Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - Wycombe Away 10:52 - Jan 16 with 25482 viewsChaffRAFC

Match Preview: Wycombe Wanderers v Dale 16th Jan 2020 10:46
Dale return to league action after our FA Cup exploits at Newcastle in midweek with a trip down to high flyers Wycombe Wanderers. 0

Played For Both: Wycombe Wanderers v Dale 16th Jan 2020 18:00
Our latest “Played For Both” see us take a look back at a former Daley and a former Chairboy. 0

Refwatch: Wycombe Wanderers v Dale 17th Jan 2020 14:00
Craig Hicks is the man in the middle when Dale travel to Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:50 - Jan 18 with 2668 viewstodmordendale

Where is Camps, Morley and Rathbonio. No news ?
Solid midfield missing.
Tavares and Baah need to beef up a bit. Both are too weak and just fall over.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:50 - Jan 18 with 2668 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:40 - Jan 18 by regjenkins

Travares is by and large woeful. I did mean Luke as the youngster responsible for throwing the point. Move on to next saturday and maybe the new loan striker may make the difference.

'Throwing' is a despicable way to call it. OK, he might have been rash and over eager, but to suggest 'throwing' a point is way, way out of order.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:58 - Jan 18 with 2566 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:50 - Jan 18 by SuddenLad

'Throwing' is a despicable way to call it. OK, he might have been rash and over eager, but to suggest 'throwing' a point is way, way out of order.

At 17.05, he posted (about Matheson) "Before we start tearing the youngster to bits..." then starts tearing another youngster to bits

That's the reason i voted down the 17.05 post, although someone saw fit up vote it up

Edit: it's now had two up votes for the bloody hypocrite
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 18:02]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:00 - Jan 18 with 2573 viewssince58

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:43 - Jan 18 by Brierls

Do you think we could swap him for the Fabio Tavares at Liverpool? Worth a shot.

More chance of swapping him for a Tavares c d. it only takes a minute.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:02 - Jan 18 with 2540 viewsBrierls

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:50 - Jan 18 by SuddenLad

FFS wind in the mock outrage. It’s a football forum.

Matheson’s tackle was incredibly rash. The penalty was in the 94th minute of the 94 mins played. That challenge did result in us throwing away a point. Matheson knew as much, which is why he was visibly upset at the final whistle.

It doesn’t make him any less of a player. He’s an outstanding prospect, and penalty apart had a very good game. Experiences like this will make him a better player and aid his development. He doesn’t need protecting from emotive comments on here.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:05 - Jan 18 with 2511 viewsregjenkins

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:43 - Jan 18 by Brierls

Do you think we could swap him for the Fabio Tavares at Liverpool? Worth a shot.

It could be worth a try .. ha ha.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:08 - Jan 18 with 2487 viewsborntogo

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:33 - Jan 18 by Brierls

Did you watch the game?

We conceded in the 94th minute due to bombing forward in the 92nd minute and losing the ball, with almost everybody committed to getting a winner.

We were not retreating further back or trying to hold onto the draw.

In summary, you’re talking bollocks!

Nope, I wasn't at the match but in all the games I've watched this season, which is most of them, we've tended to sit back and try to hold a lead rather than 'bomb forward' and seek more goals.

If we've suddenly developed a new, enterprising policy, I'm delighted. Fortune favours the brave. Usually, if not today.

And no need for the offensive language.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:16 - Jan 18 with 2413 viewsShun

To be fair, there are still positives to be found here. We’re a squad ravaged by injury and that team today is not remotely close to being full-strength. I’d say of the 11 who started, only 4 (Henderson, RND, EOC and McShane) are guaranteed first-team players.

Yet despite that we’ve just outplayed for large parts the (allegedly) second best team in the league and been undeservedly beaten in the final minute.

If we ever manage to get a fully fit squad we’re comfortably a top half team. Of course, no squad is ever going to be fully fit all season but the injuries we’ve had this season have been beyond normal, beyond even bad luck, they’re absolutely freakish and I agree with Dale23years’ earlier point that we seriously need to look at our fitness training to see what the problem is.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:19 - Jan 18 with 2401 viewsoff2div1

Just leave the lad alone you load of numpties end of.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:20 - Jan 18 with 2397 viewsscarrow

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:40 - Jan 18 by 1907

Are you mad? I love Matheson, he’s the best prospect we’ve ever had.

