Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - Carlisle 12:14 - Feb 4 with 5949 viewsDaleiLama

Thoughts from the gaffer.

Swiss Army Jimmy training but 2+ weeks away from being available for selection. Andrews out for another ~6 weeks before he can start training again.

That will put more on the plate of Charman and Campbell, who are at different levels of "L2 fit".

Patience from the fanbase requested.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread - Carlisle on 12:35 - Feb 4 with 4405 viewskel

We need to get at this lot early I reckon going off what I read due to me knowing some Carlisle fans.

Bring our second half performances to the first half ones and we’ve got a good chance of 3 points.
Match Thread - Carlisle on 14:01 - Feb 4 with 4254 viewsgriff

We (Carlisle) had a so-so window, bringing in quite a few new faces so we’ll see if any of them get used to halt our goal drought. We won’t score without significant changes to our personnel and approach to games. On top of that we lost two defenders and a midfielder to bad injuries in the first-half against Salford so our defensive abilities could be reduced. Hopefully we’ll produce a ‘backs against the wall’ performance though as most of those newcomers and others coming off the bench will hardly have been introduced, I’m not going to bet on it.

Oh, and Kel’s an undercooked noodle; it’s official.
Match Thread - Carlisle on 15:26 - Feb 4 with 4102 viewskel

Meh. Best of luck for the season. Except when you play us (lol)
Match Thread - Carlisle on 17:44 - Feb 4 with 3897 viewsgriff

Keith Millen thoughts:

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2022/february/manager-their-possession-sta
Match Thread - Carlisle on 18:13 - Feb 4 with 3820 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread - Carlisle on 17:44 - Feb 4 by griff

Keith Millen thoughts:

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2022/february/manager-their-possession-sta

#bringbackchrisbeech

😀😀😀

Shooo Griff
[Post edited 4 Feb 2022 18:48]

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread - Carlisle on 20:05 - Feb 4 with 3594 viewsgriff

I think you’ll find I have the copyright on shoo.
Match Thread - Carlisle on 10:38 - Feb 5 with 3307 viewsjonahwhereru

Can’t see Campbell and Charman starting today, as I think both can’t do a full steam 90 minutes yet. That would leave Matty Done as the only potential forward. If we were chasing the game that would not be a great scenario. TC must be getting close to L2 fitness now mind.
Think this is an important game for us in the scheme of the season. We don’t win enough games given how competitive we are. This is now RS’s team and they really need to start building momentum after three relatively bobbins performances.
Would normally think we could win today, but like the players i’m Lacking a bit of confidence at the moment, so I am relying on hope.
UTDNFS
Match Thread - Carlisle on 11:29 - Feb 5 with 3178 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread - Carlisle on 10:38 - Feb 5 by jonahwhereru

Can’t see Campbell and Charman starting today, as I think both can’t do a full steam 90 minutes yet. That would leave Matty Done as the only potential forward. If we were chasing the game that would not be a great scenario. TC must be getting close to L2 fitness now mind.
Think this is an important game for us in the scheme of the season. We don’t win enough games given how competitive we are. This is now RS’s team and they really need to start building momentum after three relatively bobbins performances.
Would normally think we could win today, but like the players i’m Lacking a bit of confidence at the moment, so I am relying on hope.
UTDNFS

I hope RS takes the view that the only way to get LC/TC up to full speed now is to start them, and the game on the front foot

We've got rain and strong wind agsin today (sounds familiar against Carlisle?) so let's get at them from the start, even if we only get 65/70 minutes out of LC in particular; that's better than 25 minutes chasing the game at the end

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread - Carlisle on 12:14 - Feb 5 with 3090 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread - Carlisle on 11:29 - Feb 5 by D_Alien

I hope RS takes the view that the only way to get LC/TC up to full speed now is to start them, and the game on the front foot

We've got rain and strong wind agsin today (sounds familiar against Carlisle?) so let's get at them from the start, even if we only get 65/70 minutes out of LC in particular; that's better than 25 minutes chasing the game at the end

I endorse this message. It should be much easier (with the defence as it is now structured) to protect a lead than to try to chase one.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread - Carlisle on 12:20 - Feb 5 with 3033 viewsboromat

Think I also agree. The other perspective is let's start playing RS's new first eleven from the start now and get them used to playing with each other. If subs are needed for fitness reasons hopefully they're joining the game with us already ahead.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread - Carlisle on 12:51 - Feb 5 with 2917 views100notout

I'll whisper it - there's a lot of bloody rain this morning - presumably there is no chance of the game being called off?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match Thread - Carlisle on 12:59 - Feb 5 with 2870 viewsjacko_dale

Match Thread - Carlisle on 12:51 - Feb 5 by 100notout

I'll whisper it - there's a lot of bloody rain this morning - presumably there is no chance of the game being called off?

The club just tweeted that there'll be a pitch inspection at 1.15pm. Fingers crossed.
Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:02 - Feb 5 with 2850 views442Dale

Match Thread - Carlisle on 12:59 - Feb 5 by jacko_dale

The club just tweeted that there'll be a pitch inspection at 1.15pm. Fingers crossed.

Clarifying immediately: this is no criticism of the club today...

... however, wasn’t all that money spent on the pitch, including visibly raising the playing surface, done to avoid this type of situation? It has not been raining for days on end.

Please look to the past for the answers.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:05 - Feb 5 with 2823 views442Dale

Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:02 - Feb 5 by 442Dale

... however, wasn’t all that money spent on the pitch, including visibly raising the playing surface, done to avoid this type of situation? It has not been raining for days on end.

Something from the past:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/new-article/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:06 - Feb 5 with 2817 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:02 - Feb 5 by 442Dale

It's not even been raining heavily this morning. Didn't start round here until 11ish.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:14 - Feb 5 with 2760 viewsjacko_dale

Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:05 - Feb 5 by 442Dale

Something from the past:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/new-article/

'...our beloved town'.

Pass me the sick bucket.
Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:19 - Feb 5 with 2702 views100notout

Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:06 - Feb 5 by TVOS1907

It's not even been raining heavily this morning. Didn't start round here until 11ish.

There was a hell of a lot of rain yesterday as well

Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:22 - Feb 5 with 2657 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:19 - Feb 5 by 100notout

There was a hell of a lot of rain yesterday as well

In Rochdale? I was in Rossendale for most of the day and apart from occasional showers, it was just cold and even sunny at times.

Then again, we keep getting told Rochdale has its own micro-climate.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 13:22]

Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:23 - Feb 5 with 2637 views100notout

Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:22 - Feb 5 by TVOS1907

In Rochdale? I was in Rossendale for most of the day and apart from occasional showers, it was just cold and even sunny at times.

Then again, we keep getting told Rochdale has its own micro-climate.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 13:22]

yes in Rochdale

Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:25 - Feb 5 with 2601 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:23 - Feb 5 by 100notout

yes in Rochdale

Cheers

Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:34 - Feb 5 with 2439 viewsgriff

Further inspection at 2 p.m.
Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:36 - Feb 5 with 2394 viewsHullDale

There must be some hope of it being on - would've called it off by now if it was unlikely I think (Salford called off already).

Good progress being made getting rid of standing water looking at this reporter's timeline..

Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:48 - Feb 5 with 2258 viewsdeeplishblue

This is all a bit concerning after a relatively dry few weeks weeks and another black mark against the previous incumbents.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Match Thread - Carlisle on 13:53 - Feb 5 with 2208 viewsDale_4_Life

Did the ground staff take the covers off to early?
Match Thread - Carlisle on 14:03 - Feb 5 with 2060 viewsdale1968

Off..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024