Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days 12:17 - Sep 7 with 4145 viewsDalenet

Interesting development in Sunderland overnight. All 300 people that attended a charity football match last week now told to self isolate for 14 days.

Given the rise in infection rates it is inevitable that somebody within a stadium will test positive at some stage - will all fans then be told to self isolate? I am not confident that stadiums will reopen in October
Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 12:27 - Sep 7 with 3171 viewsnordenblue

As mentioned weeks ago,its absolutely ridiculous letting fans into grounds full stop while there's such strict guidelines in place locally, the amount of professional players still testing positive so regularly should ring alarm bells, and yet some still believe they're doing "all they can" and "strict" guidelines are in place,its laughably shit and just a token gesture to try and get matches played.
Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 12:41 - Sep 7 with 3122 viewsD_Alien

Was this match at a stadium (e.g. Stadium of Light)?

If it was at a small venue with no segregation, that's an entirely different matter

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 12:46 - Sep 7 with 3088 viewsD_Alien

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 12:41 - Sep 7 by D_Alien

Was this match at a stadium (e.g. Stadium of Light)?

If it was at a small venue with no segregation, that's an entirely different matter

The latter:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/12065803/coronavirus-up-to-300-peo

I think (with the greatest respect) you need to rein your neck in on this one, norden

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 12:55 - Sep 7 with 3049 viewsboromat

I could imagine this becoming common place. With the bigger stadiums they'll have contact details of people sat in close proximity to others so track and trace should work quite well and be limited to a smaller amount of people rather than a full stadium.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 13:16 - Sep 7 with 2959 viewsD_Alien

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 12:55 - Sep 7 by boromat

I could imagine this becoming common place. With the bigger stadiums they'll have contact details of people sat in close proximity to others so track and trace should work quite well and be limited to a smaller amount of people rather than a full stadium.

As far as i understand it (and please correct me if this isn't right) but the need to trace and contact only occurs for those people with whom you've been in close contact, e.g. holding a face-to-face conversation with no barrier, or in the same indoor room

The regulations around distancing in stadia don't allow this, unless people choose to act without precaution. It's no more controversial for people who do follow the guidance as walking down a busy-ish street

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 14:05 - Sep 7 with 2855 viewsrochdaleriddler

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 12:27 - Sep 7 by nordenblue

As mentioned weeks ago,its absolutely ridiculous letting fans into grounds full stop while there's such strict guidelines in place locally, the amount of professional players still testing positive so regularly should ring alarm bells, and yet some still believe they're doing "all they can" and "strict" guidelines are in place,its laughably shit and just a token gesture to try and get matches played.

Too many people not following guidelines in Rochdale, and nothing to do with football. Got a bus into town yesterday as I fancied a beer after shopping. Four teenagers got on with masks on, but immediately took them off when they sat down all together. Old guy didn’t bother with a mask at all. On the train to Todmorden on Saturday , two lads supping ale, masks in hand. And I’ve used 3 taxis this weekend, none of the drivers( streamline) wore masks. There is no enforcement of the rules, and non compliance is getting more common

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 14:37 - Sep 7 with 2784 views49thseason

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 14:05 - Sep 7 by rochdaleriddler

Too many people not following guidelines in Rochdale, and nothing to do with football. Got a bus into town yesterday as I fancied a beer after shopping. Four teenagers got on with masks on, but immediately took them off when they sat down all together. Old guy didn’t bother with a mask at all. On the train to Todmorden on Saturday , two lads supping ale, masks in hand. And I’ve used 3 taxis this weekend, none of the drivers( streamline) wore masks. There is no enforcement of the rules, and non compliance is getting more common

Everyone is fed up with it now..... I don't normally promote the BBC but this article seems to give a sensible report on where we are now.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53951764
Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 15:39 - Sep 7 with 2681 viewsrochdaleriddler

I see Phil Foden and Mason Greenwood have been sent home for Covid breaches

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 16:31 - Sep 7 with 2549 viewsNigeriamark

