Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle tickets 21:55 - Dec 16 with 31269 views442Dale

Now we are through, with the added bonus of tonight’s game being on tv and the Newcastle game also on BT, really hope we are sensible with the ticket prices ie. not raising them by a fiver a la Sunderland etc. With the Accrington game three days before and Bolton the week after, we don’t want to see fans having to make a choice and missing vital league games.

For a number of years we’ve not had a “big” draw in cup competitions. This will be the third in less than two years, floating fans will start to think twice if the price isn’t right as the novelty is going. If the home ends aren’t full, we’ll have got it wrong.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Newcastle tickets on 14:45 - Dec 19 with 2383 viewsWill_RAFC

Newcastle tickets on 14:13 - Dec 19 by sweetcorn

What exactly would they be covering with the TV fee if they charged the normal match day price for an unexpected fixture?

The people who are moaning aren't asking for anything special, just the price of a normal Cat A game which would have been more than reasonable, with all things considered.

This latest stunt looks nothing more than an attempt to milk the loyal fan base of an extra £5 each. £5 is f**k all, but it's more about the principle..

Surely you're not naive to think this extra money will go into January recruitment, we've had substantial amounts of money into the club over the last 5-10 years, what makes you think our transfer policy would change due to your extra fiver?

[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 14:15]

Depends what your opinion is - is pricing the game at Catagory B prices (Same as Sunderland and others that I'm unsure of at the top of my head) going to put off a significant amount of people? My opinion is no, certainly not Newcastle fans who will sell out their allocation anyway. So just taking them into account - 3200 x £5 = £16,000 straight away. I'd rather the club made this money on top rather than take it out of the TV fee. We budget for a loss year in year out. I don't expect a day like this to be run at cost as a pat on the back for being a fan.

How do you sell a future Cat B game if this isn't one?

Where did I say our transfer policy would change? Being able to afford an extra player that this fixture could pay for isn't a change in policy. Any profit will help the club in whatever department it chooses to spend it on and I'm happy with that.
Newcastle tickets on 14:51 - Dec 19 with 2359 viewsAtThePeake

Newcastle tickets on 10:27 - Dec 19 by Will_RAFC

Exactly my thoughts.

I'd rather pay an extra couple of quid, and the club makes money, with a chance to improve the squad, rather than them "cover" it with the TV fee. We get very few days to make money, I don't consider this a rip off at all - a lot of League One grounds charge £24/£25 to get in. These are the kind of ties we dream about, we might have been spoilt with Spurs and United in the last few years but we can't take these draws and days for granted. I guess the attendance will justify the prices (or not), but if they had been lowered I'd bet anything people would be moaning that we aren't charging enough to bring in new players!

That's all well and good - IF there's enough of an uptake on tickets to justify the price increase and IF that extra money is then spent on improving the squad. You're taking both of those things as a given when you say you'd rather the club made money and have a chance to improve the squad.

And even if those things happen (and I very, very much doubt the second one will) - there will still be some supporters feeling alienated and annoyed by these prices. Some supporters who may decide not to bother again for the rest of the season, which means money coming out of the coffers anyway.

Tangled up in blue.

Newcastle tickets on 14:53 - Dec 19 with 2345 viewsAtThePeake

Newcastle tickets on 12:08 - Dec 19 by rochdaleriddler

Well I’m a season ticket holder , I have BT sport, but I will be going.if there is a replay I’ll be going to that.There are a lot of season ticket holders that don’t seem to turn out for cup games at every stage of a competition . It’s not down to price normally, so maybe they wouldn’t have come if it was £20. It’s a rare chance to see a premier league team at spotland, and actually witness some atmosphere
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 12:58]

It's nothing to do with the competition itself though is it? Do you know any season ticket holders who didn't bother with Tottenham at home because it was a cup match?

Tangled up in blue.

Newcastle tickets on 14:55 - Dec 19 with 2337 viewsAtThePeake

Newcastle tickets on 14:45 - Dec 19 by Will_RAFC

Depends what your opinion is - is pricing the game at Catagory B prices (Same as Sunderland and others that I'm unsure of at the top of my head) going to put off a significant amount of people? My opinion is no, certainly not Newcastle fans who will sell out their allocation anyway. So just taking them into account - 3200 x £5 = £16,000 straight away. I'd rather the club made this money on top rather than take it out of the TV fee. We budget for a loss year in year out. I don't expect a day like this to be run at cost as a pat on the back for being a fan.

