Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Statement 09:00 - Jul 7 with 22937 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/july/club-statement_07.07.21/

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club Statement on 09:10 - Jul 7 with 9561 viewsTipperaryDale

Why have we got debt? And what will these want in return for clearing it?
Club Statement on 09:14 - Jul 7 with 9524 viewsDalenet

Well that is it then. The new investor appears to have acquired a commitment to sell to acquire a majority stake. We have no choice but to listen to the plans and trust Simon and others to manage the position for the benefit of all.

Putting money into the playing budget and clearing debts sounds good....so long as we don't do what we criticise every other club doing and spending beyond our means. They have to preserve the stadium for sporting use forever. The only debts we know of are the loan to RMBC for the pitch renovations and the mortgage on the main stand.

I am a bit disappointed and not sure whether to buy a season card right now
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 9:15]
Club Statement on 09:14 - Jul 7 with 9522 viewsleedsdale

Club Statement on 09:10 - Jul 7 by TipperaryDale

Why have we got debt? And what will these want in return for clearing it?

Presume it is the loan to the council and/or the debt incurred buying the stadium that is referred to.

As to what they would stand to gain by doing this, that is a good question.
Club Statement on 09:19 - Jul 7 with 9438 viewsTipperaryDale

Club Statement on 09:14 - Jul 7 by Dalenet

Well that is it then. The new investor appears to have acquired a commitment to sell to acquire a majority stake. We have no choice but to listen to the plans and trust Simon and others to manage the position for the benefit of all.

Putting money into the playing budget and clearing debts sounds good....so long as we don't do what we criticise every other club doing and spending beyond our means. They have to preserve the stadium for sporting use forever. The only debts we know of are the loan to RMBC for the pitch renovations and the mortgage on the main stand.

I am a bit disappointed and not sure whether to buy a season card right now
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 9:15]

Isn't the RMBC loan going to be covered by the Dawson money? What do we know of the mortgage on the Main Stand?
Club Statement on 09:22 - Jul 7 with 9390 views1907

Club Statement on 09:19 - Jul 7 by TipperaryDale

Isn't the RMBC loan going to be covered by the Dawson money? What do we know of the mortgage on the Main Stand?

We know from a previous AGM that the loan to buy back the stadium helped create deep rifts between the likes of David Kilpatrick, Graham Morris & Chris Dunphy.
Club Statement on 09:33 - Jul 7 with 9275 viewsfunkkk

Club Statement on 09:14 - Jul 7 by leedsdale

Presume it is the loan to the council and/or the debt incurred buying the stadium that is referred to.

As to what they would stand to gain by doing this, that is a good question.

It’s absolutely the biggest question. Why would anybody, with good intentions, want to invest money in RAFC?
Club Statement on 09:35 - Jul 7 with 9242 viewsD_Alien

Club Statement on 09:22 - Jul 7 by 1907

We know from a previous AGM that the loan to buy back the stadium helped create deep rifts between the likes of David Kilpatrick, Graham Morris & Chris Dunphy.

I'd suggest that in retrospect, having sole ownership of the ground is what's left us vulnerable to speculators and shysters

Were these potential new investors asked "what's in it for them"? Hugely disappointing if not, and I wouldn't trust them to keep their word

Once a majority shareholding has been acquired, all bets are off

[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 9:38]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club Statement on 09:40 - Jul 7 with 9166 viewsDaleiLama

Club Statement on 09:35 - Jul 7 by D_Alien

I'd suggest that in retrospect, having sole ownership of the ground is what's left us vulnerable to speculators and shysters

Were these potential new investors asked "what's in it for them"? Hugely disappointing if not, and I wouldn't trust them to keep their word

Once a majority shareholding has been acquired, all bets are off

[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 9:38]

Indeed. And can the ground be legally ring-fenced ..... presume that's too late now?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Club Statement on 09:47 - Jul 7 with 9085 viewsD_Alien

Club Statement on 09:40 - Jul 7 by DaleiLama

Indeed. And can the ground be legally ring-fenced ..... presume that's too late now?

And furthermore... what happened to "increased fan ownership" ???????????

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club Statement on 09:48 - Jul 7 with 9065 viewsDaleFan7

Pretty irrelevant as to who stays on the board in this situation. If the board don't comply with the wishes of the majority shareholder, they just call an EGM to vote them out. Seems like a token gesture for a veiled plot.
Club Statement on 09:56 - Jul 7 with 8992 viewsThreeLions

Like others have said I just don't trust them. Why us?!!! We have to trust Simon and the board to steer the ship with these new investors on board. We have shown these last few weeks and months that there is a strong 'army' of willing supporters to fight any wrong doing. We will need to keep an eye on things that's for sure.
Club Statement on 09:58 - Jul 7 with 8973 viewselectricblue

This is how it all starts they say the right things initially and then suddenly a season ot two we start to become a Bury..

The only viable money earner is the ground and if these nameless want their so called investments returned they sell the ground.
Then asset strip slowly.....

