Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Club United - Crowdfunding 12:14 - Jan 28 with 55475 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

So it looks like the Trust and Club need to raise c.£130K to fight the legal action being brought by Morton House.

Its a big number, so probably worth collating any information into one thread. We'll need the wider football family to support our club now more than ever.

Club Statement:
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/january/clubunited_oldhamwalk/

Trust Statement:
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/january/daletrust_crowdfundinglaunch/

Crowdfunding Link
https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/keep-rochdale-afc-fan-owned/

#UpTheDaleNotForSale
[Post edited 28 Jan 2022 12:37]

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 12:19 - Feb 6 with 8980 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

In a little over one week, the online campaign has raised nearly £19K from just under 500 football fans.

Add to that the offline donations that are happening (they all count, from the anonymous sizeable ones someone mentioned on here to the young lad who chipped in with his piggy bank!) and this is getting bigger and bigger.

We've had messages of support on social media from clubs in the Premier League, Championship, Leagues 1 & 2, Non League, Scottish Premier League and even abroad.

Its beginning to look like this legal action against supporters of RAFC will be a watershed moment in professional football... its resonating with football fans who are seeing it could be them one day if change is not enacted and a statement isn't made here.

#UpTheDaleNotForSale

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 16:07 - Feb 6 with 8724 viewsjudd

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 12:19 - Feb 6 by UpTheDaleNotForSale

In a little over one week, the online campaign has raised nearly £19K from just under 500 football fans.

Add to that the offline donations that are happening (they all count, from the anonymous sizeable ones someone mentioned on here to the young lad who chipped in with his piggy bank!) and this is getting bigger and bigger.

We've had messages of support on social media from clubs in the Premier League, Championship, Leagues 1 & 2, Non League, Scottish Premier League and even abroad.

Its beginning to look like this legal action against supporters of RAFC will be a watershed moment in professional football... its resonating with football fans who are seeing it could be them one day if change is not enacted and a statement isn't made here.

#UpTheDaleNotForSale

I don't envy whoever had volunteered to count the cash collected this weekend. There was an absolute pile of coins covering the Trust desk yesterday.

Plus the almost £300 donated from sales of Dale Ale by the Cemetery Hotel, which rather ironically hosted a meeting between Morton House and Trust representatives once.

Poll: What is it to be then?

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 11:17 - Feb 7 with 8423 viewsJames1980

James O'Brien on LBC was talking about the FA Cup game between Kidderminster and West Ham at the top of his show. Latest Rajar figures show his show has the largest audience on LBC. As he has mentioned football today he might be receptive to a call about the crowdfunder and what led to its necessity

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 11:32 - Feb 7 with 8409 viewsDalenet

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 12:19 - Feb 6 by UpTheDaleNotForSale

#UpTheDaleNotForSale

It is humbling to see so much love and support coming through in donations and messages from fans of other clubs. I see that Arsenal supporters trust has just donated and there are dozens of Derby County fans who are going through their own pain too just now.

So come on Daley's. Do we really want a fan owned club? One that will be here for you, your kids and their kids into the future? Do we deserve a Board that do all their work for free and a Trust that does the same? Its just not fair that these people are being targeted in this way. Now more than ever we have to show them our support. With around 3000 Daley's we have to dig deep and show that support now. Please don't leave it to others and hope it will be okay. Is £100 each really that much to pay to know that the club will be free and fan based for generations to come? Now is the time to act.
A Club United - Crowdfunding on 12:01 - Feb 7 with 8350 viewsD_Alien

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 11:32 - Feb 7 by Dalenet

It is humbling to see so much love and support coming through in donations and messages from fans of other clubs. I see that Arsenal supporters trust has just donated and there are dozens of Derby County fans who are going through their own pain too just now.

So come on Daley's. Do we really want a fan owned club? One that will be here for you, your kids and their kids into the future? Do we deserve a Board that do all their work for free and a Trust that does the same? Its just not fair that these people are being targeted in this way. Now more than ever we have to show them our support. With around 3000 Daley's we have to dig deep and show that support now. Please don't leave it to others and hope it will be okay. Is £100 each really that much to pay to know that the club will be free and fan based for generations to come? Now is the time to act.

