Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People who support 2 teams... 21:05 - Nov 28 with 4660 viewsdale_spotland

Just wondering who out of the posters on here have a 2nd or "big" team who they also support? and why? Always been curious as to the reasons people have for supporting 2 teams.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

People who support 2 teams... on 21:19 - Nov 28 with 2873 viewsThe_DJ

Purple Chaff ?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
People who support 2 teams... on 21:23 - Nov 28 with 2851 viewsRalphs12

Since I was in about year 4 Ive supported Ajax as a second team. My dad got me an Ajax bag for school and from there I took an interest. Helps now that I work for a dutch company!

I also look out for Reading/Evertons/Ipswich results - Reading I have no clue why, just really like them as a team. Everton, again not sure really like the way they dont always splash the cash and I like David Moyes. Ipswich, the first team I ever played on champ man, I also loved Finidi George simply for his name.
People who support 2 teams... on 21:49 - Nov 28 with 2824 viewsFrog

Dale is my big team, my other team is Berwick Rangers.
People who support 2 teams... on 21:55 - Nov 28 with 2808 viewsVespa

I support two football teams.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

People who support 2 teams... on 21:55 - Nov 28 with 2807 viewsDySporting

Norwich a season ticket for 15 years and dale

I look out for kings lynn town results as well but have never seen them play despite passing their ground hundreds of times
People who support 2 teams... on 21:56 - Nov 28 with 2805 viewsolympicdale

My first team is Rochdale, as its my local team, have done since I was about 12/13. In England I have Ipswich as my second team, ever since they defied the odds and got into europe their 2nd year in the Premierleague bout 10 or so years ago, liked the way they played, thought "I'll see how they do in europe" that was it, now its a life sentance. I follow Bayern in europe too, have done for many years, cant really remember how it started. I understand how people can have other teams, often its hard to explain why, just something happens that makes you follow them.

Life is a game of fate.

People who support 2 teams... on 22:02 - Nov 28 with 2792 views_dezzy

I support 2 teams,

Rochdale and Liverpool
Have supported Liverpool since being a kid, then started watching the dale at 17, and by the time i was 18 i got a season ticket for the sandy, have not missed a season since with a season ticket,

I visited the Kop for the 1st time last week

KHBA

People who support 2 teams... on 22:07 - Nov 28 with 2783 viewsDaley_Lama

Splitter! :0)

Don't support any other teams but have a soft spot for Man C, Arsenal, Saints, QPR, Wolves to name but a few for various reasons.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

People who support 2 teams... on 22:10 - Nov 28 with 2773 viewsSalwaDale

Only a Dale fan but have an interest in Wigan (get free tickets a few times every season), Chorley (went quite a lot last season), Middlesbrough (come from there)

TBBT

People who support 2 teams... on 22:15 - Nov 28 with 2749 viewsfitzochris

I come from a family of staunch Man Utd fans but feel no affinity to that team whatsoever. Dale only for me.

I have a soft spot for Wolves for no other reason than I always go them on Champ Manager/Football Manager.

In Scotland Morton would be my team, if I had to pick one, because I got to know fans, players, back room and boardroom folk through my first job up here.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

People who support 2 teams... on 22:16 - Nov 28 with 2752 viewsReedy

I support 2 teams.

Rochdale and Accrington Stanley.

When Stanley were in the lower reaches of non-league (about ten years ago) whenever Dale were away, my dad and I would go and watch Accrington, simply to watch local football. Then it turned into going to Stanley whenever Dale weren't playing (it was fantastic to watch such a famous club achieve promotions and football league status) we would go and watch Accrington.

I find it incredibly strange when Dale play Stanley, because I'm used to rooting for both teams! Its gone from going just to watch football, to going a good few times a year, and proudly owning a Accrington shirt.

Whenever I stand in the Sandy Lane, and someone round me is checking football scores, I will ask for how Stanley are doing.

My first club is Dale, but I'm proud to say my second team is Accrington Stanley.

Blog: The FA Cup

People who support 2 teams... on 22:20 - Nov 28 with 2739 viewsfitzochris

People who support 2 teams... on 22:16 - Nov 28 by Reedy

I support 2 teams.

Rochdale and Accrington Stanley.

When Stanley were in the lower reaches of non-league (about ten years ago) whenever Dale were away, my dad and I would go and watch Accrington, simply to watch local football. Then it turned into going to Stanley whenever Dale weren't playing (it was fantastic to watch such a famous club achieve promotions and football league status) we would go and watch Accrington.

I find it incredibly strange when Dale play Stanley, because I'm used to rooting for both teams! Its gone from going just to watch football, to going a good few times a year, and proudly owning a Accrington shirt.

Whenever I stand in the Sandy Lane, and someone round me is checking football scores, I will ask for how Stanley are doing.

My first club is Dale, but I'm proud to say my second team is Accrington Stanley.

You must be loving Dale at the minute then. A synergy of your favourite clubs.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

People who support 2 teams... on 22:25 - Nov 28 with 2732 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Hometown Football Team: Rochdale AFC

My Home National Football Team: England (all of them) & Team Great Britain (Once in a lifetime football team)

My Grandad's National Football Team: Northern Ireland

that makes me have 4 but 2 of them are National Sides & 1 Olympic Team

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

People who support 2 teams... on 22:48 - Nov 28 with 2694 viewsAtThePeake

I presumed England would go without saying.

