Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ogden Family 14:07 - Mar 25 with 24536 viewsHorton_Mouse

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/march/clubstatement_250324/
The Ogden Family on 19:41 - Mar 25 with 3828 viewsleicesterdale

This sounds extremely promising.

We must show Sir Peter Ogden and family how we, as supporters, are worthy of his time and energy. I am confident that through the Trust we shall be able to do just that.

Up the Dale!
The Ogden Family on 19:43 - Mar 25 with 3813 viewsDalliance

Great news...

Very obscure tangent but 'Physics in football' isn't a terrible project idea. How forces work in relation to stadium construction/ ball speed and travel and what not. Could be like Eureka! with little physics demonstrators around the stadium for education/learning purposes for schools.

Anyway enough of that.
The Ogden Family on 19:58 - Mar 25 with 3656 viewspioneer

The Ogden Family on 15:59 - Mar 25 by Down_the_Ale

Excellent news on the face of it. Should stabilise us at least initially, allowing for better decision making and some sort of reset. Hopefully changes at the top from within are high on the agenda as the club needs to be run right going forwards. Fingers crossed. It's brightening up (Carling advert style)!!!

Absolutely. Owners whose interests are not dominated by getting their money back but instead on investing in a community asset. And its not just a slogan…he already ‘walks the walk’ with his other community investments.

The last thing we need is for this new direction being hampered by old thinking.

At last something to feel good about.
The Ogden Family on 20:04 - Mar 25 with 3613 viewsdownunder

A bit of a parallel with the guy in Oldham, and they quickly improved.
Business success, philanthropist, local, and scientific, all positives for me.
I wonder what influence W A E March, Owen Elbourne, and "Bull" Ramsey had on him?
The Ogden Family on 20:13 - Mar 25 with 3537 viewsjudd

New song

Wilson Cloud Chambers we are here, woh ho, woh ho,
understand particle activity and rob your beer, woh ho woh ho
E=MC2

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Ogden Family on 20:32 - Mar 25 with 3362 viewsDorkingDale

The Ogden Family on 17:44 - Mar 25 by sxdale

I would rather someone who has clearly proved he has a high degree of business acumen employed his own people to take care of at least the commercial aspect of the club. The current board do not fill me with confidence if they were given money to spend as they wish.
This does appear to be great news, full credit to all those involved in the negotiations, and I include the board in that. Credit where it's due.

I doubt very much that Simon will want to continue - he must be completely worn out with the pressure of his tenure.
The Ogden Family on 20:36 - Mar 25 with 3334 viewsDorkingDale

The Ogden Family on 20:13 - Mar 25 by judd

New song

Wilson Cloud Chambers we are here, woh ho, woh ho,
understand particle activity and rob your beer, woh ho woh ho
E=MC2

I prefer your earlier suggestion of "Oggy Oggy Oggy Oi Oi OI"
The Ogden Family on 20:37 - Mar 25 with 3328 viewsBigKindo

The Ogden Family on 20:04 - Mar 25 by downunder

I wonder what influence W A E March, Owen Elbourne, and "Bull" Ramsey had on him?

You another Old Boy from RGSB? Fond memories if Bull.
Login to get fewer ads

The Ogden Family on 20:37 - Mar 25 with 3328 viewsJames1980

Regarding changes at boardroom level, what if the current board were a key part of getting The Ogden's onboard?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

The Ogden Family on 20:46 - Mar 25 with 3250 viewspioneer

The Ogden Family on 20:04 - Mar 25 by downunder

OMG as they say. Ghosts from the past. Great characters and great teachers. I arrived after March had retired but I did come under the influence of the other two (as well as Reg Long in a non science way)
The Ogden Family on 20:46 - Mar 25 with 3247 viewsdiplodocus

The Ogden Family on 19:58 - Mar 25 by pioneer

Absolutely. Owners whose interests are not dominated by getting their money back but instead on investing in a community asset. And its not just a slogan…he already ‘walks the walk’ with his other community investments.

The last thing we need is for this new direction being hampered by old thinking.

At last something to feel good about.

RAFC as a community asset seemed to me to be the main point, rather than getting the team as high up the pyramid as possible. which is the right attitude. with all this 'sustainability' talk going on with the Prem, efl etc, the Ogdens may be coming in just the right time, being at the forefront of creating a sustainable model. its still early doors, and there's a chance their could be dark horses in the wings, hope not and good luck to the Ogdens once again. UTD (up the dale).
The Ogden Family on 20:48 - Mar 25 with 3226 viewsD_Alien

The Ogden Family on 20:37 - Mar 25 by James1980

Regarding changes at boardroom level, what if the current board were a key part of getting The Ogden's onboard?

