Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oduroh Returns to Derby 13:03 - Jan 10 with 8023 viewsscooby

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/january/odurohreturnsderby_jan24/
Oduroh Returns to Derby on 13:18 - Jan 10 with 5684 views100notout

Was this the expiry of his loan period or has he been recalled?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 13:21 - Jan 10 with 5680 viewsCockneyDale

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 13:18 - Jan 10 by 100notout

Or have we said we simply can't afford the loan anymore?
Oduroh Returns to Derby on 13:26 - Jan 10 with 5635 viewsSuddenLad

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 13:21 - Jan 10 by CockneyDale

In preference to another loan player, maybe.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Oduroh Returns to Derby (n/t) on 13:27 - Jan 10 with 5634 viewslyberoc

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 13:27 - Jan 10 with 5634 viewsChaffRAFC

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 13:21 - Jan 10 by CockneyDale

If we couldn't afford the loan, we wouldn't have signed Gordon last week.

This has to free up space for someone else to come in surely?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 13:28 - Jan 10 with 5624 viewslyberoc

It was a season long loan
Oduroh Returns to Derby on 13:30 - Jan 10 with 5610 viewsTVOS1907

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 13:27 - Jan 10 by ChaffRAFC

If we couldn't afford the loan, we wouldn't have signed Gordon last week.

This has to free up space for someone else to come in surely?

Also, Ferguson is now back in the mix, so we've arguably got three players who can play at right-back.

I doubt Oduroh would have figured much moving forward and McNulty clearly favours Gordon, given he started him on Saturday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 13:31 - Jan 10 with 5611 viewsfermin

We took the option to end the loan according to Derby:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2024/01/oduroh-returns-to-derby-after-rochdale-loan-
Login to get fewer ads

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 13:34 - Jan 10 with 5579 viewsBrierls

Lets not dress this up as something it's not...he's gone back because he's not quite good enough.

Is money a factor? Yes, because we can't be wasting budget on a loan player who isn't a regular in the starting XI.

I like that Jim has a ruthless streak. He's not letting his heart rule his head.
Oduroh Returns to Derby on 13:35 - Jan 10 with 5575 views100notout

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 13:31 - Jan 10 by fermin

We took the option to end the loan according to Derby:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2024/01/oduroh-returns-to-derby-after-rochdale-loan-

Ok thanks.

Personally i didn’t rate oduroh and i think with a limited pot of cash we can hopefully get someone else in for a different position

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 17:34 - Jan 10 with 4884 viewsdavidab2202

In view of the "glowing " comments on the official site made about the lad, my take is that it is felt that we have sufficient cover at full back amongst our own contracted players and his return will free up a position for a loan signing without over stretching the budget.
As we are somewhat light up front due to the injury situation perhaps that is one position to be considered or as JIm has allegedly registered as a player to cover whilst a new signing is brought in perhaps that is seen as a priority
Oduroh Returns to Derby on 18:04 - Jan 10 with 4781 viewsJames1980

Incredibly far fetched but Liverpool's James Balagizi who was on loan at Wigan has recently been recalled.

He is listed as a 'forward'
[Post edited 10 Jan 18:08]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 18:05 - Jan 10 with 4777 viewssamueloneils

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 17:34 - Jan 10 by davidab2202

In view of the "glowing " comments on the official site made about the lad, my take is that it is felt that we have sufficient cover at full back amongst our own contracted players and his return will free up a position for a loan signing without over stretching the budget.
As we are somewhat light up front due to the injury situation perhaps that is one position to be considered or as JIm has allegedly registered as a player to cover whilst a new signing is brought in perhaps that is seen as a priority

To say "we are somewhat light up front" is putting it mildly.

We have played since August with only one out and out striker available and since November with none available. I doubt any club in this league has landed in this predicament Yet we are still holding our own, and Hendo and the wide players have done a remarkable job to keep us there.

But surely now a striker on loan is essential. Hendo is honest enough to admit he is feeling the pressure. Surely sone young blood is available somewhere,
Oduroh Returns to Derby on 18:12 - Jan 10 with 4733 viewsJames1980

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 18:05 - Jan 10 by samueloneils

To say "we are somewhat light up front" is putting it mildly.

