Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters panel 16:28 - Mar 12 with 11743 viewskel

Anyone putting themselves forward?

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/march/supporters-panel/
Supporters panel on 22:41 - Mar 14 with 2342 viewsD_Alien

Supporters panel on 22:37 - Mar 14 by judd

You would think so.

Perhaps shareholders who post on here would like to comment

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Supporters panel on 23:56 - Mar 14 with 2248 viewsSandyman

Supporters panel on 22:41 - Mar 14 by D_Alien

Perhaps shareholders who post on here would like to comment

I'm a shareholder. So is (more significantly) the Dale Trust.
I can ask a question, but as we all know, shareholder or not, getting an answer from the club to anything is.. you're more likely to teach a wasp to play an oboe to grade 7 standard than get an answer from the club. BigKindo knows.

"We accept that we could've communicated better, and will strive to do that better in the future" said Botters last Wednesday. Several faux pas in the days after, no change.

What do we do in the face of this wall of ignorance?
Supporters panel on 00:09 - Mar 15 with 2227 viewsD_Alien

Supporters panel on 23:56 - Mar 14 by Sandyman

I'm a shareholder. So is (more significantly) the Dale Trust.
I can ask a question, but as we all know, shareholder or not, getting an answer from the club to anything is.. you're more likely to teach a wasp to play an oboe to grade 7 standard than get an answer from the club. BigKindo knows.

"We accept that we could've communicated better, and will strive to do that better in the future" said Botters last Wednesday. Several faux pas in the days after, no change.

What do we do in the face of this wall of ignorance?

But there's a legal obligation involved here, surely?

I agree that if a question around this issue were to be put to the club it'd be better coming from a shareholding body such as the Trust, but separate to the usual Q&A format. A written question, submitted formally, requires an answer

Supporters panel on 00:24 - Mar 15 with 2211 viewsSandyman

Supporters panel on 00:09 - Mar 15 by D_Alien

But there's a legal obligation involved here, surely?

I agree that if a question around this issue were to be put to the club it'd be better coming from a shareholding body such as the Trust, but separate to the usual Q&A format. A written question, submitted formally, requires an answer

You'd hope so and excuse my cynicism, but the club simply refuses to answer queries these days. As to the legality of a written question, formally submitted by a shareholder requiring an answer? Morally, and decently, you would expect an answer. The club does not. Are they compelled by law to do so? I don't know. If they are, bring it on.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 0:25]
Supporters panel on 00:42 - Mar 15 with 2192 viewsD_Alien

Supporters panel on 00:24 - Mar 15 by Sandyman

You'd hope so and excuse my cynicism, but the club simply refuses to answer queries these days. As to the legality of a written question, formally submitted by a shareholder requiring an answer? Morally, and decently, you would expect an answer. The club does not. Are they compelled by law to do so? I don't know. If they are, bring it on.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 0:25]

We have a new Club Secretary, George Delves, who (one would imagine) remains relatively untainted by the political turmoil since CD's tenure

I'm not a shareholder, but if it were up to me, he'd be the person to take this up with. It's quite possibly within his remit anyway, not from a legal point of view but from placing the onus on him to pursue this on behalf of a shareholder/shareholding body

If the request were to be ignored as a result, that'd be quite informative both to the enquirer and - further to any onward enquiries made - to him

Rather than email, the Royal Mail recorded delivery service might be the better option

And it needn't, of course, be the end of the matter

[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 0:57]

Supporters panel on 09:32 - Mar 15 with 1977 views49thseason

The duties of a Company Director.
https://companieshouse.blog.gov.uk/2019/02/21/7-duties-of-a-company-director/
Supporters panel on 10:11 - Mar 15 with 1949 viewsTomRAFC

Supporters panel on 09:32 - Mar 15 by 49thseason

The duties of a Company Director.
https://companieshouse.blog.gov.uk/2019/02/21/7-duties-of-a-company-director/

Hmm....

"Conflicts of interest and personal benefits
The remaining 3 legal duties relate to the need for directors to avoid or manage conflicts of interest which may affect their objectivity.

If situations arise which impose multiple claims on a director’s attention or loyalty, it is essential that they disclose them to fellow board members. It will then be up to the other non-conflicted board members (or the shareholders, in some cases) to decide how to manage or approve the conflict and maintain the integrity of the board’s decision-making process.

Examples of conflicts of interest include situations where the director has relationships of a business or personal nature with persons or entities that are affected by the company’s activities. It could also relate to situations where the director may be considering taking advantage, on a personal basis, of property, information or opportunity which belongs to the company.

Gifts or benefits from third parties are also a potential threat to a director’s objectivity. Most importantly, directors have a statutory duty to disclose any direct or indirect interest in proposed or existing transactions or arrangements with the company."

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Supporters panel on 11:57 - Mar 15 with 1872 viewsDalenet

Supporters panel on 10:11 - Mar 15 by TomRAFC

Hmm....