Nevertheless James, knowing when to depart the scene is an artform that should be employed when having achieved an objective

Nobody would want to be recast as Ogden's Nut Gone Flake

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Ogden Family on 20:49 - Mar 25 with 3225 viewsSilverDale

The Ogden Family on 20:37 - Mar 25 by BigKindo

You another Old Boy from RGSB? Fond memories if Bull.

Suspect there are a lot of ex Balderstone boys from that era, who have always and still support the Dale, and would rather have played Soccer than Rugby on a Wednesday afternoon.
The Ogden Family on 20:50 - Mar 25 with 3212 viewsjudd

The Ogden Family on 20:49 - Mar 25 by SilverDale

Suspect there are a lot of ex Balderstone boys from that era, who have always and still support the Dale, and would rather have played Soccer than Rugby on a Wednesday afternoon.

Football.

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Ogden Family on 20:53 - Mar 25 with 3185 views49thseason

I think you can thank the Trust for that James...
The Ogden Family on 20:55 - Mar 25 with 3168 views442Dale

Whatever happens has to be the best thing for the football club and with the right people in the right positions who can take the club forward.

Everyone involved should be able to recognise that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Ogden Family on 20:56 - Mar 25 with 3162 views49thseason

The Ogden Family on 20:49 - Mar 25 by SilverDale

Count me in ...... last of the 11 plus intake in 1964, and then taught there for 5 years 74-79
The Ogden Family on 21:28 - Mar 25 with 2920 viewsCockneyDale

"One Peter Ogden, there's only one Peter Ogden....."

Great news!
The Ogden Family on 21:59 - Mar 25 with 2724 viewsBrierls

The Ogden Family on 21:28 - Mar 25 by CockneyDale

"One Peter Ogden, there's only one Peter Ogden....."

Great news!

“…and Family”
The Ogden Family on 22:10 - Mar 25 with 2651 viewsdingdangblue

They were key - they nearly sent us bust.

Its a great day and hopefully the start of something big for the town. Loads of towns and cities up and down the country have their football team as a massive part of their community - just hope we can turn this town around. I've always looked back at our 2 greatest days recently when we were promoted twice upto league 1 and our stadium was still only half full - that is shocking when you look at other teams who enjoy success at our level. Hopefully advertising what weve got to offer around the town is high on the agenda too.
Up the Dale.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The Ogden Family on 23:41 - Mar 25 with 2327 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Looking good at Dale at last!!

Just hope we can all get this one up and running.......by heck, this Club really needs some good news and this looks promising. And intellect at the top too, who'd have thought it?

Keep praying guys.
The Ogden Family on 02:19 - Mar 26 with 2184 viewsdownunder

Yeah..nah is my answer. I went there the year they changed the name, just had one year under W E A March, and then Wardell came in and it went downhill fast, despite McClelland's efforts.
If the Ogden's do come on board, I would not be against naming a stand after them after their coronation...The Stand Ogden seems to have a familiar ring to it.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2:27]
The Ogden Family on 06:44 - Mar 26 with 1960 viewsrochedale

The Ogden Family on 02:19 - Mar 26 by downunder

Yeah..nah is my answer. I went there the year they changed the name, just had one year under W E A March, and then Wardell came in and it went downhill fast, despite McClelland's efforts.
If the Ogden's do come on board, I would not be against naming a stand after them after their coronation...The Stand Ogden seems to have a familiar ring to it.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2:27]

Shame the grassy mound next to the Pearl St known as the Spion Kop isn’t still there, could’ve called it the ‘Hill da Ogden’!
[Post edited 26 Mar 6:51]

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

The Ogden Family on 07:15 - Mar 26 with 1876 viewsD_Alien

Just when you need a successful Theoretical Physicist and businessman to rescue Dale, two come along

Oh, wait...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Ogden Family on 08:19 - Mar 26 with 1664 viewsRobPHolmes

On the face of it far more preferable than American investors that would enviitably have demanded some sort of return on investment.
I’m not too bothered about someone throwing money at it, I just want us to get back to where we where……..sustainable……..a good community football club, well run, that pays its bills and develops players, and it’s around for another 100 years for other generations to enjoy the highs and lows that we have.
[Post edited 26 Mar 8:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024