Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walsall (a) Match Thread 14:14 - Nov 19 with 10189 viewsHullDale

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:46 - Nov 20 with 3981 viewsSuddenLad

Thought Dorsett was excellent today, compared to some of his recent performances. Made some very important tackles and got the better of the Walsall players when he needed to do.

There's definitely a player in there and he showed it today. I hope he uses that as a platform to build on because he was on top of his game today.

O'Keeffe very unlucky not to score with a couple of great efforts. Odoh should have done better with a headed chance, Lynch was solid in defence of the goals and Dale were well worth at least the point they gained.

On to Tuesday..

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 19:48 - Nov 20 with 3549 viewsEllDale

Out of interest, how their keeper play today?
Only asking because he’s a Halifax lad and his family are neighbours of ours.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 19:54 - Nov 20 with 3512 viewsSandyman

Excellent defensive performance today and a point we deserved, unlike last Saturday. Some lovely football going forward in the second half and more of a "team performance" feel which was also excellent. Lynch and O'Connell outstanding, and Dorsett, after a shaky start, had his best game for the club. A definite improvement. Well done all.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 20:03 - Nov 20 with 3441 views49thseason

the last time we went 6 or more unbeaten league games was in 2016 17 September - October .. 7 games! We had 2 x 6 game unbeaten runs in our promotion year from L2 2013/14.
5 years between 6 game unbeaten runs is a long, long time. Well done Mr Stockdale!
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 20:17 - Nov 20 with 3391 viewspnc4eva1

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 16:57 - Nov 20 by SandyDrum

What a dreadful 90 minutes of football that was. Should have stayed in the pubs in Birmingham, so boring.

Completely disagree but each to their own. We should have won but we're unlucky

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 20:24 - Nov 20 with 3359 viewspnc4eva1

As an exile this was one of the more local games for me.

I thought we started well but we're slow to get forward. The final ball was always missing. After about 25- 30 minutes we allowed walsall to gain confidence. They then started to break us down and lunch kept us in the game on a few occasions. It was really not good as they are one of the worst sides I've seen in my 50+ years.

The second half saw Dale playing some excellent football at times and we should have really won the game. The bar, poor finishing and some decent blocks kept us out.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 20:42 - Nov 20 with 3282 views_Windydale

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:46 - Nov 20 by SuddenLad

Thought Dorsett was excellent today, compared to some of his recent performances. Made some very important tackles and got the better of the Walsall players when he needed to do.

There's definitely a player in there and he showed it today. I hope he uses that as a platform to build on because he was on top of his game today.

O'Keeffe very unlucky not to score with a couple of great efforts. Odoh should have done better with a headed chance, Lynch was solid in defence of the goals and Dale were well worth at least the point they gained.

On to Tuesday..

Sorry this is in response to EllDale(edit)

The keeper didn't have much to do TBH.

Dale's shots were mostly off target.

He did well coming off his line quickly when I think Beezley was gifted a great ball from O'Connell? over the top to chase. With just the keeper ahead, racing off his line and out of his area, it might have been a great goal chance otherwise.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 20:46]
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 21:24 - Nov 20 with 3164 viewsSandyman

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 20:42 - Nov 20 by _Windydale

Sorry this is in response to EllDale(edit)

The keeper didn't have much to do TBH.

Dale's shots were mostly off target.

He did well coming off his line quickly when I think Beezley was gifted a great ball from O'Connell? over the top to chase. With just the keeper ahead, racing off his line and out of his area, it might have been a great goal chance otherwise.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 20:46]

Also for EllDale,
2nd half their keeper made a good low save from a shot by Kelly (I think) which took a deflection. Thought it would settle into the bottom left corner but the 'keeper got down in time. (Edit: it's on the highlights below ↓↓↓)
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 21:32]
Login to get fewer ads

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 21:32 - Nov 20 with 3130 viewsSandyman

