Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale 17:41 - Mar 1 with 35937 viewsChaffRAFC

Match Preview: Hull City v Rochdale 1st Mar 2021 17:14
Dale take on Hull City this week after an awful set of results that have piled the pressure on manager Brian Barry-Murphy as Dale head closer and closer to the drop zone. 0

Refwatch: Hull City v Rochdale 1st Mar 2021 19:00
Referee James Bell will be the man in the middle for Dale’s game at Hull on Tuesday night. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 09:15 - Mar 2 with 10655 viewsChaffRAFC

Stats Magic - Hull City v Rochdale 2nd Mar 2021 09:00
TVOS brings us the stats ahead of our away trip over to Hull City. 0

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 09:31 - Mar 2 with 10629 viewstodmordendale

Should results elsewhere go against us tonight We could well be bottom of the league tonight.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 10:36 - Mar 2 with 10516 viewskel

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 09:31 - Mar 2 by todmordendale

Should results elsewhere go against us tonight We could well be bottom of the league tonight.

It’s only a matter of time anyway.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 10:52 - Mar 2 with 10475 viewsJames1980

So who do we think the 11 will be, is McShane on the bench because he played Saturday? Will Morley play further up the pitch. If we go down without any fight again will the forum be a new manager unveiling?

A loss against Luton preceeded Hill receiving his marching orders. Will this be BBM's swansong for his days as Rochdale manager?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 11:29]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 11:23 - Mar 2 with 10410 viewsChaffRAFC

If I'm trying to predict it:

......................Bazunu..........................
Osho.......EOC............McNulty......Done
............Morley.....Shaughnessy...........
Grant..........................................Baah
............Newby............Humphrys.......

On the basis that McLaughlin and McShane can't play two games a week it seems. Keohane, Ryan, Dooley, Lund and Beesley all out injured and Rathbone suspended.

If it was me picking with those same squad restrictions, I'd go.

..............................Bazunu..................................
Osho..........O'Connell.......Roberts..............Done
..........................Shaughnessy..............................
..............Hopper......................Morley................
Newby..................Humphrys....................Baah

I've seen more positive things from Hopper in EFL Trophy games than I've seen from Grant and tonight is a game where nobody expects anything other than defeat. Hopefully one or two can surprise it and be back involved in the squad tonight.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 11:42 - Mar 2 with 10353 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 11:23 - Mar 2 by ChaffRAFC

If I'm trying to predict it:

......................Bazunu..........................
Osho.......EOC............McNulty......Done
............Morley.....Shaughnessy...........
Grant..........................................Baah
............Newby............Humphrys.......

On the basis that McLaughlin and McShane can't play two games a week it seems. Keohane, Ryan, Dooley, Lund and Beesley all out injured and Rathbone suspended.

If it was me picking with those same squad restrictions, I'd go.

..............................Bazunu..................................
Osho..........O'Connell.......Roberts..............Done
..........................Shaughnessy..............................
..............Hopper......................Morley................
Newby..................Humphrys....................Baah

I've seen more positive things from Hopper in EFL Trophy games than I've seen from Grant and tonight is a game where nobody expects anything other than defeat. Hopefully one or two can surprise it and be back involved in the squad tonight.

I'd start McNulty over Roberts personally as I think he did okay against Blackpool and Northampton. I like the idea of giving Hopper a chance but if we're sticking with the 4-4-2 I think I'd like to see Odoh being given a chance as well, instead of Grant in your predicted XI.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 11:58 - Mar 2 with 10307 viewsgolfaduffy

It's getting tough to predict which players should actually be picked when injuries and loss of form are taken into account.

I'd like to see Mclaughlin fit enough to start, and then I'd play Osho alongside EOC at the back (assuming McShane won't play). I'd also try Roberts in the role that Morley has been attempting, and rest/drop Shaughnessy, who has not impressed me at all. I'd also have Newby on the bench, but play him for the second half....again; he doesn't look up to playing 90 minutes of L1 football.

Expecting a heavy defeat tonight, but you just never know with Dale. They have players with quality and pace, which we don't have apart from a very disillusioned looking Baah. Bottom of the league before mid month would not surprise me, and would be in keeping with the CEO's managed relegation aims.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 11:59 - Mar 2 with 10299 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 11:42 - Mar 2 by AtThePeake

I'd start McNulty over Roberts personally as I think he did okay against Blackpool and Northampton. I like the idea of giving Hopper a chance but if we're sticking with the 4-4-2 I think I'd like to see Odoh being given a chance as well, instead of Grant in your predicted XI.

I'd like someone to ask about why Dunne never gets an opportunity at left back? Isn't being on the bench but never getting a single minute on the pitch a tad demoralising for the lad. Will Osho if picked as RB step up to the plate this time. Odoh will hopefully be a bit of an unknown quantity. Will Shaughnessy be played up front to help hold up the ball, is there anyone with height in the reserves forward line who could do a job at holding the ball up?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 12:20 - Mar 2 with 10249 viewsRotherhamDale

I'm depressed just thinking about it.

Possession with progression.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 12:23 - Mar 2 with 10234 viewsNorthernDale

I would agree with the selection, I wonder if Keohane and Dooley will be fit tonight or not, however my team would be,

Bazuna
Mcloughlin..... EOC.... Mcshane...... Done......
Keohane (If he is not fit - Shaughnessy)
Grant..... Morley..... Newby...... Baah......
Humphrys

Subs:
Lynch, Roberts, McNulty, Osho, Odoh, Shughnessy and if fit.... Dooley (if both Keohane and Dooley are not available, then it would be Brierley and Dunne, with Shaunghnessy starting).

if Keohane is fit, it would be a question of do you take the risk of starting with Keohane or not, instead of Shaughnessy, Keohane would bring better defensive qualities to the team. I would seek to use Grant and Baah pace on the wing.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 12:33 - Mar 2 with 10188 viewssurb_dale

I'd like to us try 3 centre halves and wing backs.

