Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonights Goals... 23:29 - Aug 24 with 3203 viewsdale1968

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12389981/shrewbury-0-2-roc

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Tonights Goals... on 00:23 - Aug 25 with 3092 viewsSandyman

Add post-match interview with Robbie.
Isn't it a refreshing change to hear honesty from someone who wants to win, and clearly has enough nous to deal with what has been a bloody difficult hand he's been dealt.
Mind you, that is the mindset from the top of the club as well.

How different and more successful than blarney and mates more concerned about what they could take from the club for themselves, rather than what they could give.

DB and BBM out the door? Good. I'll take the new directors and manager over those two many seasons long. It's honest - it's Dale.

Tonights Goals... on 06:43 - Aug 25 with 2843 viewsnordenblue

Tonights Goals... on 00:23 - Aug 25 by Sandyman

Add post-match interview with Robbie.
Isn't it a refreshing change to hear honesty from someone who wants to win, and clearly has enough nous to deal with what has been a bloody difficult hand he's been dealt.
Mind you, that is the mindset from the top of the club as well.

How different and more successful than blarney and mates more concerned about what they could take from the club for themselves, rather than what they could give.

DB and BBM out the door? Good. I'll take the new directors and manager over those two many seasons long. It's honest - it's Dale.

You can't help but love his honesty and positive attitude, after being dealt a massively shit hand for his first "proper" managerial job, and all the rumblings going on behind him at the club he's done remarkable to put such a team/squad together so soon.
Tonights Goals... on 08:57 - Aug 25 with 2632 viewsDaleiLama

Tonights Goals... on 06:43 - Aug 25 by nordenblue

You can't help but love his honesty and positive attitude, after being dealt a massively shit hand for his first "proper" managerial job, and all the rumblings going on behind him at the club he's done remarkable to put such a team/squad together so soon.

All of the above and he's achieved some success already, which is remarkable in such a short period of time. Lots of managers would have been distracted by the off-field stuff, but his focus is on doing his own job and the players doing theirs. Their ability isn't being "coached out of them".

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Tonights Goals... on 12:44 - Aug 25 with 2339 viewsD_Alien

Tonights Goals... on 06:43 - Aug 25 by nordenblue

Don't think Robbie had any illusions when he accepted the job

So was he "dealt" a massively shit hand? No

Has he played his cards with great aplomb so far? Yes, admirably

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tonights Goals... on 14:01 - Aug 25 with 2191 viewsnordenblue

Tonights Goals... on 12:44 - Aug 25 by D_Alien

Don't think Robbie had any illusions when he accepted the job

So was he "dealt" a massively shit hand? No

Has he played his cards with great aplomb so far? Yes, admirably

Im guessing he wasn't aware that a future take over of the club was on its way,when things could have played out very differently for him too from when he agreed to join us, if that had happened who's to say his job was secure either?

Then the club sells the star striker just as he signs,not long after Rathbone leaves.... not really an ideal start for a new inexperienced manager, so yes pretty shit
Tonights Goals... on 14:06 - Aug 25 with 2177 viewsD_Alien

Tonights Goals... on 14:01 - Aug 25 by nordenblue

Im guessing he wasn't aware that a future take over of the club was on its way,when things could have played out very differently for him too from when he agreed to join us, if that had happened who's to say his job was secure either?

Then the club sells the star striker just as he signs,not long after Rathbone leaves.... not really an ideal start for a new inexperienced manager, so yes pretty shit

I'd suggest he was aware of all the relevant circumstances regarding both off-field issues and with each player

I think you're doing him a 'massive disservice' to suggest otherwise

This thread is from the 7 July:

Club Statement by SuddenLad 7 Jul 2021 9:00
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/july/club-statement_07.07.21/

Robbie was appointed on 10 July:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/july/robbiestockdalenewmanager/

[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 14:14]

Tonights Goals... on 14:24 - Aug 25 with 2132 viewsnordenblue

Tonights Goals... on 14:06 - Aug 25 by D_Alien

I'd suggest he was aware of all the relevant circumstances regarding both off-field issues and with each player

I think you're doing him a 'massive disservice' to suggest otherwise

This thread is from the 7 July:

Club Statement by SuddenLad 7 Jul 2021 9:00
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/july/club-statement_07.07.21/

Robbie was appointed on 10 July:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/july/robbiestockdalenewmanager/

[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 14:14]

Rathbone came to him after a game and said he wanted to leave, he'd do well to be aware of that before it happened.

He was well "aware" of what would happen in the future,he really is pretty special this fella....

My initial post was nothing but massively complimentary, hardly doing him a "massive disservice", only you could possibly try and turn it into anything else.

Edit... the link you've kindly provided kind of backs up my point more than yours though, the talks initially were all "productive" then and very much open,didn't play out anything like that...again AFTER he'd signed
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 14:30]
Tonights Goals... on 14:28 - Aug 25 with 2113 viewsD_Alien

Tonights Goals... on 14:24 - Aug 25 by nordenblue

Rathbone came to him after a game and said he wanted to leave, he'd do well to be aware of that before it happened.

He was well "aware" of what would happen in the future,he really is pretty special this fella....

My initial post was nothing but massively complimentary, hardly doing him a "massive disservice", only you could possibly try and turn it into anything else.

