Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump v Thunberg 08:26 - Jan 23 with 4797 viewsaleanddale

Fascinating stuff in Davos this week.

Capitalism v School girl eco warrior.

To be honest she has a point. All these trillions of dollars will be no use with no planet.

Global Population rising and fossil fuels running out. Massive push in the media now ref sustainability etc I just wonder if it’s too little to late. Not for our generation but any children born now there grandchildren will see a very different adult life. I am all for cutting back on meat eating and recycling and will go hybrid or electric with my next car.

Who do you think is closest to the truth Donald or Greta?

Trump v Thunberg on 15:50 - Jan 23 with 1332 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Trump v Thunberg on 10:28 - Jan 23 by judd

Can we not build an extension?

Must be summat like the Moon that we can populate.

Hiya, my name’s Zog, assistant manager of the moon people, the Zigs. I’ve currently taken over BigDaveMycock’s body (not all of it mind, I mean we’re a well hung race but by fook not that well hung). Anyway, I send you this message on behalf of the Zigs.
When you’ve fooked up your own world don’t think you can just come here and fook up ours. Seriously, my mate Zag does Karate.
By the way that Calvin shot against Accy has just orbited again. Hey, what holds the moon up?
Moonbeams!!
All the best lad
Zog
1 Armstrong Mews
The Moon
Space
M1

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Trump v Thunberg on 16:19 - Jan 23 with 1297 viewsisitme

Trump v Thunberg on 15:43 - Jan 23 by 49thseason

A few questions for climate alarmists..
What is the "correct" level of CO2 in the atmosphere?
By how much has the average temperature of the planet increased since1880?
By how much has the average temperature increased since 2000?
Are more people dying from increased heat or cold?
Has there ever been a time when there was zero ice on the planet?
What effect does the Sun have on Earths climate?
Is it hotter or cooler now than when the Romans were growing grapes in Yorkshire?
Does the IPPC still believe in the Mann "hockey stick" graph?
What is the most abundant greenhouse gas?

You have missed the benefits of global greening on food yields!

In reality there are practical things that can, and are being done that will help to reduce pollution, waste etc. Reducing the use of plastic is an obvious one. The big problem is when rhetoric, dogma and vested interests from both sides get in the way of sense.

Carbon credits and the steel industry is one such example. Steel production in the UK has suffered due to the imposition of 'green taxes' that companies in China do not have to pay. This makes Chinese produced steel cheaper, which has caused job losses in the UK steel industry. The steel is still being produced but halfway around the world, which creates additional transport costs. The polution is being exported. The disproportionate affect of 'green taxes' on lower income families is also a concern that I have. Energy cost are signifianctly higher than they should be.

The worst thing is the hypocracy of celebrities who preech one thing, but do another. One flight in their private jet may equate to the carbon footprint of a normal family for a few months.

Greta is an interesting case. No doubt she is passionate but I feel sorry for her as she is a carefully selected puppet. Trump, is just Trump!
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 16:50]
Trump v Thunberg on 16:54 - Jan 23 with 1263 views49thseason

Trump v Thunberg on 16:19 - Jan 23 by isitme

You have missed the benefits of global greening on food yields!

In reality there are practical things that can, and are being done that will help to reduce pollution, waste etc. Reducing the use of plastic is an obvious one. The big problem is when rhetoric, dogma and vested interests from both sides get in the way of sense.

Carbon credits and the steel industry is one such example. Steel production in the UK has suffered due to the imposition of 'green taxes' that companies in China do not have to pay. This makes Chinese produced steel cheaper, which has caused job losses in the UK steel industry. The steel is still being produced but halfway around the world, which creates additional transport costs. The polution is being exported. The disproportionate affect of 'green taxes' on lower income families is also a concern that I have. Energy cost are signifianctly higher than they should be.

The worst thing is the hypocracy of celebrities who preech one thing, but do another. One flight in their private jet may equate to the carbon footprint of a normal family for a few months.