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 13:16 - Sep 7 by D_Alien

As far as i understand it (and please correct me if this isn't right) but the need to trace and contact only occurs for those people with whom you've been in close contact, e.g. holding a face-to-face conversation with no barrier, or in the same indoor room

The regulations around distancing in stadia don't allow this, unless people choose to act without precaution. It's no more controversial for people who do follow the guidance as walking down a busy-ish street

I think 15 minutes is meant to be the time allowed before there is significant risk. That wouldn't happen as you pass someone in the street but would do so in a football stadium where you are likely to be within 1 or 2 metres of a few people for almost 2 hours. To counter that a little, outside is probably a lot safer than inside especially on a breezy day but I,m not sure how much safer
Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 16:47 - Sep 7 with 2533 viewsisitme

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 14:37 - Sep 7 by 49thseason

Everyone is fed up with it now..... I don't normally promote the BBC but this article seems to give a sensible report on where we are now.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53951764

And this one:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54000629

What many people do not understand is the the Covid-19 test is not that great. You can test positive up to 12 weeks after infection. You are not contagious 2 weeks after infection. Therefore you can test positive and yet not be infectious. That is why when hospital admissions and Covid-19 deaths are so low mass testing of asymptomatic people is not a good thing. The test also fails to distinguish between Covid-19 and other coronaviruses such as the common cold. There is also an issue with the level of RNA found in the test and whether the testing process should have a threshold which is used to class as positive.

Back to the original post.. I believe the game was held at a non league type of venue without any official social distancing regulations. For the vast majority of the 300 they will be isolating for no reason, although I understand why they have been told to. At Rochdale everyone is isolated either in their family bubble or on their own. They will not be in 'direct contact' for a minimum of 15 minutes which is the trigger for the track and trace self isolation.
Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 17:43 - Sep 7 with 2447 views442Dale

It’s interesting that since October was mentioned as a time for fans to return to grounds, there hasn’t been much in the way of further plans towards this. A lot of the uncertainty will come from not knowing how things will change across the country and what restrictions would be in place locally that may affect football.

For example, could Bolton feasibly be able to stage a game as they stand in that area at present? Not saying they should or they shouldn’t, but it’s what the decision making process is in places that are in the ‘red zone’ and climbing with restrictions in place and further ones being discussed. As far as we are concerned in Rochdale, numbers are likely to tip over the 50 per 100k line now/soon, which is when extra focus is put on what measures/restrictions are in place. We might not all agree on what will happen, but we’re in a numbers game now that may dictate that attending games or not could be very much a start/stop affair. Let’s hope we are in a position to start.

Edit: now seen the other thread where the Pompey game may be a test event. Let’s see what happens with that and whether it progresses.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 17:52]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 17:55 - Sep 7 with 2408 viewsnordenblue

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 12:46 - Sep 7 by D_Alien

The latter:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/12065803/coronavirus-up-to-300-peo

I think (with the greatest respect) you need to rein your neck in on this one, norden

Why would I need to "rein my neck in" then?

You dont see its a little odd, folk not being able to see their family,friends etc in their own garden but not a problem to go to a football match surrounded by total strangers.....

By attaching "with the greatest respect" doesn't water down whats clearly an absolute tvvat of a comment.
Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 18:03 - Sep 7 with 2387 views442Dale

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 17:55 - Sep 7 by nordenblue

You dont see its a little odd, folk not being able to see their family,friends etc in their own garden but not a problem to go to a football match surrounded by total strangers.....

By attaching "with the greatest respect" doesn't water down whats clearly an absolute tvvat of a comment.

Unfortunately the two are separate conversations and not a comparison to be made. The mixing of households inside/gardens of private properties has obviously been established as a risk. If they could guarantee people and their kids wouldn’t be hugging grandparents/cousins/mate’s kids etc, they’d be allowing it. Whereas a football ground, much like say a supermarket or work place etc has strict guidance to follow to increase the safety of the environment. Yes,there are still risks, but they are managed risks.

The only way that comparison about seeing family/friends at home could be made would be if similar ‘Covid secure’ measures were taken and passed by the relevant authorities. It might sound ridiculous, but that’s where we are when people aren’t taking the responsibility to act accordingly within the rules - others who can and are fall foul.