How do you sell a future Cat B game if this isn't one?

Where did I say our transfer policy would change? Being able to afford an extra player that this fixture could pay for isn't a change in policy. Any profit will help the club in whatever department it chooses to spend it on and I'm happy with that.

How would it be run at cost with £144,000 of TV money coming in?

Tangled up in blue.

Newcastle tickets on 15:00 - Dec 19 with 2309 viewsJames1980

Instead of waiting for the forum. Get the camera out get recording the explanation immediately if not sooner and post it as a freeview video on Ifollow.
Oh and perhaps it would be an excellent opportunity for our chairman to share his thoughts.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Newcastle tickets on 15:03 - Dec 19 with 2303 viewsD_Alien

Newcastle tickets on 15:00 - Dec 19 by James1980

Instead of waiting for the forum. Get the camera out get recording the explanation immediately if not sooner and post it as a freeview video on Ifollow.
Oh and perhaps it would be an excellent opportunity for our chairman to share his thoughts.

There used to be a traditional Christmas Message from our (former) Chairman

I'd be pleasantly surprised to hear anything from our current one - anything repeatable, that is...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Newcastle tickets on 15:27 - Dec 19 with 2241 viewsnordenblue

Newcastle tickets on 15:03 - Dec 19 by D_Alien

There used to be a traditional Christmas Message from our (former) Chairman

I'd be pleasantly surprised to hear anything from our current one - anything repeatable, that is...

That's news in itself,have we got a chairman then?
Newcastle tickets on 15:28 - Dec 19 with 2241 viewsWill_RAFC

Newcastle tickets on 14:51 - Dec 19 by AtThePeake

That's all well and good - IF there's enough of an uptake on tickets to justify the price increase and IF that extra money is then spent on improving the squad. You're taking both of those things as a given when you say you'd rather the club made money and have a chance to improve the squad.

And even if those things happen (and I very, very much doubt the second one will) - there will still be some supporters feeling alienated and annoyed by these prices. Some supporters who may decide not to bother again for the rest of the season, which means money coming out of the coffers anyway.

How alienated do fans feel when they pay for their vastly discounted season tickets? Maybe a price list of other League One season tickets should be provided with renewal forms. I'm guessing you could have gone to every home cup game this season, including whatever the tinpoint trophy is called this week, and still have paid less than most other clubs season tickets. So as to the usual cry of "wheres X money gone?" Look around, attendances are roughly the same as they were 5 years ago, yet we pay a lot less to attend. The shortfall has to be made up somewhere.

Let's see if our squad is improved on in January, and whether we sell anyone. Maybe this tie means we can rebuff any offers until another window.

My "at cost" comment was obviously an exaggeration, but as the media will describe this as a money spinning tie it seems most people on here hope we don't make a penny.
Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle tickets on 15:33 - Dec 19 with 2216 viewsrochdaleriddler

Newcastle tickets on 14:53 - Dec 19 by AtThePeake

It's nothing to do with the competition itself though is it? Do you know any season ticket holders who didn't bother with Tottenham at home because it was a cup match?

Well I was a main stander then and a big group sat near me were missing! The home attendances for rounds one and two would suggest the FA cup isn’t a big draw for Dalies

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Newcastle tickets on 15:43 - Dec 19 with 2184 viewsAtThePeake

Newcastle tickets on 15:33 - Dec 19 by rochdaleriddler

Well I was a main stander then and a big group sat near me were missing! The home attendances for rounds one and two would suggest the FA cup isn’t a big draw for Dalies

I would suggest that is far more to do with the standard of opposition than it is the competition itself.

Tangled up in blue.

Newcastle tickets on 15:49 - Dec 19 with 2172 viewsAtThePeake

Newcastle tickets on 15:28 - Dec 19 by Will_RAFC

How alienated do fans feel when they pay for their vastly discounted season tickets? Maybe a price list of other League One season tickets should be provided with renewal forms. I'm guessing you could have gone to every home cup game this season, including whatever the tinpoint trophy is called this week, and still have paid less than most other clubs season tickets. So as to the usual cry of "wheres X money gone?" Look around, attendances are roughly the same as they were 5 years ago, yet we pay a lot less to attend. The shortfall has to be made up somewhere.

Let's see if our squad is improved on in January, and whether we sell anyone. Maybe this tie means we can rebuff any offers until another window.

