Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets on Sunday 19:31 - Feb 24 with 255974 viewsEllDale

They’re tweeting that their “matchday operations” are being restricted for the home game against Barrow on Sunday for reasons that they don’t want to divulge at the moment.
The bottom line is that the crowd capacity is limited to 920 and there will be no cash admissions on the day.
Wonder what that’s all about?
Hornets on Sunday on 11:07 - Mar 6 with 2334 viewsRochdaleGlory

Hornets on Sunday on 10:55 - Mar 6 by kel

😂😂😂

Must try harder. Odd that you appeared not long after huchen logged out isn’t it?

Your attempts to divide are most amusing though.

Ive been logged in since early doors this morning?

Im no expert but pretty sure administrators on these type of things can determine i am not posting under any other usernames.

Not trying to divide anything, on the contrary i have respect for everyone who invests time and or money in any sports club and hope to see both clubs maximise their potential.

Football, cricket, rugby whatever is your thing its about Rochdale for me as a whole.
Hornets on Sunday on 11:07 - Mar 6 with 2336 viewsDalenet

Hornets on Sunday on 10:51 - Mar 6 by RochdaleGlory

Hardly comparable as with respect to Hornets Wigan Warriors are a huge club with serious revenue streams at the elite level and arguably the biggest name in that sport. Athletic are also a different proposition to us with private ownership and considerable wealth now in their boardroom it would seem.

I will concede i wouldn't have a clue about Warriors lease or arrangements though but i do remember well how we acquired the stadium and how the current arrangements were born which got made to enable us to acquire a valuable asset in full and to ensure Hornets have a sustainable and affordable tenancy which has always been public knowledge in Rochdale.

Re the rugby club i am only going off what i read in the local papers and hear from people in the town but you do understand a company conversion right?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/IP030618

It would seem to me the company was taken over and converted from a society (members owned) model into private limited (now owned equally by five businessmen it would seem from companies house records which you kindly direct me to) and i am pretty sure that in these cases all assets and liabilities carry forward so effectively nothing changes legally.

Looks a pretty steady model they now have and I know id rather have five individuals with a few quid owning and running a club than have fans in the boardroom posting £1.2m losses, fighting relegation from the bottom tier of the football league and trying desperately to scratch together funds from Joe pubic to cover legal costs.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 11:10]

I can make any argument stick when comparing an apple with an orange.

You know full well that Dale's losses for 2020/21 were due to being made to play during covid without match day income. Rugby League didn't do that.

You know full well that players were sold this season to cover such losses

You know full well that Dale now has a turnover of c£4m pa and will cover its runing costs and the cost of the stadium.

The rugby club has 500 fans. They are ageing and reducing in number every season. They are insufficient in number to sustain the club and has been taken over by 5 named individuals who may, or may not, invest their own money in the club. The rugby club has no assets - unlike Mayfield or the union code clubs in the town. It is in effect a small franchise dependent on others to play games and survive. Quite sad to see the demise to be honest.

It is also sad and abhorrent that the EFL has let potential, unwated, owners of the football club threaten legal action against volunteers. The same people that the EFL said hadn't followed proper process to acquire shares. The fact that you seem to revel in that makes you as bad as they are. Why would a sports fan in the town think in that way. Of course we know why.....
Hornets on Sunday on 11:17 - Mar 6 with 2290 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 11:07 - Mar 6 by RochdaleGlory

Ive been logged in since early doors this morning?

Im no expert but pretty sure administrators on these type of things can determine i am not posting under any other usernames.

Not trying to divide anything, on the contrary i have respect for everyone who invests time and or money in any sports club and hope to see both clubs maximise their potential.

Football, cricket, rugby whatever is your thing its about Rochdale for me as a whole.

No, you haven’t. One of many odd obsessions is noticing who is logged in.
Hornets on Sunday on 11:21 - Mar 6 with 2276 viewskel

“and I know id rather have five individuals with a few quid”

“ Wouldn't have a clue about the personal wealth of individuals in either business and not really interested.”

Which is it to be? Fella.
Hornets on Sunday on 11:23 - Mar 6 with 2268 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 11:07 - Mar 6 by Dalenet

I can make any argument stick when comparing an apple with an orange.

You know full well that Dale's losses for 2020/21 were due to being made to play during covid without match day income. Rugby League didn't do that.

You know full well that players were sold this season to cover such losses

You know full well that Dale now has a turnover of c£4m pa and will cover its runing costs and the cost of the stadium.

The rugby club has 500 fans. They are ageing and reducing in number every season. They are insufficient in number to sustain the club and has been taken over by 5 named individuals who may, or may not, invest their own money in the club. The rugby club has no assets - unlike Mayfield or the union code clubs in the town. It is in effect a small franchise dependent on others to play games and survive. Quite sad to see the demise to be honest.

It is also sad and abhorrent that the EFL has let potential, unwated, owners of the football club threaten legal action against volunteers. The same people that the EFL said hadn't followed proper process to acquire shares. The fact that you seem to revel in that makes you as bad as they are. Why would a sports fan in the town think in that way. Of course we know why.....

