Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite lockdown tea 10:29 - Jun 5 with 7917 viewsDaleEdchup

Morning all,

I hope everyone is keeping well.

So we’ve been in lockdown for many weeks now and I was wondering what all of your favourite lockdown tea’s have been during this time?

I am very lucky that my wife, Sheila makes a lovely meat pie with gravy. Delicious.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers

DaleEdChup (78)
Favourite lockdown tea on 10:36 - Jun 5 with 3409 viewsnordenblue

Personally I've managed to cook steak and keep it tender without the need of a chainsaw to sample it, that goes down as my biggest lockdown favourite,it ranks alongside teaching my little girl to ride a bike with no stabilizers or even me legging it behind her for miles on end waiting to catch her...
Favourite lockdown tea on 10:41 - Jun 5 with 3401 viewsChaffRAFC

We had a curry from Tandoori Plaza in Heywood if that counts!

To be fair, my other half is a tremendous cook so anything she makes is ace. Creamy garlic chicken with pasta she does is amazing.

Favourite though was pizza the other night but only because it was the first time my lad had been able to come round to ours and sit in the garden and have tea with us.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Favourite lockdown tea on 10:42 - Jun 5 with 3396 viewsChaffRAFC

Favourite lockdown tea on 10:36 - Jun 5 by nordenblue

Personally I've managed to cook steak and keep it tender without the need of a chainsaw to sample it, that goes down as my biggest lockdown favourite,it ranks alongside teaching my little girl to ride a bike with no stabilizers or even me legging it behind her for miles on end waiting to catch her...

My lad has also mastered his bike without stabilizers during the lockdown period and now there's no stopping him!

Good work.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Favourite lockdown tea on 10:51 - Jun 5 with 3367 viewsD_Alien

I'm no cook, but i've been doing a bit of healthy experimenting

My fave (usually had on a Friday) is Lemon Sole with veg (carrots, broccoli, spinach) and wholegrain rice (full packet) topped with cheesy coleslaw. And a large glass of white

Takes about 20 minutes, which is a huge advantage

I'd normally have been eating out on a Friday but once eateries open up again i'll transfer this concoction to another night
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 10:56]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Favourite lockdown tea on 10:52 - Jun 5 with 3366 viewsncfc_chalky

Favourite lockdown tea on 10:36 - Jun 5 by nordenblue

That sounds like one of lifes great memories norden

Talking of pies reminds me that I was going to try one of those raggy pudding things before lockdown and went online to get some delivered when I noticed that there was also a raggy apple pudding version as well available,this can't be right among connoisseurs can it?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Favourite lockdown tea on 10:54 - Jun 5 with 3355 viewsAtThePeake

I decided to go vegan for my new year's resolution this year and as a result I've found that I've taken more time to cook for myself, which is obviously easier during lockdown too. There have been a couple of cheese and chocolate-shaped slip-ups along the way but haven't had any meat since NYE.

Particularly enjoyed the roast aubergine & coconut curry from the GoodFood site.

Tangled up in blue.

Favourite lockdown tea on 10:57 - Jun 5 with 3341 viewsTalkingSutty

Favourite lockdown tea on 10:52 - Jun 5 by ncfc_chalky

Talking of pies reminds me that I was going to try one of those raggy pudding things before lockdown and went online to get some delivered when I noticed that there was also a raggy apple pudding version as well available,this can't be right among connoisseurs can it?

NY Strip Steak, Mississippi mud pie and a Budweiser.
Favourite lockdown tea on 11:01 - Jun 5 with 3319 viewsnordenblue

Anything sweet in/on savoury food should be banned automatically Chalky....like these weirdos that have pineapple on a pizza or on gammon,theres no helping them lot I'm afraid
Login to get fewer ads

Favourite lockdown tea on 11:04 - Jun 5 with 3305 viewsnordenblue

Favourite lockdown tea on 10:51 - Jun 5 by D_Alien

I'm no cook, but i've been doing a bit of healthy experimenting

My fave (usually had on a Friday) is Lemon Sole with veg (carrots, broccoli, spinach) and wholegrain rice (full packet) topped with cheesy coleslaw. And a large glass of white

Takes about 20 minutes, which is a huge advantage

I'd normally have been eating out on a Friday but once eateries open up again i'll transfer this concoction to another night
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 10:56]

Like a bit of fish too,I've recently discovered pan fried salmon,I was the nice and easy bang it in tin foil in the oven type of guy for years but frying it is far better taste wise,especially with butter, chilli flakes and a bit of cajun spice
Favourite lockdown tea on 11:05 - Jun 5 with 3299 viewsSuddenLad

Both varieties are excellent. The apple puddings with home made custard are a delight.....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Favourite lockdown tea on 11:06 - Jun 5 with 3303 viewsD_Alien

Favourite lockdown tea on 11:01 - Jun 5 by nordenblue

Anything sweet in/on savoury food should be banned automatically Chalky....like these weirdos that have pineapple on a pizza or on gammon,theres no helping them lot I'm afraid

Totally agree nb, keep that apple sauce off my Christmas dinner!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Favourite lockdown tea on 11:09 - Jun 5 with 3283 viewsTVOS1907

Favourite lockdown tea on 10:57 - Jun 5 by TalkingSutty

NY Strip Steak, Mississippi mud pie and a Budweiser.