Why wouldnt these shareholders who are keen to sell make an offer to the trust and the supporters !
I believe that comes down to the recent AGM/EGM the previous boards over the years kept information to a minimum and then the 1st June 2021 came allong like a mini tidal wave and AK etc turned away from the club and the supporters with not a care in the world.....

I will not spend another penny at the club thats for sure.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Club Statement on 09:58 - Jul 7 with 8965 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Gutted. Can’t trust anyone coming in who has no Dale connections. I fear for the future ( & bought my new ST on Monday)… 😩
Club Statement on 09:59 - Jul 7 with 8963 viewsBigKindo

You meet a charming young lady. In the fullness of time you are invited to her home for Sunday afternoon tea and to meet her parents. Her Mother politely offers you more strawberry jam for your scone whilst her Father closely observes this, as yet, unknown interloper. into the close knit family circle. Once you have convinced her Father that your intentions are honourable he warms towards you but as soon as the Old Man's back is turned ................

Words are cheap.
Club Statement on 10:00 - Jul 7 with 8945 viewsDaleiLama

Club Statement on 09:47 - Jul 7 by D_Alien

And furthermore... what happened to "increased fan ownership" ???????????

The Tsunami came and I suspect it's a case of clinging on and trying to stay afloat for all concerned in the short term.

Am I also deluding myself that somehow the current board might find a mechanism to prevent the transfer of ownership of the shares? If not, then why even have that clause in the articles? It didn't stop Dan and Emre buying CDs so I suspect this is a fait accomplis.

It also feels like the beginning of the end. They've got future add-ons and money from the league to come in + the asset of the ground for what is probably a lot less than its true worth, so are quids in even accounting for repayment of current debts. I hope I'm very wrong on all fronts.

Club Statement on 10:03 - Jul 7 with 8902 viewselectricblue

Club Statement on 09:58 - Jul 7 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Gutted. Can’t trust anyone coming in who has no Dale connections. I fear for the future ( & bought my new ST on Monday)… 😩

Get a refund.....

Club Statement on 10:06 - Jul 7 with 8864 viewsBarrowdale

Club Statement on 10:03 - Jul 7 by electricblue

Get a refund.....

We were buying 3 on monday. Waited at last min. Glad we did. This sounds bad. Nothing coming from us yet. Need miles more info. I fear the worst
Club Statement on 10:12 - Jul 7 with 8795 viewselectricblue

And there are the two non Dale related additional board members proposed aswell will they want some form of payment from the club.
Will they put in the £25k each to be members ! If so will they try to find a way to claw it back a way some how...

Are we to late to try and stop this from going through...

Club Statement on 10:39 - Jul 7 with 8557 viewsfermin

Well, the honeymoon period didn't last long.

I suppose we will have to wait for absolute confirmation who these new people are but it looks like Bottomley has got his way in the end. If they are the rumoured people then we are screwed. I wonder if under this new regime Simon Gauge and the other new directors can now be as transparent as they promised to be. Everything will have to be taken with a pinch of salt.
Club Statement on 10:40 - Jul 7 with 8548 viewsR17ALE

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/07/trust-meets-with-investor/

Statement from the Trust.

Eases initial fears, but doesn't say "Why Rochdale?"

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Club Statement on 10:45 - Jul 7 with 8505 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

I don't see a problem with anything that has happened so far. The chairman has spoken to potential investors and that is all. As promised the chairman has informed the supporters of this. What more can he do? We don't even know who these potential investors are, yet some are refusing to buy SC's or anything from the club shop. Nothing will be agreed without thorough investigation, so until that time, everyone needs to calm down and stop imagining the worst possible scenarios.
Club Statement on 10:45 - Jul 7 with 8497 viewsDaleiLama

Club Statement on 10:40 - Jul 7 by R17ALE

Because Bottomley and Rawlinson left us belly-up and wounded?

Club Statement on 10:49 - Jul 7 with 8450 viewsdale1968

Club Statement on 10:45 - Jul 7 by RooleyMoorBlue

I don't see a problem with anything that has happened so far. The chairman has spoken to potential investors and that is all. As promised the chairman has informed the supporters of this. What more can he do? We don't even know who these potential investors are, yet some are refusing to buy SC's or anything from the club shop. Nothing will be agreed without thorough investigation, so until that time, everyone needs to calm down and stop imagining the worst possible scenarios.

At last someone with sense.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Club Statement on 10:52 - Jul 7 with 8410 viewsDaleiLama

Club Statement on 10:45 - Jul 7 by RooleyMoorBlue

People with no connection to Rochdale have acquired 40% of club shares, and we don't know for definite, as yet, if that includes/excludes Dan and Emre's 14.8%.

Anyone expecting to enjoy this ride can't possibly know what happened down the road when a property speculator (like the ones who have 40% equity in Dale now) took over promising investment, promotion to the Championship, untold wealth and success ...... then Steve Dale bought what was left for a quid.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 10:53]

Club Statement on 10:53 - Jul 7 with 8403 viewsThreeLions

Club Statement on 10:40 - Jul 7 by R17ALE

I read that and all that comes to mind is Why?!!!!!! Its not logical unless you have millions to throw away. I really am sitting on the fence with this and need persuading.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 10:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024