Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Better side won 17:46 - Mar 17 with 8379 viewsBIffoBiffoBiffo

We were crap in that second half. 2nd to every ball.

You brought the pressure on yourselves by backing off, but that what sides in a relegation scrap do. Latics have been in enough for me to know.

The penalty was a correct decision, should have been a red too - but still cant beliece we didnt get one for an obvious handball in the first half.

Beat of luck for the season.
Better side won on 17:51 - Mar 17 with 4706 viewsLaticsMan

How they were bottom pre match I don't know. Were crap, diamonds out for 6 weeks, tarky is suspended. Only have mvoto.

Enough whining

Have a good beer daleys, you deserve it.

Michael symes... Just woah!
Better side won on 17:53 - Mar 17 with 4671 viewsluckystrike

Better side won on 17:51 - Mar 17 by LaticsMan

How they were bottom pre match I don't know. Were crap, diamonds out for 6 weeks, tarky is suspended. Only have mvoto.

Enough whining

Have a good beer daleys, you deserve it.

Michael symes... Just woah!

Thanx, good luck to u guys. I just hope we get to play u in the league next season!!
Better side won on 17:56 - Mar 17 with 4641 viewsBIffoBiffoBiffo

Better side won on 17:53 - Mar 17 by luckystrike

Thanx, good luck to u guys. I just hope we get to play u in the league next season!!

You might not want to if we go down...

Better side won on 17:57 - Mar 17 with 4608 viewsDaley_Lama

Ditto cheers.

The Oldham keeper made two saves today that were simply outstanding, as equally as good a Kuqi's goal in a completely different way.

I think the "why wasn't it a red?" question will be less hotly debated given the result.

It'd be nice to see the JLAA 'handball' as well, hard to tell from the far end, had it been allowed it would have been a cracking goal too.

Poll: DF in or out

Better side won on 18:00 - Mar 17 with 4585 viewsBIffoBiffoBiffo

Better side won on 17:57 - Mar 17 by Daley_Lama

Ditto cheers.

The Oldham keeper made two saves today that were simply outstanding, as equally as good a Kuqi's goal in a completely different way.

I think the "why wasn't it a red?" question will be less hotly debated given the result.

It'd be nice to see the JLAA 'handball' as well, hard to tell from the far end, had it been allowed it would have been a cracking goal too.

Cisak - our keeper was getting some right stick from our fans near me.

I was at that end. i thought it was dissallowed for lee getting cleaned out off the ball (maybe by jones?)
Better side won on 18:02 - Mar 17 with 4565 viewsDaley_Lama

The ref seemed to indicate handball, when JLAA first got the ball it was one of those chest control/arm ones which are always hard to tell.

The shove on Darby for your disallowed goal was one of those that again, the ref could have ignored.

Fine lines etc.

Poll: DF in or out

Better side won on 18:14 - Mar 17 with 4474 viewsBigKindo

The liner gave the decision.
Better side won on 18:19 - Mar 17 with 4442 viewsYouTubeDale

Symes was immense today. I thought his first goal was going to bounce off the post and not go in such is our luck these days. Cool head for his second. And sub-zero degrees C head for the pen hatrick. I wanted him to take it, not for his hatrick but I felt more confident than Jonah taking it. Thanks to Jonah for letting him.

But much, much more than that "mere" hatrick, he won nearly every header and was able to direct the ball into the path of his partner whether that was Grimes, JLAA , Obe one, etc,etc.etc. This tactic nearly paid dividends on numerous occasions. Then he tried to copy JK/Tutte with his football skills weaving in and out of Oldham players.

Pure poetry in motion.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Login to get fewer ads

Better side won on 18:24 - Mar 17 with 4409 viewsTalkingSutty

Better side won on 17:57 - Mar 17 by Daley_Lama

Ditto cheers.

The save from JK in the first half was out of this world. It was right in the top corner and was the best save i have seen at Spotland in a long time, Kennedy couldnt believe he kept it out.

A cracking old fashioned derby and Oldham played their full part in it. The ref was a prat !!
Better side won on 18:54 - Mar 17 with 4297 viewsYouTubeDale

On DalePlayer Symes has just said that today was his first hatrick.

He reckons we have got more than enough about us to survive the drop.

Well done.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Better side won on 19:00 - Mar 17 with 4252 viewsfrenzied

its great that our forwards are finding the net at the right time...Grimes Tutte and Symes expect some high scoring games in the next month or so ...Colemans doing a great job getting these
lads fired up from the first minuteand manages to get a response out of them when needed ..something that Eyre never could once we were behind i could never see us coming back

Roll on tues...again an attacking line up required

Any news on Amankwaah ?
Better side won on 19:04 - Mar 17 with 4229 viewsMoonyDale

Better side won on 19:00 - Mar 17 by frenzied

its great that our forwards are finding the net at the right time...Grimes Tutte and Symes expect some high scoring games in the next month or so ...Colemans doing a great job getting these
lads fired up from the first minuteand manages to get a response out of them when needed ..something that Eyre never could once we were behind i could never see us coming back

Any news on Amankwaah ?

He should be ready for a return any day we heard before the game.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Better side won on 19:07 - Mar 17 with 4211 viewssweetcorn

Better side won on 19:00 - Mar 17 by frenzied

Any news on Amankwaah ?

Think Symes had a pretty poor first half to be fair, rarely won a header and did little after his goal.

Second half however he came out a different player, won every header, showed strength, good touches and most of all, he ran for the cause. If he can offer that every week then sign him up please.

