Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update on fans returning 18:24 - Sep 15 with 17351 views442Dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54158891

So some could have fans back at weekend, however “ Those in local lockdown areas were told they would not receive permission to take part in the test events.”

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Update on fans returning on 19:31 - Sep 22 with 1990 views442Dale

Update on fans returning on 19:22 - Sep 22 by rochdaleriddler

I thought we had budgeted for the no fan scenario, and having 1000 back wasn’t going to earn the club any money

Yes, and that may have meant the playing budget was adjusted if fans didn’t return. It could have been a plan for different scenarios. In fact, it almost certainly is. Not that it will definitely affect recruitment plans. But it might.

Update on fans returning on 19:32 - Sep 22 with 1985 viewsboromat

Update on fans returning on 19:13 - Sep 22 by 442Dale

Thought it was very clear. We could purchase a SC on the understanding it may mean attending some/none of the games.

Nobody was under any illusions what could happen and to say otherwise would have been being oblivious of the path the Covid numbers could take. Similarly, anyone who would say we never had a chance of seeing games in October would have been wrong. It’s been an ever-shifting situation, where hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Yep I don't see why a refund would be given I bought my season card knowing that there was a chance I'd be watching every game on iFollow but obviously in hope that it wouldn't be the case.

Now that we know the new situation be nice to hear from the club on how they have planned for this. And what it means for the rest of the season.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Update on fans returning on 19:38 - Sep 22 with 1966 viewsD_Alien

Thought it was very clear. We could purchase a SC on the understanding it may mean attending some/none of the games.

Nobody was under any illusions what could happen and to say otherwise would have been being oblivious of the path the Covid numbers could take. Similarly, anyone who would say we never had a chance of seeing games in October would have been wrong. It’s been an ever-shifting situation, where hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Nevertheless, we might anticipate a statement from the club following today's unwelcome news, and it'll be treated by some as though they fully expected to be attending 22 games

My point was intended to highlight how the club might feel under pressure to re-iterate the conditions under which SCs were bought. There was clearly an "act of faith" involved; it remains to be seen whether that in itself will prove sufficient to divert those so inclined, from requiring recompense, and whether the club will feel obliged to try to sweeten the bitter pill

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Update on fans returning on 19:51 - Sep 22 with 1907 views442Dale

Update on fans returning on 19:38 - Sep 22 by D_Alien

Nevertheless, we might anticipate a statement from the club following today's unwelcome news, and it'll be treated by some as though they fully expected to be attending 22 games

My point was intended to highlight how the club might feel under pressure to re-iterate the conditions under which SCs were bought. There was clearly an "act of faith" involved; it remains to be seen whether that in itself will prove sufficient to divert those so inclined, from requiring recompense, and whether the club will feel obliged to try to sweeten the bitter pill

We can only hope it is sufficient. Like everything else in all this, it requires people to have a much more empathetic and wider outlook on a significantly bigger picture, although that is often extremely hard to do.

Update on fans returning on 20:01 - Sep 22 with 1880 viewsnordenblue

Update on fans returning on 18:30 - Sep 22 by Dalenet

Completely agree with the likelihood of seeing football this season and always did - can't see the club rushing to return season ticket funds though. Can you?

I'd be surprised if the club hadn't at least thought this one through at the time of releasing the season tickets Dalenet, im no medical expert by any stretch and not sure it required one to figure out when they started to relax various conditions it was inevitable the virus would rocket through the roof, the biggest one was the pubs reopening its like an open ticket for bell ends to act well just as they usually do, and fook everyone else...

I'm all for things returning to some sort of "normal" when its possible, but it doesn't half seem like we're trying to spectacularly shoe horn various social events back into what is still a ridiculously dangerous period in our lifetime.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 20:02]
Update on fans returning on 20:05 - Sep 22 with 1872 viewsAncoats_Blue

Update on fans returning on 09:37 - Sep 22 by ncfc_chalky

I watched the Hashtag Utd v Soham Park Rangers game last night and social distancing was non existent when it went to penalties and they all gathered behind the goal

I’ve been watching local non league sides whilst I can’t go to Dale.
At Mossley v Ramsbottom tonight. They’re taking the distancing a lot more seriously than other clubs I’ve visited recently. Just wish the biffos stood near me would distance more than they are. Not that they’re less than 2m. Just they’re taking shite about Oldham.
Update on fans returning on 20:19 - Sep 22 with 1827 viewsrochdaleriddler

But the club did state the number of fans that would be allowed in, once the govt allowed it. Many people thought that they could live with missing the odd game, but that a season card, or family card would probably ensure admission once the ground was partially open. Yes there was a leap of faith in buying a season card, but it could be argued that people that bought holidays as the rules changed daily were being naive, but they are entitled to their cash back, they weren’t offered a viewing of their hotel room for a fortnight via a dodgy video feed

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Update on fans returning on 20:25 - Sep 22 with 1798 viewsncfc_chalky

Update on fans returning on 20:05 - Sep 22 by Ancoats_Blue

At Mossley v Ramsbottom tonight. They’re taking the distancing a lot more seriously than other clubs I’ve visited recently. Just wish the biffos stood near me would distance more than they are. Not that they’re less than 2m. Just they’re taking shite about Oldham.