Highlights:

https://www.skysports.com/football/walsall-vs-rochdale/448645
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 21:53 - Nov 20 with 3033 viewsEllDale

Thanks for the feedback. He’s actually on loan from Brighton so works with the same goalkeeping coaches there as Bobby Sanchez.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 21:55 - Nov 20 with 3011 viewskel

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:39 - Nov 20 by D_Alien

Glad to hear Lynch justified keeping his place after the cup tie

Someone posted prior to that game "looks like a decent line-up, apart from Lynch"

He should stay between the sticks now and if he falters Coleman will know what he has to do when his chance comes again. Comments like the above one make me wonder what Dale fans expect from a League Two squad built on a shoestring

RS has enabled genuine competition for that key part of the team, and we should be supporting that improvement rather than undermining it

Maybe Dorsett is starting to gain some confidence now too

Looks like somebody has registered specifically tonight to mark down posts that question why some supporters have to be so negative.

Bless.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 22:07 - Nov 20 with 2930 viewskel

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 21:55 - Nov 20 by kel

Looks like somebody has registered specifically tonight to mark down posts that question why some supporters have to be so negative.

Bless.

Arf, TVOS.

Saw it coming tbf.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 22:37 - Nov 20 with 2817 viewsD_Alien

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 21:55 - Nov 20 by kel

Bless.

And typically, haven't got either the bottle or the brain to make a counter argument

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 11:35 - Nov 21 with 2209 views1907

Lynch had a great game yesterday which will have done his confidence the world of good. Really disappointed White pulled up again, starting to look a little like the new McLaughlin. Thought Taylor did well and Dorsett showed what he is capable of when there is a little more solidity across the back line. I thought yesterday, other than a couple of chances Walsall created, we defended quite well.

We were a little lacklustre in the middle of the pitch and Beesley and Andrew’s didn’t get much to really go at. O’Keeffee was really unlucky not to score and marauded well down the right.

Was quite an enjoyable game to watch in comparison with some other recent displays. I sincerely hope RS now let’s Taylor enjoy a spell in the time if he doesn’t fancy altering the defensive formation but I would like to see a little more energy in the middle of the pitch.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 13:01 - Nov 21 with 2022 viewsNigeriamark

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 11:35 - Nov 21 by 1907

Lynch had a great game yesterday which will have done his confidence the world of good. Really disappointed White pulled up again, starting to look a little like the new McLaughlin. Thought Taylor did well and Dorsett showed what he is capable of when there is a little more solidity across the back line. I thought yesterday, other than a couple of chances Walsall created, we defended quite well.

We were a little lacklustre in the middle of the pitch and Beesley and Andrew’s didn’t get much to really go at. O’Keeffee was really unlucky not to score and marauded well down the right.

Was quite an enjoyable game to watch in comparison with some other recent displays. I sincerely hope RS now let’s Taylor enjoy a spell in the time if he doesn’t fancy altering the defensive formation but I would like to see a little more energy in the middle of the pitch.

Dooley sparked it up a little when he came on. Unfortunately the midfielders are all a bit too much the same. I hope we can get a few out and a few in in January, & get someone with some bite in central midfield
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 13:46 - Nov 21 with 1919 viewsEllDale

It’s got to be a good sign perhaps that the match thread is only two pages long on Sunday afternoon!
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 19:58 - Nov 21 with 1552 viewsD_Alien

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 13:46 - Nov 21 by EllDale

It’s got to be a good sign perhaps that the match thread is only two pages long on Sunday afternoon!

I think there's a sense in which everyone is taking a bit of a breather

With everything that's gone on over the past six months or so, and with RS being appointed into a maelstrom, i for one am biding my time regarding what's happening on the pitch until after the January window - at the very least

We're nicely placed, but it's a bit of a waiting game until further squad-shaping can take place although the signs are positive and we could do with maintaining a bit of momentum to carry us into the new year

[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 20:01]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 18:15 - Nov 22 with 1012 viewsAltDaleComms

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024