Club, if they are told that there is no money or that the departure of our Chairman and Director was amicable then they will just accept it. It’s what Bury fans did, just lap up everything that those running the Club told them.
SACK THE BOARD on 21:18 - Dec 1 with 2223 viewsnordenblue

SACK THE BOARD on 21:07 - Dec 1 by judd

Well it is all hypothetical at the moment.

Surely there are other means to enhance income than price increases in an overcrowded competitive entertainment market?

Fans are not mugs.

Did someone mention mugs....in fact when are Sunderland back in town,just so some of our very own fans can play musical chairs around the ground again.
SACK THE BOARD on 21:20 - Dec 1 with 2209 viewsYorkshire_Dale

SACK THE BOARD on 18:53 - Dec 1 by judd

Absolutely spot on analysis.

I would suggest that there is a HUGE reliance on Matheson being sold for millions in the summer.

A strategy based on a house of straws.

It's a dodgy strategy though....how can Luke Matheson thrive (and increase his value accordingly) in this team of cloggers and the way in which they are instructed to play?
SACK THE BOARD on 21:22 - Dec 1 with 2191 viewsjudd

SACK THE BOARD on 21:15 - Dec 1 by TalkingSutty

Neither Chris Dunphy or Bill Goodwin will ever set foot in the Stadium again while the people now running the Club are in charge...that was the exact answer I received when I asked one of them if they will still be attending games. To the best of my knowledge they have been true to their word. I know for a fact that both miss the Club terribly but should circumstances change then they would make themselves available to help in anyway that they could. That shouldn’t come as a surprise though because they are lifelong Dale fans.
As a fanbase we are very passive and the majority just accept everything that they are told by those running the Club, if they are told that there is no money or that the departure of our Chairman and Director was amicable then they will just accept it. It’s what Bury fans did, just lap up everything that those running the Club told them.

Reading that about CD, who particularly credited BG with sorting the stadium ownership out, really fookin grates with me.

SACK THE BOARD on 21:23 - Dec 1 with 2179 viewsSI_Blue

Well said TalkingSutty!

Backs Against The Wall Since 1907

SACK THE BOARD on 21:27 - Dec 1 with 2151 viewsSuddenLad

SACK THE BOARD on 21:22 - Dec 1 by judd

Reading that about CD, who particularly credited BG with sorting the stadium ownership out, really fookin grates with me.

.....and me. It's a scandal that we're where we are now, both on and off the field. The change in the club hierarchy was the signal for the doom that everyone predicted it would be.

After all, our 'natural' level is the Conference. Though I didn't expect it to be a race to get there..

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

SACK THE BOARD on 21:30 - Dec 1 with 2140 viewsfitzochris

SACK THE BOARD on 21:27 - Dec 1 by SuddenLad

.....and me. It's a scandal that we're where we are now, both on and off the field. The change in the club hierarchy was the signal for the doom that everyone predicted it would be.

After all, our 'natural' level is the Conference. Though I didn't expect it to be a race to get there..

I think those of us who have spoken to CD since his departure have heard a whole host of things along this theme.

It’s very sad.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

SACK THE BOARD on 21:33 - Dec 1 with 2118 viewsTalkingSutty

SACK THE BOARD on 21:22 - Dec 1 by judd

Yes, Bill Goodwin went the extra mile in securing the Stadium.
SACK THE BOARD on 21:33 - Dec 1 with 2113 viewsYouTubeDale

“Neither Chris Dunphy or Bill Goodwin will ever set foot in the Stadium again while the people now running the Club are in charge.”

Therefore we need to identify exactly what is wrong with the people running the club,it can’t be just jealousy that others have got the job it must be some big objectionable reasons. Do we know those reasons or are we guessing? Are those reasons so serious to warrant fan pressure to sack the board? Or is it just a case of just a different way of going about things; some like chocolate others like vanilla ?
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 21:36]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

SACK THE BOARD on 21:35 - Dec 1 with 2097 viewsnordenblue

Absolutely spot on TS and goes along with exactly what I heard straight after CD "stepped down", the very things/problems ahead predicted back then are all dropping into place now, the various posters off this forum I had contact with at the time shared these concerns too.
We're in troubled waters and the captain may as well be sat on a deck chair with a blindfold on.
SACK THE BOARD on 21:42 - Dec 1 with 2050 viewsjudd

SACK THE BOARD on 21:33 - Dec 1 by YouTubeDale

“Neither Chris Dunphy or Bill Goodwin will ever set foot in the Stadium again while the people now running the Club are in charge.”

Therefore we need to identify exactly what is wrong with the people running the club,it can’t be just jealousy that others have got the job it must be some big objectionable reasons. Do we know those reasons or are we guessing? Are those reasons so serious to warrant fan pressure to sack the board? Or is it just a case of just a different way of going about things; some like chocolate others like vanilla ?
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 21:36]

It's about results, I guess.

There appears to be an influx of strong opinion going back 3 or 4 years that everything the club did off the field was shit and needed to change now. Lots of change at all levels of the organisation, all virtually at once.

This apparent thinking won the day and look at how much we have improved - probably going further backwards under this manager, whole swathes of disenfranchised fans and agents, photo opportunities disguised as MOU signings, Manu in the cup just not good enough etc, etc.

Japanese Knotweed FC.

SACK THE BOARD on 21:51 - Dec 1 with 1983 viewsDorislove

That first line is probably one of the most depressing football related comments i have read on this board ,i hope this isnt true but knowing TS i think it may well be.
SACK THE BOARD on 21:52 - Dec 1 with 1970 viewsfitzochris

SACK THE BOARD on 21:51 - Dec 1 by Dorislove

That first line is probably one of the most depressing football related comments i have read on this board ,i hope this isnt true but knowing TS i think it may well be.

It’s 100% true, sadly.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

SACK THE BOARD on 21:55 - Dec 1 with 1939 viewsjudd

SACK THE BOARD on 21:51 - Dec 1 by Dorislove

I reckon it is even worse than that.

SACK THE BOARD on 22:00 - Dec 1 with 1894 viewsD_Alien

Correct me if i've missed anything, but what happened to the shares that CD & BG held before they left the board? Did they sell them on, or did they retain them?

There are other shareholders, too...

[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 22:02]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

SACK THE BOARD on 22:02 - Dec 1 with 1877 viewsDorislove

SACK THE BOARD on 21:55 - Dec 1 by judd

I reckon it is even worse than that.

Ive just bought the overcoat men to read on my hols in a few weeks ,De ja vous ??
It makes you wonder what has/is happening behind closed doors to completely alienate people like Chris Dunphy and Bill Goodwin.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024