We have played since August with only one out and out striker available and since November with none available. I doubt any club in this league has landed in this predicament Yet we are still holding our own, and Hendo and the wide players have done a remarkable job to keep us there.

But surely now a striker on loan is essential. Hendo is honest enough to admit he is feeling the pressure. Surely sone young blood is available somewhere,

See my daft suggestion. Surely Klopp will see what a good job McNulty is doing and want a youth player of his exposed to 'Total Options Football' TM

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 18:19 - Jan 10 with 4695 viewsBrierls

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 18:04 - Jan 10 by James1980

Incredibly far fetched but Liverpool's James Balagizi who was on loan at Wigan has recently been recalled.

He is listed as a 'forward'
[Post edited 10 Jan 18:08]

This guy?

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/12/liverpool-midfielder-suffers-new-long-term
Oduroh Returns to Derby on 18:26 - Jan 10 with 4661 viewsJames1980

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 18:19 - Jan 10 by Brierls

This guy?

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/12/liverpool-midfielder-suffers-new-long-term

I believe the term is, do your own research, which I clearly failed to do, again! 🤦

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 18:29 - Jan 10 with 4637 viewsDrigdale

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 17:34 - Jan 10 by davidab2202

Probably not as much cover as we think because Finlay Armstrong is only on loan until the Wealdstone game.
Oduroh Returns to Derby on 18:32 - Jan 10 with 4623 viewssamueloneils

As you say Armstrong only here this month which leaves only Moulden as a loan player I believe.

Times are hard, but could get harder if we run out of forwards altogether.
Oduroh Returns to Derby on 18:46 - Jan 10 with 4577 viewsNorthernDale

On the Derby website, it says Rochdale took the decision to terminate his loan, so until McNulty explains his reasoning behind his decision to terminate the loan, when we are so short on numbers, we can only speculate.

Another daft suggestions, Danny Lloyd is available, after being released by Livingston or hopefully we might get Hayes back (yes this may be wishful thinking).

I will imagine Armstrong loan will be extended to give him game time.
Oduroh Returns to Derby on 18:59 - Jan 10 with 4525 viewsEllDale

It’s anybodies guess as to the state of the squad by the end of the month.
There could well be outgoings if anyone put in a reasonable bid for any of the current players.
I’m sure BJ has all options covered.
Oduroh Returns to Derby on 19:06 - Jan 10 with 4492 viewsnordenblue

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 18:46 - Jan 10 by NorthernDale

On the Derby website, it says Rochdale took the decision to terminate his loan, so until McNulty explains his reasoning behind his decision to terminate the loan, when we are so short on numbers, we can only speculate.

Another daft suggestions, Danny Lloyd is available, after being released by Livingston or hopefully we might get Hayes back (yes this may be wishful thinking).

Jim has clearly taken this decision while in possession of all the facts, the way he's conducted himself and the team in general I'd be inclined to trust him implicitly that its in the best interests of the club.
Oduroh Returns to Derby on 19:30 - Jan 10 with 4441 views442Dale

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 19:06 - Jan 10 by nordenblue

Jim has clearly taken this decision while in possession of all the facts, the way he's conducted himself and the team in general I'd be inclined to trust him implicitly that its in the best interests of the club.

Agreed. He’s got enough credit in the bank to do what he thinks is best. He’s seeing the players every day.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 19:39 - Jan 10 with 4409 viewsNewbury_Dale

Cian Hayes didn't make the Fleetwood squad at all at weekend. don't believe he's injured either. Maybe he could be enticed away ?
Oduroh Returns to Derby on 19:39 - Jan 10 with 4408 viewsTVOS1907

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 18:29 - Jan 10 by Drigdale

Probably not as much cover as we think because Finlay Armstrong is only on loan until the Wealdstone game.

He's a left-back. As already posted, we have Gordon, Ferguson and Keohane who can play at right-back.

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 19:41 - Jan 10 with 4402 viewsTVOS1907

Oduroh Returns to Derby on 18:46 - Jan 10 by NorthernDale

McNulty's reasoning will be that we don't need to be paying a loan player as one of four players who can play at right-back!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024