Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over the line, offside, headbutt? 21:18 - Nov 13 with 3570 viewstruenorth

From my seat in the main stand it looked like:

Yes — a la Frank Lampard v Germany
Yes — about two yards x two LO players
No — a meal made out of not a right lot

Did anyone have a better view?

TN

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 21:27 - Nov 13 with 3518 viewsTVOS1907

Bloke behind me was convinced Orient's first goal was offside....

... from his seat on the back row of Pearl Street!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 21:31 - Nov 13 with 3503 views442Dale

It wasn’t in. Lampard’s was a yard over the line!
First thought was it wasn’t offside but you can’t tell from behind the goal, see Shun’s post in the match thread.
The other incident - couldn’t see properly.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 21:32 - Nov 13 with 3502 viewsWalboro

All of us around me where we were level were convinced it was off side by a distance.Decent finish though
Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 21:44 - Nov 13 with 3441 viewsSandyDrum

Orient's first goal wasn't even close to being offside.

When I can figure out how to do pictures on here, it's very clear that Graham's right leg plays the attacker on by at least half a yard.

I understand at full speed it would have looked offside, but it wasn't even close unfortunately.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 22:17 - Nov 13 with 3335 viewsR17ALE

Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 21:31 - Nov 13 by 442Dale

It wasn’t in. Lampard’s was a yard over the line!
First thought was it wasn’t offside but you can’t tell from behind the goal, see Shun’s post in the match thread.
The other incident - couldn’t see properly.

It bounced on the line. I was about ten yards away and saw it clearly.

It wasn't off-side. I base that on the reactions of the main-standers of whom only a handful were shaking their TVOS in the air like Russian politicians in the Politburo!

No idea on the headbutt, but there is an increasing touch of the Colemans in this side which will not go down well with fans.

We've got rid of the cheats in the Boardroom. The last thing we want is to replace them with is cheats on the pitch.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 22:38 - Nov 13 with 3269 viewsWalboro

Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 22:17 - Nov 13 by R17ALE

It bounced on the line. I was about ten yards away and saw it clearly.

It wasn't off-side. I base that on the reactions of the main-standers of whom only a handful were shaking their TVOS in the air like Russian politicians in the Politburo!

No idea on the headbutt, but there is an increasing touch of the Colemans in this side which will not go down well with fans.

We've got rid of the cheats in the Boardroom. The last thing we want is to replace them with is cheats on the pitch.

Fair enough I will go with the majority vote but from where I was in the F section of the main stand it looked off side and everyone around me couldn't believe it.
Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 22:38 - Nov 13 with 3269 viewsEllDale

I agree about the petulance, the dissent and the apparent play acting. It’s only a small handful of players but happens frequently.
Condoned by the management?
Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 23:44 - Nov 13 with 3155 viewsShun

It wasn’t offside. As said on the other thread (and by SD on here!), Graham’s playing the attacker on. He made a last ditch effort to get back in line as he realised he was about 2 yards behind the rest of his defenders!
Login to get fewer ads

Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 00:02 - Nov 14 with 3122 views49thseason

Looking at the highlights, there are two forward balls played the first was blocked and the ball was knocked forward again. It wasn't offside the first time but must have been very tight for the second one as the defence were moving out. Tellingly the linesman was 20 yards behind play so I doubt if he had any idea if it was offside or not, to be honest he didn't seem to have much of an idea about many things except perhaps eating.
Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 09:21 - Nov 14 with 2872 viewsDaleiLama

Anyone at the post match presentation - was Newby awarded his Oscar for best actor at the same time as his motm trophy or did he have to go up twice? I sit in block C and block B would have had the absolute best view, but that was shameful. Stick to playing, drop the play-acting thanks.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 09:50 - Nov 14 with 2811 viewstony_roch975

No
Yes
No - too many 'peevish' reactions form the likes of Newby & O'Keefe as I've said before

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 10:05 - Nov 14 with 2757 viewsSuddenLad

I could only see the 3rd of those events clearly, but - yes - there was definitely a 'fronting up' by Newby and the LO player - yes -, their heads came into faint contact, but not in a way that ever justified the way in which Newby reacted. There would have been howls of derision and a chorus of 'cheat, cheat. cheat' if that had been an opposition player tring the same trick.

He should stick to playing the game and forget the 'verbals' and the simulation. Each deserved a yellow card.

Both incidents were disappointing to say the least.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 11:00 - Nov 14 with 2665 viewsEllDale

RS needs to have a word with O’Keeffe.
That’s his second booking in two home games in six days following the yellow card for dissent against Notts County.
He could have gone in the book earlier in the game yesterday for a rant at the linesman over Orient’s first goal.
If he had been booked for that he may well have got a second yellow for his involvement in the Newby incident.
All hypothetical I know but we don’t have another right back at the club if he’s suspended. Please don’t tell me that Jimmy Keohane can play there.
He’s a midfielder who’s been pressed into service at fullback for 18 months.
O’Connell is pretty vocal at times with referees but he’s captain and as such entitled to his say.
Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 18:11 - Nov 14 with 2378 viewsbluevein64

Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 11:00 - Nov 14 by EllDale

That’s his second booking in two home games in six days following the yellow card for dissent against Notts County.
He could have gone in the book earlier in the game yesterday for a rant at the linesman over Orient’s first goal.
If he had been booked for that he may well have got a second yellow for his involvement in the Newby incident.
All hypothetical I know but we don’t have another right back at the club if he’s suspended. Please don’t tell me that Jimmy Keohane can play there.
O’Connell is pretty vocal at times with referees but he’s captain and as such entitled to his say.

Maybe we a are now seeing a side to O'Keefe that Clough has already seen!
Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 18:42 - Nov 14 with 2309 viewsBrierls

Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 11:00 - Nov 14 by EllDale

I don’t know about Stockdale having a word with O’Keefe, you need to have a word with yourself. You’ve just hypothetically sent him off to make your point?!

O’Keeffe has been one of our best players so far, and clearly gives a shit despite being a loan player. Having an edge isn’t a bad thing, it’s what made Hendo the player he was for Dale. I’d argue we need a few more like him!
Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 20:30 - Nov 14 with 2138 viewsnordenblue

Over the line, offside, headbutt? on 18:11 - Nov 14 by bluevein64

Maybe we a are now seeing a side to O'Keefe that Clough has already seen!

Or a sign that he actually gives a shit, I'd rather a team full of that type of player every day of the week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024