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 18:11 - Sep 7 with 2359 viewsnordenblue

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 18:03 - Sep 7 by 442Dale

Unfortunately the two are separate conversations and not a comparison to be made. The mixing of households inside/gardens of private properties has obviously been established as a risk. If they could guarantee people and their kids wouldn’t be hugging grandparents/cousins/mate’s kids etc, they’d be allowing it. Whereas a football ground, much like say a supermarket or work place etc has strict guidance to follow to increase the safety of the environment. Yes,there are still risks, but they are managed risks.

The only way that comparison about seeing family/friends at home could be made would be if similar ‘Covid secure’ measures were taken and passed by the relevant authorities. It might sound ridiculous, but that’s where we are when people aren’t taking the responsibility to act accordingly within the rules - others who can and are fall foul.

"Covid secure" brilliant...these measures are installed all over,pubs,transport,shopping and as we've all seen followed to the letter....or maybe not, meeting folk regardless of location is a risk.

As we've all witnessed many of these "covid secure" regulations are just a token gesture,in reality they do very little as many dont even bother adhering
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 18:11]
Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 18:18 - Sep 7 with 2324 views442Dale

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 18:11 - Sep 7 by nordenblue

"Covid secure" brilliant...these measures are installed all over,pubs,transport,shopping and as we've all seen followed to the letter....or maybe not, meeting folk regardless of location is a risk.

As we've all witnessed many of these "covid secure" regulations are just a token gesture,in reality they do very little as many dont even bother adhering
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 18:11]

Agreed. So that’s why we see further restrictions on things like meeting family and friends. We can all only make what we believe to be the right choices, but that’s been the case for the last six months.

If Dale can play games with crowds then it’ll be because the risks and management of them are believed to be sufficient at the time. As noted earlier, we may yet have to accept that due to our locality and current and possible future restrictions, there may be clubs who see fans return before we can go ourselves.

Or we might all be allowed to before anyone else when we play Portsmouth a week on Saturday!

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 18:24 - Sep 7 with 2309 viewsnordenblue

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 18:18 - Sep 7 by 442Dale

Agreed. So that’s why we see further restrictions on things like meeting family and friends. We can all only make what we believe to be the right choices, but that’s been the case for the last six months.

If Dale can play games with crowds then it’ll be because the risks and management of them are believed to be sufficient at the time. As noted earlier, we may yet have to accept that due to our locality and current and possible future restrictions, there may be clubs who see fans return before we can go ourselves.

Or we might all be allowed to before anyone else when we play Portsmouth a week on Saturday!

Are there plans in place to eject anyone from the ground who doesn't comply with all these regulations,who's there to implement these during a match?
What happens when someone walks passed you too close to go to the toilet or stood near you on the way in,whats the repercussions to that scenario?

The fact is its far safer responsibly meeting family and friends in your own outdoor surroundings than going to a football match surrounded by complete strangers who you can only hope comply, dont hold your breath mind... or do even...
Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 18:30 - Sep 7 with 2280 viewsD_Alien

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 17:55 - Sep 7 by nordenblue

My comments are based on sound epidemiological principles

Yours appear to be based on shitting yourself

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 18:32 - Sep 7 with 2268 views442Dale

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 18:24 - Sep 7 by nordenblue

Are there plans in place to eject anyone from the ground who doesn't comply with all these regulations,who's there to implement these during a match?
What happens when someone walks passed you too close to go to the toilet or stood near you on the way in,whats the repercussions to that scenario?

The fact is its far safer responsibly meeting family and friends in your own outdoor surroundings than going to a football match surrounded by complete strangers who you can only hope comply, dont hold your breath mind... or do even...

It might be far safer in our families if we follow the social distancing rules. But many don’t. That’s why we have the restrictions.

Football grounds and workplaces can be managed. How they manage them and how successful they are managed is another matter, yes. But again, zero comparison as we don’t encounter procedures and specific instructions at home as we do in those environments now.

