Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans forum thread 21:39 - Feb 16 with 26279 views442Dale

May as well start it with a request: does anyone know the time it starts? Might have missed it but can’t find much promoting it recently, just this:
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2020/01/forum-rearranged/

Presuming it’s 7.30?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans forum thread on 20:16 - Feb 17 with 4649 viewsDaleyBrent

Unfortunately I couldn’t make tonight but think huge credit has to go to the board for conducting the forum tonight. We always ask and crave for transparency and we’re getting exactly that. Fair play 👏🏻
Fans forum thread on 20:19 - Feb 17 with 4622 viewsShun

All the bits about the Academy sound so, so positive and it’s brilliant to hear. Some absolutely stunning stats in there.
Fans forum thread on 20:21 - Feb 17 with 4619 viewsseasidedale

Is there a good attendance tonight?
Fans forum thread on 20:39 - Feb 17 with 4473 viewsShun

Fans forum thread on 20:40 - Feb 17 with 4459 viewsShun

Fans forum thread on 20:50 - Feb 17 with 4378 viewsShun

Fans forum thread on 21:04 - Feb 17 with 4266 viewsShun

Fans forum thread on 21:25 - Feb 17 with 4082 views442Dale

Good forum, very well put together presentation, especially the in depth look at the finances with Tony Pockney.

Still struggling to understand decision making around the pitch over the years, and information provided previously around it, but if it’s getting a total overhaul at last then that’s the main thing.

Every possibility that Henderson deal will be done. Interesting.

Login to get fewer ads

Fans forum thread on 21:44 - Feb 17 with 3909 viewsleedsdale

Fans forum thread on 21:25 - Feb 17 by 442Dale

Good forum, very well put together presentation, especially the in depth look at the finances with Tony Pockney.

Still struggling to understand decision making around the pitch over the years, and information provided previously around it, but if it’s getting a total overhaul at last then that’s the main thing.

V interesting to hear about Henderson, can you remember the quote or what was said?

I was only following via Twitter, which was also very good btw, but it was positive to hear about the training ground
Fans forum thread on 21:50 - Feb 17 with 3816 viewsD_Alien

Fans forum thread on 21:25 - Feb 17 by 442Dale

Agree about it being a good forum. It became clear that this messageboard has provided the Dale board with plenty of food for thought and almost all the questions that've been raised on here were therefore anticipated and (in the main) dealt with during the presentations

Your point about the decision making around the pitches was further alluded to following a question from the floor and it appeared to me that there must've been a spilt in the board at the time of the Spurs home fixture regarding the emergency returfing, hence the lack of guarantee; but also that guarantees couldn't be obtained due to the lack of depth in the further relay which meant the drains weren't fully revamped

A least this is being fully sorted this summer

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fans forum thread on 21:51 - Feb 17 with 3817 views442Dale

Fans forum thread on 21:44 - Feb 17 by leedsdale

V interesting to hear about Henderson, can you remember the quote or what was said?

I was only following via Twitter, which was also very good btw, but it was positive to hear about the training ground

That was BBM responding to a question about him. Said that other factors, offers from other clubs, could come in to play though.

Fans forum thread on 21:53 - Feb 17 with 3791 viewsleedsdale

Fans forum thread on 21:51 - Feb 17 by 442Dale

That was BBM responding to a question about him. Said that other factors, offers from other clubs, could come in to play though.

Thanks, good to hear the context
Fans forum thread on 21:56 - Feb 17 with 3745 viewstony_roch975

Fans forum thread on 21:50 - Feb 17 by D_Alien

Agree about it being a good forum. It became clear that this messageboard has provided the Dale board with plenty of food for thought and almost all the questions that've been raised on here were therefore anticipated and (in the main) dealt with during the presentations

Your point about the decision making around the pitches was further alluded to following a question from the floor and it appeared to me that there must've been a spilt in the board at the time of the Spurs home fixture regarding the emergency returfing, hence the lack of guarantee; but also that guarantees couldn't be obtained due to the lack of depth in the further relay which meant the drains weren't fully revamped

A least this is being fully sorted this summer

Excellent professional presentations - transparent, realistic and positive. I thought DB was saying that the previous powers (C Dunphy?) made the decision on his own without proper scrutiny. As you say - it's being sorted finally.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Fans forum thread on 21:58 - Feb 17 with 3703 viewsD_Alien

Fans forum thread on 21:56 - Feb 17 by tony_roch975

Excellent professional presentations - transparent, realistic and positive. I thought DB was saying that the previous powers (C Dunphy?) made the decision on his own without proper scrutiny. As you say - it's being sorted finally.

