Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
25 Points 11:22 - Jan 2 with 3343 viewsaleanddale

Bolton and bury’s incompetences make league one survival points total a tricky one to guess.

Dale have 25 points how many more do you think we need to survive.

I would go for another 22 (47) with only 3 teams relegated and Bolton / Southend looking cut adrift.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 11:50]
25 Points on 11:42 - Jan 2 with 3275 viewsrochedale

Well if you look at Tranmere who now stand in the final relegation spot, they’ve played half their games and have amassed 21 points. It’s be very doubtful that the second half of the season would replicate exactly the first half, but it’s a guide. So we’d need 43 to be safe.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

25 Points on 11:51 - Jan 2 with 3238 viewsHopwoodblue

25 Points on 11:42 - Jan 2 by rochedale

Well if you look at Tranmere who now stand in the final relegation spot, they’ve played half their games and have amassed 21 points. It’s be very doubtful that the second half of the season would replicate exactly the first half, but it’s a guide. So we’d need 43 to be safe.

To be honest I wasn’t to worried about this season with all
what had happened to bUry and Bolton and still think we will be ok.
Unfortunately without serious reconstruction of the squad I can see nothing but relegation next season.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

25 Points on 13:23 - Jan 2 with 3003 views49thseason

I had it in the back of my mind that 25 points by Christmas would have been a good target. I think another 25 from the remaining games would be a decent return. I think you need to aim for 50 points as a minimum, so 6 home wins and 7 or 8 more points on the road would be great but then I look at the home form..... yesterday's points were more than welcome, and statisically the 2nd half of the season does look somewhat easier but I think the rebuilding needs to start this month rather than leaving it until Summer. Get Newcastle out of the way and then lets see what happens.
25 Points on 14:26 - Jan 2 with 2893 viewsmacro

25 Points on 11:51 - Jan 2 by Hopwoodblue

To be honest I wasn’t to worried about this season with all
what had happened to bUry and Bolton and still think we will be ok.
Unfortunately without serious reconstruction of the squad I can see nothing but relegation next season.

So many players out of contract in the summer will see a rebuild.
25 Points on 15:14 - Jan 2 with 2810 viewsfitzochris

25 Points on 14:26 - Jan 2 by macro

So many players out of contract in the summer will see a rebuild.

It is definitely needed.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

25 Points on 15:26 - Jan 2 with 2773 viewsaleanddale

25 Points on 15:14 - Jan 2 by fitzochris

It is definitely needed.

100% Agreed.

I hope BBM shows some steel and cuts deep this time. Let’s get the squad freshened up raring to go in 2020/21.
25 Points on 16:41 - Jan 2 with 2663 views49thseason

I think there needs to be some new blood into the club during this window, Leaving it all till Summer makes financial sense, but it's better to bring in players you want when the opportunity presents itself rather than hoping they are still available later on when other contracts have expired, we tend not to pay transfer fees so putting some of the Cup money against getting 2 or 3 out of the door to make room would seem a good investment.
25 Points on 19:11 - Jan 2 with 2487 viewskiwidale

25 Points on 11:42 - Jan 2 by rochedale

I very much doubt the survival figure will be as low as 43 points. I suspect the figure will be 49 points my rational is 50 points divided by 46 games equals 1.0869 per game times 44 games equals 47.8260 rounded off is 48 points or 49 to give a margin of error to be mathematically safe, of course maths is not a fail safe indicator.

This is not the time for bickering.

Login to get fewer ads

25 Points on 19:47 - Jan 2 with 2415 viewspnc4eva1

I'll stick with the usual 50+ points. Yes Southend and Bolton appear in deep do do but all that is needed by any team is a run of eight matches unbeaten, to pull clear, or eight matches without a win. Either win or not win scenario can change a situation at the bottom and confidence. Usually at this point in the season there is a team in mid table with 30+ poi ts who go into a nose dive

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

25 Points on 19:57 - Jan 2 with 2382 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

25 Points on 19:47 - Jan 2 by pnc4eva1

I'll stick with the usual 50+ points. Yes Southend and Bolton appear in deep do do but all that is needed by any team is a run of eight matches unbeaten, to pull clear, or eight matches without a win. Either win or not win scenario can change a situation at the bottom and confidence. Usually at this point in the season there is a team in mid table with 30+ poi ts who go into a nose dive

50 points is a must for me. Were in a clutch of 4 teams at the moment who (MK aside) are operating on roughly similar budgets. I’m sure they’ll all be scrambling to bolster their squads in an attempt to stay up. We can’t be in any way complacent, we need players in urgently even if it’s loan signings. 1 or 2 injuries & were in real trouble.
25 Points on 19:58 - Jan 2 with 2379 viewskiwidale

25 Points on 19:47 - Jan 2 by pnc4eva1

Absolutely agree on your last point many times a team/teams that do a nose dive end up relegated, it happens regularly as does a team cut adrift mid season escaping as we have on the last two occasions.

This is not the time for bickering.

25 Points on 21:11 - Jan 2 with 2264 viewsShun

25 Points on 19:58 - Jan 2 by kiwidale

Absolutely agree on your last point many times a team/teams that do a nose dive end up relegated, it happens regularly as does a team cut adrift mid season escaping as we have on the last two occasions.

Yep. Last year Walsall were around the playoffs for the first half of the season before going on a horrendous run of form and being relegated.
25 Points on 21:39 - Jan 2 with 2215 viewsD_Alien

25 Points on 19:58 - Jan 2 by kiwidale

We weren't "cut adrift" last season. When BBM took over from KH we were in 22nd place and improved from there

[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 21:52]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024