Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans forum announced 9/2/23 11:13 - Jan 18 with 3739 viewsDaleiLama

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/01/fans-forum-announced-8/

Another not streamed live. We have a lot of exiles and fans not living close enough to the ground to easily get there for 7pm. Curious as to why another isn't being streamed live. Can't be cost surely?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2023 11:14]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 12:11 - Jan 18 with 3620 viewsHullDale

I believe in the past Zen have been involved in the streaming of forums, so maybe its one they can support with? We're not facing the ongoing legal challenge that prevented the last few from being streamed so I can't see the logic in it not being.

The article states "Chairman Simon Gauge, members of the Board of Directors and manager Jim Bentley will be in attendance to answer questions from supporters"

I really hope that all members of the board will be in attendance - much has been made recently of how each director has responsibility for a certain aspect of the club... if questions or concerns are raised about a certain department then the person ultimately accountable should be there to answer them.
Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 13:51 - Jan 18 with 3439 viewskel

Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 12:11 - Jan 18 by HullDale

I believe in the past Zen have been involved in the streaming of forums, so maybe its one they can support with? We're not facing the ongoing legal challenge that prevented the last few from being streamed so I can't see the logic in it not being.

The article states "Chairman Simon Gauge, members of the Board of Directors and manager Jim Bentley will be in attendance to answer questions from supporters"

I really hope that all members of the board will be in attendance - much has been made recently of how each director has responsibility for a certain aspect of the club... if questions or concerns are raised about a certain department then the person ultimately accountable should be there to answer them.

I wouldn’t mind some of the players being there too to explain why it looks like they can’t be arsed most weeks.
Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 17:25 - Jan 18 with 3160 viewsJames1980

Be good if it is at least recorded and posted on the clubs social media.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 21:50 - Jan 18 with 2923 viewsfinberty

If it was down to me, I wouldn't want it live-streamed either if I thought an overweight, balding middle-aged bloke with a chequered business career was watching on, enjoying our problems whilst stroking his white cat and his ego in equal measure.
Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 22:21 - Jan 18 with 2861 viewsNewbury_Dale

Convenient that the forum is planned for after the transfer window is shut.
Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 22:23 - Jan 18 with 2857 viewsDaleiLama

Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 21:50 - Jan 18 by finberty

If it was down to me, I wouldn't want it live-streamed either if I thought an overweight, balding middle-aged bloke with a chequered business career was watching on, enjoying our problems whilst stroking his white cat and his ego in equal measure.

The only thing a has-been who is currently banned from football might learn, is how to do things properly. It had occurred to me it could be something to do with legal matters still pending - otherwise, why penalise fans and shareholders who can't make it? I don't profess to being an expert on the law of the land though.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 09:50 - Jan 19 with 2624 viewsAtThePeake

Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 22:21 - Jan 18 by Newbury_Dale

Convenient that the forum is planned for after the transfer window is shut.

If the forum was tonight, then you can bet that a good 5 or 6 questions would be along the lines of "who are we signing?" and "why haven't we signed anyone yet?". Questions that the manager wouldn't be able to answer properly and questions that will be answered properly anyway in the next 12 days.

Do you think if we fail to make any more signings during the window that people will forget that 9 days later and those questions won't be asked?

Tangled up in blue.

Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 10:59 - Jan 19 with 2532 viewsJames1980

The former CEO claimed our training ground situation had been why some transfer targets hadn't joined us this is possibly BS, but a it might be worth asking the question. How many players over the last 4 windows have cited our training ground as the deciding factor for not signing?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 14:38 - Jan 19 with 2351 viewsHopwoodblue

Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 09:50 - Jan 19 by AtThePeake

If the forum was tonight, then you can bet that a good 5 or 6 questions would be along the lines of "who are we signing?" and "why haven't we signed anyone yet?". Questions that the manager wouldn't be able to answer properly and questions that will be answered properly anyway in the next 12 days.

Do you think if we fail to make any more signings during the window that people will forget that 9 days later and those questions won't be asked?

I’m sure our chairman must be that the will be a lot of questions regarding players / training facilities. Maybe just maybe he has positive news he can share regarding investment, and that’s why they are happy for a fans forum.
He has just made a statement to the MEN so he must have realised it would raise a lot of questions from the fans.
Fingers crossed things are looking a lot more positive by the 9th of Feb for everyone’s sake or it could get quite awkward for the top table.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 17:04 - Feb 3 with 1890 viewsShun

Having never been to one of these before, can anyone attend or only Trust members? And do you need to book or can you just turn up?
Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 17:36 - Feb 3 with 1785 viewsjudd

Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 17:04 - Feb 3 by Shun

Having never been to one of these before, can anyone attend or only Trust members? And do you need to book or can you just turn up?

Anyone except Southall.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 17:43 - Feb 3 with 1740 viewskel

He could get all his Twitter usernames to attend on his behalf though. We’d definitely need a bigger room.

Don’t think the Michael Jackson wannabe will get her lips through the door however.
Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 17:50 - Feb 3 with 1701 viewsD_Alien

Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 17:43 - Feb 3 by kel

He could get all his Twitter usernames to attend on his behalf though. We’d definitely need a bigger room.

Don’t think the Michael Jackson wannabe will get her lips through the door however.

Which ones?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 17:55 - Feb 3 with 1673 views442Dale

Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 17:04 - Feb 3 by Shun

Anyone can attend. Turn up, find a seat. Moan about the queues for pies.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans forum announced 9/2/23 on 19:01 - Feb 3 with 1574 viewsShun

Thanks guys.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024