Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust meeting with BoD 09:00 - Nov 3 with 25465 viewsIOMDale

Does anybody know how last night went or are we to wait for an update from the Trust? Because let's be honest, it won't be the BoD releasing information in a rush.

UTDNFS

Trust meeting with BoD on 18:19 - Nov 3 with 7402 viewsnordenblue

The wall of silence.....đź‘€
Trust meeting with BoD on 18:31 - Nov 3 with 7390 viewsJames1980

Trust meeting with BoD on 18:19 - Nov 3 by nordenblue

Hopefully no news and all that

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Trust meeting with BoD on 18:44 - Nov 3 with 7356 viewsjudd

The meeting will be covered in the November newsletter to Trust members, hopefully out over the weekend.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trust meeting with BoD on 18:59 - Nov 3 with 7298 views442Dale

Also worth remembering that those on the Trust have their own jobs/lives so we can’t expect something immediately! Especially with the level of detail required in response to questions and reporting back on other issues that will have been on the agenda.

They also said a full report will be available on their website, so all fans will be able to see what was discussed. (Though it was agreed that all monthly newsletters will appear on the website as well)

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust meeting with BoD on 19:08 - Nov 3 with 7277 viewsD_Alien

Trust meeting with BoD on 18:59 - Nov 3 by 442Dale

Also worth remembering that those on the Trust have their own jobs/lives so we can’t expect something immediately! Especially with the level of detail required in response to questions and reporting back on other issues that will have been on the agenda.

They also said a full report will be available on their website, so all fans will be able to see what was discussed. (Though it was agreed that all monthly newsletters will appear on the website as well)

I'd not expect an immediate update, since if the meeting was worth having, the outcome(s) may well require a good deal of thought and perhaps further discussion amongst the Trust Board

In any case, an outline of the discussions might be just the start of a process, not a conclusion

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust meeting with BoD on 19:11 - Nov 3 with 7254 views442Dale

Trust meeting with BoD on 19:08 - Nov 3 by D_Alien

I'd not expect an immediate update, since if the meeting was worth having, the outcome(s) may well require a good deal of thought and perhaps further discussion amongst the Trust Board

In any case, an outline of the discussions might be just the start of a process, not a conclusion

A process that really should have been focused on two years ago (or at numerous times over the years before that) and then maybe we wouldn’t be where we are today.

But you can’t change the past.

Trust meeting with BoD on 18:20 - Nov 5 with 6648 viewsRAFCBLUE

Trust meeting with BoD on 18:19 - Nov 3 by nordenblue

November Trust Newsletter landed earlier today.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Trust meeting with BoD on 18:26 - Nov 5 with 6641 viewsD_Alien

Trust meeting with BoD on 18:20 - Nov 5 by RAFCBLUE

November Trust Newsletter landed earlier today.

Landed...

One might say it's glided onto the runway carrying no passengers or cargo

Login to get fewer ads

Trust meeting with BoD on 19:09 - Nov 5 with 6565 views442Dale

Are we all missing something?

Did the Trust even tell the supporters they represent that a meeting, one which was postponed a week previously (with no explanation as to why) was postponed again to be replaced by a different type of meeting?

And was it ever so hard to have the scheduled meeting as well?

Or at least tell supporters when that meeting will take place or when answers will be made available to those questions? Or is “we will make sure” the new vague phrase of the moment that will do for now?

Also, apologies to those fans on here who rightly raised concerns about sending in questions and asking for written responses ahead of a meeting - if there is no follow-up to those responses in a proper meeting, it’s a suggestion that I wish hadn’t been made. Truly hope that we avoid such a scenario.

Trust meeting with BoD on 19:15 - Nov 5 with 6554 viewsTrev

Nowt received here, though it doesn't sound like I'm missing much...
Trust meeting with BoD on 19:54 - Nov 5 with 6461 viewsD_Alien

Trust meeting with BoD on 19:09 - Nov 5 by 442Dale

Are we all missing something?

Did the Trust even tell the supporters they represent that a meeting, one which was postponed a week previously (with no explanation as to why) was postponed again to be replaced by a different type of meeting?

And was it ever so hard to have the scheduled meeting as well?

Or at least tell supporters when that meeting will take place or when answers will be made available to those questions? Or is “we will make sure” the new vague phrase of the moment that will do for now?

Also, apologies to those fans on here who rightly raised concerns about sending in questions and asking for written responses ahead of a meeting - if there is no follow-up to those responses in a proper meeting, it’s a suggestion that I wish hadn’t been made. Truly hope that we avoid such a scenario.

Just to add to: i contacted the Trust through it's official email channels about matters pertaining to the "scheduled" meeting

I've not had the courtesy of a reply

Conclusions will be drawn

Trust meeting with BoD on 20:09 - Nov 5 with 6380 viewsblackdogblue

Trust meeting with BoD on 19:15 - Nov 5 by Trev

Nowt received here, though it doesn't sound like I'm missing much...

Item 6. Resignation of Board Members
Item 7. Election of Board Members for 2023/2024
Item 8. Re-election of existing Directors

Am I missing something from the email 🤷‍♂️

Who’s resigning 🤷‍♂️ & where is the challenge for people who may want to be Board Members or Directors 🤔?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Trust meeting with BoD on 20:33 - Nov 5 with 6318 viewsRodingdale

Trust meeting with BoD on 18:44 - Nov 3 by judd

The meeting will be covered in the November newsletter to Trust members, hopefully out over the weekend.

