Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc 12:28 - Mar 23 with 10862 viewsBrierls

I think Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets can now be classified as essentials. Even more sore when the inevitable decision is made to put the country into full lockdown. So, what are people's recommendations...

Sports Documentaries
Comedy
Action
Easy Watching

I've started watching Chicago Fire in the 'Easy Watching' category. It's not exactly 'deep' but it's entertaining enough. That will spin off into Chicago PD no dount, so I'll have a fair stack of episodes to get through.

I'll be getting back into House of Cards and Designated Survivor.

Breaking Bad was superb; anybody who hasn't watched that should give it a go. I couldn't get into The Wire.

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 20:48 - May 14 with 1835 viewsDaleiLama

Unbelievable Jeff. Not only is the beeb still covering Eurovision, but it's airing all 41 Eurovision songs in a "non-competitive format". At least someone had sufficient sense of humour to call it "Europe Shine a Light" (surely not a naïve mistake)?

Thank God for satellite/cable.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 21:41 - May 14 with 1792 viewsisitme

Although I am not a fan of basketball. The Last Dance has been really good.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 22:10 - May 14 with 1759 viewsAtThePeake

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 21:41 - May 14 by isitme

Although I am not a fan of basketball. The Last Dance has been really good.

Have really got into basketball in the last couple of years. The Last Dance has been excellent, Jordan is absolutely fascinating.

Just read 'Punk Football' by Jim Keoghan. Some interesting stories about supporter owned clubs plus what went wrong with the likes of Notts and Stockport.

Tangled up in blue.

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 22:37 - May 14 with 1731 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Watched the documentary about Peter Sellers on BBCI Player, quite good - killed an hour or so. Must admit, not a massive fan of the Goons but I do like the Pink Panther films and Dr Strangelove. Complex character. Interesting what Britt Ekland had to say about him, that if he was around these days he’d have been diagnosed as bi-polar. He basically proposed to every fit woman he met.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 08:44 - May 15 with 1606 viewsRotherhamDale

Nearly finished Gangs Of London on Sky.

Would fully recommend but its not for the squeamish!

Possession with progression.

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 09:08 - May 15 with 1594 viewsisitme

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 08:44 - May 15 by RotherhamDale

I would agree with that. Excellent series.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 10:35 - May 15 with 1565 viewsChaffRAFC

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 08:44 - May 15 by RotherhamDale

I've watched four episodes now and there's a story there somewhere but Joe Cole is a terrible main character. Was very excited about this show but been very underwhelmed. The violence is good in it but almost takes away from the story and character building.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 10:52 - May 15 with 1545 viewsisitme

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 10:35 - May 15 by ChaffRAFC

I've watched four episodes now and there's a story there somewhere but Joe Cole is a terrible main character. Was very excited about this show but been very underwhelmed. The violence is good in it but almost takes away from the story and character building.

I would stick with it. It does build to a good conclusion.
Login to get fewer ads

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 13:30 - May 15 with 1511 viewsShun

If there are any Breaking Bad fans, its Netflix prequel Better Call Saul just keeps getting better and better, and it’s almost at the level of the masterpiece that is BB now.
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 14:33 - May 15 with 1478 viewsChaffRAFC

I'm currently rewatching Lost and Sopranos. Lost, for me, still the greatest TV show in history but it's pretty marmite these days. Sopranos is just genius.

Also been watching repeats of The West Wing on Sky Atlantic while working from home. Tremendous show and will be disappointed again when it ends. Also managed to get my other half started on a show called The Newsroom, same writer as West Wing. It's only 3 seasons but it's absolutely brilliant.

On top of all this we're watching:

After Life 2 - First season was amazing, second has been very good too so far with a couple of episodes left.

Save Me 2 - This was very good also

Brassic 2 - First season was ace, second season is even better. Brilliantly funny northern humour.

Breeders - Very good as well albeit with one incredibly annoying character in it.

Devs - Different, not outstanding but intrigued to see where it goes.

Watched that Tiger King thing like the rest of the world and found it utterly bonkers.

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 14:45 - May 15 with 1462 viewsjudd

How do people find so much time to watch so much television?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 15:11 - May 15 with 1440 viewsTVOS1907

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 14:33 - May 15 by ChaffRAFC

I'm currently rewatching Lost and Sopranos. Lost, for me, still the greatest TV show in history but it's pretty marmite these days. Sopranos is just genius.

Also been watching repeats of The West Wing on Sky Atlantic while working from home. Tremendous show and will be disappointed again when it ends. Also managed to get my other half started on a show called The Newsroom, same writer as West Wing. It's only 3 seasons but it's absolutely brilliant.

On top of all this we're watching:

After Life 2 - First season was amazing, second has been very good too so far with a couple of episodes left.

Save Me 2 - This was very good also

Brassic 2 - First season was ace, second season is even better. Brilliantly funny northern humour.

Breeders - Very good as well albeit with one incredibly annoying character in it.

Devs - Different, not outstanding but intrigued to see where it goes.

Watched that Tiger King thing like the rest of the world and found it utterly bonkers.

'Jim' on Brassic is hilarious.

He's like a farmer version of our very own Mr Angry.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 11:38 - May 16 with 1298 viewsChaffRAFC

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 15:11 - May 15 by TVOS1907

'Jim' on Brassic is hilarious.

He's like a farmer version of our very own Mr Angry.

Ha! I agree, he's probably my favourite character. Him arguing with his reflection about his chips was genius.

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 22:36 - May 19 with 1195 viewsTVOS1907

Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Box Sets etc on 11:38 - May 16 by ChaffRAFC

Ha! I agree, he's probably my favourite character. Him arguing with his reflection about his chips was genius.

He's been local today.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024