Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Card update 13:59 - Sep 30 with 7019 viewsIOMDale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/september/202021-season-card-update_sept

UTDNFS

Season Card update on 14:22 - Sep 30 with 3271 viewsrochdaleriddler

Simple choice

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season Card update on 14:23 - Sep 30 with 3266 viewsD_Alien

Looks to me like they've got this absolutely right

Couldn't be clearer, and gives those with a SC the option of claiming a refund at any stage, minus the number of iFollow games they've watched

Also sensible regarding DFRC, keeping them on sale with marketing options leading up to Xmas

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Card update on 14:24 - Sep 30 with 3258 viewsTipperaryDale

I think this is as good as the club can do - if you want to receive the iFollow you can, but also this will guarantee your seat if/when the Covid restrictions are lifted. If you want to get a refund, you can, less the £20 missed for the two home matches BCD.

Wonder what other clubs are doing?
Season Card update on 14:26 - Sep 30 with 3246 viewsDalenet

Season Card update on 14:23 - Sep 30 by D_Alien

Looks to me like they've got this absolutely right

Couldn't be clearer, and gives those with a SC the option of claiming a refund at any stage, minus the number of iFollow games they've watched

Also sensible regarding DFRC, keeping them on sale with marketing options leading up to Xmas

It is clear but a lost opportunity. Won't this just drive many of the SC holders to ask for a refund? Why not offer to credit your SC account with a credit of the difference between an iFollow code and what you have paid once we get to the end of the season as a credit for next season. That means the club can keep the cash.

We obviously don't need the cash in the way perhaps implied with the messaging across the summer (Although the CEOs very well received interview since this posting suggests we do)
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 15:49]
Season Card update on 14:29 - Sep 30 with 3230 viewsD_Alien

Season Card update on 14:26 - Sep 30 by Dalenet

It is clear but a lost opportunity. Won't this just drive many of the SC holders to ask for a refund? Why not offer to credit your SC account with a credit of the difference between an iFollow code and what you have paid once we get to the end of the season as a credit for next season. That means the club can keep the cash.

We obviously don't need the cash in the way perhaps implied with the messaging across the summer (Although the CEOs very well received interview since this posting suggests we do)
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 15:49]

I think the refund option was specified when SCs were being marketed (was it Tipperary who posted that link t' other day?), so the club are obliged to honour it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Card update on 14:29 - Sep 30 with 3224 viewsAncoats_Blue

I think I’ll wait til New Year and see how the gov rules on fans in games pans out. I bought the ST knowing I’d miss a big chunk of games at Spotland but missing all season is a bit too much. I’m not a huge fan of football on the telly, Dale or anyone. I just find it sterile. Nothing wrong with the commentary team on iFollow or quality of picture. It’s just not for me. I don’t think I want to have paid a few hundred for something I don’t like/want.
Season Card update on 14:31 - Sep 30 with 3202 viewsTipperaryDale

In that case Ancoats, wouldn't you be better of asking for a refund and then paying for individual games when they arise? Otherwise you're paying a tenner a game for the iFollow codes?
Season Card update on 15:10 - Sep 30 with 3074 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Season Card update on 15:14 - Sep 30 with 3053 viewsAncoats_Blue

Season Card update on 14:31 - Sep 30 by TipperaryDale

In that case Ancoats, wouldn't you be better of asking for a refund and then paying for individual games when they arise? Otherwise you're paying a tenner a game for the iFollow codes?

I’d be better off financially, yes. But I saw my ST purchase mostly as an act of financial support for the club whilst it’d had no income for months. So I’d feel a bit shite asking for the money back. Also, glass half full, if fans are allowed back at some point this season I would like to be able to attend not have to wait for pot luck of general sale if crowds are restricted to 1-2000.
Season Card update on 15:14 - Sep 30 with 3048 viewsdingdangblue

Season Card update on 14:31 - Sep 30 by TipperaryDale

Or take the refund and next seasons season ticket is paid for.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season Card update on 15:27 - Sep 30 with 2993 viewsShun

Season Card update on 15:10 - Sep 30 by 442Dale

He speaks very well and very candidly, you can see why he's getting a bit of media attention lately. The update is very much appreciated from me at least, it's quite stirring at times! It really does sound like there's a huge amount of work going on at the club to get things ready, and it's just a shame we won't get to see them for a while.

