Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale 12:10 - Sep 25 with 6944 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale 25th Sep 2020 12:09
Dale make their first ever trip to Portman Road on Saturday afternoon where they will take on an Ipswich side that has started the season in strong form. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 17:06 - Sep 26 with 2854 viewsDalenet

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 17:01 - Sep 26 by since58

Good effort from the boys today, considering the injury situation.
They will play worse and win.

So true. We are passing much better and getting the ball forward. 15 shots isn't bad. Getting them through a strong defence was always a big ask. Good game to watch I thought even if our defensive errors cost us in the end.

How did Peterborough do :)
Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 17:06 - Sep 26 with 2853 viewsMasher

Both goals avoidable but we looked too slow to go forward when 2 goals down. I think we needed to show a bit more urgency. They didn't look that much better than us but just looked a bit sharper up top. I don't think anyone was expecting anything from today but i feel more frustrated than anything else as we could have done so much better. We will be ok though i reckon. Onto the next one!

Up The Dale!!

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 17:07 - Sep 26 with 2843 viewsJames1980

We are improving and at least Dale's first victory at Portman Road will be in front of away fans.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 17:13 - Sep 26 with 2758 viewsboromat

Yep entertaining game which could have gone either way but Ipswich were the better side and the result is probably what most would have predicted before the game. What wouldn't have been predicted is the amount of chances we managed to create. If only we could find some clinical finishing!

Feel like both Newby and Rathbone are trying to do a bit too much at the minute when the could mix it up and keep it simple a little more often and keep possession. Beesley had some opportunities but didn't really stamp a mark on the game reminds me a bit of Joe Bunney for some reason.

Thought Done did a job at left back which must have been difficult having not played there for a while.

Think BBM got it wrong with the subs. The two youngsters should have been trusted to come into the game earlier than they did.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 17:17 - Sep 26 with 2699 viewsMasher

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 17:13 - Sep 26 by boromat

Yep entertaining game which could have gone either way but Ipswich were the better side and the result is probably what most would have predicted before the game. What wouldn't have been predicted is the amount of chances we managed to create. If only we could find some clinical finishing!

Feel like both Newby and Rathbone are trying to do a bit too much at the minute when the could mix it up and keep it simple a little more often and keep possession. Beesley had some opportunities but didn't really stamp a mark on the game reminds me a bit of Joe Bunney for some reason.

Thought Done did a job at left back which must have been difficult having not played there for a while.

Think BBM got it wrong with the subs. The two youngsters should have been trusted to come into the game earlier than they did.

I thought Beesley had a good game. He hasn't played a game since March but i reckon he will add much more for us up top and will only get better. If only he could have made more of the late chance he had

Up The Dale!!

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 17:19 - Sep 26 with 2678 viewsrichfoad32

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 17:13 - Sep 26 by boromat

I think that Beesley has a bit more about him physically than Bunney and was a promising enough debut. Just a shame that the one time he managed a sweet strike was when he was flagged for offside. Neat finish though.
Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 17:23 - Sep 26 with 2640 viewsboromat

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 17:19 - Sep 26 by richfoad32

I think that Beesley has a bit more about him physically than Bunney and was a promising enough debut. Just a shame that the one time he managed a sweet strike was when he was flagged for offside. Neat finish though.

He definitely showed enough today to see some potential. Just going to take him some time isn't it.

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 19:37 - Sep 26 with 2219 viewsAncoats_Blue

Expected nowt from today and got that. Fair enough. I’m going to carry on watching local non league games whilst Dale is inaccessible and the Govt allow it. Paid for my ST but I hate football on TV so iFollow ain’t ain’t for me. Live football wins all day long.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 22:16 - Sep 26 with 1921 viewsoddjob007

Give me a performance like that rather than this rubbish

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 04:52 - Sep 27 with 1721 viewsJames1980

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 22:16 - Sep 26 by oddjob007

That line about Revels is the sort of thing Hilly would say.

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 08:48 - Sep 27 with 1588 viewsboromat

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 04:52 - Sep 27 by James1980

That line about Revels is the sort of thing Hilly would say.