The Hashtag v Soham game was excellent last night and the fans kept apart in the ground until it went to penalties when a load of them went behind the goal to put the opposition off (I think)
Over the past couple of seasons I've gone down and watched Carlton Town and I've got to say that I've found non league football quite enjoyable ...... Yeah I know before anyone says it
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 20:27]

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Login to get fewer ads

Update on fans returning on 20:33 - Sep 22 with 1771 viewsAncoats_Blue

Update on fans returning on 20:05 - Sep 22 by Ancoats_Blue

Changed my mind. Got talking to them and they’re a good laugh. Enjoying these non league games more than iFollow at the moment!
Update on fans returning on 20:33 - Sep 22 with 1768 viewsrochdaleriddler

Update on fans returning on 20:01 - Sep 22 by nordenblue

I'd be surprised if the club hadn't at least thought this one through at the time of releasing the season tickets Dalenet, im no medical expert by any stretch and not sure it required one to figure out when they started to relax various conditions it was inevitable the virus would rocket through the roof, the biggest one was the pubs reopening its like an open ticket for bell ends to act well just as they usually do, and fook everyone else...

I'm all for things returning to some sort of "normal" when its possible, but it doesn't half seem like we're trying to spectacularly shoe horn various social events back into what is still a ridiculously dangerous period in our lifetime.

I feel safer in the pub than the supermarket!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Update on fans returning on 20:34 - Sep 22 with 1763 viewsrochdaleriddler

Update on fans returning on 20:33 - Sep 22 by Ancoats_Blue

Changed my mind. Got talking to them and they’re a good laugh. Enjoying these non league games more than iFollow at the moment!

I follow is dire

Update on fans returning on 20:50 - Sep 22 with 1716 viewsJames1980

Update on fans returning on 20:34 - Sep 22 by rochdaleriddler

I follow is dire

Tempting fate here but apart from a few commentary issues I have never had an issue.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Update on fans returning on 21:05 - Sep 22 with 1673 viewsrochdaleriddler

Update on fans returning on 20:50 - Sep 22 by James1980

Tempting fate here but apart from a few commentary issues I have never had an issue.

I meant watching sterile games on it, as opposed to being there!

Update on fans returning on 21:09 - Sep 22 with 1662 viewsDaleiLama

Update on fans returning on 20:19 - Sep 22 by rochdaleriddler

But the club did state the number of fans that would be allowed in, once the govt allowed it. Many people thought that they could live with missing the odd game, but that a season card, or family card would probably ensure admission once the ground was partially open. Yes there was a leap of faith in buying a season card, but it could be argued that people that bought holidays as the rules changed daily were being naive, but they are entitled to their cash back, they weren’t offered a viewing of their hotel room for a fortnight via a dodgy video feed

Bit of an extreme comparison that Riddler?

Throw in 20 minutes a day on a sun bed, a dose of deli belly, a couple of cockroaches, a sombrero and two bottles of own label spirits and there would have been no need for a refund on holidays either?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Update on fans returning on 21:18 - Sep 22 with 1624 viewsDalenet

I can understand the sentiment. And of course the Sandy Laners will get a £10 iFollow pass in lieu of their £8.60 season ticket price. So no complaints there. Others may feel more aggrieved. Especially if they were asked to be "real fans" by a couple of posters on here and not ask for a refund for unused games last season. We've lost 60% of our season ticket holders already - lets not lose more next season. The club has to show some moral spine on this one (in my view) and come up with a credit token towards the next ST payment as some other clubs are doing. But for now lets see how many games are impacted as there is still a chance it won't be a full season lock out.
Update on fans returning on 21:21 - Sep 22 with 1612 viewsTipperaryDale

From RAFC's official site;

"If home games are played behind closed doors, will I be entitled to a refund for any game that I can’t gain entry to?

Season Card holders will receive an iFollow pass for any home game played behind closed doors. Should the Government retract its guidance on allowing supporters into the ground from October 1st onwards, then the Club will look to offer a refund on Season Cards."
Update on fans returning on 21:24 - Sep 22 with 1597 views442Dale

Update on fans returning on 21:21 - Sep 22 by TipperaryDale

From RAFC's official site;

"If home games are played behind closed doors, will I be entitled to a refund for any game that I can’t gain entry to?

Season Card holders will receive an iFollow pass for any home game played behind closed doors. Should the Government retract its guidance on allowing supporters into the ground from October 1st onwards, then the Club will look to offer a refund on Season Cards."

Genuinely didn’t realise that!

However, hopefully should games themselves not be affected, we can still have the option to watch ifollow for free rather than a refund.