As for Odebayi, think he did ok, offers a threat with his pace, power and skill and to be fair is probably what we need, his final ball and decision making was a little irratic, but did more than enough to deserve a well done.

Hopefully we can build on this now and it doesn't look as bleak anymore and this time next week we could be out of the bottom 4 for the first time in an age..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Better side won on 19:09 - Mar 17 with 4188 viewsMoonyDale

Better side won on 19:07 - Mar 17 by sweetcorn

Think Symes had a pretty poor first half to be fair, rarely won a header and did little after his goal.

Second half however he came out a different player, won every header, showed strength, good touches and most of all, he ran for the cause. If he can offer that every week then sign him up please.

As for Odebayi, think he did ok, offers a threat with his pace, power and skill and to be fair is probably what we need, his final ball and decision making was a little irratic, but did more than enough to deserve a well done.

Hopefully we can build on this now and it doesn't look as bleak anymore and this time next week we could be out of the bottom 4 for the first time in an age..

A win on Tuesday and at least we will be in with a shout of escaping, same again please JC...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Better side won on 19:13 - Mar 17 with 4163 viewsSpeedy

Better side won on 19:07 - Mar 17 by sweetcorn

Fair appraisal of Obadeyi, unfortunately many of our fans have condemned him before he even took the field. I've no doubt he'll improve game on game, he was unlucky not to score in the first half after his shot took a deflection to go out for a corner.

Symes was ace but Tutte and Darby were head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch.
Better side won on 19:14 - Mar 17 with 4149 viewsRalphs12

Better side won on 19:13 - Mar 17 by Speedy

Fair appraisal of Obadeyi, unfortunately many of our fans have condemned him before he even took the field. I've no doubt he'll improve game on game, he was unlucky not to score in the first half after his shot took a deflection to go out for a corner.

Symes was ace but Tutte and Darby were head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch.

Agreed, thought Darby had a really solid game.
Better side won on 19:15 - Mar 17 with 4139 viewsRalphs12

Better side won on 19:13 - Mar 17 by Speedy

Agreed, thought Darby had a really solid game.

Obadeyi looks short of confidence, was a good cut back for the Tutte strike that was wonderfully saved.
Better side won on 19:15 - Mar 17 with 4135 viewsColDale

Obviously it wasn't the perfect performance by Obadeyi, but he was involved, and we've seen many a player over the years come in and then simply see the game pass them by. He was always involved.
Better side won on 19:23 - Mar 17 with 4080 viewsTalkingSutty

Better side won on 19:15 - Mar 17 by ColDale

Obviously it wasn't the perfect performance by Obadeyi, but he was involved, and we've seen many a player over the years come in and then simply see the game pass them by. He was always involved.

Obadeyi doesnt have a bloody clue what he his doing half the time, very funny to watch. That isnt a criticism by the way, if he doesnt know what he is up to the opposition dont have a cat in hells chance of planning for him.

He brings us much needed pace up front and will probably be a decent signing in all fairness. He wants to ditch the gloves though, the soft bugger!!
Better side won on 19:24 - Mar 17 with 4069 viewsRalphs12

Better side won on 19:23 - Mar 17 by TalkingSutty

Obadeyi doesnt have a bloody clue what he his doing half the time, very funny to watch. That isnt a criticism by the way, if he doesnt know what he is up to the opposition dont have a cat in hells chance of planning for him.

He brings us much needed pace up front and will probably be a decent signing in all fairness. He wants to ditch the gloves though, the soft bugger!!

JLAA and Topes up top would be a sight, unpredictable in the extreme
Better side won on 19:25 - Mar 17 with 4059 viewsdannyuk

Better side won on 19:15 - Mar 17 by ColDale

Needs to work on passing while running, so many times he just runs into a player or out of play. Almost scored a cracking goal second half.
Better side won on 19:26 - Mar 17 with 4055 viewsTalkingSutty

Better side won on 19:24 - Mar 17 by Ralphs12

JLAA and Topes up top would be a sight, unpredictable in the extreme

Chucklebrothers springs to mind !!
Better side won on 19:38 - Mar 17 with 3986 viewsShun

Better side won on 18:24 - Mar 17 by TalkingSutty

The save from JK in the first half was out of this world. It was right in the top corner and was the best save i have seen at Spotland in a long time, Kennedy couldnt believe he kept it out.

A cracking old fashioned derby and Oldham played their full part in it. The ref was a prat !!

I was thinking more of the close-range save at the Sandy Lane from Tutte. Fantastic reactions!

It's no surprise that as soon as we turn to 4-4-2 we see the best out of Symes. If we stick with 4-4-2, the partnership of Symes and Grimes will be full of goals.
Better side won on 19:43 - Mar 17 with 3961 viewspedrodale

Timmytiptoes was'nt convincing at all for first 15/20 mins to say the least however he played much better and more involved when he switched to the right
Better side won on 19:47 - Mar 17 with 3930 viewsSandyman

Thought Odebayi was lightweight and some of his ball control was poor today, but did some sublime moves to set up Tutte for a well saved shot in the second half. Symes was a revelation today - lets hope he keeps that sort of performance (and us!) up. Great goals and delighted for him. Tutte, Darby and JK worked very hard and kept us competing all game. Everyone else put a shift in (against 14!) and we got the rewards.
Credit to John Coleman for getting that sort of skill and commitment out of the players.
If we had stuck with Eyre, the fat lady would be singing Encores now...

(Also, most amusing to see the Sandy Laners get into Harry Bunn's head today first half - some of the songs he got cracked him judging by the looks on his face and his general inefficacy. Heh)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024