Totally get we look at things from our own perspective, but for months that’s been an issue which has seen people justify behaviours that although they may believe it to be acceptable, in reality it isn’t and isn’t helping. There’s a bigger picture than what an individual might think, no matter how hard it is to deal with. That’s not a criticism by the way, it’s incredibly difficult for anyone to do their best.

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 18:36 - Sep 7 with 2257 viewsDalenet

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 12:46 - Sep 7 by D_Alien

The latter:

Whilst I acknowledge that this was at a non league ground where restrictions weren't enforced, they did have track and trace and decided everybody should isolate regardless of where you stood in the ground or whether you went inside or not. The rumpus here is that some of the attendees to catch it are kids and now some schools locally have been closed. The story of fans at football causing schools to close is a PR disaster. Its the lead story on Look North today

Will be interesting to see how the test games go. But I am not hopeful that we will be allowed in come October.
Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 18:41 - Sep 7 with 2240 views442Dale

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 18:36 - Sep 7 by Dalenet

Whilst I acknowledge that this was at a non league ground where restrictions weren't enforced, they did have track and trace and decided everybody should isolate regardless of where you stood in the ground or whether you went inside or not. The rumpus here is that some of the attendees to catch it are kids and now some schools locally have been closed. The story of fans at football causing schools to close is a PR disaster. Its the lead story on Look North today

Will be interesting to see how the test games go. But I am not hopeful that we will be allowed in come October.

Schools will be causing Spotland to close soon...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/more-thousa

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 19:05 - Sep 7 with 2183 viewsnordenblue

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 18:32 - Sep 7 by 442Dale

It might be far safer in our families if we follow the social distancing rules. But many don’t. That’s why we have the restrictions.

Football grounds and workplaces can be managed. How they manage them and how successful they are managed is another matter, yes. But again, zero comparison as we don’t encounter procedures and specific instructions at home as we do in those environments now.

Totally get we look at things from our own perspective, but for months that’s been an issue which has seen people justify behaviours that although they may believe it to be acceptable, in reality it isn’t and isn’t helping. There’s a bigger picture than what an individual might think, no matter how hard it is to deal with. That’s not a criticism by the way, it’s incredibly difficult for anyone to do their best.

I totally understand what you're saying but still disagree,nice to hear a reasoned debate though 442.

For me there are rules in place domestically and folk clearly don't comply,when there's rules in place for attending social gatherings again folk wont/dont comply, they are definitely comparable scenarios.
Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 19:06 - Sep 7 with 2178 viewsnordenblue

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 18:30 - Sep 7 by D_Alien

My comments are based on sound epidemiological principles

Yours appear to be based on shitting yourself

Shitting myself from what exactly?
Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 19:17 - Sep 7 with 2154 viewstony_roch975

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 19:05 - Sep 7 by nordenblue

I totally understand what you're saying but still disagree,nice to hear a reasoned debate though 442.

For me there are rules in place domestically and folk clearly don't comply,when there's rules in place for attending social gatherings again folk wont/dont comply, they are definitely comparable scenarios.

Agree, in both scenarios non compliance is possible but as 442 argues, surely the risks of non-compliance are higher in a private garden then in a stewarded public event - it's a balance of risks judgement?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 19:24 - Sep 7 with 2127 viewsnordenblue

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 19:17 - Sep 7 by tony_roch975

Agree, in both scenarios non compliance is possible but as 442 argues, surely the risks of non-compliance are higher in a private garden then in a stewarded public event - it's a balance of risks judgement?

Absolutely, and folk will always non comply in both scenarios, the balance of risks you mention can lead folk to totally eliminate further risks by simply non attendance,and I think that's a major factor too in the poor take up on the season cards/tickets we've seen.
Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 19:49 - Sep 7 with 2080 viewsD_Alien

Football match attendees told to self isolate for 14 days on 19:06 - Sep 7 by nordenblue

Shitting myself from what exactly?

I've tried to have a reasoned debate with you; it wasn't sinking in about making false comparisons

I can only conclude that you're worried sick, which many were about four months ago. Most of us are able to judge risk and take sensible precautions and see no need to keep banging on about fans and players wanting to return to something as close to normal sporting activity as circumstances allow

Bang on if you must, though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024