Good to hear the financial package to lower league clubs is being worked on. That's the first I've heard of it since it was mooted a few months ago. Still, if many do fans do take full refunds I can see some clubs being absolutely crippled.

Also interesting to see that Robbie's explanation for how the iFollow money is slightly different to us due to differences between L1 and L2.
Season Card update on 15:29 - Sep 30 with 2983 viewsDaleiLama

One of his better interviews that and a fair bit of pertinent detail sprinkled in, so kudos where it's deserved. Not sure about waving the flag for stadium maintenance after "birdshitgate" but the rest of it was spot on and well received.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season Card update on 15:38 - Sep 30 with 2941 viewsTomRAFC

I'm happy to keep the iFollow passes. I've really enjoyed watching the games. I miss the fun of the Sandy Lane but having the view of the match you get from the broadcasted game is brilliant.

It's a bit sad that certain age groups dont get the full amount of iFollow passes. Not every child goes to a game with a person from their household (Grandparents etc). It would be a shame for them to miss watching the game during the period of time where we aren't able to go into other's houses.

I've had a watch of D.B.'s interview. There's been a bit of criticism of the wording in the clubs statements for a while. He comes across so much better in interview than he does in written statements. Kudos.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Season Card update on 15:44 - Sep 30 with 2917 viewsDaleiLama

The one pitfall I see with this offer is the price you paid for your SC in the first place.

From a purely monetary point of view, if it was for the Sandy, you actually make money from your SC purchase versus buying 23 games on ifollow (assuming no crowds this season). If you bought a main stand SC, you are most out of pocket - to the tune of £105 - on the same basis as above. I don't have a dog in this fight - just making an observation.

Of course, if crowds do come back, you'll be guaranteed to be one of the 2176 in the ground and not hoping to pick up one of the 702 matchday tickets available to DFRC and spot fans (presumably in that order)?

Season Card update on 15:53 - Sep 30 with 2882 viewsDalenet

Season Card update on 15:44 - Sep 30 by DaleiLama

The one pitfall I see with this offer is the price you paid for your SC in the first place.

From a purely monetary point of view, if it was for the Sandy, you actually make money from your SC purchase versus buying 23 games on ifollow (assuming no crowds this season). If you bought a main stand SC, you are most out of pocket - to the tune of £105 - on the same basis as above. I don't have a dog in this fight - just making an observation.

Of course, if crowds do come back, you'll be guaranteed to be one of the 2176 in the ground and not hoping to pick up one of the 702 matchday tickets available to DFRC and spot fans (presumably in that order)?

It was also good to hear that we had sold 1478 SCs. A lot more than I had expected - at ine stage we seemed to limp to 1000.

Has anybody seen Tony Lloyd at a dale game by the way? Or has he been given a complimentary season ticket to buy some influence (which is sensible by the way)?
Season Card update on 16:13 - Sep 30 with 2820 views56years

Excellent update - candid and really interesting. Certainly put the current situation in context and also clarified the position re iFollow.
Season Card update on 16:19 - Sep 30 with 2792 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season Card update on 15:53 - Sep 30 by Dalenet

It was also good to hear that we had sold 1478 SCs. A lot more than I had expected - at ine stage we seemed to limp to 1000.

Has anybody seen Tony Lloyd at a dale game by the way? Or has he been given a complimentary season ticket to buy some influence (which is sensible by the way)?