To be fair and balanced (and we are), Rochdale Hornets have yet to post any financial results for the period covered by Covid, namely because their current entity only formed during Covid itself.

They formed that current legal entity in June 2020 and the accounts period runs to November 2021.

It will be interesting to see what they post in a period where we know that ever sporting club of every code posted a loss due to no spectators. If they don't post a loss then they have either had those losses unwritten or traded contrary to every other business across the UK over the last 18 months.

But that's irrelevant to RG's post - as whatever loss or profit they post they are a tenant of the football club who legally own the ground and will continue to own the ground.

However we got to 2022 doesn't matter. Hornets are a tenant at Spotland and nothing more complicated.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Hornets on Sunday on 11:27 - Mar 6 with 2253 viewsR17ALE

Hardly comparable as with respect to Hornets Wigan Warriors are a huge club with serious revenue streams at the elite level and arguably the biggest name in that sport. Athletic are also a different proposition to us with private ownership and considerable wealth now in their boardroom it would seem.

I will concede i wouldn't have a clue about Warriors lease or arrangements though but i do remember well how we acquired the stadium and how the current arrangements were born which got made to enable us to acquire a valuable asset in full and to ensure Hornets have a sustainable and affordable tenancy which has always been public knowledge in Rochdale.

Re the rugby club i am only going off what i read in the local papers and hear from people in the town but you do understand a company conversion right?

It would seem to me the company was taken over and converted from a society (members owned) model into private limited (now owned equally by five businessmen it would seem from companies house records which you kindly direct me to) and i am pretty sure that in these cases all assets and liabilities carry forward so effectively nothing changes legally.

Looks a pretty steady model they now have and I know id rather have five individuals with a few quid owning and running a club than have fans in the boardroom posting £1.2m losses, fighting relegation from the bottom tier of the football league and trying desperately to scratch together funds from Joe pubic to cover legal costs.

"Elite level"

"Private Ownership"

You're not very good at this are you?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hornets on Sunday on 11:47 - Mar 6 with 2203 viewsRochdaleGlory

Hornets on Sunday on 11:27 - Mar 6 by R17ALE

"Elite level"

"Private Ownership"

You're not very good at this are you?

Super League being the “Elite” level of that sport.

Private ownership being not in the hands or ownership of “Supporters”.
Hornets on Sunday on 11:52 - Mar 6 with 2195 viewsJames1980

To what level does the rugby impact on the integrity of the pitch?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Hornets on Sunday on 11:54 - Mar 6 with 2192 viewsTVOS1907

You're also a bit dim, aren't you?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Hornets on Sunday on 11:57 - Mar 6 with 2187 viewsTVOS1907

Hornets on Sunday on 11:52 - Mar 6 by James1980

To what level does the rugby impact on the integrity of the pitch?

Not now, James.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Hornets on Sunday on 11:59 - Mar 6 with 2177 viewsRochdaleGlory

Hornets on Sunday on 11:23 - Mar 6 by RAFCBLUE

To be fair and balanced (and we are), Rochdale Hornets have yet to post any financial results for the period covered by Covid, namely because their current entity only formed during Covid itself.

They formed that current legal entity in June 2020 and the accounts period runs to November 2021.

It will be interesting to see what they post in a period where we know that ever sporting club of every code posted a loss due to no spectators. If they don't post a loss then they have either had those losses unwritten or traded contrary to every other business across the UK over the last 18 months.

But that's irrelevant to RG's post - as whatever loss or profit they post they are a tenant of the football club who legally own the ground and will continue to own the ground.

However we got to 2022 doesn't matter. Hornets are a tenant at Spotland and nothing more complicated.

I’m sure you believe you are fair and balanced.

Putting this thread aside you come across as extremely knowledgable and clearly close to the club or it’s current administration. I personally enjoy reading your posts and admire the way you try to control the narrative with loyalty.

It seems we quite clearly agree and nobody disputes that we own the venue and it’s a landlord and tenant relationship. That in itself comes with responsibilities and long standing commitments and agreements.

I genuinely hope we are not only honouring these agreements but doing so in the spirit they where born which enabled us to acquire ownership in full of the asset.

Best wishes to both clubs and Rochdale sports clubs generally. The town and borough is stronger if we are ALL thriving and not just surviving.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 12:02]
Hornets on Sunday on 12:01 - Mar 6 with 2166 viewsTVOS1907

Hornets on Sunday on 11:59 - Mar 6 by RochdaleGlory

I’m sure you believe you are fair and balanced.

Putting this thread aside you come across as extremely knowledgable and clearly close to the club or it’s current administration. I personally enjoy reading your posts and admire the way you try to control the narrative with loyalty.

It seems we quite clearly agree and nobody disputes that we own the venue and it’s a landlord and tenant relationship. That in itself comes with responsibilities and long standing commitments and agreements.

I genuinely hope we are not only honouring these agreements but doing so in the spirit they where born which enabled us to acquire ownership in full of the asset.

Best wishes to both clubs and Rochdale sports clubs generally. The town and borough is stronger if we are ALL thriving and not just surviving.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 12:02]

Why do you keep trying to peddle that myth at the end, especially given most people in the town don't really care?