Edit... the link you've kindly provided kind of backs up my point more than yours though, the talks initially were all "productive" then and very much open,didn't play out anything like that...again AFTER he'd signed
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 14:30]

It's a phrase you tend to use in an exaggerated way...

The point remains, he wasn't "dealt" anything, he's not naive and he's not a victim of circumstances

He's doing a fine job so far, we can all agree on that, but with his eyes wide open

Edit to your edit: Hardly... To quote: "Im guessing he wasn't aware that a future take over of the club was on its way" That's also suggesting the board wouldn't have referred to it during his interview, or that Robbie had asked the relevant questions given the already obvious turmoil at the club. Have another think...

[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 14:44]

Login to get fewer ads

Tonights Goals... on 14:55 - Aug 25 with 2047 viewsnordenblue

Tonights Goals... on 14:28 - Aug 25 by D_Alien

It's a phrase you tend to use in an exaggerated way...

The point remains, he wasn't "dealt" anything, he's not naive and he's not a victim of circumstances

He's doing a fine job so far, we can all agree on that, but with his eyes wide open

Edit to your edit: Hardly... To quote: "Im guessing he wasn't aware that a future take over of the club was on its way" That's also suggesting the board wouldn't have referred to it during his interview, or that Robbie had asked the relevant questions given the already obvious turmoil at the club. Have another think...

[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 14:44]

Don't need to have anothet think, ive made a positive comment and you've tried to twist it into a negative as per usual to score some cheap shitty points to make yourself feel better.

Whilst you're cut from the same narcissistic cloth as our loveable former CEO I wouldn't expect anything else.
Tonights Goals... on 14:59 - Aug 25 with 2033 viewsD_Alien

Tonights Goals... on 14:55 - Aug 25 by nordenblue

Don't need to have anothet think, ive made a positive comment and you've tried to twist it into a negative as per usual to score some cheap shitty points to make yourself feel better.

Whilst you're cut from the same narcissistic cloth as our loveable former CEO I wouldn't expect anything else.

Oh, " the narcissist" being trotted out again?

It doesn't make me feel anything; i just don't like our new manager being portrayed as being naive, when he clearly isn't

We're all making pretty positive noises about him, yours were nowt special, but well done anyway

Tonights Goals... on 15:42 - Aug 25 with 1913 viewsD_Alien

All that's happened here is i disagreed with an aspect of your portrayal of RS, which was simply fair comment

You've gone way beyond the bounds of acceptability with your umbrage at being disagreed with

Anyone with an ounce of decency would apologise, but i know you won't

Tonights Goals... on 18:38 - Aug 25 with 1727 viewsnordenblue

Tonights Goals... on 15:42 - Aug 25 by D_Alien

All that's happened here is i disagreed with an aspect of your portrayal of RS, which was simply fair comment

You've gone way beyond the bounds of acceptability with your umbrage at being disagreed with

Anyone with an ounce of decency would apologise, but i know you won't

In your eyes perhaps...there lies the problem.

One thing's for certain here, there's only you on the entire forum that would possibly try and twist someone's purely positive post with condescending cheap little comments then demand an apology, you're an absolute beauty
Tonights Goals... on 19:17 - Aug 25 with 1611 viewsJames1980

That ball came of Beesley's foot like a rocket, certainly took that penalty with lots of confidence. Talking about rockets I take it there were no flare throwing fcukwits last night.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Tonights Goals... on 19:44 - Aug 25 with 1538 viewsTVOS1907

Tonights Goals... on 19:17 - Aug 25 by James1980

That ball came of Beesley's foot like a rocket, certainly took that penalty with lots of confidence. Talking about rockets I take it there were no flare throwing fcukwits last night.

No, James.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tonights Goals... on 19:45 - Aug 25 with 1534 viewsShun

Sensational cross by Newby for the second goal. Top scorer and top assister so far.
Tonights Goals... on 19:49 - Aug 25 with 1525 viewsJames1980

Tonights Goals... on 19:44 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

No, James.

That's good

Tonights Goals... on 19:50 - Aug 25 with 1524 viewsJames1980

Tonights Goals... on 19:45 - Aug 25 by Shun

Sensational cross by Newby for the second goal. Top scorer and top assister so far.

Like he had a lazer guidance system.

Tonights Goals... on 20:32 - Aug 25 with 1422 viewsboromat

Tonights Goals... on 19:45 - Aug 25 by Shun

Cashman played well and got his goal but for me Odoh and Newby are still first choice at the moment. For Newby to come on and make an instant impact felt like a bit of a statement.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Tonights Goals... on 20:40 - Aug 25 with 1397 viewsShun

Tonights Goals... on 20:32 - Aug 25 by boromat

Cashman played well and got his goal but for me Odoh and Newby are still first choice at the moment. For Newby to come on and make an instant impact felt like a bit of a statement.

Agreed. Newby, Odoh and EOC would be the first names on the team sheet at present for me.
Tonights Goals... on 20:55 - Aug 25 with 1365 viewsBrierls

Tonights Goals... on 20:40 - Aug 25 by Shun

Agreed. Newby, Odoh and EOC would be the first names on the team sheet at present for me.

Beesley is the first name on the team sheet for me. EOC a close second.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024