My "at cost" comment was obviously an exaggeration, but as the media will describe this as a money spinning tie it seems most people on here hope we don't make a penny.

I'm sure they don't - but it doesn't mean they aren't feeling alienated right now. You can't dismiss the concerns of supporters and customers simply because you personally feel they shouldn't feel alienated by the discounted season tickets. What about those fans who can't attend most games due to work or distance (as I have been for the last 7 or 8 years up until this season) so don't bother with a season ticket, but then have to pay more for a game like this? Or even supporters that are very casual fans but then decide they won't bother with a game that could potentially attract them to come more often because they feel the price is too high? I understand that the discounted season tickets are a great thing for us as supporters, but that doesn't mean supporters should then not voice their concerns when the club make decisions they disagree with.

I don't think anyone on here hopes we don't make a penny. I think most people feel that the club are hurting an already strained relationship with some aspects of the support to squeeze a little more cash out of us when they were already standing to make a huge amount from the tie.

Tangled up in blue.

Newcastle tickets on 15:53 - Dec 19 with 2158 viewsTVOS1907

Newcastle tickets on 15:33 - Dec 19 by rochdaleriddler

Or for fans of most other clubs if you look around attendances.

Ipswich got a little over 6000 for their replay v Coventry, as opposed to just short of 20,000 normally.

Our crowds v Wrexham and Boston didn't fall by anywhere like the same proportion.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Newcastle tickets on 15:55 - Dec 19 with 2145 viewsTVOS1907

Newcastle tickets on 23:21 - Dec 18 by judd

Posted on another thread but this article cites recommended pricing:

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/12/rochdale-and-newcastle-united-agree-to-double-f

They either don't know or they've chosen to ignore it, but the prices v Boston were reduced, so it's twisting the facts a bit.

They would be better comparing what they will pay to what Sunderland paid in August.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Newcastle tickets on 16:28 - Dec 19 with 2063 viewsWill_RAFC

Newcastle tickets on 15:49 - Dec 19 by AtThePeake

I'm sure they don't - but it doesn't mean they aren't feeling alienated right now. You can't dismiss the concerns of supporters and customers simply because you personally feel they shouldn't feel alienated by the discounted season tickets. What about those fans who can't attend most games due to work or distance (as I have been for the last 7 or 8 years up until this season) so don't bother with a season ticket, but then have to pay more for a game like this? Or even supporters that are very casual fans but then decide they won't bother with a game that could potentially attract them to come more often because they feel the price is too high? I understand that the discounted season tickets are a great thing for us as supporters, but that doesn't mean supporters should then not voice their concerns when the club make decisions they disagree with.

I don't think anyone on here hopes we don't make a penny. I think most people feel that the club are hurting an already strained relationship with some aspects of the support to squeeze a little more cash out of us when they were already standing to make a huge amount from the tie.

You can't please everyone. Certainly not Rochdale fans! Did we sell out when we reduced admission for the Boston and Wrexham games? Vast majority of clubs price matches based on their attractiveness, I don't know why anyone expects us to be different. If it comes to a replay I'm sure Newcastle will reduce their usual prices, and if they draw City at home in the next round I'm sure they'll increase them or price them at their top Catagory, as we have.

It just seems that every single thing the club do at the moment is pounced on as part of a campaign against the CEO and it's getting boring.
Newcastle tickets on 16:41 - Dec 19 with 2029 viewsAtThePeake

Newcastle tickets on 16:28 - Dec 19 by Will_RAFC

You can't please everyone. Certainly not Rochdale fans! Did we sell out when we reduced admission for the Boston and Wrexham games? Vast majority of clubs price matches based on their attractiveness, I don't know why anyone expects us to be different. If it comes to a replay I'm sure Newcastle will reduce their usual prices, and if they draw City at home in the next round I'm sure they'll increase them or price them at their top Catagory, as we have.

It just seems that every single thing the club do at the moment is pounced on as part of a campaign against the CEO and it's getting boring.

Look at the OP of this thread. I think that's why people expected, or at least hoped, for the tickets to be priced reasonably for this game. That was posted before anything was announced, so not sure it can be pointed at as an example of people 'pouncing' as part of a 'campaign'.

Tangled up in blue.

Newcastle tickets on 17:02 - Dec 19 with 1971 viewsRAFC1907

Newcastle tickets on 16:28 - Dec 19 by Will_RAFC

Funny how none of this nonsense happened when Mr. Dunphy was here.....