"Conflicts of interest and personal benefits
The remaining 3 legal duties relate to the need for directors to avoid or manage conflicts of interest which may affect their objectivity.

If situations arise which impose multiple claims on a director’s attention or loyalty, it is essential that they disclose them to fellow board members. It will then be up to the other non-conflicted board members (or the shareholders, in some cases) to decide how to manage or approve the conflict and maintain the integrity of the board’s decision-making process.

Examples of conflicts of interest include situations where the director has relationships of a business or personal nature with persons or entities that are affected by the company’s activities. It could also relate to situations where the director may be considering taking advantage, on a personal basis, of property, information or opportunity which belongs to the company.

Gifts or benefits from third parties are also a potential threat to a director’s objectivity. Most importantly, directors have a statutory duty to disclose any direct or indirect interest in proposed or existing transactions or arrangements with the company."

That is normal. At the start of a Board meeting directors (whether Executive or non Executive) need to declare any conflicts of interest for items on the agenda. So there will be items that David Bottomley will be conflicted with (staff benefits, pension scheme etc) that he won't be able to vote.

Are you suggesting that the club don't follow that protocol? Just because somebody is being paid as an Executive and sits on the Board, doesn't mean he is conflicted with the way the club is run. It is up to the Board to clip his wings if he has over stepped the mark. I sit on a couple of Boards and we our CEOs are paid to run the organisation. We are there to manage governance and financial propriety and to protect shareholders assets. The Board has employed him to run the club and we can't change that unless the Board change it.
Login to get fewer ads

Supporters panel on 12:05 - Mar 15 with 1853 viewsTomRAFC

Supporters panel on 11:57 - Mar 15 by Dalenet

That is normal. At the start of a Board meeting directors (whether Executive or non Executive) need to declare any conflicts of interest for items on the agenda. So there will be items that David Bottomley will be conflicted with (staff benefits, pension scheme etc) that he won't be able to vote.

Are you suggesting that the club don't follow that protocol? Just because somebody is being paid as an Executive and sits on the Board, doesn't mean he is conflicted with the way the club is run. It is up to the Board to clip his wings if he has over stepped the mark. I sit on a couple of Boards and we our CEOs are paid to run the organisation. We are there to manage governance and financial propriety and to protect shareholders assets. The Board has employed him to run the club and we can't change that unless the Board change it.

I'm by no means suggesting the club have breached this in the way you outlined. Far from it. Although I do personally disagree with the way Mr Bottomley acquired the role. "Stepped up" rather than an interview process which would have allowed us to acquire an experienced candidate. Both his and BBMs lack of experience is beginning to show.

I'm suggesting that our CEO may have breached this with regards to well publicised interpersonal relationships.

He could have clarified this and certain inconsistencies in his business past had he openly answered questions, including questions from shareholders. He has opted not to do that. I appreciate they are very sensitive topics but it has left us with an elephant in the room which is only continuing to sour his reputation in the eyes of the fans.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Supporters panel on 12:27 - Mar 15 with 1818 viewsDalenet

Supporters panel on 12:05 - Mar 15 by TomRAFC

I'm by no means suggesting the club have breached this in the way you outlined. Far from it. Although I do personally disagree with the way Mr Bottomley acquired the role. "Stepped up" rather than an interview process which would have allowed us to acquire an experienced candidate. Both his and BBMs lack of experience is beginning to show.

I'm suggesting that our CEO may have breached this with regards to well publicised interpersonal relationships.

He could have clarified this and certain inconsistencies in his business past had he openly answered questions, including questions from shareholders. He has opted not to do that. I appreciate they are very sensitive topics but it has left us with an elephant in the room which is only continuing to sour his reputation in the eyes of the fans.

Again I think the Board are to blame if they appointed an inexperienced CEO. He agreed to do it - but the Board as a whole made the decision.

As for interpersonal relationships I agree that is unsavoury if true. In the organisations I have been involved with you'd lose your job if you were in a senior position and had a relationship with an employee. But we knew that and it was clear in our Employee Handbooks. But if we don't have clear rules in the club we are stuck. We all have different moral compasses and many of us find love at work. You just shouldn't do it at a senior level.
Supporters panel on 12:33 - Mar 15 with 1804 viewsD_Alien

Edited: posted on new thread

[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 12:39]

Supporters panel on 12:53 - Mar 15 with 1764 viewsJames1980

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-3---owners-

Searched for EFL fit and proper test this was the page that came up
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 12:54]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Supporters panel on 17:56 - Mar 19 with 1526 viewsblackdogblue

Supporters panel on 17:10 - Mar 12 by judd

Did I not tell you I've already got the job?

Got my e mail invite to the meeting, have you?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Supporters panel on 20:00 - Mar 19 with 1400 views442Dale

Is this meeting still going ahead as part of the plan going forward working with the Trust? Or will that be reported in the Trust minutes of this week’s meeting?

