Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We've got our club back 19:15 - Oct 6 with 37914 viewsjudd

7 minutes and 1 vote against.

Thank you, Mr Chairman and fellow board members.

Poll: What is it to be then?

We've got our club back on 22:29 - Oct 11 with 3039 viewsR17ALE

I've applied for more shares and have been surprised by how many fans have asked me how they go about getting them! And indeed by how many existing shareholders want to increase their smallholdings.

The application form was doing the rounds yesterday via personal email encouraging everyone to subscribe.

These shares will end up being like bog roll in April 2020!

I feel it appropriate, as an executor for Cloughie, to announce that he will buy 75,000 shares and give them to the Trust, who will always ballot members on every issue. This places the club partially in the hands of the Trust, and crucially in our eyes, Cloughie's legacy is to put part ownership of the club into the hands of the fans.

Now that is a legacy.

But, there's 4 or 5 new Directors chucking in £25,000 each for 12,500 shares each. Only 400,0000 shares are available.

If you want a slice, apply today.

Who knows. You might get an offer of £5 per share within days! Easy money!!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

We've got our club back on 22:54 - Oct 11 with 2934 viewsboromat

We've got our club back on 22:29 - Oct 11 by R17ALE

I've applied for more shares and have been surprised by how many fans have asked me how they go about getting them! And indeed by how many existing shareholders want to increase their smallholdings.

The application form was doing the rounds yesterday via personal email encouraging everyone to subscribe.

I feel it appropriate, as an executor for Cloughie, to announce that he will buy 75,000 shares and give them to the Trust, who will always ballot members on every issue. This places the club partially in the hands of the Trust, and crucially in our eyes, Cloughie's legacy is to put part ownership of the club into the hands of the fans.

Now that is a legacy.

But, there's 4 or 5 new Directors chucking in £25,000 each for 12,500 shares each. Only 400,0000 shares are available.

Not sure we should be promoting buying Dale shares to make a quick buck

Poll: What are we more excited for?

We've got our club back on 22:56 - Oct 11 with 2924 viewsjudd

Fook buying Rochdale shares. Have you seen the scrutiny?

We've got our club back on 23:35 - Oct 11 with 2832 viewspioneer

We've got our club back on 22:29 - Oct 11 by R17ALE

Now that is a legacy.

This is an application, with no guarantee that the application will be approved.

So unless you know something I dont, you cannot say that he will by 75,000 shares (Can a deceased person apply?), or that 4 or 5 new directors will buy 12,500 shares each.

I have suggested elsewhere that the Board really should present the criteria to be used in dealing with applications.
We've got our club back on 06:20 - Oct 12 with 2713 viewsnordenblue

We've got our club back on 23:35 - Oct 11 by pioneer

This is an application, with no guarantee that the application will be approved.

So unless you know something I dont, you cannot say that he will by 75,000 shares (Can a deceased person apply?), or that 4 or 5 new directors will buy 12,500 shares each.

I have suggested elsewhere that the Board really should present the criteria to be used in dealing with applications.

I'm guessing R17 will know what he's talking about, he's not one for spouting false information on here, far from it.
We've got our club back on 08:04 - Oct 12 with 2610 viewspioneer

We've got our club back on 06:20 - Oct 12 by nordenblue

I'm guessing R17 will know what he's talking about, he's not one for spouting false information on here, far from it.

I don’t doubt that. But that would confirm the lack of transparency in the process if he/she has been told already that such an application has been or will be approved.
We've got our club back on 08:17 - Oct 12 with 2587 viewsTVOS1907

We've got our club back on 08:04 - Oct 12 by pioneer

I don’t doubt that. But that would confirm the lack of transparency in the process if he/she has been told already that such an application has been or will be approved.

He has already explained he is one of Cloughie's executors, so he's just saying the shares will be applied for.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

We've got our club back on 08:21 - Oct 12 with 2582 views1907

We've got our club back on 08:04 - Oct 12 by pioneer

The directors can sell the shares to whoever they see fit.

If they have been made aware of an offer from Cloughie’s estate to buy 75,000 shares at (I’m assuming) £150,000 knowing that those shares are in the protected hands of the trust who will never let them fall into the hands of potential criminals, I’d suspect the club would rightly snatch their hand off.

