Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update from CEO 08:59 - Jul 24 with 2928 viewsSandyman

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/july/dbupdate_240720/
Update from CEO on 09:15 - Jul 24 with 2882 viewsDaleiLama

Ta Sandyman. So I guess fixture list will be out by 15th also, so clubs know how many home games they are selling STs for? Unless ST holders will get free access to watch on-line?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Update from CEO on 09:15 - Jul 24 with 2882 viewsYadHoDale

A sensible statement. Gives something to look forward to, and good details about how much there is to be done.

Well done Mr Bottomley.
Update from CEO on 09:18 - Jul 24 with 2865 viewsDalenet

Update from CEO on 09:15 - Jul 24 by DaleiLama

Ta Sandyman. So I guess fixture list will be out by 15th also, so clubs know how many home games they are selling STs for? Unless ST holders will get free access to watch on-line?

I guess they can tell us as soon as the position with Wigan's appeal is clear. Lets see. If it is Peterborough at home that is behind closed doors we can't really complain
Update from CEO on 09:26 - Jul 24 with 2837 viewsdawlishdale

Good update. Difficult times for everyone.
Update from CEO on 09:28 - Jul 24 with 2827 viewsupthedale

Off topic, but vaguely related in updates, are we still waiting for an update about when the club shop will open please? Just wondered whether I'd missed anything - last thing I saw was that the new kit launch might be end of July, but there needs to be a sale first.
Update from CEO on 09:31 - Jul 24 with 2817 viewsFrites

Update from CEO on 09:15 - Jul 24 by YadHoDale

A sensible statement. Gives something to look forward to, and good details about how much there is to be done.

Well done Mr Bottomley.

Agreed - it must have been very tempting to give updates as he went along, but by the following week there is every chance it would have all changed!
Great to have the Trust at the centre of our season ticket structure and pricing - it sounds as though due to reduced numbers without a season ticket you will struggle to get in when crowds are allowed back into the stadium.
Update from CEO on 09:34 - Jul 24 with 2807 viewsAncoats_Blue

Good update. I wonder if a ST will allow for access to iFollow for the 3 weeks of behind closed door games?
Update from CEO on 09:45 - Jul 24 with 2773 viewsAtThePeake

Update from CEO on 09:28 - Jul 24 by upthedale

Off topic, but vaguely related in updates, are we still waiting for an update about when the club shop will open please? Just wondered whether I'd missed anything - last thing I saw was that the new kit launch might be end of July, but there needs to be a sale first.

From the link: "We also hope to be launching our 2020/21 Season Tickets, new kit and a number of other new schemes on Saturday 15th August. The Club Shop, which is only awaiting a new till system, will open imminently with a huge clearance sale, and we will also be having the traditional “Jack the Kitman” sale via the shop after opening. Rochdale AFC facemasks will be available to purchase in-store as well as online thanks to our friends at ICON Sports."

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Update from CEO on 09:51 - Jul 24 with 2753 viewsMass_Debater

Update from CEO on 09:28 - Jul 24 by upthedale

Can't you read?
Update from CEO on 10:10 - Jul 24 with 2702 viewsShun

Good update, and the coming season promises to be, erm, interesting! I can imagine guidance changing countless times over the course of the season. I echo Ancoats’ point though, I do hope buying a season ticket allows us to watch the first few games on iplayer for free.

The coaching and playing staff return on 1st August. That only allows for four weeks of ‘official’ player recruitment before the season starts.
Update from CEO on 10:16 - Jul 24 with 2690 viewsAncoats_Blue

Update from CEO on 09:31 - Jul 24 by Frites

Agreed - it must have been very tempting to give updates as he went along, but by the following week there is every chance it would have all changed!
Great to have the Trust at the centre of our season ticket structure and pricing - it sounds as though due to reduced numbers without a season ticket you will struggle to get in when crowds are allowed back into the stadium.

The CEO of my company has been releasing piece meal updates to customers. Messages that were aiming to deliver stuff (in good faith I guess) only to be battered by the customer base when self imposed deadlines not met due to rule changes and restrictions from the Government. Similar story with EFL clubs. How can any club reasonably forecast when STs go on sale, fixtures re start, players get signed etc when so much is out of their control. In the current uncertainty I don’t think it would’ve been unreasonable for Bottomley (or my boss) to politely say “there’s nothing to tell you until i have confirmation from the authorities that X Y Z things are happening. Bugger off chasing me in the meantime.”
Update from CEO on 10:34 - Jul 24 with 2638 viewsscarrow

Compared to other clubs the silence from Dale has been deafening.

Poll: Final position

Update from CEO on 10:54 - Jul 24 with 2593 viewsupthedale

Update from CEO on 09:51 - Jul 24 by Mass_Debater

Can't you read?

How could I reply to this if I couldn't? No need to be rude.
Update from CEO on 10:55 - Jul 24 with 2587 viewsupthedale

Update from CEO on 09:45 - Jul 24 by AtThePeake

From the link: "We also hope to be launching our 2020/21 Season Tickets, new kit and a number of other new schemes on Saturday 15th August. The Club Shop, which is only awaiting a new till system, will open imminently with a huge clearance sale, and we will also be having the traditional “Jack the Kitman” sale via the shop after opening. Rochdale AFC facemasks will be available to purchase in-store as well as online thanks to our friends at ICON Sports."

Thank you! I completely missed this obviously.

Edit: Now announced for 28th July.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 16:52]
Update from CEO on 13:32 - Jul 24 with 2312 viewsBrierls

Update from CEO on 10:34 - Jul 24 by scarrow

Compared to other clubs the silence from Dale has been deafening.

It hasn't been silence though. The club have updated fans when there is an actual update available. In this case, we've announced the proposed restart date before the EFL.

Moaning for moanings sake.
Update from CEO on 13:51 - Jul 24 with 2259 viewsjudd

Update from CEO on 13:32 - Jul 24 by Brierls

It hasn't been silence though. The club have updated fans when there is an actual update available. In this case, we've announced the proposed restart date before the EFL.

He only believes it will be announced, so in a world of ever-changing information, is it actually an update or an expression of opinion?

From 3 weeks ago: "but your patience is about to be rewarded with lots of news!
I attended an EFL meeting on Thursday and whilst we have been sworn to confidentiality, it appears that a new season date could be a lot sooner than we all feared, and potentially with crowds in some form coming back the same. I think in the next week we will be able to communicate something on this front."

As the Trust has insisted, these updates need to be weekly "and not intermittently".

Poll: What is it to be then?

Update from CEO on 16:01 - Jul 24 with 2046 viewsscarrow

Update from CEO on 13:32 - Jul 24 by Brierls

Will have to disagree there compared to other clubs its been poor. Just my opinion but you can't deny it

Poll: Final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024