Hillcroft back by Christmas 😂

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 08:50 - Sep 27 with 1578 viewsDaleiLama

Not sure about Revels, Snickers is a more common reaction to BWFC latterly.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 09:46 - Sep 27 with 1480 viewsJames1980

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 08:48 - Sep 27 by boromat

Hillcroft back by Christmas 😂

To be fair at least they have experience getting a team promoted from League Two.

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 10:03 - Sep 27 with 1452 viewselectricblue

Instead of the bull shit being spouted why cant he say that they are just not good enough..

Simple as that..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 10:46 - Sep 27 with 1366 viewsboromat

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 09:46 - Sep 27 by James1980

To be fair at least they have experience getting a team promoted from League Two.

I thought getting rid of them was a ridiculous decision. Imagine them this year with the budget Evatts has been given!!

Board just weren't strong enough and caved in to fan pressure.

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 11:07 - Sep 27 with 1313 viewsboromat

Conclusion on ourselves from the Ipswich fans page match report.

"Rochdale, who in the first half looked a level above any of the Blues’ previous League One opponents but lacked a cutting edge, never looked like getting back into the game despite continuing to push until the end."

Pretty fair I think and a bit of hope that we could come good soon against some of the lesser teams. Their previous opponents in the league are Bristol Rovers and Wigan.

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 11:25 - Sep 27 with 1267 viewsD_Alien

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 11:07 - Sep 27 by boromat

Conclusion on ourselves from the Ipswich fans page match report.

"Rochdale, who in the first half looked a level above any of the Blues’ previous League One opponents but lacked a cutting edge, never looked like getting back into the game despite continuing to push until the end."

Pretty fair I think and a bit of hope that we could come good soon against some of the lesser teams. Their previous opponents in the league are Bristol Rovers and Wigan.

Injuries apart, i think we're not far off being a decent L1 outfit

We badly need a win to raise confidence levels and push us away from the bottom of the table. It'll be "dog eat dog" against both Fleetwood and Accy and the danger is we'll play it too nice. Good to see Lund getting back into the thick of things (according to the match report on here). He adds that bit of extra grit we need, and once we're competing, it's a case of see what comes out in the wash...

[Post edited 27 Sep 2020 11:27]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 11:50 - Sep 27 with 1211 viewsboromat

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 11:25 - Sep 27 by D_Alien

Injuries apart, i think we're not far off being a decent L1 outfit

We badly need a win to raise confidence levels and push us away from the bottom of the table. It'll be "dog eat dog" against both Fleetwood and Accy and the danger is we'll play it too nice. Good to see Lund getting back into the thick of things (according to the match report on here). He adds that bit of extra grit we need, and once we're competing, it's a case of see what comes out in the wash...

[Post edited 27 Sep 2020 11:27]

Yes I agree not far off and definitely could do with some goals, ideally a win. I think the squad depth still has me worried with injuries as well. Be great to see some of the older youngsters like Bradley, Hopper and Tavares start to show that they can handle some more first team minutes. Might put mind mind at ease a little bit.

Still need a left back for me.

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 12:36 - Sep 27 with 1144 viewsfunkkk

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 10:46 - Sep 27 by boromat

I thought getting rid of them was a ridiculous decision. Imagine them this year with the budget Evatts has been given!!

Board just weren't strong enough and caved in to fan pressure.

Hill doesn't have a great record when given money.

The Bolton fans couldn't stand him and his ridiculous press conferences, he was never going to be afforded the same patience as we gave him as he had no history of success.
Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 12:59 - Sep 27 with 1097 viewsboromat

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 12:36 - Sep 27 by funkkk

The Bolton fans couldn't stand him and his ridiculous press conferences, he was never going to be afforded the same patience as we gave him as he had no history of success.

Think it's more like no record as he's never had money to spend as far as I'm aware. Rochdale X 2, Barnsley and Bolton after nearly going under. 😂

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 13:32 - Sep 27 with 1056 viewsJames1980

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 12:36 - Sep 27 by funkkk

Bolton should have put a no press conference clause in his contract.

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 18:09 - Sep 27 with 862 viewsDaleiLama

Match Preview: Ipswich vs Rochdale on 13:32 - Sep 27 by James1980

Bolton should have put a no press conference clause in his contract.

Non appearance bonus?!?
[Post edited 27 Sep 2020 18:09]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024