It’s all well and good 20 people buying 200 shares a piece with the best intentions of the club in mind at the minute, however in 50 years when most of us are dead and buried and shares are passed to our grandkids who may not he so interested, all of this could happen and surface again.
Login to get fewer ads

We've got our club back on 09:37 - Oct 12 with 2462 viewsD_Alien

We've got our club back on 08:21 - Oct 12 by 1907

If they have been made aware of an offer from Cloughie’s estate to buy 75,000 shares at (I’m assuming) £150,000 knowing that those shares are in the protected hands of the trust who will never let them fall into the hands of potential criminals, I’d suspect the club would rightly snatch their hand off.

It’s all well and good 20 people buying 200 shares a piece with the best intentions of the club in mind at the minute, however in 50 years when most of us are dead and buried and shares are passed to our grandkids who may not he so interested, all of this could happen and surface again.

But the hassle involved in trying to hoover up say 1000 x 100 shares for just over 10% shareholding (or less with further issuance) would hardly be worth it?

A wide distribution would imo be in the club's interest

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

We've got our club back on 09:52 - Oct 12 with 2411 views1907

We've got our club back on 09:37 - Oct 12 by D_Alien

But the hassle involved in trying to hoover up say 1000 x 100 shares for just over 10% shareholding (or less with further issuance) would hardly be worth it?

A wide distribution would imo be in the club's interest

As would I, but somebody needs to be the largest shareholder, which imo should be The Trust.
We've got our club back on 10:20 - Oct 12 with 2377 views49thseason

We've got our club back on 08:21 - Oct 12 by 1907

Write a will and donate the shares to the Trust or back to the club.
We've got our club back on 10:38 - Oct 12 with 2334 viewsDaleiLama

We've got our club back on 10:20 - Oct 12 by 49thseason

Write a will and donate the shares to the Trust or back to the club.

My application is in and that's exactly what I'll be doing with mine, since I have no one to bequeath them to who has any real interest in Dale (as of now). I'd like to get some pleasure from owning them first, too, and knowing that I was part of another co-operative movement in my home town before they nail the lid shut though. Then they will revert back to the Trust.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

We've got our club back on 10:50 - Oct 12 with 2314 viewspioneer

We've got our club back on 08:17 - Oct 12 by TVOS1907

He has already explained he is one of Cloughie's executors, so he's just saying the shares will be applied for.

OK, applied for not buying. The language used was the problem.

It would still be good to have the criteria by which applications will be considered.
We've got our club back on 11:11 - Oct 12 with 2265 viewsupthedale

We've got our club back on 22:01 - Oct 11 by rochedale

Cheers, and to the other responses. I was a member of the trust but my subscription may have elapsed, just checked emails and the last newsletter I got was 15th July. I shall email and get myself some shares 👍

Last email I got was 25th July, but I have renewed (late though, a few weeks ago) - I've just replied to that email to check why I haven't got any further emails (not in junk either).
We've got our club back on 11:28 - Oct 12 with 2215 viewsTVOS1907

We've got our club back on 10:50 - Oct 12 by pioneer

OK, applied for not buying. The language used was the problem.

It would still be good to have the criteria by which applications will be considered.

Mere semantics in this case. I'm sure there won't be any issues.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

We've got our club back on 11:40 - Oct 12 with 2183 viewsjonahwhereru

I have not seen a link to an application form, so have written an e mail to the club requesting a form. What is the closure date?
Being an exile I am limited in the financial support I have been able to provide to the club over the years, so want to take this opportunity. Will seek to take 250 shares, as I support a wider shareholder base. I do not think an under subscribed position would necessarily be a bad thing. I can see a benefit in the board, especially backed by Trust representation, holding on to a few as a contingency should other unwanted interest in the club occur in the future. After all who would have thought a few years ago CD would sell and we would ultimately be draw into this struggle.
UTDNFS (unless it’s to Dale supports)
We've got our club back on 11:42 - Oct 12 with 2177 viewsD_Alien

We've got our club back on 11:28 - Oct 12 by TVOS1907

Mere semantics in this case. I'm sure there won't be any issues.

What about the shares?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

We've got our club back on 16:35 - Oct 12 with 1891 viewsMoonyDale

Just sent my mail off to register my interest also, fingers crossed ...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

We've got our club back on 17:01 - Oct 12 with 1838 viewsDevonDale

Form emailed to me this afternoon - completed and posted tonight together with my cheque (it has actually been over 4 1/2 years since I last used my cheque book...)
We've got our club back on 17:38 - Oct 12 with 1760 viewsrochedale

I’ve had an email back with an attachment which is the application to purchase shares. I’ve never purchased shares in a company before so can some explain the following…

Type of Shares and Subscription Price
“You can apply for 50p Ordinary Shares in the Company at an Subscription Price of £2 each.”

