Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus 10:39 - Mar 4 with 75774 viewselectricblue

With the spread of this illness what are the chances of games getting called postponed and the season not being completed.....

What would the financial knock on effect be to lower league clubs.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Coronavirus on 09:29 - Apr 7 with 1939 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 07:16 - Apr 7 by BigDaveMyCock

You’ve provided an opinion as to what’s happened re supplies and testing and then told us the full facts will be outed. Surely it would be better to wait for the full facts to be established prior to forming and providing your opinion? Also, the biggest journalistic critics of the government have been its most ardent supporters.
You’re starting off from the premise that the government has ultimately taken the best course of action and is somehow beyond reproach. They may or may not have taken the best course of action but surely you need the full facts to establish that?
A person who approaches such a question from this premise is just the same as someone who approaches it from a leftist perspective that no matter what a Tory government does it will be wrong. It’s an opinion formed from political preference/prejudice rather than facts.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 8:09]

My opinion is based on reading from a range of sources, including reputable broadsheet newspaper(s) plus contacts i still have with NHS staff

It remains an opinion, just as the posts you make based on journalist reportage do. Are you going to take your own advice in future, and wait for full facts to emerge?

Thought not

[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 9:31]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Coronavirus on 09:49 - Apr 7 with 1893 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Coronavirus on 09:29 - Apr 7 by D_Alien

My opinion is based on reading from a range of sources, including reputable broadsheet newspaper(s) plus contacts i still have with NHS staff

It remains an opinion, just as the posts you make based on journalist reportage do. Are you going to take your own advice in future, and wait for full facts to emerge?

Thought not

[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 9:31]

I have not yet formed my opinion on how the government is managing supplies and testing. I’m waiting for the full facts to emerge.
I have also not formed any opinion re the government’s handling of the situation from the many articles in the Daily Telegraph and Daily Mail criticising the government’s testing strategy. Again, I’ll await the full facts to emerge.
I also talk to friends and family working in the NHS, many of whom are painting the same picture as Thacks relative. As tough as it is, I’ll await the emergence of the full facts as to why they paint such a bleak picture re supplies and testing.
What I’m not doing is trying to wrap what I’m reading or hearing into a pro (or anti) government narrative.
I’m remaining open to the possibility that the government could be doing thinks wrong, or right for that matter.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 10:16]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Coronavirus on 10:31 - Apr 7 with 1846 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 00:26 - Apr 7 by D_Alien

Indeed

From what i can gather, the supply chains have had to be overhauled in short order to get the ppe to the pressure points on the front line, and whilst it's still not right it's a lot better than it was even a week or so ago

The same with testing, which had been under the direct control of Public Health England, but government ministers have had to take it out of their hands to push for private labs and university facilities to be enlisted - all the while, not being able to be critical of PHE since that's just not a good look, but getting it in the neck from journalists and others which goes with the territory

The full facts will out, one day when this is over

It’s not just logistical problems, much of the PPE was out of date ! PHE is a Tory creation, so no it wouldn’t look good to slag it off. As I posted a few days ago university labs offered their services to govt weeks ago, they never heard back, ventilator manufacturers offered their products, never heard back. The govt purchased a myriad of immunity testing kits, none work . As Starmer says whilst all parties should work together on this, the mistakes this government and its agencies have made can’t be swept under the carpet. I read a lawyer believes that families of NHS staff that have died deserve prosecutions of the culpable for gross negligence manslaughter

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Coronavirus on 12:24 - Apr 7 with 1769 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

If nothing else comes out of this I hope that bursaries for nurses/ doctors are replaced by totally free degrees. Nurses currently are eligible for £5000 per year on a bursary but the course tuition fees are in excess of £9000 p/a. To ensure that people who qualify don’t go elsewhere some form of “golden handcuffs” contract could be put in place whereby if a person leaves the profession say in the first 5 years they would have to pay back some or all of their grant.
It’s at times like this people realise just how vital the emergency services are.
Coronavirus on 12:52 - Apr 7 with 1742 viewsrochdaleriddler

Gove self isolating now, it’s almost as if the cabinet hasn’t been following the rules on social distancing

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Coronavirus on 13:31 - Apr 7 with 1691 viewsD_Alien

Coronavirus on 09:49 - Apr 7 by BigDaveMyCock

I have not yet formed my opinion on how the government is managing supplies and testing. I’m waiting for the full facts to emerge.
I have also not formed any opinion re the government’s handling of the situation from the many articles in the Daily Telegraph and Daily Mail criticising the government’s testing strategy. Again, I’ll await the full facts to emerge.
I also talk to friends and family working in the NHS, many of whom are painting the same picture as Thacks relative. As tough as it is, I’ll await the emergence of the full facts as to why they paint such a bleak picture re supplies and testing.
What I’m not doing is trying to wrap what I’m reading or hearing into a pro (or anti) government narrative.
I’m remaining open to the possibility that the government could be doing thinks wrong, or right for that matter.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 10:16]