Whilst it does seem a little odd that just over 500 pledges have been made, many from outside the club and compared with (for instance) the number of Trust members, i think raising awareness is the way forward

If 3000 Daleys were to donate, the target would be acheived with much less than £100 each, taking other contributions into account

And let's not forget that the Trust are now able to utilise monthly donations that were primarily sought to increase shareholding for the time being (and with previous donations protected)

I'm sure that those who can, will donate, and most likely already have. Further effort is best concentrated on the widest possible awareness and additional activities highlighted on this forum

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 16:32 - Feb 7 with 8095 viewsDaleiLama

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 12:01 - Feb 7 by D_Alien

Whilst it does seem a little odd that just over 500 pledges have been made, many from outside the club and compared with (for instance) the number of Trust members, i think raising awareness is the way forward

If 3000 Daleys were to donate, the target would be acheived with much less than £100 each, taking other contributions into account

And let's not forget that the Trust are now able to utilise monthly donations that were primarily sought to increase shareholding for the time being (and with previous donations protected)

I'm sure that those who can, will donate, and most likely already have. Further effort is best concentrated on the widest possible awareness and additional activities highlighted on this forum

Agree. And to add:

It's not dissimilar to being the fan who goes to 1 game a year being any less of a fan than another who doesn't miss a game. The fan who donates £1 is no less of a donor or supporter than one donating much more. This will only get done by broad appeal and mass take-up.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 18:52 - Feb 7 with 7958 viewsDaleiLama

£25k reached. Just shy of a 1/5 of the way there in 10 days. Terrific.

[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 18:56]

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 19:09 - Feb 8 with 7531 viewsDale_4_Life

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 18:52 - Feb 7 by DaleiLama

£25k reached. Just shy of a 1/5 of the way there in 10 days. Terrific.

[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 18:56]

Fantastic news... Here is hoping the momentum gathers pace.
Login to get fewer ads

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 21:05 - Feb 9 with 7205 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

We've just had a quick look following all of the interest today, & the online crowd fund has breached the £20K mark.

Add in the offline donations, events / auctions etc coming up, and the crowd fund is truly in full swing.

#UpTheDaleNotForSale
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 21:05]

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 09:22 - Feb 13 with 6599 viewsDaleiLama

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 21:05 - Feb 9 by UpTheDaleNotForSale

We've just had a quick look following all of the interest today, & the online crowd fund has breached the £20K mark.

Add in the offline donations, events / auctions etc coming up, and the crowd fund is truly in full swing.

#UpTheDaleNotForSale
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 21:05]

Charlton fans continue donating with unstinting generosity and a mystery donation of £404 just went into the pot.

#UTDNFS

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 13:02 - Feb 13 with 6462 viewsjudd

The bucket collection yesterday was a truly humbling experience.

The plan was to collect loose change and unwanted coins.

The sheer amount of notes was just astonishing. Incredible generosity.

Harrogate fans chipped in too.

I believe we will know tomorrow the amount collected.

A polite reminder we will be doing this at every home game that does not have a pre-planned charity collection assigned.

Thanks all.

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 15:41 - Feb 14 with 6148 viewsDale_4_Life

The buckets At the turnstile s are a lifeline. Every 5p 10p thrown in adds up and with every new initiative the Trust and this fighting fund gets closer to it's target. Every home game between now and the end of the season let's dog deep when we can to show Morton House we will NOT BE BULLIED and are more than ready for the courts should it come to that.
A Club United - Crowdfunding on 14:17 - Feb 17 with 5522 views49thseason

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 13:02 - Feb 13 by judd

The bucket collection yesterday was a truly humbling experience.

The plan was to collect loose change and unwanted coins.

The sheer amount of notes was just astonishing. Incredible generosity.

Harrogate fans chipped in too.

I believe we will know tomorrow the amount collected.

A polite reminder we will be doing this at every home game that does not have a pre-planned charity collection assigned.

Thanks all.