Yes, i think the comment (about the Spurs pitch relay) was along the lines of: "It went ahead without the agreement of the board"

Fans forum thread on 22:01 - Feb 17 with 3646 viewsdingdangblue

Is Bowlee classed as Heywood?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fans forum thread on 22:02 - Feb 17 with 3642 viewsisitme

Fans forum thread on 22:01 - Feb 17 by dingdangblue

Is Bowlee classed as Heywood?

I thought Bowlee was in Middleton?
Fans forum thread on 22:17 - Feb 17 with 3476 viewsShun

Thanks for the reports from those there. Twitter only included the answers but not the fans’ questions.

Were there any probing ones asked?
Any interesting reactions to questions/answers?
Did the Chairman say anything beyond opening the show?
Fans forum thread on 22:22 - Feb 17 with 3435 viewsD_Alien

Fans forum thread on 22:17 - Feb 17 by Shun

Thanks for the reports from those there. Twitter only included the answers but not the fans’ questions.

Were there any probing ones asked?
Any interesting reactions to questions/answers?
Did the Chairman say anything beyond opening the show?

The Chairman got a round in at the bar, so he also asked a couple of board members if they'd like a drink

Fans forum thread on 22:33 - Feb 17 with 3356 viewsTalkingSutty

I wasn’t able to make the forum tonight so thanks everybody for the updates and the feedback from the nights events. I was very sceptical that tonight’s forum would be a platform for those on the top table to paint a picture of financial doom and gloom, I’m relieved that it seems the opposite was the truth. An acknowledgement that the Club isn’t in financial wrack and ruin but obviously finances are always tight is acceptable.

Thank god for the monies raised through player sales and our recent cup exploits. I was also expecting the grand revealing of a all singing, all dancing training complex and the cost that would involve maintaining those pitches ( again), I’m glad we haven’t put all our eggs in one basket with that one.

The fact that the focus is always on the first team and improving the product on the pitch, maintaining or improving our place in the pyramid is all we ever ask for isn’t it, it’s the whole purpose of the Club and why fans turn up and pay their money. The renovation of the pitch is also a big positive.

If the large majority of fans are positive about tonight then I’m on board with them, maybe we should give those in the Boardroom some credit for stabilising the finances through player sales,irrespective of whether we agree with the sale values etc. We have had a great year financially and it couldn’t have come at a better time by the sounds of it. Retain our L1 status, sort the pitch out, get rid of the dead wood and use those wages to improve the playing squad/style of play for next season have to be the main focus. One last thing,did the Chairman do a presentation and express his feelings about the last 12 months and the Club going forward? Thanks
Fans forum thread on 22:39 - Feb 17 with 3305 viewsD_Alien

Fans forum thread on 22:33 - Feb 17 by TalkingSutty

I wasn’t able to make the forum tonight so thanks everybody for the updates and the feedback from the nights events. I was very sceptical that tonight’s forum would be a platform for those on the top table to paint a picture of financial doom and gloom, I’m relieved that it seems the opposite was the truth. An acknowledgement that the Club isn’t in financial wrack and ruin but obviously finances are always tight is acceptable.

Thank god for the monies raised through player sales and our recent cup exploits. I was also expecting the grand revealing of a all singing, all dancing training complex and the cost that would involve maintaining those pitches ( again), I’m glad we haven’t put all our eggs in one basket with that one.

The fact that the focus is always on the first team and improving the product on the pitch, maintaining or improving our place in the pyramid is all we ever ask for isn’t it, it’s the whole purpose of the Club and why fans turn up and pay their money. The renovation of the pitch is also a big positive.