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/03/trust-update-15-03-21/

Some fans will not have volunteered awaiting confirmation of the back of the Trust’s statement and wanting further clarification on this issues raised in this thread.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Supporters panel on 20:11 - Mar 19 with 1377 viewsblackdogblue

Supporters panel on 20:00 - Mar 19 by 442Dale

Is this meeting still going ahead as part of the plan going forward working with the Trust? Or will that be reported in the Trust minutes of this week’s meeting?

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/03/trust-update-15-03-21/

Some fans will not have volunteered awaiting confirmation of the back of the Trust’s statement and wanting further clarification on this issues raised in this thread.

I’m a trust member but not seen that message hit my inbox on e mail..

Are you suggesting a boycott 442?

Supporters panel on 20:13 - Mar 19 with 1368 views442Dale

Supporters panel on 20:11 - Mar 19 by blackdogblue

Nope. Clarification.

Supporters panel on 20:17 - Mar 19 with 1359 viewsSandyman

Supporters panel on 20:11 - Mar 19 by blackdogblue

It's not been sent out by e mail, it's on the website.
Supporters panel on 20:34 - Mar 19 with 1338 views442Dale

Supporters panel on 20:17 - Mar 19 by Sandyman

Which is something the Trust themselves have to be better with. All communication to supporters should appear on there too. If they want members to get an email newsletter, that’s fine, but no reason why it can’t then be reproduced on the website for full transparency.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 20:34]

Supporters panel on 07:18 - Mar 20 with 1179 viewsblackdogblue

Supporters panel on 20:17 - Mar 19 by Sandyman

I’ve had an e mail with a zoom link mate?

Supporters panel on 08:34 - Mar 20 with 1138 viewsDalenet

Supporters panel on 07:18 - Mar 20 by blackdogblue

I’ve had an e mail with a zoom link mate?

Are you confusing your invite to the Supporters Panel email v posters talking about the Trust communications via the Trust website?

Anyway BD, what do you plan to argue on season tickets on the panel. Do we need to bribe you to say what we all want to see happen?
Supporters panel on 10:18 - Mar 20 with 1070 viewsblackdogblue

Supporters panel on 08:34 - Mar 20 by Dalenet

Are you confusing your invite to the Supporters Panel email v posters talking about the Trust communications via the Trust website?

Anyway BD, what do you plan to argue on season tickets on the panel. Do we need to bribe you to say what we all want to see happen?

On your first point no, my reply is about the original topic of the supporters panel, I know it has gone off at a tangent somewhat around the trust involvement but I’m also a member of the trust so looking how that develops with interest.

The e mail does not have an agenda but as me, mrs & junior BDB have season tickets in the main stand and in previous seasons before the sell more the cheaper they get initiative was very expensive especially for league 2 back in the days...

Additionally you did get perks in the season ticket book, discounts etc which have since been removed. I am going into Monday with an open mind & hopefully a voice but if there is anything anyone wants to ask & I see it is not discussed (within reason of course 😀) happy to ask if I get a chance?

Supporters panel on 12:18 - Mar 20 with 990 views442Dale

Supporters panel on 10:18 - Mar 20 by blackdogblue

On your first point no, my reply is about the original topic of the supporters panel, I know it has gone off at a tangent somewhat around the trust involvement but I’m also a member of the trust so looking how that develops with interest.

The e mail does not have an agenda but as me, mrs & junior BDB have season tickets in the main stand and in previous seasons before the sell more the cheaper they get initiative was very expensive especially for league 2 back in the days...

Additionally you did get perks in the season ticket book, discounts etc which have since been removed. I am going into Monday with an open mind & hopefully a voice but if there is anything anyone wants to ask & I see it is not discussed (within reason of course 😀) happy to ask if I get a chance?

No agenda?

This is why it’s crucial that the Trust establish where this fits with the work they were doing on season tickets and whether they will be involved on the panel. There needs to be structure with an aim. Unfortunately, while it’s always good to hear opinions from individual fans, there can often be a muddying of the waters when people look at how things impact them personally. It has to be a ‘big picture’ approach.

Supporters panel on 12:58 - Mar 20 with 963 viewsblackdogblue

Supporters panel on 12:18 - Mar 20 by 442Dale

No agenda?

This is why it’s crucial that the Trust establish where this fits with the work they were doing on season tickets and whether they will be involved on the panel. There needs to be structure with an aim. Unfortunately, while it’s always good to hear opinions from individual fans, there can often be a muddying of the waters when people look at how things impact them personally. It has to be a ‘big picture’ approach.

Nope... this is all it says

Did you not apply?

Thank you for your interest in joining our Supporters’ Panel.

The first meeting, which will focus on 2021/22 Season Cards, will take place virtually on Monday 22nd March, from 5pm-6.30pm, via Zoom.

The Zoom details are below.

We look forward to seeing you then!

RAFC Media is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024