Well. The Trust leadership is now and truly out on a limb from its membership, completely under the spell of Gauge. They are taking people for fools.
Trust meeting with BoD on 20:47 - Nov 5 with 6285 viewsjudd

Trust meeting with BoD on 20:33 - Nov 5 by Rodingdale

Well. The Trust leadership is now and truly out on a limb from its membership, completely under the spell of Gauge. They are taking people for fools.

I think a few more facts need to come out surrounding the decision to change the nature of the meeting, but I do very much take your point.

Trust meeting with BoD on 20:57 - Nov 5 with 6244 viewsD_Alien

Trust meeting with BoD on 20:47 - Nov 5 by judd

I think a few more facts need to come out surrounding the decision to change the nature of the meeting, but I do very much take your point.

Noted

The list of those standing for re-election to the Trust board is also noted

Trust meeting with BoD on 20:58 - Nov 5 with 6240 viewsRodingdale

So where do we get these facts? The leadership of the Trust is skating on thin ice here. It is elected to represent its members. That newsletter is a Board mouthpiece, a board which the trust should be holding to account not acquiescent of.
Trust meeting with BoD on 21:06 - Nov 5 with 6201 views442Dale

All we were informed about the original meeting date being changed was as follows:

In this newsletter it states:
“Having been originally rearranged due to the unavailability of Club Directors…”

A meeting that was arranged in June with “Club Board/Staff Reps”.
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/06/fan-engagement-programme-for-23-24/

No mention of the “Staff Reps” in the spectacularly detailed reasons in the newsletter. Reasons that we weren’t actually informed about in the original tweet.

Some may think this is being picky. Some may recall how history works.

Trust meeting with BoD on 21:20 - Nov 5 with 6148 viewsjudd

Trust meeting with BoD on 20:58 - Nov 5 by Rodingdale

So where do we get these facts? The leadership of the Trust is skating on thin ice here. It is elected to represent its members. That newsletter is a Board mouthpiece, a board which the trust should be holding to account not acquiescent of.

There is a trust board meeting tomorrow.

Trust meeting with BoD on 21:22 - Nov 5 with 6137 viewsD_Alien

My conclusion is that the Trust has been threatened by the BoD, or "nobbled"

It may well be that the Trust board take the view that having an ability to question prospective investors is worth more than being independent

It's a moot point. If i'd had a response from them to that effect i'd have disagreed, but at least i'd have respected it

Here's why i'd have disagreed. Two years ago, the newly-formed BoD came out with the "fan-led" schtick. They were fans, after all... and we all fell for it

What's to prevent the Trust reps being taken in, in exactly the same way? It could be that the BoD were sincere at the time, just as it could well be that new investors might be sincere... but then events take over

The bottom line is this: unless we have a truly independent Trust to represent its members, we've got F*ck All. This newsletter indicates precisely that... F*ck All

Edit: just seen judd's post. Will await news from that
[Post edited 5 Nov 2023 21:27]

Trust meeting with BoD on 21:30 - Nov 5 with 6078 views442Dale

Trust meeting with BoD on 21:20 - Nov 5 by judd

There is a trust board meeting tomorrow.

It’s hoped that a full report of that meeting is made available to members.

It might be worth some reading what was agreed after the fans meetings six months ago:
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/05/action-plan-on-trust-feedback/

“The pressure is (rightly) now on us to deliver on that and make the changes required.”

Trust meeting with BoD on 21:34 - Nov 5 with 6061 views49thseason

I suspect the Trust is at a major crossroads, clearly having a Board member isn't achieving what many thought it would do. Having a foot in both camps is neither comfortable nor effective I personally think Murray would be better off helping to guide the Trust using the knowledge he now has into the machinations of the Board.
If the Board are so difficult to tie down and evasive then it might be time to rip the plaster off and become a totally independent supporters organisation with the stated aim of helping the Club to make better decisions off the pitch and raising money to invest in the club as shareholders. Put simply the more the Trust raises, the more influence it will have over how the club operates.
Trust meeting with BoD on 21:37 - Nov 5 with 6048 viewsRodingdale

Trust meeting with BoD on 21:30 - Nov 5 by 442Dale

It’s hoped that a full report of that meeting is made available to members.

It might be worth some reading what was agreed after the fans meetings six months ago:
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/05/action-plan-on-trust-feedback/

“The pressure is (rightly) now on us to deliver on that and make the changes required.”

Thanks for sharing this as a reminder, but how depressing to see how little progress since.

Looking forward to a report back on tomorrow’s meeting? I won’t be holding my breath.
Trust meeting with BoD on 21:43 - Nov 5 with 6021 views442Dale

Trust meeting with BoD on 21:37 - Nov 5 by Rodingdale

Thanks for sharing this as a reminder, but how depressing to see how little progress since.

Looking forward to a report back on tomorrow’s meeting? I won’t be holding my breath.

Depressing? True.

Unsurprising: Definitely.

Trust meeting with BoD on 22:03 - Nov 5 with 5949 viewsRAFCBLUE

Trust meeting with BoD on 20:09 - Nov 5 by blackdogblue

Item 6. Resignation of Board Members
Item 7. Election of Board Members for 2023/2024
Item 8. Re-election of existing Directors

Am I missing something from the email 🤷‍♂️

Who’s resigning 🤷‍♂️ & where is the challenge for people who may want to be Board Members or Directors 🤔?

Presumably a proxy form too for those unable to make the meeting on the 18th November?

The Trust membership is c. 30% exiles.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Trust meeting with BoD on 22:06 - Nov 5 with 5940 viewsjudd

Trust meeting with BoD on 22:03 - Nov 5 by RAFCBLUE

Presumably a proxy form too for those unable to make the meeting on the 18th November?

The Trust membership is c. 30% exiles.

Good point. Will raise that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024