Hornets on Sunday on 12:10 - Mar 6 with 2137 viewsRochdaleGlory

Hornets on Sunday on 12:01 - Mar 6 by TVOS1907

Why do you keep trying to peddle that myth at the end, especially given most people in the town don't really care?

Because there are many with brain cells of significant level who understand the importance of a united approach especially when calling on the support of your community.
Hornets on Sunday on 12:14 - Mar 6 with 2130 viewsR17ALE

Hornets on Sunday on 12:10 - Mar 6 by RochdaleGlory

Because there are many with brain cells of significant level who understand the importance of a united approach especially when calling on the support of your community.

There are indeed many with brain cells of a significant level.

Sadly, you're not one of them.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hornets on Sunday on 12:16 - Mar 6 with 2121 viewsTVOS1907

You're right, there are, but it's not really relevant in this instance.

Keep digging...

Hornets on Sunday on 12:41 - Mar 6 with 2057 viewsblackdogblue

Hornets on Sunday on 11:57 - Mar 6 by TVOS1907

Not now, James.

Bit rude that 🤷‍♂️

I have no interest in Rugby and never had. The OP was around what they can/can’t use on match days all of a sudden.

Did they use the scoreboard early in the season for example and what’s changed & yes by the nature of the game extra use of the pitch will damage it as the ball is not played on the floor so a mudbath or sodden pitch is not a problem

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Hornets on Sunday on 12:48 - Mar 6 with 2046 viewsTVOS1907

Hornets on Sunday on 12:41 - Mar 6 by blackdogblue

Bit rude that 🤷‍♂️

I have no interest in Rugby and never had. The OP was around what they can/can’t use on match days all of a sudden.

Did they use the scoreboard early in the season for example and what’s changed & yes by the nature of the game extra use of the pitch will damage it as the ball is not played on the floor so a mudbath or sodden pitch is not a problem

You've missed the point.

The thread has been hijacked by someone with an agenda, which James seemed to have missed, so his comment about the pitch would have been an open goal for the WUM.

I too have no interest in rugby, never have and never will and while the pitch has clearly suffered from it in the past and may well do in the future, it was best kept out of this debate.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 12:50]

Hornets on Sunday on 12:50 - Mar 6 with 2038 viewskel

We’ve moved to the abuse stage so early? Classic troll behaviour this, flower.

Funny though as you thought you were doing well too.
Hornets on Sunday on 12:51 - Mar 6 with 2031 viewsD_Alien

Hornets on Sunday on 12:41 - Mar 6 by blackdogblue

Bit rude that 🤷‍♂️

Not at all rude, just plain speaking as we do in Rochdale

I'll restate, Dale need to be seen to be supportive of their tenants (i don't mean in a financial way, but certainly in terms of morale) during a period when we're asking for both financial and moral support from the football world, and the wider world including administrators of the game and politicians. That includes local politicians, many of whom support Hornets

If Hornets can't pay their way in terms of agreements set out following their reformation a couple of years back, my opinion is that Dale should do all they can to be supportive without incurring any financial disadvantage. That's the minimum i would expect

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hornets on Sunday on 12:59 - Mar 6 with 2001 viewsJames1980

Hornets on Sunday on 11:57 - Mar 6 by TVOS1907

Not now, James.

Is that, not now, as in it no longer does. Or probably best not add that to the mix regarding this thread?

Hornets on Sunday on 13:02 - Mar 6 with 1995 viewsD_Alien

Hornets on Sunday on 12:59 - Mar 6 by James1980

Is that, not now, as in it no longer does. Or probably best not add that to the mix regarding this thread?

Read TVOS's post at 12.48 for your answer

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hornets on Sunday on 13:04 - Mar 6 with 1981 viewsTVOS1907

Hornets on Sunday on 12:59 - Mar 6 by James1980

Yes, the second one.

The first one will become clearer in time.

Hornets on Sunday on 13:14 - Mar 6 with 1961 viewsJames1980

Hornets on Sunday on 13:04 - Mar 6 by TVOS1907

Yes, the second one.

The first one will become clearer in time.

Got it 👍

Hornets on Sunday on 13:24 - Mar 6 with 1945 viewsTVOS1907

Hornets on Sunday on 13:14 - Mar 6 by James1980

Got it 👍

Good to see you yesterday, too, albeit from a distance.

Hornets on Sunday on 13:27 - Mar 6 with 1926 viewsRochdaleGlory

Hornets on Sunday on 12:51 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

Not at all rude, just plain speaking as we do in Rochdale

I'll restate, Dale need to be seen to be supportive of their tenants (i don't mean in a financial way, but certainly in terms of morale) during a period when we're asking for both financial and moral support from the football world, and the wider world including administrators of the game and politicians. That includes local politicians, many of whom support Hornets

If Hornets can't pay their way in terms of agreements set out following their reformation a couple of years back, my opinion is that Dale should do all they can to be supportive without incurring any financial disadvantage. That's the minimum i would expect

All fair comment.

I have heard that Hornets are fully up to date with payments and there are no issues on that score and indeed haven’t been for many years.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 13:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024