If the large majority of fans are positive about tonight then I’m on board with them, maybe we should give those in the Boardroom some credit for stabilising the finances through player sales,irrespective of whether we agree with the sale values etc. We have had a great year financially and it couldn’t have come at a better time by the sounds of it. Retain our L1 status, sort the pitch out, get rid of the dead wood and use those wages to improve the playing squad/style of play for next season have to be the main focus. One last thing,did the Chairman do a presentation and express his feelings about the last 12 months and the Club going forward? Thanks

The Chairman opened the proceedings with a few general comments, but left the nitty-gritty to those who are actually instrumental in dealing with finances/academy/marketing

I was impressed with Tony Pockney. Seems to me he has a great handle on the financial direction of the club, and takes our history and potential for future growth very much in his stride. Positivity with stability

Fans forum thread on 22:44 - Feb 17 with 3247 viewsnordenblue

Fans forum thread on 22:33 - Feb 17 by TalkingSutty

No the chairman introduced himself at the start but kept it short and sweet, I thought Mr Pockney(?) came across very well and answered anything thrown at him and went into some depth regarding the finances,so fair play to him for being so thorough. Whilst admittedly Im not Bottomleys biggest fan I thought he too gave a very good account of himself on the night.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 22:44]
Fans forum thread on 22:47 - Feb 17 with 3223 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans forum thread on 22:39 - Feb 17 by D_Alien

The Chairman opened the proceedings with a few general comments, but left the nitty-gritty to those who are actually instrumental in dealing with finances/academy/marketing

I was impressed with Tony Pockney. Seems to me he has a great handle on the financial direction of the club, and takes our history and potential for future growth very much in his stride. Positivity with stability

I don’t really know Tony Pockney or his background but you aren’t the first to speak about him in positive terms. If he’s a Dale fan and has professional expertise in finance then that’s brilliant. I’ll make a point of chatting with him next time I’m up in the Dale lounge.
Fans forum thread on 23:16 - Feb 17 with 3069 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans forum thread on 22:44 - Feb 17 by nordenblue

No the chairman introduced himself at the start but kept it short and sweet, I thought Mr Pockney(?) came across very well and answered anything thrown at him and went into some depth regarding the finances,so fair play to him for being so thorough. Whilst admittedly Im not Bottomleys biggest fan I thought he too gave a very good account of himself on the night.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 22:44]

Cheers, public speaking and presentations is right up David Bottomley’s street so that doesn’t surprise me. I’m glad he came across well, all the fans want is a bit of plain speaking and clarity, treating them as customers and trying to bleed them dry at every turn will always cause hostility. We are a family Club and fans can’t be treated that way, it should never be a ‘us and them’ mentality from those running the Club. I don’t agree with everything DB does or says but I have big admiration for the way he will front up when confronted and give fans the opportunity to discuss things face to face. I also believe he has a love for the Club, but I’m still not convinced on his desire to progress the Club on the pitch and what he sees as our natural level ( I’m hoping L1/L2), the proof will be in the pudding on that one. The whole Club lives or dies by results on the pitch, People’s jobs literally rely on results (Club and playing staff) , that’s why the focus always has to be on strengthening the playing squad when possible.
Fans forum thread on 23:38 - Feb 17 with 2978 viewstony_roch975

Fans forum thread on 23:16 - Feb 17 by TalkingSutty

Cheers, public speaking and presentations is right up David Bottomley’s street so that doesn’t surprise me. I’m glad he came across well, all the fans want is a bit of plain speaking and clarity, treating them as customers and trying to bleed them dry at every turn will always cause hostility. We are a family Club and fans can’t be treated that way, it should never be a ‘us and them’ mentality from those running the Club. I don’t agree with everything DB does or says but I have big admiration for the way he will front up when confronted and give fans the opportunity to discuss things face to face. I also believe he has a love for the Club, but I’m still not convinced on his desire to progress the Club on the pitch and what he sees as our natural level ( I’m hoping L1/L2), the proof will be in the pudding on that one. The whole Club lives or dies by results on the pitch, People’s jobs literally rely on results (Club and playing staff) , that’s why the focus always has to be on strengthening the playing squad when possible.

strengthening the playing squad may be as much achieved by investing in the Academy, a digitilised ticketing system to increase gates or a training pitch as by buying players or increasing wage bills?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Fans forum thread on 00:19 - Feb 18 with 2888 viewssweetcorn

Did anyone ask what went on at this stag do?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024