Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman steps down 16:31 - Feb 18 with 12638 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/february/statement_boardofdirectors/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chairman steps down on 18:48 - Feb 18 with 2850 views49thseason

Chairman steps down on 18:27 - Feb 18 by sxdale

I am unsure about the American's taking a controlling interest, would rather they worked with the current board (this may have been happening) to prove what they and smarterscout? can bring to the party. It just reminds me to much of the international scouting network lauded about on t'other side of Heywood.

Well, unless the current board can bring in a serious investor, there aren't too many other options. Certainly the remaining board members dont seem to have either the will or depth of pockets that are required to run a L1 club with average gates of 3,600, a knackered Lottery and seemingly more coaches and trainers than players.
Chairman steps down on 18:48 - Feb 18 with 2852 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Call me a cynic but getting out now means any share sale will undoubtedly be worth more than if we’re relegated...
Chairman steps down on 18:57 - Feb 18 with 2749 viewsJames1980

Are his shares for sale are we just presuming they are?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Chairman steps down on 18:59 - Feb 18 with 2733 viewsseasidedale

I think we are assuming that shares are for sale
Chairman steps down on 19:08 - Feb 18 with 2656 viewssxdale

Chairman steps down on 18:48 - Feb 18 by 49thseason

Well, unless the current board can bring in a serious investor, there aren't too many other options. Certainly the remaining board members dont seem to have either the will or depth of pockets that are required to run a L1 club with average gates of 3,600, a knackered Lottery and seemingly more coaches and trainers than players.

That's why I am unsure, agree with what you say but would be happier for knowing more about plans for finance any talk of loans, zero interest or otherwise etc.bring out the worst in my untrusting nature. I am so far sat on the fence that I've got splinters tickling me tonsils
Chairman steps down on 19:19 - Feb 18 with 2592 viewsBigKindo

Chairman steps down on 17:36 - Feb 18 by seasidedale

CD would have to buy shares, he sold his to the Americans remember

No he wouldn't
Chairman steps down on 19:46 - Feb 18 with 2444 viewsmartindalefc1

Another blatant example of where our club is heading........ actions need to be taken now to save the club on and off the field ASAP...... not one fan can sit there and say they are happy with how things are at the moment.......and things look like they are only going to get worse
Chairman steps down on 20:31 - Feb 18 with 2238 viewsblackdogblue

Chairman steps down on 18:57 - Feb 18 by James1980

Are his shares for sale are we just presuming they are?

I’m not the best person on company law I must admit but I’m pretty sure you cannot be a majority shareholder without the responsibility it brings...

AK has stepped down responsibility as COE, with immediate effect.. how does that work?

Anyone have more knowledge?

Reminds me of only fools. Trotters Independent Traders as an acronym in big lights...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Chairman steps down on 20:46 - Feb 18 with 2164 viewsjudd

Chairman steps down on 20:31 - Feb 18 by blackdogblue

I’m not the best person on company law I must admit but I’m pretty sure you cannot be a majority shareholder without the responsibility it brings...

AK has stepped down responsibility as COE, with immediate effect.. how does that work?

Anyone have more knowledge?

Reminds me of only fools. Trotters Independent Traders as an acronym in big lights...

You do not have to be a director or employee of a company in which you are the major shareholder.

It makes sense to be so, so you can have more influence over the protection of your investment, but the former chairman appears to have a well paid job away from the club, and he will not be getting a return on his shares at Rochdale other than the club continuing to operate.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Chairman steps down on 20:48 - Feb 18 with 2150 viewsJames1980

Until the dust settles and we know what is going on whether you are in, out or have splinters from sitting on the fence let's all agree to get behind BBM and the team whole heartedly. This uncertainty cannot be good so perhaps we can have a spot of stability as a fan base albeit from afar.

Chairman steps down on 21:49 - Feb 18 with 1990 viewsboromat

Always seemed a reluctant chairman so I'm not too upset with this just apprehensive about who may take over the reigns.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Chairman steps down on 22:07 - Feb 18 with 1913 viewsD_Alien

Chairman steps down on 20:48 - Feb 18 by James1980

Until the dust settles and we know what is going on whether you are in, out or have splinters from sitting on the fence let's all agree to get behind BBM and the team whole heartedly. This uncertainty cannot be good so perhaps we can have a spot of stability as a fan base albeit from afar.

No, no and thrice NO

Today's resignation makes no difference to what happens on Saturday against Plymouth. BBM still has a job to do and unless he starts doing it better through simple adjustments - of mindset as much as anything else - the criticism should be maintained

Appeals to fans to get behind the Dale wholeheartedly are also a bit annoying to those of us who've been following - wholeheartedly - since before you were born, and if i might say so come across as pretty trite

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chairman steps down on 22:08 - Feb 18 with 1900 views49thseason

Chairman steps down on 21:49 - Feb 18 by boromat

Always seemed a reluctant chairman so I'm not too upset with this just apprehensive about who may take over the reigns.