Greta is an interesting case. No doubt she is passionate but I feel sorry for her as she is a carefully selected puppet. Trump, is just Trump!
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 16:50]

Carbon Credits were the subject of my earlier post on this thread. Its a racket, Al Gore buys carbon credits from his own company and then claims to have offset his carbon footprint, this is the same company with connections to the film-makers who produced the original film "An Inconvenient Truth).
Obama sealed the deal on carbon credits by putting US Funds into proliferating the climate emergency via The Paris Accord at a cost of $100Bn a year to the US treasury. Carbon Credits do nothing to prevent companies from producing CO2 they just have to buy the credits (tax) to offset them. So there is no attempt to stop CO2 because they know it has nothing to do with climate. But the more Credits are traded the more profit is made by those who own them by selling them to the carbon producers .... Hello Al Gore!...
Carbon Credits are just another way of taxing people like us who have to pay the bills for our Gas and Electricity generation. a brilliant scam and well done Trump for putting a massive spoke in the wheel.
By the way, the Chinese are signed up to Carbon Credits too but what they lose on the industrial swings they gain on the financial roundabouts, its like a giant Ponzi scheme and just a question of who will be holding the credits when the whole thing goes bust, hence the desperate attempts to keep the climate scam going.
Trump v Thunberg on 16:59 - Jan 23 with 1254 viewskiwidale

Trump v Thunberg on 15:43 - Jan 23 by 49thseason

A few questions for climate alarmists..
What is the "correct" level of CO2 in the atmosphere?
By how much has the average temperature of the planet increased since1880?
By how much has the average temperature increased since 2000?
Are more people dying from increased heat or cold?
Has there ever been a time when there was zero ice on the planet?
What effect does the Sun have on Earths climate?
Is it hotter or cooler now than when the Romans were growing grapes in Yorkshire?
Does the IPPC still believe in the Mann "hockey stick" graph?
What is the most abundant greenhouse gas?

Without being a chemist or claiming to be an expert I have a background in industrial gasses. The most abundant so called green house gas is water vapour H2O the next most abundant is carbon dioxide C02 they also happen to be the most important gases needed to support life both human and vegetation, without them there is no life. Ponder this we ingest CO2 in two ways by breathing we also ingest it through our stomach just one example being without CO2 beer would be as flat as the proverbial. CO2 is both plant food and is vital for producing oxygen, the more CO2 the greener the planet is without it the earth would be colder. The next time you are shivering in bed be comforted with the false notion that the world is warming, the truth is the opposite the world is now in a cooling cycle.

https://www.sciencetimes.com/articles/20972/20190504/expert-says-the-earth-is-ac
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 18:02]

This is not the time for bickering.

Trump v Thunberg on 17:55 - Jan 23 with 1201 viewsjudd

Trump v Thunberg on 15:50 - Jan 23 by BigDaveMyCock

Hiya, my name’s Zog, assistant manager of the moon people, the Zigs. I’ve currently taken over BigDaveMycock’s body (not all of it mind, I mean we’re a well hung race but by fook not that well hung). Anyway, I send you this message on behalf of the Zigs.
When you’ve fooked up your own world don’t think you can just come here and fook up ours. Seriously, my mate Zag does Karate.
By the way that Calvin shot against Accy has just orbited again. Hey, what holds the moon up?
Moonbeams!!
All the best lad
Zog
1 Armstrong Mews
The Moon
Space
M1

Howdo, Sag.

I don't care what after shave yer mate does, we're moving in!

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trump v Thunberg on 18:45 - Jan 23 with 1166 viewsfinberty

Trump v Thunberg on 14:28 - Jan 23 by judd

Elvis did.

Before he left the McDonald's building.

Astride Shergar.
Trump v Thunberg on 18:55 - Jan 23 with 1159 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Trump v Thunberg on 17:55 - Jan 23 by judd

Howdo, Sag.

Hiya, Karate?

Trump v Thunberg on 19:26 - Jan 23 with 1127 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Trump v Thunberg on 17:55 - Jan 23 by judd

Howdo, Sag.

I won’t lie lad, being moon middle management brings with it certain problems. The leader of the Zigs, Vortex Alan, is always getting on at me. We have a saying on the moon “shit always floats up” but it just doesn’t seem to adequately reflect my situation.
What do you lot say like?

Login to get fewer ads

Trump v Thunberg on 19:30 - Jan 23 with 1120 viewsD_Alien

Trump v Thunberg on 19:26 - Jan 23 by BigDaveMyCock

I won’t lie lad, being moon middle management brings with it certain problems. The leader of the Zigs, Vortex Alan, is always getting on at me. We have a saying on the moon “shit always floats up” but it just doesn’t seem to adequately reflect my situation.

When the Japanese dog, the shit-Tsunami barks, we could always take refuge in the Moon Under Water (Deansgate)

[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 19:31]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trump v Thunberg on 19:51 - Jan 23 with 1093 viewsjudd

Trump v Thunberg on 19:26 - Jan 23 by BigDaveMyCock

Lunartic

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024