I dislike him for saying I want him to stop lunging in giving penalties away in the last minute? Get a grip.

Get a grip yourself. You talk a right load of bull5hit most of the time.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 18:23]

Poll: Final position

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:26 - Jan 18 with 2332 views1907

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:20 - Jan 18 by scarrow

Get a grip yourself. You talk a right load of bull5hit most of the time.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 18:23]

Nothing I have said in this thread is remotely bullshit.

Most people have agreed with everything I’ve said.

Just because you’re talking out of you arse don’t try and make me look stupid.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:37 - Jan 18 with 2248 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:16 - Jan 18 by Shun

To be fair, there are still positives to be found here. We’re a squad ravaged by injury and that team today is not remotely close to being full-strength. I’d say of the 11 who started, only 4 (Henderson, RND, EOC and McShane) are guaranteed first-team players.

Yet despite that we’ve just outplayed for large parts the (allegedly) second best team in the league and been undeservedly beaten in the final minute.

If we ever manage to get a fully fit squad we’re comfortably a top half team. Of course, no squad is ever going to be fully fit all season but the injuries we’ve had this season have been beyond normal, beyond even bad luck, they’re absolutely freakish and I agree with Dale23years’ earlier point that we seriously need to look at our fitness training to see what the problem is.

I'd add Dooley to that list. When he's been fit I think he has started more or less every game under BBM.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:47 - Jan 18 with 2189 views49thseason

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:26 - Jan 18 by 1907

Nothing I have said in this thread is remotely bullshit.

Most people have agreed with everything I’ve said.

Just because you’re talking out of you arse don’t try and make me look stupid.

For crying out loud, Matheson is 17 years old, he is bound to make mistakes and if McLaughlin were anything like fit enough to play professional football he would be developing away from the week to week grind of L1.
If any player warrants criticism it should be the stump of a number 9 that we have been persisting with for far too long . Whatever anyone saw in him before he sorted Clarke out has disappeared without trace, it sounds as though he had 2 or 3 decent chances today and inevitably didnt manage to get on the scoresheet. He has none of the natural instincts a striker should have, we could play McNulty at centre forward and he would score more goals. Ship him out now, he had his last chance today and failed the test, we need someone who at least looks to have a goal threat and an aggressive intent as a minimum.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:50 - Jan 18 with 2168 views1907

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:47 - Jan 18 by 49thseason

For crying out loud, Matheson is 17 years old, he is bound to make mistakes and if McLaughlin were anything like fit enough to play professional football he would be developing away from the week to week grind of L1.
If any player warrants criticism it should be the stump of a number 9 that we have been persisting with for far too long . Whatever anyone saw in him before he sorted Clarke out has disappeared without trace, it sounds as though he had 2 or 3 decent chances today and inevitably didnt manage to get on the scoresheet. He has none of the natural instincts a striker should have, we could play McNulty at centre forward and he would score more goals. Ship him out now, he had his last chance today and failed the test, we need someone who at least looks to have a goal threat and an aggressive intent as a minimum.

I don’t need you to explain that to me.

Is this the first time Luke has given a penalty away in the last minute of a game? No.

Does he need to learn from this to stop making the same mistake? Yes.

I’m not even remotely having a go at him. He just needs to stop making rash challenges in the last minute of games in our penalty box.

End of discussion.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:54 - Jan 18 with 2141 viewsdingdangblue

https://www.skysports.com/football/wycombe-vs-rochdale/report/410235

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:00 - Jan 18 with 2102 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:50 - Jan 18 by 1907

I don’t need you to explain that to me.

Is this the first time Luke has given a penalty away in the last minute of a game? No.

Does he need to learn from this to stop making the same mistake? Yes.

I’m not even remotely having a go at him. He just needs to stop making rash challenges in the last minute of games in our penalty box.

End of discussion.

17 year old makes a couple of bad decisions (one may have even been when he was 16?)