Well done Judd, Can you please try let us know in advance which matches the collections will / will not be made at?
A Club United - Crowdfunding on 12:04 - Feb 18 with 5187 viewsjudd

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 14:17 - Feb 17 by 49thseason

Well done Judd, Can you please try let us know in advance which matches the collections will / will not be made at?

So far only the Barrow game has a charity designated to collect.

It is the Samaritans, with an address in Worsley.

We will endeavour to make sure a separate thread appears before each planed collection.

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 12:17 - Feb 21 with 4688 viewsncfc_chalky

Hello Daley's

I've just had a gander at the crowdfunding page and noticed that it ends in five days,will it be extended beyond that and is there anyway that a monthly donation could be organised for those that can afford it,sorry if it's been mentioned elsewhere but I thought that I would ask rather than trawl through the hundreds of posts

Keep up the good work

UTD

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 13:54 - Feb 21 with 4623 viewsDrigdale

Travelling over for tomorrows game and was wondering where the collection points are for bags of coin. Can anyone advise?
A Club United - Crowdfunding on 14:29 - Feb 21 with 4571 viewsjudd

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 13:54 - Feb 21 by Drigdale

Travelling over for tomorrows game and was wondering where the collection points are for bags of coin. Can anyone advise?

Should be just inside each turnstile half hour before KO, alternatively the Trust desk in the Dale bar.

Thanks very much.

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 15:00 - Feb 21 with 4559 viewsDale_Trust

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 12:17 - Feb 21 by ncfc_chalky

Hello Daley's

I've just had a gander at the crowdfunding page and noticed that it ends in five days,will it be extended beyond that and is there anyway that a monthly donation could be organised for those that can afford it,sorry if it's been mentioned elsewhere but I thought that I would ask rather than trawl through the hundreds of posts

Keep up the good work

UTD

Been informed by Crowdjustice people that the "days to go" automatically renews each month
A Club United - Crowdfunding on 15:18 - Feb 21 with 4545 viewsDrigdale

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 14:29 - Feb 21 by judd

Should be just inside each turnstile half hour before KO, alternatively the Trust desk in the Dale bar.

Thanks very much.

Cheers.
A Club United - Crowdfunding on 07:32 - Feb 25 with 4048 viewsseasidedale

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 15:18 - Feb 21 by Drigdale

Cheers.

Has a court date been set?
A Club United - Crowdfunding on 09:02 - Feb 28 with 3491 viewsDale_4_Life

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 07:32 - Feb 25 by seasidedale

Has a court date been set?

I just can't see this ever getting to court.

As well as the date what are the specific charges? The footballing world is ready.
A Club United - Crowdfunding on 09:27 - Feb 28 with 3470 viewsDaleiLama

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 09:02 - Feb 28 by Dale_4_Life

I just can't see this ever getting to court.

As well as the date what are the specific charges? The footballing world is ready.

Not sure how the footballing world can be deemed "ready" when its governing body sits on its hands whilst in possession of incontrovertible and mounting evidence in our favour.

We still have a long way to go to raise required funds to defend this pernicious attack on custodians of the club too. I sincerely hope this doesn't get to court, but it cannot and must not be taken as a foregone conclusion. I'm sure the Directors and Trust board don't go to bed every night filled with such thoughts.

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 12:46 - Feb 28 with 3327 viewsseasidedale

Dare I say the unthinkable, if Morton house win, we would have to pay their legal fees, as well as the ramifications
A Club United - Crowdfunding on 07:59 - Mar 1 with 3076 viewsDale_4_Life

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 12:46 - Feb 28 by seasidedale

Dare I say the unthinkable, if Morton house win, we would have to pay their legal fees, as well as the ramifications

Unthinkable!
A Club United - Crowdfunding on 17:03 - Mar 1 with 2873 viewshuchen_karma

A Club United - Crowdfunding on 12:46 - Feb 28 by seasidedale

It's about time somebody actually started thinking about it.....
Thats how litigation works, losing party(ies) pays the other sides costs.
All the respondents will be liable to pay Morton House's legal fees, any damages awarded and all other associated costs. wonder what happens when they can't pay..... may want to get some skips outside the crown oil for loose change and ramp up the crowd funding!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024