Why are they 50p shares but being sold at £2 each? Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I’d like to know prior to shelling out, if possible. Thanks.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

We've got our club back on 17:42 - Oct 12 with 1748 viewsDaleiLama

We've got our club back on 17:38 - Oct 12 by rochedale

I’ve had an email back with an attachment which is the application to purchase shares. I’ve never purchased shares in a company before so can some explain the following…

Type of Shares and Subscription Price
“You can apply for 50p Ordinary Shares in the Company at an Subscription Price of £2 each.”

Why are they 50p shares but being sold at £2 each? Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I’d like to know prior to shelling out, if possible. Thanks.

The 50p price is the nominal value when first issued, I believe. £2 is the price the board has valued them at for this share issue. MH were supposed to be offering £6+ to mop up shares, but in the event of their failed bid, their shares are worth 0.0p to them as they shouldn't be able to sell them (unless Southall has shaken the magic money tree and got lucky to provide funds - then he's the one left holding the baby).

Either which way, each share is being sold by the board at £2 for this share issue.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2021 17:43]

We've got our club back on 17:48 - Oct 12 with 1728 viewsrochedale

We've got our club back on 17:42 - Oct 12 by DaleiLama

The 50p price is the nominal value when first issued, I believe. £2 is the price the board has valued them at for this share issue. MH were supposed to be offering £6+ to mop up shares, but in the event of their failed bid, their shares are worth 0.0p to them as they shouldn't be able to sell them (unless Southall has shaken the magic money tree and got lucky to provide funds - then he's the one left holding the baby).

Either which way, each share is being sold by the board at £2 for this share issue.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2021 17:43]

Thanks for that, that makes sense. Quite interesting to read the following…

“These Shares can only be transferred with the approval of the Board of Directors.”

Which you’d think would mean that the likes of Curran, Rose and Southall shouldn’t be able to get their hands on any shares in the first place, unless I’m missing something. And if that was the case, how can anybody complete a hostile takeover? Sorry if this has been discussed previously and again, is a stupid question!

We've got our club back on 17:58 - Oct 12 with 1697 viewsDaleiLama

We've got our club back on 17:48 - Oct 12 by rochedale

“These Shares can only be transferred with the approval of the Board of Directors.”

Which you’d think would mean that the likes of Curran, Rose and Southall shouldn’t be able to get their hands on any shares in the first place, unless I’m missing something. And if that was the case, how can anybody complete a hostile takeover? Sorry if this has been discussed previously and again, is a stupid question!

As I understand it ........ normal share on the FTSE can be traded through a broker at the market value. Shares in smaller companies are sometimes traded on the A(lternative) I(nvestment) M(arket), where the price is more or less decided by what a buyer is prepared to pay ..... almost like a grey market.

Any transactions in RAFC shares by the "sharks" have been matching sellers and buyers "unofficially" (as in the AIM above). Those sales don't become official until approved by the board. None has been submitted yet to the best of my knowledge. Then there is the FPP test by the EFL if holdings exceed 30%. So any sale that has taken place to date has no club approval and may or may not need EFL approval on the back of that. Of course ISTBC by RAFCBLUE, who has forgotten more on such matters than I have ever learned!
[Post edited 12 Oct 2021 18:00]

We've got our club back on 17:59 - Oct 12 with 1695 viewsjudd

We've got our club back on 17:48 - Oct 12 by rochedale

Curran, Rose at al bought their shares from private individuals, not from the club.

The share transfer still needs to be ratified by the club board and ordinarily a general share transfer at Rochdale normally goes through unopposed.

We've got our club back on 18:00 - Oct 12 with 1687 viewsrochedale

We've got our club back on 17:58 - Oct 12 by DaleiLama

As I understand it ........ normal share on the FTSE can be traded through a broker at the market value. Shares in smaller companies are sometimes traded on the A(lternative) I(nvestment) M(arket), where the price is more or less decided by what a buyer is prepared to pay ..... almost like a grey market.

Any transactions in RAFC shares by the "sharks" have been matching sellers and buyers "unofficially" (as in the AIM above). Those sales don't become official until approved by the board. None has been submitted yet to the best of my knowledge. Then there is the FPP test by the EFL if holdings exceed 30%. So any sale that has taken place to date has no club approval and may or may not need EFL approval on the back of that. Of course ISTBC by RAFCBLUE, who has forgotten more on such matters than I have ever learned!
[Post edited 12 Oct 2021 18:00]

Thanks again 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024