Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Nutter 15:30 - Oct 8 with 4699 viewsAllBlueDale

Not Dale related but sad to see a local, family run, business having to close

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/beloved-rochdale-
A Nutter on 16:17 - Oct 8 with 4572 viewskel

At least the pot washers will be safe though so not all bad.
A Nutter on 17:57 - Oct 8 with 4374 viewsDalenet

I think it is sad - but who'd have thought that it would be going for 28 years? I am told a sale was agreed some time ago but unfortunately it needs a lot of investment with utilities and the kitchen and so that didn't proceed.

The family still own the Bird at Birtle which is excellent - for now at least.
A Nutter on 18:21 - Oct 8 with 4296 viewsnordenblue

A Nutter on 16:17 - Oct 8 by kel

I believe you may be closer to the truth than most think, it would appear this is the calm before the storm ahead for the restaurant/owner
A Nutter on 18:35 - Oct 8 with 4258 viewsBlueMessiah

A Nutter on 16:17 - Oct 8 by kel

Oooff!! That's a bit below the belt - as it were...

Poll: Do I Know You?

A Nutter on 00:03 - Oct 9 with 3805 viewsDorkingDale

A Nutter on 18:21 - Oct 8 by nordenblue

I believe you may be closer to the truth than most think, it would appear this is the calm before the storm ahead for the restaurant/owner

Interesting, given the comments my 91 yr old mother with memory problems just made to me over the phone....

"I think there's been some news about Nutter today - it might have been something to do with under *** ****"
A Nutter on 09:23 - Oct 9 with 3524 viewsblackdogblue

I am old enough to remember when it was the Manor (Brewers Fayre) and my daughter had birthday parties in there due to the soft play area…

I actually got barred from there once having been watching an England game in the Farrier & rocked up leathered & they refused to serve me.. embarrassing for Mrs BDB & not one of my finest moments & did go back next day & apologise….

Never been in Nutters, not my type of food & expensive..

Hopefully a bigger restaurant chain may see the potential or what else could it be.. a care home or flats??

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

A Nutter on 09:48 - Oct 9 with 3480 viewsBigKindo

I remember when it was a TB Sanatorium . Going back towards Norden on the left hand side behind the White Lion was an outdoor swimming pool 'The Norden Riviera.'
A Nutter on 11:59 - Oct 9 with 3309 views49thseason

A Nutter on 09:23 - Oct 9 by blackdogblue

I am old enough to remember when it was the Manor (Brewers Fayre) and my daughter had birthday parties in there due to the soft play area…

I actually got barred from there once having been watching an England game in the Farrier & rocked up leathered & they refused to serve me.. embarrassing for Mrs BDB & not one of my finest moments & did go back next day & apologise….

Hopefully a bigger restaurant chain may see the potential or what else could it be.. a care home or flats??

If the club could afford it, a Hall of Residence for our young players.....perhaps next year.
Login to get fewer ads

A Nutter on 12:20 - Oct 9 with 3271 viewsDorkingDale

Many great nights were had at The Manor....in the days when the pubs shut at 11.
A Nutter on 13:30 - Oct 9 with 3172 viewsDorkingDale

They've been in negotiations for months to sell to the Albert restaurant group, so presumably it will remain a restaurant......
A Nutter on 23:25 - Oct 9 with 2759 viewsShun

A Nutter on 18:21 - Oct 8 by nordenblue

The rumours around Nutter have been rife for almost as long as the restaurant’s been there. And the latest one isn’t going away. It doesn’t take a wild leap to assume that this news and that ‘rumour’ are linked.
A Nutter on 23:47 - Oct 9 with 2722 viewsR17ALE

Technically, it was a Brewsters and not a Brewers Fayre, like the John Milne used to be, and still is but under a different stripe.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

A Nutter on 08:27 - Oct 10 with 2492 viewsscooby

A Nutter on 23:25 - Oct 9 by Shun

The rumours around Nutter have been rife for almost as long as the restaurant’s been there. And the latest one isn’t going away. It doesn’t take a wild leap to assume that this news and that ‘rumour’ are linked.

Did wonder if it forced decision for "other" alleged reasons, all a little co-incidental, and only time will tell
A Nutter on 09:45 - Oct 10 with 2379 viewsblackdogblue

A Nutter on 23:47 - Oct 9 by R17ALE

Technically, it was a Brewsters and not a Brewers Fayre, like the John Milne used to be, and still is but under a different stripe.

I stand corrected Sir.. you have a better memory than me 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

A Nutter on 09:46 - Oct 10 with 2378 viewsNigeriamark

A Nutter on 09:48 - Oct 9 by BigKindo

I remember when it was a TB Sanatorium . Going back towards Norden on the left hand side behind the White Lion was an outdoor swimming pool 'The Norden Riviera.'

I think my mum ended up in there sometime after the Second World War when it treated TB & other illnesses. She spent 3 of her first 4 years of life as a prisoner of war in Germany & I think they sent sick & emaciated kids to Wolstenholme to build up their strength once they returned to Rochdale
A Nutter on 10:33 - Oct 10 with 2292 viewsDorkingDale

A Nutter on 09:46 - Oct 10 by Nigeriamark

I think my mum ended up in there sometime after the Second World War when it treated TB & other illnesses. She spent 3 of her first 4 years of life as a prisoner of war in Germany & I think they sent sick & emaciated kids to Wolstenholme to build up their strength once they returned to Rochdale

That's interesting Mark - look forward to hearing more about your Mum over a post match pint...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024