Update on fans returning on 21:34 - Sep 22 with 1575 viewsDaleiLama

Update on fans returning on 20:01 - Sep 22 by nordenblue

Massively complex tightrope to walk this "re-opening" lark. Pressure from every side to "get life back to normal" for all the reasons of well-being already discussed and conversely, pressure to not have one more unnecessary death. Then there's commerce and the general population to keep on economic life support, unless you happen to make hand gel.

Every individual will have different priorities depending on their profession, interests, personal circumstances etc and every opinion is valid to each individual. All the government has to do is to find a one-size fits all solution and then pay for it.

When you're in uncharted waters, all you can do is suck it and see. The tap was turned on too quickly this time. There was also an element of pent up stir craziness "now that's all over" in some quarters. There are also those who won't be changing their lifestyles for something that's just a spot of flu. The "next normal" will be more restrictive and may even get worse before it gets better due to seasonality and people still thinking they know better in spite of the evidence and the science. I was on holiday in Devon last week. The number of people who walked within a foot of me when I couldn't get out of their way was shocking. It was like Rona had never visited these shores. The answer is a vaccine. There's going to be an awful lot more difficult questions before that answer shows up though.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Update on fans returning on 21:42 - Sep 22 with 1546 viewsnordenblue

Update on fans returning on 20:33 - Sep 22 by rochdaleriddler

I feel safer in the pub than the supermarket!

You will do 9 pints deep
Update on fans returning on 21:51 - Sep 22 with 1510 viewsnordenblue

Update on fans returning on 21:34 - Sep 22 by DaleiLama

Massively complex tightrope to walk this "re-opening" lark. Pressure from every side to "get life back to normal" for all the reasons of well-being already discussed and conversely, pressure to not have one more unnecessary death. Then there's commerce and the general population to keep on economic life support, unless you happen to make hand gel.

Every individual will have different priorities depending on their profession, interests, personal circumstances etc and every opinion is valid to each individual. All the government has to do is to find a one-size fits all solution and then pay for it.

When you're in uncharted waters, all you can do is suck it and see. The tap was turned on too quickly this time. There was also an element of pent up stir craziness "now that's all over" in some quarters. There are also those who won't be changing their lifestyles for something that's just a spot of flu. The "next normal" will be more restrictive and may even get worse before it gets better due to seasonality and people still thinking they know better in spite of the evidence and the science. I was on holiday in Devon last week. The number of people who walked within a foot of me when I couldn't get out of their way was shocking. It was like Rona had never visited these shores. The answer is a vaccine. There's going to be an awful lot more difficult questions before that answer shows up though.

Totally agree DL and a very good post as usual, everyone will always see and want things from their perspective as a general rule and its become even more apparent under these strange times.

Even before the latest update from our Boris it was clear they started to put the economy much before folks health and some of the restrictions are nothing but a series of contradictions to most, its one fine mess thats for sure and thankfully I'm not the one having to pick my way through it while the country jumps on his every move.
Update on fans returning on 22:44 - Sep 22 with 1421 viewsD_Alien

Update on fans returning on 21:51 - Sep 22 by nordenblue

Totally agree DL and a very good post as usual, everyone will always see and want things from their perspective as a general rule and its become even more apparent under these strange times.

Even before the latest update from our Boris it was clear they started to put the economy much before folks health and some of the restrictions are nothing but a series of contradictions to most, its one fine mess thats for sure and thankfully I'm not the one having to pick my way through it while the country jumps on his every move.

I don't find any contradiction in the different guidelines or restrictions; they're all designed with the same purpose - to reduce the rate of transmission in particular places or settings

The difficulty some people have, is in treating each setting (home, place of work, public venue, indoor/outdoor etc) as if they were all the same

Some, that is, rather than assuming "most"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Update on fans returning on 23:45 - Sep 22 with 1353 viewsAncoats_Blue

Update on fans returning on 21:42 - Sep 22 by nordenblue

You will do 9 pints deep

In a pub I can sit at a table with people I know, getting table service. In a supermarket I’ve Sharon , Darren and Karen as well as Tom Dick & Harry leaning and breathing over me to pick up a loaf of bread. 100% feel safer in a pub.
Update on fans returning on 01:37 - Sep 23 with 1305 viewsAtThePeake

Update on fans returning on 21:05 - Sep 22 by rochdaleriddler

I meant watching sterile games on it, as opposed to being there!

Unfortunately it's not a choice any of us have at the moment if we want to watch Dale play.

Tangled up in blue.

Update on fans returning on 07:41 - Sep 23 with 1162 viewsnordenblue

Update on fans returning on 23:45 - Sep 22 by Ancoats_Blue

In a pub I can sit at a table with people I know, getting table service. In a supermarket I’ve Sharon , Darren and Karen as well as Tom Dick & Harry leaning and breathing over me to pick up a loaf of bread. 100% feel safer in a pub.

Not sure where you go shopping but in the last 6 months I've never had that,but again I go when its quiet rather than when the rest of the idiots wander around in the shops
Update on fans returning on 08:30 - Sep 23 with 1114 viewsrochdaleriddler

Update on fans returning on 21:42 - Sep 22 by nordenblue

You will do 9 pints deep

I do zero pints deep.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024