What about the salmon?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Favourite lockdown tea on 11:16 - Jun 5 with 3273 viewstony_roch975

Favourite lockdown tea on 11:04 - Jun 5 by nordenblue

Like a bit of fish too,I've recently discovered pan fried salmon,I was the nice and easy bang it in tin foil in the oven type of guy for years but frying it is far better taste wise,especially with butter, chilli flakes and a bit of cajun spice

me too - though my choice is sea bass. Also doing more home cooking like AtThePeake - been making batches of corned beef hash recently

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Favourite lockdown tea on 11:22 - Jun 5 with 3251 viewsncfc_chalky

Favourite lockdown tea on 11:01 - Jun 5 by nordenblue

You know what,I quite like the idea of a mince beef pasty type thing with some apple in it

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Favourite lockdown tea on 11:57 - Jun 5 with 3202 viewsShun

Favourite lockdown tea on 10:54 - Jun 5 by AtThePeake

I decided to go vegan for my new year's resolution this year and as a result I've found that I've taken more time to cook for myself, which is obviously easier during lockdown too. There have been a couple of cheese and chocolate-shaped slip-ups along the way but haven't had any meat since NYE.

Particularly enjoyed the roast aubergine & coconut curry from the GoodFood site.

Genuinely intrigued, but how have you been since trying veganism? How have your energy levels been? And your health in general?
Favourite lockdown tea on 12:03 - Jun 5 with 3200 viewsDaleEdchup

Favourite lockdown tea on 10:54 - Jun 5 by AtThePeake

That’s an interesting one AtThePeake. Hope it goes well for you but I think I’d struggle. Love my meat pies.

Cheers

DaleEdChup (78)
Favourite lockdown tea on 12:22 - Jun 5 with 3176 viewsDareToCalvin

I am actually quite interested to see how veganism affects your general well-being because I know Joe Thompson eats a plant based diet and he can’t speak highly enough of it. If you’re intrigued DaleEdChup maybe give it a go for a week and see how it affects your state of mind and health?
Favourite lockdown tea on 12:32 - Jun 5 with 3155 viewsDaleEdchup

Favourite lockdown tea on 12:22 - Jun 5 by DareToCalvin

I am actually quite interested to see how veganism affects your general well-being because I know Joe Thompson eats a plant based diet and he can’t speak highly enough of it. If you’re intrigued DaleEdChup maybe give it a go for a week and see how it affects your state of mind and health?

Nothing wrong with my state of mind and health cheers. Sheila still says I’m a finely tuned athlete. Each to their own though and I respect everyone’s views.

Cheers

DaleEdChup (78)
Favourite lockdown tea on 12:34 - Jun 5 with 3154 views1949er

Pork fillet strips fried in olive oil with sliced onions and mushrooms.Add a stock cube,half a tub of creme fresch served with potato wedges,garlic bread and a glass of Rioja.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Favourite lockdown tea on 12:35 - Jun 5 with 3142 viewselectricblue

Home style Enchildas or spanish chicken.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Favourite lockdown tea on 12:38 - Jun 5 with 3130 viewsMass_Debater

Spam
Favourite lockdown tea on 12:38 - Jun 5 with 3124 viewsnordenblue

Favourite lockdown tea on 12:22 - Jun 5 by DareToCalvin

It's not for me one bit, but a friend of mine is ridiculously fit and is a PT instructor,hes no hippy by any stretch and he swears by it, hes in far better shape and never had as much energy since he went Vegan, something to do with the time it takes your body to digest certain meats etc I seem to remember.
Favourite lockdown tea on 12:43 - Jun 5 with 3104 viewsjoecooke

https://www.britishfoodinamerica.com/Our-Recipes/Puddings/A-rag-pudding-from-Rob

Best rag pudding i ever had was from this guy who was the chef at The Mark Addy, apart from my Aunty Marys who lived on Holborn St. Never had apple but the Jam one she did was to die for.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Favourite lockdown tea on 12:48 - Jun 5 with 3082 viewsnordenblue

Favourite lockdown tea on 12:38 - Jun 5 by Mass_Debater

Spam

Its not..its a proper thread this one
Favourite lockdown tea on 13:31 - Jun 5 with 3038 viewsNigeriamark

5.00 Every Wednesday evening is Chippy night during the current situation & I have to say Rag pudding chips & gravy has been the winner so far ( with HP sauce on the chips too)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024