My narrative is neither pro- nor anti-government, it's based on the picture that's emerging, ahead of the full facts

There is value, i believe, in countering some of the more rabid attacks on the government by those whose agenda was decisively whipped from under their feet during the last quarter of 2019. I believe you to be one of them. I've been critical of this administration when it appears to have been slow to respond, whilst having personal experience of the turgid wheels of bureaucracy within the NHS which have had to be cranked up against some vested interests, notably those responsible for the control and licensing of testing laboratories

If you disagree with any specific point i've raised here, you're welcome to respond, but before you do so, you might want to explain why you're happy to post without full possession of the facts virtually every time, whilst attempting (unsuccessfully) to call out those who do so

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Coronavirus on 13:54 - Apr 7 with 1648 viewsdawlishdale

Coronavirus on 12:52 - Apr 7 by rochdaleriddler

Gove self isolating now, it’s almost as if the cabinet hasn’t been following the rules on social distancing

Actually; he's self isolating because a family member is displaying "mild symptoms"

But don't let the facts get in the way of another tiresome Tory bashing post eh?
Coronavirus on 14:04 - Apr 7 with 1634 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 13:31 - Apr 7 by D_Alien

My narrative is neither pro- nor anti-government, it's based on the picture that's emerging, ahead of the full facts

There is value, i believe, in countering some of the more rabid attacks on the government by those whose agenda was decisively whipped from under their feet during the last quarter of 2019. I believe you to be one of them. I've been critical of this administration when it appears to have been slow to respond, whilst having personal experience of the turgid wheels of bureaucracy within the NHS which have had to be cranked up against some vested interests, notably those responsible for the control and licensing of testing laboratories

If you disagree with any specific point i've raised here, you're welcome to respond, but before you do so, you might want to explain why you're happy to post without full possession of the facts virtually every time, whilst attempting (unsuccessfully) to call out those who do so

Why would PHE want to restrict testing and block access to available labs ? What vested interests are you talking about? Source? You seem to be trying to distance the government from the issues here. why? As well documented in here, I am a leftie, and proud of it. I fail to see what you mean about my agenda has been whipped away, whatever that means. I believe in exactly the same things as then, if not more so. Some things the government has done right, a lot appears to be wrong. If this was Corbyn in charge would you be cheerleading for him, I wouldn’t.When the Fail and Torygraph turn on the Tories, you know it’s bad.
I’d like to wish everyone a full recovery, including our politicians locally and nationally. Their lives are Though, no more important than anyone else’s , especially the Doctors, nurses and Care staff woefully let down in all of this

Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus on 15:17 - Apr 7 with 1597 viewsDaleiLama

Coronavirus on 14:04 - Apr 7 by rochdaleriddler

Why would PHE want to restrict testing and block access to available labs ? What vested interests are you talking about? Source? You seem to be trying to distance the government from the issues here. why? As well documented in here, I am a leftie, and proud of it. I fail to see what you mean about my agenda has been whipped away, whatever that means. I believe in exactly the same things as then, if not more so. Some things the government has done right, a lot appears to be wrong. If this was Corbyn in charge would you be cheerleading for him, I wouldn’t.When the Fail and Torygraph turn on the Tories, you know it’s bad.
I’d like to wish everyone a full recovery, including our politicians locally and nationally. Their lives are Though, no more important than anyone else’s , especially the Doctors, nurses and Care staff woefully let down in all of this

I'll certainly give you the benefit of the doubt on your last comment on impartiality - it only takes a second to look around and see that other countries, to include Italy, Spain, US, France etc etc, are all crying out for PPE and workers are routinely caring with inadequate protection. In fact there are calls for a class action private law suit in the US because the situation is so extreme.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 15:17]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Coronavirus on 16:33 - Apr 7 with 1550 viewsrochdaleriddler

Coronavirus on 13:54 - Apr 7 by dawlishdale

Actually; he's self isolating because a family member is displaying "mild symptoms"

But don't let the facts get in the way of another tiresome Tory bashing post eh?

How do you know he isn’t the person who infected the family member?