Stupid remark

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season Card update on 16:21 - Sep 30 with 2784 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season Card update on 15:44 - Sep 30 by DaleiLama

Not really as a season pass for iFollow is much cheaper abroad, so this season should be priced lower for uk based fans

Season Card update on 16:23 - Sep 30 with 2772 viewsblackdogblue

Season Card update on 16:21 - Sep 30 by rochdaleriddler

Not really as a season pass for iFollow is much cheaper abroad, so this season should be priced lower for uk based fans

How much cheaper?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Season Card update on 16:35 - Sep 30 with 2738 viewsDalenet

Season Card update on 16:19 - Sep 30 by rochdaleriddler

Stupid remark

were you not surprised we had sold 1478 season cards?
Season Card update on 16:58 - Sep 30 with 2668 viewsDaleiLama

Season Card update on 16:21 - Sep 30 by rochdaleriddler

I would have thought a flat rate of £180-200 for an ifollow season pass for all UK based folk would be a reasonable compromise for fans wanting to support the club and the club getting income. Anyone who wouldn't want to pay that could pick and choose individual games to watch.

It's a moot point anyway, cos no one knows if there will be games and the EFL probably wouldn't allow it on this basis. At the minute though, an ifollow pass is costing a Sandy SC holder £8.70 a game. Main-stand SC > £14.50 a pop.

Season Card update on 17:01 - Sep 30 with 2649 viewsDaleiLama

Season Card update on 16:23 - Sep 30 by blackdogblue

How much cheaper?

This was posted recently: "overseas fans like myself get 46 games ( I got FA cup last year as well) for 140 quid ( it was only 110 last year)".

Season Card update on 17:02 - Sep 30 with 2648 viewsjudd

Season Card update on 16:58 - Sep 30 by DaleiLama

I would have thought a flat rate of £180-200 for an ifollow season pass for all UK based folk would be a reasonable compromise for fans wanting to support the club and the club getting income. Anyone who wouldn't want to pay that could pick and choose individual games to watch.

It's a moot point anyway, cos no one knows if there will be games and the EFL probably wouldn't allow it on this basis. At the minute though, an ifollow pass is costing a Sandy SC holder £8.70 a game. Main-stand SC > £14.50 a pop.

Sandy SC holders are made to watch ifollow stood up though.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season Card update on 17:40 - Sep 30 with 2552 viewsNigeriamark

Season Card update on 17:01 - Sep 30 by DaleiLama

This was posted recently: "overseas fans like myself get 46 games ( I got FA cup last year as well) for 140 quid ( it was only 110 last year)".

we also get cup matches as well. I didn't pay for last night so should be 50 or so matches

Also I believe the club have no say in I-follow pricing as it has to be applied across all clubs. If I-Follow/EFL offered a discount to 1 club they would have to discount the other 71 so not in their interest. I would have hoped something could be done for UK based fans as a 1 off this season ( or even half a season) as the reason for only allowing it for overseas fans was to ensure UK fans had to turn up for games. Not much point this season.

If Hypothetically I was a bit crooked, I could live in the UK and buy the overseas package anyway by purchasing with a VPN. You can set it to an overseas site and then go into the subscription section. It will then offer you the 140 GBP package. Doesn't matter if you use a UK credit card, as long as you say you reside at a foreign address. Of course it would be breaking the rules so I would never suggest it.
Season Card update on 17:43 - Sep 30 with 2543 viewsfitzochris

Season Card update on 17:40 - Sep 30 by Nigeriamark

we also get cup matches as well. I didn't pay for last night so should be 50 or so matches

Also I believe the club have no say in I-follow pricing as it has to be applied across all clubs. If I-Follow/EFL offered a discount to 1 club they would have to discount the other 71 so not in their interest. I would have hoped something could be done for UK based fans as a 1 off this season ( or even half a season) as the reason for only allowing it for overseas fans was to ensure UK fans had to turn up for games. Not much point this season.

If Hypothetically I was a bit crooked, I could live in the UK and buy the overseas package anyway by purchasing with a VPN. You can set it to an overseas site and then go into the subscription section. It will then offer you the 140 GBP package. Doesn't matter if you use a UK credit card, as long as you say you reside at a foreign address. Of course it would be breaking the rules so I would never suggest it.

Some morally bankrupt people have been doing it for years now. Bastards.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024