Blimey. An otherwise model lad. Did you never make mistakes at that age? Context needed here.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:05 - Jan 18 with 2078 viewsOxDale

It makes you want to scream, weep and scream again at the ways we find to lose games. But one observation over comments already made. Ainsworth won that. About 15 minutes from the end, Matheson misplaced a pass and he called one of his subs over and immediate put him on and put him on Matheson. It was that sub that was brought down by a tiring 17 year old in the 94th minute on a heavy pitch.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:07 - Jan 18 with 2053 views1907

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:00 - Jan 18 by DaleiLama

17 year old makes a couple of bad decisions (one may have even been when he was 16?)

Blimey. An otherwise model lad. Did you never make mistakes at that age? Context needed here.

Jesus Christ my original post is being blown way out of proportion here.

Genuinely amazed I’m being castigated for saying Matheson needs to stop being so rash in our own box????
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:16 - Jan 18 with 1986 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:07 - Jan 18 by 1907

Genuinely amazed I’m being castigated for saying Matheson needs to stop being so rash in our own box????

Didn't he do similar last season near the Pearl St as seem to remember him being helped off the pitch in tears by Calvin if I remember after conceding a penalty
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:24 - Jan 18 with 1948 viewssince58

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:07 - Jan 18 by 1907

luckily you hav;nt been nailed to the cross and castrated.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:24 - Jan 18 with 1947 views1907

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:16 - Jan 18 by nordenblue

Didn't he do similar last season near the Pearl St as seem to remember him being helped off the pitch in tears by Calvin if I remember after conceding a penalty

Yes it’s happened more than once, which is why I simply suggested he must learn from his mistakes to become a better player.

Some people don’t seem to think that’s appropriate though?
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:35 - Jan 18 with 1894 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 18:47 - Jan 18 by 49thseason

Calvin should never have been signed to start with, I still have no idea why he was, he is basically a shit non goal scoring Andy Morris.

Luke at least cares and is a bloody good player, I assume a lot of people here played Sunday league football, I first played at 17 at right back vs a certain Simon Holden, he had more supports on than I had ever seen, I had the pace to run him about and after 10 minutes or so he left his foot in, I then did the same a few minutes later, he said do that again and you won’t be playing at 20.

He ran me ragged with experience after that, in fairness nice guy and got me training with Stalybridge.

At 17 though a seasoned pro will run a young lad all over, but he is far better than magloire, who tried to push the winger to the corner, thinking his pace would get him out of trouble, Luke made himself big and waited for support vs Newcastle.

He is a bloody great player but due to necessity being played too often, that’s the boards fault

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:37 - Jan 18 with 1883 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:24 - Jan 18 by 1907

Yes it’s happened more than once, which is why I simply suggested he must learn from his mistakes to become a better player.

Tbf 1907 my comments were not directed with any malice or anger to you. Wasn't it not so long ago though that Hendo, a model pro and as seasoned as you can get, had issues with the mist descending and bad judgement? I think it's clear Luke needs to try to eliminate such mistakes from his game but he's a big school-kid - not a programmable robot - that was really my point. I think there will be no shortage of good advice from his manager and experienced squad members without fans getting on his case. And I know you hold him in high esteem (as any right minded person would). It's all opinions anyway. Mine is get behind the lad come what may. No hard feelings eh and up the Dale

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:38 - Jan 18 with 1875 viewsRotherhamDale

I think he needs taking out the team for a few weeks now. Not necessarily because of his mistake today, but playing 90 mins week in week out is clearly going to take its toll.

Hopefully Camps, Rathbone or Morley are back ahead of next week meaning that Keohane can drop back into right back.

Possession with progression.

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:39 - Jan 18 with 1865 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 19:24 - Jan 18 by 1907

I'll probably go against the grain here a bit bit,but personally I dont think hes that great a defender, I think his lack of height will lead to him being targeted with a high ball and his positional sense still leaves a fair bit to be desired.

For his age without question he's got bags of "potential",but for me hes much more of a threat going forward,have we had much better defenders at the club....yes without a shadow of a doubt.
As an all round full/wing back I'd have RND over him every time
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024