Spurs are my 'second team.' My Dad was a Spurs fan until I started dragging him to Dale, and I really like the way they play the game and the history of the club. Never been to The Lane but been to quite a few away games

Would never ever be a contest if it was between Dale or Spurs though, Dale every time.

Tangled up in blue.

People who support 2 teams... on 22:51 - Nov 28 with 2687 viewsShun

United are my 2nd team, due to my dad being a ST-holder there for about 20 years, and me growing up with that influence. Went to OT quite a few times growing up but aged about 15 I started going to watch Dale. It was only then that I learnt what it is to truly fall in love with a football club.

As for foreign clubs, Palermo or Atalanta, as they're my Football Manager teams.
People who support 2 teams... on 23:30 - Nov 28 with 2643 viewsroccydaleian

People who support 2 teams... on 22:25 - Nov 28 by DaleAwaydayBot

Hometown Football Team: Rochdale AFC

My Home National Football Team: England (all of them) & Team Great Britain (Once in a lifetime football team)

My Grandad's National Football Team: Northern Ireland

that makes me have 4 but 2 of them are National Sides & 1 Olympic Team

Thought Peterborough might be your second side Tazbot. I believe you might be down there on Saturday instead of watching the Dale. Is that true? And what's happened to last Saturday's away day review at Southend?
People who support 2 teams... on 23:37 - Nov 28 with 2633 viewsolympicdale

People who support 2 teams... on 22:48 - Nov 28 by AtThePeake

I presumed England would go without saying.

Spurs are my 'second team.' My Dad was a Spurs fan until I started dragging him to Dale, and I really like the way they play the game and the history of the club. Never been to The Lane but been to quite a few away games

Would never ever be a contest if it was between Dale or Spurs though, Dale every time.

Have you taken in a game in Sunderland, having been up there? always looked a cracking ground, I'd imagine would be a great atmosphere.

Life is a game of fate.

People who support 2 teams... on 00:01 - Nov 29 with 2618 viewsAtThePeake

People who support 2 teams... on 23:37 - Nov 28 by olympicdale

Have you taken in a game in Sunderland, having been up there? always looked a cracking ground, I'd imagine would be a great atmosphere.

Yeah, been to quite a few Sunderland games. The ground is excellent, can't fault it. I've been to around 8 or 9 games, and the atmosphere is not what I thought it would be. When they beat Blackburn at home last season (O'Neill's first game in charge) the fans were incredible for the last 10 minutes or so. Other than that, largely disappointing. Plan to visit St.James in the next couple of months.

Tangled up in blue.

People who support 2 teams... on 00:33 - Nov 29 with 2597 viewsSowerbyDale

After Dale my second team are Newcastle, after going to Uni up there in 1998 I had access to a season ticket for the games and they have stuck with me ever since. As far as foreign teams go I always look out for SV Hamburg results after a stag weekend over there earlier this year which involved a SV game vs Bremen. Later in the weekend we took a trip to St Pauli FC to look at the ground and went to the local pub, the team photo in the boozer from a few years ago featured a certain Moriki Sako (whose face had been removed).
People who support 2 teams... on 00:40 - Nov 29 with 2596 viewsolympicdale

People who support 2 teams... on 00:01 - Nov 29 by AtThePeake

Yeah, been to quite a few Sunderland games. The ground is excellent, can't fault it. I've been to around 8 or 9 games, and the atmosphere is not what I thought it would be. When they beat Blackburn at home last season (O'Neill's first game in charge) the fans were incredible for the last 10 minutes or so. Other than that, largely disappointing. Plan to visit St.James in the next couple of months.

St James park looks amazing, an Im sure if you wore anything black and white an walked near the pitch you'd get a standing ovation.

Life is a game of fate.

People who support 2 teams... on 06:46 - Nov 29 with 2560 viewsBazzanne

Dale first and only, but always look out for Inverness CT due to spending a bit of time there, and of course Adelaide Crows in the AFL, possibly Adelaide United ,but live too far away to really get interested in them.
People who support 2 teams... on 08:29 - Nov 29 with 2516 viewselectricblue

Dale is mt first love and always will be....
My second team is Ross Cty followed them on and off for yrs....
I was a quest when they made the 3rd divi......bloody long way to go went via train....
Still have the footie shirt somewhere....
I also have a soft spot real mallorca been to see them a few times in the 1990's now thats a mad experience..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

People who support 2 teams... on 08:45 - Nov 29 with 2495 viewsScunnydale

I grew up in a family of City and Liverpool fans (with the odd United fan).

Aged about 8 or 9, I wanted a team of my own. That was the season of the great escape, so for some reason I thought the Dale would be a good team to follow and it's stuck. Living over this side for most of my life, I enjoy the puzzled looks when people hear who I support.

Still look out for City and Liverpool's results and wish them well, but that's about it - would never say I supported them, I'm more of a "sympathiser"!

Keep meaning to go to see Goole more often too - my local team nowadays. They play Salford (hometown) around Christmas time I think, so might do that.
People who support 2 teams... on 09:13 - Nov 29 with 2489 viewsPDIDDY

Bury and dale

Gissa job

People who support 2 teams... on 09:28 - Nov 29 with 2481 viewsDomDale

Dale first and foremost and always will be but I do occasionaly go to Man City.. The big money side of things is putting me off now though!
Always had a soft spot for Leeds too for some reason...

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024