They could go for a Non-Exec Chairman. Maybe someone with good connections in the financial world? Lets hope they find someone who actually has an ounce of leadership in his bones and likes football.
Chairman steps down on 22:12 - Feb 18 with 1865 viewsmartindalefc1

Excellent comment....... but you just know we will end up with a backward move to one of the already established dinosaurs in charge..... this is an opportunity to bring in some new hungry, forward thinking blood to take the club on....... someone with the energy to start to move the club into the 21st century!!!!
Chairman steps down on 22:18 - Feb 18 with 1824 viewsJames1980

Chairman steps down on 22:07 - Feb 18 by D_Alien

No, no and thrice NO

Today's resignation makes no difference to what happens on Saturday against Plymouth. BBM still has a job to do and unless he starts doing it better through simple adjustments - of mindset as much as anything else - the criticism should be maintained

Appeals to fans to get behind the Dale wholeheartedly are also a bit annoying to those of us who've been following - wholeheartedly - since before you were born, and if i might say so come across as pretty trite

OK criticise after the game if the performance deserves it.
And I forgot unless you are a Rochney (born within the earshot of the townhall bells) and saw the first promotion season. You must not have an opinion. 😔

Chairman steps down on 22:19 - Feb 18 with 1817 viewsTVOS1907

Chairman steps down on 22:18 - Feb 18 by James1980

OK criticise after the game if the performance deserves it.
And I forgot unless you are a Rochney (born within the earshot of the townhall bells) and saw the first promotion season. You must not have an opinion. 😔

He didn't say that, James.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Chairman steps down on 22:26 - Feb 18 with 1773 viewsJames1980

Chairman steps down on 22:19 - Feb 18 by TVOS1907

He didn't say that, James.

OK that's how the 'before you were born' bit felt though.

Chairman steps down on 22:31 - Feb 18 with 1740 views442Dale

Chairman steps down on 22:26 - Feb 18 by James1980

Length of time as a fan never matters much, but there can’t ever be an expectation that we should all think the same about managers/the board. If there’s valid criticism to be made with the intention to point out something that is affecting the club, it most certainly should be made and hopefully heard. To “back” the club always is not being a supporter, the word itself indicates you should always support. And we should, anything that is brought up should be in support of the club, even if others may see it as criticism that doesn’t.

Chairman steps down on 22:35 - Feb 18 with 1722 viewsD_Alien

Chairman steps down on 22:26 - Feb 18 by James1980

There was a suggestion earlier today that a change of manager might be used by the board to paper over the more severe cracks behind the scenes - lo and behold, they're now visible

So we're hardly going to allow a change of Chairman to paper over the playing side - the thing that we're most concerned with as fans - so i'll be perfectly honest and tell you i couldn't care less how you felt about my comment, on this occasion, since you weren't mindful of those whose views are based on much longer exposure to these types of issues

Chairman steps down on 22:42 - Feb 18 with 1677 viewsJames1980

Chairman steps down on 22:35 - Feb 18 by D_Alien

There was a suggestion earlier today that a change of manager might be used by the board to paper over the more severe cracks behind the scenes - lo and behold, they're now visible

So we're hardly going to allow a change of Chairman to paper over the playing side - the thing that we're most concerned with as fans - so i'll be perfectly honest and tell you i couldn't care less how you felt about my comment, on this occasion, since you weren't mindful of those whose views are based on much longer exposure to these types of issues

Sorry I didn't mean for the original comment to be so divisive.

Chairman steps down on 22:47 - Feb 18 with 1644 viewsD_Alien

Chairman steps down on 22:42 - Feb 18 by James1980

Sorry I didn't mean for the original comment to be so divisive.

I know, and your intention wasn't divisive

I think we can both (all) not argue over that - apologies all round

Now... if McShane and McLaughlin haven't broken down again due to the mild weather, do they start on Saturday?

Chairman steps down on 22:51 - Feb 18 with 1615 viewsDalenet

Chairman steps down on 22:08 - Feb 18 by 49thseason

They could go for a Non-Exec Chairman. Maybe someone with good connections in the financial world? Lets hope they find someone who actually has an ounce of leadership in his bones and likes football.

I genuinely thought he was a non executive Chairman.

My concern is that we go for an Executive Chairman. The Board can elect anybody to the Board and elect anybody as Chair. Unless the Articles suggest otherwise they don't need to have a large shareholding. Just the ability to lead, protect the shareholders interests and help develop the strategy.

My mind works overtime sometimes. Would a CEO like the idea of being an Executive Chairman? And could the new Secretary become the operational CEO given their experience at Chester? There's a thought
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 22:52]
Chairman steps down on 22:53 - Feb 18 with 1606 viewsJames1980

Chairman steps down on 22:47 - Feb 18 by D_Alien

I know, and your intention wasn't divisive

I think we can both (all) not argue over that - apologies all round

Now... if McShane and McLaughlin haven't broken down again due to the mild weather, do they start on Saturday?

Oh to have BBM's first choice 11 start with a bench of subs that will make the right impact.

Chairman steps down on 22:57 - Feb 18 with 1597 views442Dale

Chairman steps down on 22:53 - Feb 18 by James1980

Oh to have BBM's first choice 11 start with a bench of subs that will make the right impact.

And to get it onto the discussion I alluded to, that would be good but only if those players were able to play in a different way.

Chairman steps down on 22:58 - Feb 18 with 1591 viewsjudd

Chairman steps down on 22:51 - Feb 18 by Dalenet

I genuinely thought he was a non executive Chairman.

My concern is that we go for an Executive Chairman. The Board can elect anybody to the Board and elect anybody as Chair. Unless the Articles suggest otherwise they don't need to have a large shareholding. Just the ability to lead, protect the shareholders interests and help develop the strategy.

My mind works overtime sometimes. Would a CEO like the idea of being an Executive Chairman? And could the new Secretary become the operational CEO given their experience at Chester? There's a thought
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 22:52]

Why reward failure?

The club has regressed commercially and the cost base off field expanded under the direction of the current CE.

To elevate this failure to Executive Chairman would be totally unacceptable. I would hope that an incoming chairman would ensure the current autocracy is taken to heel and targets and results addressed in accordance with expectations.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024