Poll: Bottomley...

Newcastle tickets on 18:15 - Dec 19 with 1871 viewskiwidale

Newcastle tickets on 09:58 - Dec 19 by dawlishdale

The absolute worst thing that the club could do is to put on another one man show. It must be obvious to every club employee and Director who reads this, that a large percentage of the fan base have heard way too much from a certain person, and way too little from others.

The presentation should (nay MUST) be carried out by the Chairman, and other members of the Board who we never hear from.

The absence of the chairman is quite baffling.

This is not the time for bickering.

Newcastle tickets on 18:19 - Dec 19 with 1860 viewsRochdale_ger

Newcastle tickets on 17:02 - Dec 19 by RAFC1907

Funny how none of this nonsense happened when Mr. Dunphy was here.....

I remember Dunphy and green getting shit for the pies and and the gala dinner .
Newcastle tickets on 18:20 - Dec 19 with 1852 viewsfitzochris

Newcastle tickets on 18:19 - Dec 19 by Rochdale_ger

The gala dinner was nowt to do with Dunphy.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Newcastle tickets on 18:20 - Dec 19 with 1852 viewsRAFC1907

Newcastle tickets on 18:19 - Dec 19 by Rochdale_ger

haha but would they have got any sh1t for ticket prices?

Poll: Bottomley...

Newcastle tickets on 18:24 - Dec 19 with 1834 viewskiwidale

Newcastle tickets on 15:00 - Dec 19 by James1980

Our chairman do you mean the invisible man?

Newcastle tickets on 18:34 - Dec 19 with 1794 viewsShun

Newcastle tickets on 23:28 - Dec 18 by sweetcorn

I'm stunned there are fans defending the club on this one.

It's a completely avoidable situation which the clubs board has put itself into and one which I fail to see the need for, given we've had lucrative runs in both cups.

It's nothing but greed on the clubs part and confirmation from the club that we are now customers, as opposed to part of the club which was one part of this clubs niche appeal.

Forum in January should be fun.

Regarding your second paragraph, despite all the money we’ve made over the past two seasons the official line from the club is that there’s still no spare money to spend on the squad. I’ve posted quite a lot how concerning that is, so if it’s true I’m of the opinion that when we have a tie like this we need to squeeze every pound from it.

Having said that, I don’t believe them. If we get to the end of January and real money hasn’t been spent (or, at least, a promise that we’re waiting till January to really rebuild the squad), then I’ll be more disappointed than I already am. I do look forward to Jan 13th and I hope somebody puts it to them (might even go myself) that the money doesn’t add up.

I also have sympathy for ddb’s view that the club’s real aim here was to get as much money as possible from the away crowd knowing they’ll sell out regardless of the price, and we were barely considered.
Newcastle tickets on 18:44 - Dec 19 with 1748 viewskiwidale

A very interesting thread with good points being made on both sides. Im on the fence which is easy to do when 12000 miles away but my penny worth is this. Those who have a season ticket and then complain about paying a premium for the Newcastle match want it both ways, flipping the coin the decision to increase the match day price for non season ticket holders, is an extension of the fuddled thinking that sets match day pricing for the casual fan way out of proportion to season ticket holders. Its hardly going to get bums on seats for those who priority is paying rent and feeding kids.

Newcastle tickets on 20:18 - Dec 19 with 1618 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 18:44 - Dec 19 by kiwidale

A very interesting thread with good points being made on both sides. Im on the fence which is easy to do when 12000 miles away but my penny worth is this. Those who have a season ticket and then complain about paying a premium for the Newcastle match want it both ways, flipping the coin the decision to increase the match day price for non season ticket holders, is an extension of the fuddled thinking that sets match day pricing for the casual fan way out of proportion to season ticket holders. Its hardly going to get bums on seats for those who priority is paying rent and feeding kids.

Season ticket holders are the vital source of cash flow during the financially fallow summer months. They do not set the prices.
Go have a read about how many other clubs reduced season ticket prices in recent seasons and how they value and reward loyalty. Norwich, as an example, offer best possible prices for home cup matches.
A season ticket holder takes a risk in shelling out up to 11 months in advance of the whole product being delivered and if they want to comment on cup ticket pricing then they should be allowed to do so without being hung out as avaricious pariahs.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Newcastle tickets on 14:11 - Dec 21 with 1026 viewsrochdaleriddler

Got my ticket today, seemed a steady stream of people buying

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024