McClaughlin Osho O'Connell McNulty/Roberts Done
Shaughnessy Morley
Newby
Humphrys Baah

Likely to get a spanking no matter so may as well try something different.
Wilks will no doubt score and terrorise us as is customary.
They have lost their lost two at home so just maybe we could spring a surprise. Hard to be optimistic though.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 12:40 - Mar 2 with 10164 viewsMass_Debater

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 12:20 - Mar 2 by RotherhamDale

I'm depressed just thinking about it.

When aren't you?
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 12:47 - Mar 2 with 10142 viewsChaffRAFC

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 11:59 - Mar 2 by James1980

I'd like someone to ask about why Dunne never gets an opportunity at left back? Isn't being on the bench but never getting a single minute on the pitch a tad demoralising for the lad. Will Osho if picked as RB step up to the plate this time. Odoh will hopefully be a bit of an unknown quantity. Will Shaughnessy be played up front to help hold up the ball, is there anyone with height in the reserves forward line who could do a job at holding the ball up?

The fact he's been on the bench but not played suggests there's a reason for that in that he may not be ready.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 12:52 - Mar 2 with 10114 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 12:47 - Mar 2 by ChaffRAFC

The fact he's been on the bench but not played suggests there's a reason for that in that he may not be ready.

Surely he gets ready in the dressing room before sitting on the bench?

He'd catch his death of cold.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 12:55 - Mar 2 with 10104 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 12:47 - Mar 2 by ChaffRAFC

I don't think I'm the only person who has questioned why he doesn't get a chance though. I don't know perhaps being on the team sheet is enough for the lad. If he is just there to make up the numbers wouldn't his slot be better utilised by another player.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 12:59 - Mar 2 with 10094 viewsmilnrowblue

I'll buy the iFollow pass for the sake of boosting the club coffers by a tenner, but I'll probably put my laptop to more use by finishing my Football Manager season.

Can't wait to see the customary "Wilks ('1), ('7), ('14)" notifications flash up.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 13:07 - Mar 2 with 10073 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 12:59 - Mar 2 by milnrowblue

I'll buy the iFollow pass for the sake of boosting the club coffers by a tenner, but I'll probably put my laptop to more use by finishing my Football Manager season.

Can't wait to see the customary "Wilks ('1), ('7), ('14)" notifications flash up.

Hope "Brierley" scores for us...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 13:13 - Mar 2 with 10044 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 13:07 - Mar 2 by TVOS1907

Hope "Brierley" scores for us...

HammerDale?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 13:17 - Mar 2 with 10030 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 13:13 - Mar 2 by D_Alien

HammerDale?

Hope not!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 13:24 - Mar 2 with 10001 viewsRotherhamDale

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 12:40 - Mar 2 by Mass_Debater

When aren't you?

Rarely post but OK

Possession with progression.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 13:43 - Mar 2 with 9924 viewsFrog

Can't believe we still have BBM in charge, it's as if the powers that be want relegation but I can't imagine why.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 14:18 - Mar 2 with 9839 viewsShun

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 12:55 - Mar 2 by James1980

I don't think I'm the only person who has questioned why he doesn't get a chance though. I don't know perhaps being on the team sheet is enough for the lad. If he is just there to make up the numbers wouldn't his slot be better utilised by another player.

I would imagine the thinking is that by bringing a youth player into the matchday fold there's a huge amount of beneficial experience there, even if they don't make it on to the pitch. Just sitting on the bench surrounded by senior players and coaching staff and seeing the minutiae of a matchday is a boon.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 14:20 - Mar 2 with 9832 viewsShun

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 12:33 - Mar 2 by surb_dale

I'd like to us try 3 centre halves and wing backs.

McClaughlin Osho O'Connell McNulty/Roberts Done
Shaughnessy Morley
Newby
Humphrys Baah

Likely to get a spanking no matter so may as well try something different.
Wilks will no doubt score and terrorise us as is customary.
They have lost their lost two at home so just maybe we could spring a surprise. Hard to be optimistic though.

Would be tempted to give this a try too, especially with the dearth of midfielders at present. We know McNulty is more comfortable in a back-three, and Osho is far better as a centre-back than a right-back too.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 14:26 - Mar 2 with 9809 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 11:59 - Mar 2 by James1980

Shaughnessy did next to nothing up top against Burton and in his cameo against Northampton, so may not get another chance. Like Lund, he just doesn't look comfortable there, though hopefully there's more to come from him somewhere on the pitch because he hasn't really impressed me yet.

I don't think we'll get drubbed tonight but I can easily see Hull winning comfortably 2 or 3-0, without ever having to get out of first gear. At the moment I really don't think I can be bothered paying to watch, but come kickoff I'll probably cave in and stump up as I usually do.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 14:47 - Mar 2 with 9761 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 14:18 - Mar 2 by Shun

I would imagine the thinking is that by bringing a youth player into the matchday fold there's a huge amount of beneficial experience there, even if they don't make it on to the pitch. Just sitting on the bench surrounded by senior players and coaching staff and seeing the minutiae of a matchday is a boon.

I can see that being the case the first few times. Any way in better news the academy team are 5-0 against Walsall

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024