Coronavirus on 16:35 - Apr 7 with 1545 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Coronavirus on 13:31 - Apr 7 by D_Alien

By seeking to defend the government from what you see as “rabid” attacks by the likes of me (despite me being cautiously supportive of it), you’ve lost your objectivity as to how the government is handling the crisis. You start from the position of, above all else, defend the government (the government is right) and that’s why you’re coming across as an apologist rather than someone who is able to think objectively about the issues.
Where have you been critical? If there is a whiff of it you quickly caveat it by claiming the government is only following advice. So no responsibility lies with them.
Let’s be honest, it’s just party politics isn’t it?
One of the points I take issue with was your unquestioning belief in the lack of reagents explanation. Also, you’ve put an incredibly positive spin on the government’s use (or lack of) of university labs. In fact, the whole testing issue is very questionable.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 17:52]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Coronavirus on 19:02 - Apr 7 with 1455 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Coronavirus on 16:35 - Apr 7 by BigDaveMyCock

By seeking to defend the government from what you see as “rabid” attacks by the likes of me (despite me being cautiously supportive of it), you’ve lost your objectivity as to how the government is handling the crisis. You start from the position of, above all else, defend the government (the government is right) and that’s why you’re coming across as an apologist rather than someone who is able to think objectively about the issues.
Where have you been critical? If there is a whiff of it you quickly caveat it by claiming the government is only following advice. So no responsibility lies with them.
Let’s be honest, it’s just party politics isn’t it?
One of the points I take issue with was your unquestioning belief in the lack of reagents explanation. Also, you’ve put an incredibly positive spin on the government’s use (or lack of) of university labs. In fact, the whole testing issue is very questionable.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 17:52]

My take on it BDM is that I don’t think they want testing, I think it has been decided it would be counter productive and as such the government have stalled as long as they can, and will continue to do so with limited testing.

It’s only my opinion of course, but if you are working with patients who have the virus, you effectively have it, unless you are immune or have had a mild strain and recovered. Of course some of our heroic nhs staff succumb which is tragic, sure we all agree on that.

Let’s assume every nhs worker and every volunteer was tested immediately, and 40% showed symptoms, which is a fair low estimate, the nhs Is effectively in meltdown, as those tested go into isolation.

Make no mistake about this, these nurses and doctors and staff are now the equivalent of army medics, risking their lives every day, the government (rightly or wrongly) can not afford to have staff going into isolation and I think most, even if showing symptoms would not do, as they would consider helping those in need more important.

One thing we need to be sure of at the end of this, is that all nhs staff get paid what they deserve, they should be working tax free next year and rises that are in line with their real worth, something all parties have neglected in the past!

Edit Also remember if Johnny Dickhead gets tested clear he will be having a barbecue on Southend seafront with Peter Dimshit and Stacy Twinkle and all their bellend mates will pop along, welcome second spike of infection!
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 19:07]

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Coronavirus on 23:15 - Apr 7 with 1367 viewsD_Dale

Coronavirus on 13:54 - Apr 7 by dawlishdale

' ... our daughter Beatrice came down with a high fever and assorted Covid-19 symptoms on Sunday. She seems perfectly fine now ... ' writes Sarah Vine (in a piece mostly praising Johnson).
Coronavirus on 00:22 - Apr 8 with 1333 viewskiwidale

Coronavirus on 19:02 - Apr 7 by Thacks_Rabbits

My take on it BDM is that I don’t think they want testing, I think it has been decided it would be counter productive and as such the government have stalled as long as they can, and will continue to do so with limited testing.

It’s only my opinion of course, but if you are working with patients who have the virus, you effectively have it, unless you are immune or have had a mild strain and recovered. Of course some of our heroic nhs staff succumb which is tragic, sure we all agree on that.

Let’s assume every nhs worker and every volunteer was tested immediately, and 40% showed symptoms, which is a fair low estimate, the nhs Is effectively in meltdown, as those tested go into isolation.

Make no mistake about this, these nurses and doctors and staff are now the equivalent of army medics, risking their lives every day, the government (rightly or wrongly) can not afford to have staff going into isolation and I think most, even if showing symptoms would not do, as they would consider helping those in need more important.

One thing we need to be sure of at the end of this, is that all nhs staff get paid what they deserve, they should be working tax free next year and rises that are in line with their real worth, something all parties have neglected in the past!

Edit Also remember if Johnny Dickhead gets tested clear he will be having a barbecue on Southend seafront with Peter Dimshit and Stacy Twinkle and all their bellend mates will pop along, welcome second spike of infection!
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 19:07]

That is an astute post Thacks highlighting not only the bravery and risk taken by medical staff dealing with Covid-19 and some of the anomalies with the testing of Covid-19, more testing will only add to the vast majority who test negative and any follow up will show that the majority of those testing positive recover within 7 days. The figures have never added up compared to other recent pandemics or seasonal flu. The real killer is the respiratory illness that seems to quickly follow Covid-19. Just my opinion without knowing all the facts.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 2:43]

This is not the time for bickering.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024