Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained/released list 14:17 - May 10 with 14816 viewsSuddenLad

Not sure how soon we can expect ours to be released, but Port Vale have had a 15-man clear out this morning.

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2021/may/202021-retained-list/

I imagine similar carnage will be a theme at many clubs for commercial reasons.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Retained/released list on 18:09 - May 15 with 3397 viewsEllDale

For what it’s worth I note that BBM is quoted in the Observer today urging the board to get a move on and saying that he wants clarity about the playing situation.
Reading between the lines he sounded a tad frustrated and this his way of expressing it.
That doesn’t bode well to my mind.
Retained/released list on 18:32 - May 15 with 3341 viewsNorthernDale

Totally agree.

I have said it before, I would not be surprised if BBM resigned due to either a massively reduced budget or DB selling off any saleable players due to the reduced income, caused in part due to his gamble on reducing the budget last season.

I do not blame the board in general (except for agiving DB to much power), but the bean counter DB for the chaos that as engulfed the Dale over the last twelve months.
Retained/released list on 22:22 - May 15 with 3077 viewsDalenet

Retained/released list on 18:09 - May 15 by EllDale

For what it’s worth I note that BBM is quoted in the Observer today urging the board to get a move on and saying that he wants clarity about the playing situation.
Reading between the lines he sounded a tad frustrated and this his way of expressing it.

Bizarre really. They said they had a plan. That should include a budget for League Two that they could share with BBM after the Doncaster game. Maybe all along they didn't. Nowt surprises me anymore
Retained/released list on 22:29 - May 15 with 3052 viewsAtThePeake

Retained/released list on 22:22 - May 15 by Dalenet

Bizarre really. They said they had a plan. That should include a budget for League Two that they could share with BBM after the Doncaster game. Maybe all along they didn't. Nowt surprises me anymore

Maybe they hadn't been looking at the league table?

Tangled up in blue.

Retained/released list on 23:10 - May 15 with 3018 viewsD_Alien

Is he really that dense?

Doesn't he know that the price to be paid for having his contract extended in the middle of our worst home form in decades is to just Carry On and STFU?

We knew that all along

Edit: i hope he's not moaning about it to his missus

[Post edited 15 May 2021 23:14]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Retained/released list on 01:59 - May 16 with 2921 viewsHopwoodblue

It’s a sad situation we find ourselves in both on and off the pitch.
It feels like all the hard work that’s been put in by a lot of hard working Dale loving people over the last 15 years or so has been undone and the clubs gone backwards once again being run on a shoestring budget because we are little old Rochdale !
We went from a struggling league two side to holding our own in league one, progressing in the FA cup, and instead of being the butt of everyone’s jokes about always losing to non league clubs, we were taking on the likes of Spurs at Wembley and making everyone associated with the club proud and showing the football world how a well run club can achieve great things without having to borrow millions.
It now feels like we are heading back to washed out kits, crowds of a 1003 on wet Tuesday night,and as fans staring down a long dark tunnel where the light has permanently been switched off!
If BBM does walk I for one won’t lose any sleep, but it will say a lot about what the club has become and sadly my fiends that is a complete shambles !
[Post edited 16 May 2021 2:00]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Retained/released list on 10:53 - May 16 with 2705 viewsDaleiLama

Definition of irony: swap BBM for the fans and the board for BBM in this post. It might even make BBM more empathetic. And his approach to winning games, especially at home, less pathetic?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Retained/released list on 16:59 - May 16 with 2499 viewsTVOS1907

While you're right, I'd be careful taking what you see in the Observer as any firm guide as they have a habit of pinching quotes from old interviews at this time of the season just to fill column inches.

We'd need to know when he actually said it, to whom and in what context to draw more conclusions.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Retained/released list on 18:03 - May 16 with 2415 viewsEllDale

Fair comment.
Oh for the days when the Observer had a dedicated football reporter rather than a cut and paste merchant.
Retained/released list on 12:27 - May 17 with 2000 viewsIOMDale

Is there any excuse for the released/retained list not to have been announced by now? BBM confirmed on Saturday that the players had been informed.

Still, at least we know the opening times for the ticket office and club shop over the close season.

UTDNFS

Retained/released list on 12:48 - May 17 with 1933 viewsjacko_dale

Retained/released list on 12:27 - May 17 by IOMDale

Is there any excuse for the released/retained list not to have been announced by now? BBM confirmed on Saturday that the players had been informed.

Still, at least we know the opening times for the ticket office and club shop over the close season.

Don't forget the crate of rancid energy drink that they're plugging too! Vital information for the fans!
Retained/released list on 21:01 - May 18 with 1523 viewsboromat

Seems we'll find out tomorrow now. Not massively excited in any way I can only see bad news incoming. Hope I'm wrong.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Retained/released list on 21:06 - May 18 with 1505 viewsSuddenLad

Retained/released list on 12:48 - May 17 by jacko_dale

Don't forget the crate of rancid energy drink that they're plugging too! Vital information for the fans!

I think that's an EFL direction. Their initiative and clubs required to advertise through their own media channels.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Retained/released list on 22:16 - May 18 with 1381 viewsjudd

Retained/released list on 12:27 - May 17 by IOMDale

What is the Ticket office going to sell?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Retained/released list on 22:32 - May 18 with 1335 viewsIOMDale

Retained/released list on 22:16 - May 18 by judd

Well it looks like our soul’s already being sold so you can rule that out.

UTDNFS

Retained/released list on 22:34 - May 18 with 1323 viewsjudd

Retained/released list on 22:32 - May 18 by IOMDale

Well it looks like our soul’s already being sold so you can rule that out.

R souls you say?

Retained/released list on 22:35 - May 18 with 1318 viewsIOMDale

Retained/released list on 22:34 - May 18 by judd

R souls you say?

Only so long as we’ve inserted a hefty sell-on clause.

UTDNFS

Retained/released list on 22:38 - May 18 with 1312 viewsjudd

Retained/released list on 22:35 - May 18 by IOMDale

Only so long as we’ve inserted a hefty sell-on clause.

Shat on, more like.

Retained/released list on 22:41 - May 18 with 1306 viewsIOMDale

Retained/released list on 22:38 - May 18 by judd

Shat on, more like.

Semantics: It’s what the board excel at.

UTDNFS

Retained/released list on 23:44 - May 18 with 1204 viewsDaleiLama

Retained/released list on 22:16 - May 18 by judd

Tickets to the next Twitter spat? That was more entertaining than at least half of our home games this season

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024