Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul McShane interview 20:40 - Mar 5 with 2344 views49thseason

McShane interview
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 20:40]
Paul McShane interview on 21:17 - Mar 5 with 2254 viewsD_Alien

Refreshingly honest, but it shouldn't be refreshing. And perhaps, interesting how this has been put up on the website at this point in time?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Paul McShane interview on 22:39 - Mar 5 with 2115 viewsSandyman

Paul McShane interview on 21:17 - Mar 5 by D_Alien

Refreshingly honest, but it shouldn't be refreshing. And perhaps, interesting how this has been put up on the website at this point in time?

Indeed. The attitude that we need to be up for the challenge and the fight is far preferable to the "very very good" and "brilliant" remarks from the current manager when we have failed abjectly.
Worth a shout as gaffer til the end of the season - nowt to lose given the near hopeless performances the current gaffer produces.
Paul McShane interview on 23:00 - Mar 5 with 2077 viewsJames1980

Paul McShane interview on 22:39 - Mar 5 by Sandyman

Indeed. The attitude that we need to be up for the challenge and the fight is far preferable to the "very very good" and "brilliant" remarks from the current manager when we have failed abjectly.
Worth a shout as gaffer til the end of the season - nowt to lose given the near hopeless performances the current gaffer produces.

I take it the YouTube version doesn't include what he says about the Hull game

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Paul McShane interview on 23:13 - Mar 5 with 2061 viewsSandyman

Paul McShane interview on 23:00 - Mar 5 by James1980

I take it the YouTube version doesn't include what he says about the Hull game

Not seen that James1980 , what is said?
Paul McShane interview on 23:26 - Mar 5 with 2039 viewsJames1980

Paul McShane interview on 23:13 - Mar 5 by Sandyman

Not seen that James1980 , what is said?

He praises Tuesday's performance.

Paul McShane interview on 23:33 - Mar 5 with 2030 viewsD_Alien

Paul McShane interview on 23:26 - Mar 5 by James1980

He praises Tuesday's performance.

Have you got a link to that?

Paul McShane interview on 23:36 - Mar 5 with 2022 viewsJames1980

Paul McShane interview on 23:33 - Mar 5 by D_Alien

Have you got a link to that?

It's on the full Ifollow interview.

Paul McShane interview on 00:01 - Mar 6 with 1986 viewsD_Alien

Paul McShane interview on 23:36 - Mar 5 by James1980

It's on the full Ifollow interview.

Hmm...

I tend not to bother looking at the OS unless someone points something out. I've read the transcript and wouldn't exactly call it praise; it's more about how performances need to be raised when playing run-of-the-mill games rather than playing at bigger stadiums. That in itself suggests to me there's a motivation problem within the setup. Don't think he refers to the manager in any of that, but he seems to be thinking through some of the issues we're facing

Login to get fewer ads

Paul McShane interview on 00:12 - Mar 6 with 1959 viewsJames1980

Paul McShane interview on 00:01 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

Hmm...

I tend not to bother looking at the OS unless someone points something out. I've read the transcript and wouldn't exactly call it praise; it's more about how performances need to be raised when playing run-of-the-mill games rather than playing at bigger stadiums. That in itself suggests to me there's a motivation problem within the setup. Don't think he refers to the manager in any of that, but he seems to be thinking through some of the issues we're facing

'I thought we controlled the game pretty well on Tuesday night.

“We had the majority of the ball and we restricted them to very few chances, although we didn’t create that many chances ourselves. The work rate from the lads was there and I thought we executed the game plan quite well.'

Brian says that and heads are exploding

Paul McShane interview on 00:20 - Mar 6 with 1940 viewsD_Alien

Paul McShane interview on 00:12 - Mar 6 by James1980

“We had the majority of the ball and we restricted them to very few chances, although we didn’t create that many chances ourselves. The work rate from the lads was there and I thought we executed the game plan quite well.'

I don't think so James

It sounds fairly balanced to me, with an acknowledgement that we didn't create much. If the game plan was to restrict their chances then again that's fair, but it's pretty faint praise if you want to call it that

What's significant to me is his assessment of our situation in a way that goes beyond most post-match player interviews - looking at a bigger picture

[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 0:21]

Paul McShane interview on 00:25 - Mar 6 with 1917 viewsJames1980

Paul McShane interview on 00:20 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

I don't think so James

It sounds fairly balanced to me, with an acknowledgement that we didn't create much. If the game plan was to restrict their chances then again that's fair, but it's pretty faint praise if you want to call it that

What's significant to me is his assessment of our situation in a way that goes beyond most post-match player interviews - looking at a bigger picture

[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 0:21]

You agree, we controlled the game on Tuesday?
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 0:30]

Paul McShane interview on 00:47 - Mar 6 with 1892 viewsD_Alien

Paul McShane interview on 00:25 - Mar 6 by James1980

You agree, we controlled the game on Tuesday?
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 0:30]

I've no idea, i've stopped watching for the time being

Based on the stats and post-match reaction, Hull did what they had to do to get the points without putting us through the wringer. I'm not sure that wasn't as good as the players might reasonably have been expected to do

What's more significant is McShane's specifics about how we play against those teams we're competing with at our end of the table. It's not often you get that type of analysis from player interviews; more often it's "the manager wants us to..." rather than what the player thinks; there's no mention of the manager

Paul McShane interview on 12:23 - Mar 6 with 1482 viewsTVOS1907

Why are you still doing this James?

Look, it's been explained to you by several people, that as a fanbase we have been very fair, patient and understanding (if you ignore the ranting, raving and unfunny quips from the usual suspects on here and other social media) after four seasons of extremely poor league football, especially at home.

Why, just because McShane uttered that one sentence among an otherwise excellent interview, are you trying to use it to justify your continued support for the manager or to denigrate what other people are saying?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Paul McShane interview on 12:29 - Mar 6 with 1466 viewsfitzochris

Paul McShane interview on 12:23 - Mar 6 by TVOS1907

Look, it's been explained to you by several people, that as a fanbase we have been very fair, patient and understanding (if you ignore the ranting, raving and unfunny quips from the usual suspects on here and other social media) after four seasons of extremely poor league football, especially at home.

Why, just because McShane uttered that one sentence among an otherwise excellent interview, are you trying to use it to justify your continued support for the manager or to denigrate what other people are saying?

I can’t agree more. More and more people are reaching the limit of their patience now. For me it was the MK Dons game, for others slightly sooner or later, but the majority of displeasure has been expressed fairly and justifiably.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Paul McShane interview on 13:15 - Mar 6 with 1373 viewsJames1980

Paul McShane interview on 12:23 - Mar 6 by TVOS1907

Sorry I have been guilty of letting the ranters and ravers cloud my judgement. I'd like to think my comments are directed at them though and not supporters like yourself.

The current manager attempts to put a positive spin on Tuesday's game and he received a fair amount of criticism. McShane puts a positive spin on Tuesday's game and that is OK. Alright perhaps BBM's positive spin was a tad too positive, but if he had described the game as McShane did, I wouldn't have been surprised to see comments about him being deluded and insulting fans in relation to that.

I wasn't using it to justify support and I am sorry an anger or upset I caused.

Paul McShane interview on 13:19 - Mar 6 with 1374 viewsBillyRudd

I really really hope James that come the end of the season you have the last laugh regarding BBM. Unfortunately on all evidence to date, if anyone still believes that, they are welcome to come and see the fairies at the bottom of my garden.
Having said that I believe his comments to be valid. Other than a goal Bazunu should be disappointed in and an own goal I thought Hull to be pretty lacklustre. What gear they were in is another matter.
We have no evidence of what type of manager Mcshane would be like but the problem I have with BBM is that HIS post match comments on what we have witnessed are I believe being fed to him from the bottom of my garden.
Positivity positivity positivity when it bears no relation to reality is ultimately detrimental to the cause. Give me Lowes reaction at Plymouth this week to defeat anytime.
As I say James, I do hope you have the last laugh and if its what you genuinely believe, don,t be dissuaded by others.
Off to feed the fairies now and before anyone calls me out, I don,t feel as stupid doing that as paying my tenner for iFollow.
Keep the faith and as ever Up the Dale.
Edit Posted before reading your reply. Don,t take things to heart lad.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 13:22]
Paul McShane interview on 13:23 - Mar 6 with 1344 viewsboromat

Paul McShane interview on 13:15 - Mar 6 by James1980

Sorry I have been guilty of letting the ranters and ravers cloud my judgement. I'd like to think my comments are directed at them though and not supporters like yourself.

The current manager attempts to put a positive spin on Tuesday's game and he received a fair amount of criticism. McShane puts a positive spin on Tuesday's game and that is OK. Alright perhaps BBM's positive spin was a tad too positive, but if he had described the game as McShane did, I wouldn't have been surprised to see comments about him being deluded and insulting fans in relation to that.

Maybe it shows that there was some credit to Hills insistence on the assistant giving a good fair few post match interviews. Just as fans got fed up of Hills post match interviews BBMs consistent post match message is getting a bit much, maybe Riley should start doing a few of them.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Paul McShane interview on 13:23 - Mar 6 with 1343 viewsTVOS1907

Paul McShane interview on 13:15 - Mar 6 by James1980

No anger or upset, James, but it's just following the formula of a lot of your posts.

Can I ask who has said what McShane said is OK, as in actually using those words?

Paul McShane interview on 13:26 - Mar 6 with 1331 views442Dale

The main thing that stood out for me in McShane’s words was the insistence to get across that actions are more important than, ironically, words. That in itself is a refreshing deviation from the words we see over and over.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Paul McShane interview on 15:13 - Mar 6 with 1172 viewsJimmyRustler

Paul McShane interview on 13:23 - Mar 6 by TVOS1907

No anger or upset, James, but it's just following the formula of a lot of your posts.

Can I ask who has said what McShane said is OK, as in actually using those words?

I honestly don’t know why you’re persisting with replying to James. He means well but there’s no reasoning with him whatsoever. I appreciate your patience but the conversations have been the same for months on end now. Just whack him in the ignore list like I have and enjoy a more relaxing forum experience
Paul McShane interview on 15:19 - Mar 6 with 1151 viewsTVOS1907

Paul McShane interview on 15:13 - Mar 6 by JimmyRustler

I honestly don’t know why you’re persisting with replying to James. He means well but there’s no reasoning with him whatsoever. I appreciate your patience but the conversations have been the same for months on end now. Just whack him in the ignore list like I have and enjoy a more relaxing forum experience

I know what you mean, Jimmy, but I'm hoping the penny will drop at some point. He means well and having met him at away games, he's a personable chap, so I'll persist.... for now!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024